TOR
    Rights to Calvin Pickard
    COL
      2017 2nd round pick
      Rights to Peter Holland
      TOR
        2017 4th round pick
        NJD
        1. Michalek, Milan ($2,000,000 retained)
        TOR
          Rights to Matt Dumba
          MIN
          1. Kapanen, Kasperi
          Additional Details:
          2016 1st round pick (from PIT)
          Buyouts
          Retained Salary Transactions
          Buried
          ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
          24$74,000,000$61,552,000$512,000$2,272,500$12,448,000
          Left WingCentreRight Wing
          $4,250,000$4,250,000
          LW, RW
          M-NTC
          UFA - 2
          $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
          RW
          UFA - 2
          $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
          RW
          UFA - 3
          Laine, Patrik
          $925,000$925,000
          $4,500,000$4,500,000
          C
          UFA - 6
          $736,666$736,666 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
          RW
          UFA - 2
          $2,950,000$2,950,000
          RW, LW, C
          UFA - 2
          $4,200,000$4,200,000
          C, RW
          M-NTC
          UFA - 2
          $686,667$686,667 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
          RW, LW
          UFA - 1
          $4,500,000$4,500,000
          C, LW
          UFA - 1
          $575,000$575,000
          C
          UFA - 1
          $900,000$900,000
          RW, LW
          UFA - 1
          $653,333$653,333 (Performance Bonus$207,500$208K)
          LW
          UFA - 1
          $5,250,000$5,250,000
          LW, RW
          M-NTC
          UFA - 2
          Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
          $5,000,000$5,000,000
          LD
          UFA - 6
          Zaitsev, Nikita
          $925,000$925,000
          $4,150,000$4,150,000
          G
          UFA - 1
          $4,050,000$4,050,000
          LD
          UFA - 3
          $2,500,000$2,500,000
          RD
          UFA - 2
          $1,250,000$1,250,000
          G
          UFA - 2
          $1,250,000$1,250,000
          LD
          UFA - 2
          $850,000$850,000
          RD
          UFA - 2
          $1,200,000$1,200,000
          LD
          UFA - 1
          $850,000$850,000
          RD
          UFA - 1
          ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
          $5,300,000$5,300,000
          RW
          NMC
          UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
          • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
          Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:20 p.m.
          Like the moves but, I'd change around your Line-up. ie. William Nylander is a promising Prospect but, not a First Line Centre next year.
          Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:26 p.m.
          Habsessed
          Looks pretty good.
          Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:35 p.m.
          Don't mind it. Agree that nylander could use more seasoning. Looking at the oilers they may have hurt some young guys by playing them too high in the line up too early
          Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:36 p.m.
          LongtimeLeafsufferer
          Subtle goalie switch? Looks like almost commitment for Pickard to be the goalie of the future. If he's that good (and he might be) seems like too little for the Avs to accept. Holland really has no trade value.
          Dumba, if he's good enough to trade two rounders, his salary would be close to Gardiner's or maybe even Rielly's. Wouldn't waste 1 of the 2 buyouts available on Greening. He played well last year as a Leaf.
          Michalek has full NTC. He might go to a team of his choice and it wouldn't be NJ. Laine is likely a Marlie at least to the start of the season
          Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:51 p.m.
          LongtimeLeafsufferer
          Edited Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:56 p.m.
          Quoting: camshaft1389
          Don't mind it. Agree that nylander could use more seasoning. Looking at the oilers they may have hurt some young guys by playing them too high in the line up too early

Nylander played about one calendar year in the top Swedish League, and then one year and a bit more with the Marlies, and then six weeks with the Leafs. So when he starts with the Leafs next year it will be more experience than RNH, Hall or Yakupov had when they entered the NHL. If the Leafs don't draft Matthews, a pretty nice top 3 centres of Kadri, Nylander and Bozak. One reason I don't like Bozak been traded is help Nylander and any other young centre adjust to the NHL. Then Laich a fourth centre next year too.
          Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:54 p.m.
          aka ddm
          Quoting: palhal
          Subtle goalie switch? Looks like almost commitment for Pickard to be the goalie of the future. If he's that good (and he might be) seems like too little for the Avs to accept. Holland really has no trade value.
          Dumba, if he's good enough to trade two rounders, his salary would be close to Gardiner's or maybe even Rielly's. Wouldn't waste 1 of the 2 buyouts available on Greening. He played well last year as a Leaf.
          Michalek has full NTC. He might go to a team of his choice and it wouldn't be NJ. Laine is likely a Marlie at least to the start of the season

Laine has a 3yr contract with Tappara that expires 2017. The exit clause (or whatever its called) only pertains to NHL, not AHL so he will play either NHL or Liiga. Also, your crazy to think Holland has no value. There might not be a slot for him on the leafs but he definitely has value at the NHL level.
          Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:58 p.m.
          subtle? You trade for one of the better young goalie prospects in the league how has shown he can play in the NHL for an underwhelming package?

Martin Jones fetched a first rounder and a prospect with 34gm played with a 0.921 sv%. Pickard has played 36gms and has a 0.926 sv%. Thats the price tag for young NHL caliber starting goaltenders
          Apr. 20, 2016 at 7:59 p.m.
          LongtimeLeafsufferer
          Hi Dan. Just my thought on Holland. He's having problems getting ice time with the last place Leafs. IMO he is on waivers next October if he is resigned by the Leafs. Hence my little (or no) trade value. Hope I'm wrong, hope he becomes a solid guy with the Leafs or any team.
          Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:01 p.m.
          aka ddm
          Jarrett, Palhal is right on Dumba's salary; My guess is 4.5-5.5 area. Needs some minor tweaks imo but overall good job.
          Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:03 p.m.

I'm not sure how a 2 year deal @ $1.25m, while giving up a 2nd and Holland is annointing him the goalie of the future. The Avs will have to get rid of Pickard either way given they'll have to protect Varlamov in an expansion draft. Trade value similar to what the Leafs gave up for Bernier a few years ago.
          The value of Dumba's contract was modeled after Ryan Murray's contract. If Rielly was traded for Kapanen and the 25th pick overall, would you be happy?
          I don't see a fit for Greening in this lineup, and he has no trade value either. Could send him to AHL, but what's the point?
          Michalek has an NTC but he also waived it to come to Toronto. The reality is, he's nearing the end of his career in the NHL and he'll go where there's ice time. The Devils lack depth up front so he'd at least play there.
          Prospects of Laine's caliber don't play in the AHL. Most scouts believe he's ready to make the jump.
          The lines shouldn't be analyzed too closely. The reality is, the Leafs will have a top 9 without one line being the "top line" in the traditional sense while the young guns adjust to the NHL.
          Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:07 p.m.
          Edited Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:21 p.m.
          Quoting: coga16
          subtle? You trade for one of the better young goalie prospects in the league how has shown he can play in the NHL for an underwhelming package?

Martin Jones fetched a first rounder and a prospect with 34gm played with a 0.921 sv%. Pickard has played 36gms and has a 0.926 sv%. Thats the price tag for young NHL caliber starting goaltenders

I meant subtle compared to all the JVR for Frederik Anderson trades posted. You could be right that a 2nd and Holland is under-selling his value. I'm assuming some leverage because of the coming expansion draft but it could take more than this to get him.

We're also talking about the same GM who gave up two 2nds for Polak and Spaling.
          Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:09 p.m.
          Quoting: Dan_da_Man
          Jarrett, Palhal is right on Dumba's salary; My guess is 4.5-5.5 area. Needs some minor tweaks imo but overall good job.

Not a prayer Dumba gets that kind of package. Not nearly as far along in his development as Rielly, Maatta, etc.. I try to find comparables when estimating a player's contract. I don't see a comparable at that price, but I could be missing something.
          Apr. 20, 2016 at 8:51 p.m.
          exo2769
          Quoting: Jarrett18

I meant subtle compared to all the JVR for Frederik Anderson trades posted. You could be right that a 2nd and Holland is under-selling his value. I'm assuming some leverage because of the coming expansion draft but it could take more than this to get him.

We're also talking about the same GM who gave up two 2nds for Polak and Spaling.

I'm adding on to the comments rather than the original post.
          Would (2) picks be worth beating LA??? The Sharks have a TERRIBLE history in the playoffs. I would counter and say it's a good move even if the long term plan is to remove Thornton and Marleau because the young guns like Wingels know what it takes to win and honestly just used to being a part of the playoffs. AND he's actually doing ok in San Jose. Not elite, but better than with the Leafs.
          Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:29 p.m.
          Quoting: exo2769
          Quoting: Jarrett18

I'm adding on to the comments rather than the original post.
          Would (2) picks be worth beating LA??? The Sharks have a TERRIBLE history in the playoffs. I would counter and say it's a good move even if the long term plan is to remove Thornton and Marleau because the young guns like Wingels know what it takes to win and honestly just used to being a part of the playoffs. AND he's actually doing ok in San Jose. Not elite, but better than with the Leafs.

I would admit being in the eastern time zone I haven't seen much of the Kings-Sharks series, but I have trouble believing Polak is making the difference between beating the Kings and not. And the question is, did they need to give up two 2nds to get him? I think they probably could have got him for less.
          Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:42 p.m.
          LongtimeLeafsufferer
          Edited Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:49 p.m.
          Regarding Michalek......and I'll be repeating all year on this:
          Michalek waived his NTC to come to Toronto in the Phaneuf. Wasn't that a big "favour" done by Michalek to the Leafs? So the Leafs have agreed to the following for Michalek.
          Full NTC, full NMC. No buyout, no Marlies, no trades unless Michalek wants to. If he's traded to Arizona to play with his brother, it will be for a 7th rounder and the Leafs will retain salary.
          Come TDL next February, Michalek MIGHT agree to a trade to a contender....of his choice.
          So let's be straight on this....the Leafs will be honourable in there treatment of Michalek as they gave their word to him last February. No crappy 4th round pick is worth Lou and the Leafs going back on their word.

The comments regarding the San Jose trade for Polak, Spaling for 2 seconds and Leafs helped SJ with cap relief of Raffi Torres contract. The Hawks traded a first, third and Dano for Ladd and in the minors Harrison. From that perspective, maybe the Sharks made a very good deal.
          Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:48 p.m.
          Michalek waived his NTC to come to Toronto in the Phaneuf. Wasn't that a big "favour" done by Michalek to the Leafs? So the Leafs have agreed to the following for Michalek.
          Full NTC, full NMC. No buyout, no Marlies, no trades unless Michalek wants to. If he's traded to Arizona to play with his brother, it will be for a 7th rounder and the Leafs will retain salary.
          Come TDL next February, Michalek MIGHT agree to a trade to a contender....of his choice.
          So let's be straight on this....the Leafs will be honourable in there treatment of Michalek as they gave their word to him last February. No crappy 4th round pick is worth Lou and the Leafs going back on their word.

Do you have a link to this information? I haven't read that there was any sort of agreement with the player. Obviously I might have missed it.
          Apr. 20, 2016 at 9:50 p.m.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/leafs/2016/04/08/maple-leafs-season-report-card.html

This article by Kevin McGran of The Star refers to him as "trade bait". McGran seems to be relatively in the know.
          Apr. 20, 2016 at 10:58 p.m.
          LongtimeLeafsufferer
          Jarrett: There is no written link. Nothing has been said to the press. McGran is just making stuff up to for his story. Was it in a link that Shanahan was going to president of the Leafs, or Babcock the coach, or Lou the GM, it just happened behind closed doors. The Phanuef deal....was there even an inkling he could be traded especially to Ottawa? When Lou went to Michalek's place on Sunday after the pending trade with Byran Murray on Saturday, what do think was discussed. The waiving of Michalek's NTC with Ottawa and how what guarantees he would have as a Leaf. Some things may not be written down because it violates the CBA, the essence is what I wrote earlier. Michalek has full control of movement and salary next year. Did Lou, Mike or Shanny or Michalek tell McGran....hell no. Will other players, agents be impressed by the way the Leafs treat Michalek....yes. That's what's important not a fourth round pick.
          Apr. 21, 2016 at 7:47 a.m.
          Jarrett: There is no written link. Nothing has been said to the press. McGran is just making stuff up to for his story. Was it in a link that Shanahan was going to president of the Leafs, or Babcock the coach, or Lou the GM, it just happened behind closed doors. The Phanuef deal....was there even an inkling he could be traded especially to Ottawa? When Lou went to Michalek's place on Sunday after the pending trade with Byran Murray on Saturday, what do think was discussed. The waiving of Michalek's NTC with Ottawa and how what guarantees he would have as a Leaf. Some things may not be written down because it violates the CBA, the essence is what I wrote earlier. Michalek has full control of movement and salary next year. Did Lou, Mike or Shanny or Michalek tell McGran....hell no. Will other players, agents be impressed by the way the Leafs treat Michalek....yes. That's what's important not a fourth round pick.

I certainly agree that treating players the right way is way more important than a 4th round pick. And I agree with you that Michalek would have been given some assurances before he waived his NTC to come to Toronto. Did these assurances include saying they won't even attempt to trade him? Who knows. I think you're right that they won't buy him out, and won't send him to the AHL. But my guess is that Michalek's priority is finding playing time, and he would be happy to accept a trade if that were the case(just a guess though). They could get a 7th for him and I wouldn't be upset. The issue is, without trading him, somebody that I believe to be NHL-ready will be sent down to the Marlies again.
          Apr. 21, 2016 at 10:27 a.m.
          LongtimeLeafsufferer
          If Michalek desire is playing time, you're right he would be traded. But if he wants to be in Toronto (the city) it will be on the NHL roster. With Lupul often injured and I doubt if Holland comes back, there is room for him for one more year. My opinion is that JVR gets traded before June 30, before his NTC kicks in.
          Apr. 21, 2016 at 12:27 p.m.
          If Michalek desire is playing time, you're right he would be traded. But if he wants to be in Toronto (the city) it will be on the NHL roster. With Lupul often injured and I doubt if Holland comes back, there is room for him for one more year. My opinion is that JVR gets traded before June 30, before his NTC kicks in.

That's a great point. My team assumes JVR isn't traded, and Marner is with the Leafs next year. I'm agnostic on both points, it would be nice to have JVR in the line-up next season to play with the kids, but his trade value is greater with two years remaining on his contract. Interesting to see what they do.

To create a post please Login or Register
          Question:
          Options:
          Add Option
          Submit Poll