Description
1) Any upgrade to the defence will likely wait till the trade deadline
2) It will not include Nylander leaving TO
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
8$7,500,000
Trades
TOR
  1. Tanev, Christopher ($2,225,000 retained)
Additional Details:
If Vancouver doesn't retain, the pick turns into a 2nd rounder.
VAN
  1. Engvall, Pierre
  2. Nielsen, Andrew
  3. 2019 1st round pick (TOR)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$79,500,000$75,533,333$2,550,000$5,400,000$3,966,667
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 1
$7,500,000$7,500,000
RW
UFA - 6
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 7
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$787,500$787,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 4
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$2,225,000$2,225,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,050,000$4,050,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 6
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$650,000$650,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 9, 2018 at 4:50 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
If the Leafs had offered 7.5m, I would've thought the Nylander would have agreed. I just wonder if Leafs have offered so much.
tatatavares and OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 9, 2018 at 4:58 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: palhal
If the Leafs had offered 7.5m, I would've thought the Nylander would have agreed. I just wonder if Leafs have offered so much.

From what rumours have been mentioning, it sounds like TO is firm on around 6.5 and Nylander is firm on 8+ so I don't think they've gotten that close yet. However, the longer it takes to sign, the more likely it is the cap hit goes up a tad. Mainly because of the loophole that sees the 1st year have a much higher cap hit than the rest of the contract. TO can afford a huge hit this year and if that means the next 7 after have a cap hit below 7.5, then the Leafs are laughing. It would not surprise me if both sides already have an agreement done and ready to sign but they have to wait to a specific date when it will have the right impact on the team.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 9, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo

I would say that’s a definite no. Nylander can wait if he wants to but I don’t see the leafs putting up any more money. His comparables are easy to see and dubas has already stated he will not be settingvany matket records. Everyday nylander stays out itt’s Just a few more bucks in kappy’s pocket.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 9, 2018 at 5:04 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Jamiepo
I would say that’s a definite no. Nylander can wait if he wants to but I don’t see the leafs putting up any more money. His comparables are easy to see and dubas has already stated he will not be settingvany matket records. Everyday nylander stays out itt’s Just a few more bucks in kappy’s pocket.

Wouldn't if really upset the Leafs cap (and all fantasy roster makers)....if Nylander sits all year, Kappy goes and scores 20 goals and 40 assists. Next summer RFA Kappy now wants 8m too, just like Nylanderhappy
GenXHockey and OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 9, 2018 at 5:06 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: LoganOllivier
From what rumours have been mentioning, it sounds like TO is firm on around 6.5 and Nylander is firm on 8+ so I don't think they've gotten that close yet. However, the longer it takes to sign, the more likely it is the cap hit goes up a tad. Mainly because of the loophole that sees the 1st year have a much higher cap hit than the rest of the contract. TO can afford a huge hit this year and if that means the next 7 after have a cap hit below 7.5, then the Leafs are laughing. It would not surprise me if both sides already have an agreement done and ready to sign but they have to wait to a specific date when it will have the right impact on the team.

I highly doubt this... the cap hit saved is minimal... i wouldn’t put it past pridham though.
Oct. 9, 2018 at 5:12 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Wouldn't if really upset the Leafs cap (and all fantasy roster makers)....if Nylander sits all year, Kappy goes and scores 20 goals and 40 assists. Next summer RFA Kappy now wants 8m too, just like Nylanderhappy

I would be happy to send nylander off at this point and give kappy 4-5m over 6 years. Get some prospects and picks for nylander lol. I don’t know what we are going to do with kappy. He is too good to be in the bottom 6. I wonder how he would do on the left side of Matthews....
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 9, 2018 at 5:12 p.m.
Banned

Kapanen's numbers will not impact Nylander. Nylander has proven to be an elite offensive player and Matthews will be better with him in the lineup. He'll sign for north of 7 million but it will be a while before discussions get closer to that number. Pridham and Dubas have all this figured out, I have no doubt they will make it all work in ways we don't know are possible yet.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 9, 2018 at 5:15 p.m.
Banned

If Kapanen has a season like that, he would be the perfect bridge deal candidate. He just doesn't have the results Nylander has to ask for that much. I bet if Kapanen has a big year, he'll either get an offer sheet, or sign a 1 or two year deal at a much lower cap hit than you'd think. Or he'll get traded in the off season. If people were offering anything remotely close to full value for Nylander, he would have been traded already.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 9, 2018 at 5:16 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I would be happy to send nylander off at this point and give kappy 4-5m over 6 years. Get some prospects and picks for nylander lol. I don’t know what we are going to do with kappy. He is too good to be in the bottom 6. I wonder how he would do on the left side of Matthews....

I kinda agree with your trade scenario for Nylander because at some time it might anyway. Why I wouldn't like it...especially if Nylander can get another million a year from another team is that it might encourage other Leaf RFAs to "hold out"to be traded elsewhere for a few more dollars. So I think the Leafs have to be ones, signing Nylander to reasonable contract. After that, a trade could be made.
OldNYIfan and GenXHockey liked this.
Oct. 9, 2018 at 5:21 p.m.
Banned
I highly doubt this... the cap hit saved is minimal... i wouldn’t put it past pridham though.

If he signed Dec 1 on an 8 year deal, the savings are almost half a million a year. I imagine on an 8 year deal the savings are even higher. So I disagree, this could be a mastermind plan of the brain trust.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 9, 2018 at 5:22 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming

I am glad some people are finally catching on about what I have been SCREAMING about all summer long. MOVE KAPPY TO THE LEFT. PLEASE! Also I thought Babs tried that at some point... might have been pre season tho.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 9, 2018 at 5:22 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Kapanen's numbers will not impact Nylander. Nylander has proven to be an elite offensive player and Matthews will be better with him in the lineup. He'll sign for north of 7 million but it will be a while before discussions get closer to that number. Pridham and Dubas have all this figured out, I have no doubt they will make it all work in ways we don't know are possible yet.

That’s funny matthews has 5 goals and 3 assists in 3 games....

If kappanen (who you seem to severely underrate) comes in and keeps producing and Matthews keeps producing this will certainly effect the spies at which nylander accepts his deal. If kappy can put up good numbers with the Matthews line and he can do all the dirty things nylander does and kill penalties.... how does that force our hand to give in to nylander?

I can assure you the negotiating on dubas’s end is all but done. This is what we will pay you let us know when you’re ready. I’m sure once nylander comes down close dubas will meet him in the middle and give him a big fat bonus so he doesn’t lose as much money for holding out and everyone will be one big happy family.

Those stats you tote around about nylander doesn’t change the fact that Pasternak is still ahead of him. Advanced stats will only get you so far... dubas will point to forsberg, ehlers Larkin and Pastrnak and let him know that he will pay him a fair salary and put him in a position to win and flourish.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 9, 2018 at 5:23 p.m.
Banned

Nylander is all around way better than Kapanen, but having him on the left side with Nylander and Matthews would be an upgrade over Marleau. Also Nylander is my favourite player, so stop throwing shade his way lol. Honestly, its fun to talk about this but the reality is there is no reason to even worry about any of this. No matter what the team is sick.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 9, 2018 at 5:27 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
That’s funny matthews has 5 goals and 3 assists in 3 games....

If kappanen (who you seem to severely underrate) comes in and keeps producing and Matthews keeps producing this will certainly effect the spies at which nylander accepts his deal. If kappy can put up good numbers with the Matthews line and he can do all the dirty things nylander does and kill penalties.... how does that force our hand to give in to nylander?

I can assure you the negotiating on dubas’s end is all but done. This is what we will pay you let us know when you’re ready. I’m sure once nylander comes down close dubas will meet him in the middle and give him a big fat bonus so he doesn’t lose as much money for holding out and everyone will be one big happy family.

Those stats you tote around about nylander doesn’t change the fact that Pasternak is still ahead of him. Advanced stats will only get you so far... dubas will point to forsberg, ehlers Larkin and Pastrnak and let him know that he will pay him a fair salary and put him in a position to win and flourish.

Yes on the salary bit. I think you have seen this but here it is again for everyone:
https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/884206
All the stats, including ADV stats show Nylander is not making Pasta money
Oct. 9, 2018 at 5:30 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: Random2152
I am glad some people are finally catching on about what I have been SCREAMING about all summer long. MOVE KAPPY TO THE LEFT. PLEASE! Also I thought Babs tried that at some point... might have been pre season tho.

Read all my agm comments... said it a million times. I’ve always been big on kappy. He’s fast skilled and gritty. Even if he has to play on the Kadri line give him ennis or Hyman on the left and he will help produce.

I think when nylander comes back you have to drop him back down there and try and get him on a reasonable four year deal... then have him do nothing but one timers for about 4 straight practices and unleash him on the left side of Matthews next season. Right hand shot on the left side is one timer city. Kappy is fast... too fast. When Matthews come trailing in its going to leave him a lot of space.
Oct. 9, 2018 at 5:32 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: Random2152
Yes on the salary bit. I think you have seen this but here it is again for everyone:
https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/884206
All the stats, including ADV stats show Nylander is not making Pasta money

Maybe you quoted the wrong person her but I’m with you.
Oct. 9, 2018 at 5:35 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Nylander is all around way better than Kapanen, but having him on the left side with Nylander and Matthews would be an upgrade over Marleau. Also Nylander is my favourite player, so stop throwing shade his way lol. Honestly, its fun to talk about this but the reality is there is no reason to even worry about any of this. No matter what the team is sick.

For sure. The one area that kappy is better is playoffs lol. He is just grittier and not afraid to muck it up. I’m sure nylander will be fixing that part of his game... he’s certainly looking stronger already.

I love nylander but we have to be reasonable with his contract for future rfa’s if marner and Matthews still have an entire season to surpass him.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Oct. 9, 2018 at 5:49 p.m.
I like the Trade. But could we get a mid pick instead of Engvall. Our left wing is really clogged right now and our prospect pool is already deep at left wing.
Oct. 9, 2018 at 5:57 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Agree with both sentiments entirely.
Oct. 9, 2018 at 7:56 p.m.

Cap hits stay constant thru contracts, hence the acronym AAV
Oct. 9, 2018 at 9:16 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
Cap hits stay constant thru contracts, hence the acronym AAV

This is why people should do a small amount of research before talking like they know stuff.

https://twitter.com/CapFriendly/status/1045315053539545088/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thestar.com%2Fsports%2Fbreakaway_blog%2F2018%2F10%2F03%2Fpuck-about-to-drop-on-leafs-season------still-no-nylander.html
Oct. 9, 2018 at 9:20 p.m.
Oct. 9, 2018 at 9:35 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: littlejerryseinfeld
the savings you demonstrate are tiny

on a 7 year deal signed on Dec 1, there is almost half a million in savings. On an 8 year deal it will be even bigger savings. Perhaps read what someone puts forward before discussing it and making yourself look a goof.
Oct. 10, 2018 at 12:26 a.m.
I like this.. finally a leafs fan that doesnt think you need to move nylander just because you cant have to many good things . and finally a trade for a d that doesnt cost you a nylander or a liljegren that gets you back a good d and not an old overpaid "defensive dman" that takes to many penalties and cant make a break out pass or transition the puck
Oct. 10, 2018 at 8:30 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: swesont
I like this.. finally a leafs fan that doesnt think you need to move nylander just because you cant have to many good things . and finally a trade for a d that doesnt cost you a nylander or a liljegren that gets you back a good d and not an old overpaid "defensive dman" that takes to many penalties and cant make a break out pass or transition the puck

Fair weather fans panic and want to trade everyone. The team is strong and will be even stronger once Nylander is signed
OldNYIfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll