RW, LW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 7
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
RW
UFA - 1
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$650,000$650,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
UFA - 1
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$787,500$787,500
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 4
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$3,387,500$3,387,500
RD
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,050,000$4,050,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 6
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Nov. 17, 2018 at 12:12 a.m.
Send back your 2nd pick to ANA and you have a deal.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 12:13 a.m.
Just Keep Swimming
No way from the Leafs. We already have Gardiner, don't need a 2nd one.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 12:30 a.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk

Add in a 4th coming back TOR way and let's get the paperwork done!

Quoting: Random2152
No way from the Leafs. We already have Gardiner, don't need a 2nd one.

A younger, cheaper, right-handed Gardiner, that has cost certainty for next year? Seems like exactly the type of thing the Leafs are looking for, no?
Nov. 17, 2018 at 12:34 a.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: IceamiGO
Add in a 4th coming back TOR way and let's get the paperwork done!

A younger, cheaper, right-handed Gardiner, that has cost certainty for next year? Seems like exactly the type of thing the Leafs are looking for, no?

Dermott is looking like he can fill his spot well by next year, although we will see how that goes by year end. If we wanted another Gardiner, we would just sign Gards. I actually think the reason Nylander hasn't signed is because Dubas wants to keep Gards too, and it is JUST possible if he gets fair deals. Hence why they wont budge on Nylander.
Also, Not enough, unless Silfverberg resigns.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 1:01 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: ChiHawk

For a top 4 and a rental... I don’t think so.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 1:11 a.m.
Dermott is looking like he can fill his spot well by next year, although we will see how that goes by year end. If we wanted another Gardiner, we would just sign Gards. I actually think the reason Nylander hasn't signed is because Dubas wants to keep Gards too, and it is JUST possible if he gets fair deals. Hence why they wont budge on Nylander.

Montour + 1 year of Silfverberg is fair value for Nylander imo. Re-signing Silfverberg actually makes the deal worse because that $3+ million in cap space is more valuable to the Leafs next season than an aging top-9 winger.

Dermott's the real deal (still young, but the kid's got obvious NHL talent).

Gardiner's going to get $6+ million on the open market. Even if Willie gets bridged at $5M, Matts takes $10M, Mitch takes $8M, and the Leafs get Kaps, Johny, Lindholm, plus the rest of their depth for under $10M, that leaves like $5M maybe for Gardiner? As things currently stand, he's just priced out of Toronto.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 1:16 a.m.
Quoting: Jamiepo
For a top 4 and a rental... I don’t think so.

For a top 4 that fills a glaring need, a rental that should replace a good chunk of Willy's production in the short-term, and an extra $3 million in cap space for next year's cap crunch? That sounds like something that could work
ChiHawk liked this.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 1:37 a.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Montour + 1 year of Silfverberg is fair value for Nylander imo. Re-signing Silfverberg actually makes the deal worse because that $3+ million in cap space is more valuable to the Leafs next season than an aging top-9 winger.

Dermott's the real deal (still young, but the kid's got obvious NHL talent).

Gardiner's going to get $6+ million on the open market. Even if Willie gets bridged at $5M, Matts takes $10M, Mitch takes $8M, and the Leafs get Kaps, Johny, Lindholm, plus the rest of their depth for under $10M, that leaves like $5M maybe for Gardiner? As things currently stand, he's just priced out of Toronto.

No. No its not even close to fair value. God and people say Leafs fans make bad trades. Learn how to evaluate talent.

For a top 4 that fills a glaring need, a rental that should replace a good chunk of Willy's production in the short-term, and an extra $3 million in cap space for next year's cap crunch? That sounds like something that could work

What glaring need? I did not know the Leafs needed MORE offence!
Nov. 17, 2018 at 3:15 a.m.

Ian Scott is coming.....
Random2152 liked this.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 3:30 a.m.
No. No its not even close to fair value. God and people say Leafs fans make bad trades. Learn how to evaluate talent.

I don't pretend to know how NHL GM's conduct business, but please explain to me how that trade is "not even close" to fair value.

And I agree - they don't need more offense. That's why it makes sense to trade Willy for a defenseman?

Last time I checked, the right side of Toronto's blueline has a left-handed 37 year old pending UFA on its top pairing, a 26 year old rookie on its bottom pairing, and Martin Marincin as the next best option to replace either of those guys barring any injury (God forbid Zaitsev gets hurt). Unless your banking on Justin Holl finding his legs at the NHL level, or thrusting Timothy Liljegren into the fire before he's ready (that goes for next season too), then I'd say there is a pretty glaring need on the right side of that blueline.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 3:34 a.m.
Quoting: Laudan
Ian Scott is coming.....

Kids got a rocket for a shot
Nov. 17, 2018 at 5:56 a.m.
Banned

Must be some strong legal pot up in Canada.
Nylander isn't going to take less than Marner and neither player is going to take half as much as Matthews. Those are just facts.
If he isn't traded it will be a 1 year deal, and he will go to arbitration next year. Most likely he will be traded before that as the leafs won't be able to afford the arbitrators decision.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 12:26 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: pharrow
Nylander isn't going to take less than Marner and neither player is going to take half as much as Matthews. Those are just facts.
If he isn't traded it will be a 1 year deal, and he will go to arbitration next year. Most likely he will be traded before that as the leafs won't be able to afford the arbitrators decision.

Marner and nyalnder deals won't be as long as Matthews. Also, 6.5 and 8 is about fair considering production for 5 to 6 years. Matthews will get the full 8, and the reason he will be so highly paid is because of buffalo and Edmonton badly overpaying their players out of desperation. Nylander and Marner would get matching contract if they were up together, but Marner has another year and plays with JT (both are on pace for 100 points so far). That's what changes the AAV. I agree they are very similar.

Matthews is on a while other level of good. The adv stats say it, the eye test says it, and he will get paid like it.

Also, I never said it was likely, I just think the reason Dubas is being so absurdly stingy is due to the fact that he wants to keep gards, and if they get fair contracts it is just barely possible, hence the leafs holding out.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 12:30 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
I don't pretend to know how NHL GM's conduct business, but please explain to me how that trade is "not even close" to fair value.

And I agree - they don't need more offense. That's why it makes sense to trade Willy for a defenseman?

Last time I checked, the right side of Toronto's blueline has a left-handed 37 year old pending UFA on its top pairing, a 26 year old rookie on its bottom pairing, and Martin Marincin as the next best option to replace either of those guys barring any injury (God forbid Zaitsev gets hurt). Unless your banking on Justin Holl finding his legs at the NHL level, or thrusting Timothy Liljegren into the fire before he's ready (that goes for next season too), then I'd say there is a pretty glaring need on the right side of that blueline.

Dermott and Rielly can both play the right, and Montour is an ofd who is being talked about very similarly to gards at that age. Not what the Leafs need lol ( I like gards, but one is enough). Also leafs are like 4th best in goals against so d is mostly fine as of now. Not really a glaring need.

Montour is a ofd top 4 dman and Ritchie is a top 9 guy, that doesn't get you William freaking Nylander.

Any Nylander trade comes with a contract, as GM's don't have a habit of trading for maybes.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 1:47 p.m.

Marner and nyalnder deals won't be as long as Matthews. Also, 6.5 and 8 is about fair considering production for 5 to 6 years. Matthews will get the full 8, and the reason he will be so highly paid is because of buffalo and Edmonton badly overpaying their players out of desperation. Nylander and Marner would get matching contract if they were up together, but Marner has another year and plays with JT (both are on pace for 100 points so far). That's what changes the AAV. I agree they are very similar.

Matthews is on a while other level of good. The adv stats say it, the eye test says it, and he will get paid like it.

Also, I never said it was likely, I just think the reason Dubas is being so absurdly stingy is due to the fact that he wants to keep gards, and if they get fair contracts it is just barely possible, hence the leafs holding out.

Are people still seriously putting Nylander in the same category as Marner!?

Marner has clearly separated himself from Nylander by this point. Has he not?
Nov. 17, 2018 at 2:07 p.m.
Dermott and Rielly can both play the right, and Montour is an ofd who is being talked about very similarly to gards at that age. Not what the Leafs need lol ( I like gards, but one is enough). Also leafs are like 4th best in goals against so d is mostly fine as of now. Not really a glaring need.

Montour is a ofd top 4 dman and Ritchie is a top 9 guy, that doesn't get you William freaking Nylander.

Any Nylander trade comes with a contract, as GM's don't have a habit of trading for maybes.

Schenn L. is on waivers....i wonder if he would be an upgrade over Hainsey for 4x less money...or maybe a complementary RHD to release some TOI from the guy.....
Nov. 17, 2018 at 3:18 p.m.
Banned

Marner and Nylander will both be up together next year at this rate. As a 1 year deal is probably the only deal that's coming. The only difference is Nylander will be going to arbitration and Toronto will not accept the deal as he becomes a UFA.
The stats from the last 2 years Nylander played full years with Marner are equal. It's gonna be really hard to justify one and not the other.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 3:20 p.m.
Banned

That's not what the stats say. You don't know what Nylander would have done this year. My guess is he would have just as good of stats playing next to Matthews as Marner has playing next to JT.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 4:26 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming

Not as of the last time they played together they haven't. I do think Marner is better, but that is a better ceiling. Statistically Nylander is actually better. Now obviously that comparison doesn't include this year due to Nylander not playing, so we will wait and see on that, but if they were both up the summer that just passed, they would get matching contracts. The reason Marner is going to get more are that he has a higher ceiling, he has another year to play (cap inflation) and he will be playing with JT, who has a noted history of getting his wingers paid.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 4:27 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Marner and Nylander will both be up together next year at this rate. As a 1 year deal is probably the only deal that's coming. The only difference is Nylander will be going to arbitration and Toronto will not accept the deal as he becomes a UFA.
The stats from the last 2 years Nylander played full years with Marner are equal. It's gonna be really hard to justify one and not the other.

No evidence for anything you just said about the 1 year deal. Literally none at all. You say your opinion as if it's reported fact. Stop it
Nov. 17, 2018 at 4:28 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Laudan
Schenn L. is on waivers....i wonder if he would be an upgrade over Hainsey for 4x less money...or maybe a complementary RHD to release some TOI from the guy.....

Way,way too slow. Would rather hainsey, or even Holl.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 4:34 p.m.
That's not what the stats say. You don't know what Nylander would have done this year. My guess is he would have just as good of stats playing next to Matthews as Marner has playing next to JT.

Ok, the stats are similar (although Marner’s are still better). But I’ve watched pretty much every Leafs game for the past 2+ years, and it looks pretty clear cut to me. Marner is an engine - he makes the players around him better. Nylander is more like a turret - a great weopan when on the wing of a bigger gun.
Nov. 17, 2018 at 4:40 p.m.
You guys are nuts if you think Nylander deserves even money with Marner.
Nov. 18, 2018 at 12:49 a.m.
Banned
No evidence for anything you just said about the 1 year deal. Literally none at all. You say your opinion as if it's reported fact. Stop it

"The current team must extend a "qualifying offer" to a restricted free agent to retain negotiating rights to that player. Qualifying offers are for one year contracts. "

Please learn the system before spreading fake news. He has a one year tender already on the table. Otherwise Toronto has no rights to him. He will sign the tender on the last day and then he will walk next year when the arbitrator gives him 7+ million a year and Toronto with cap issues having to sign both Matthews and Marner will decline to match as he won't fit the cap.
That is the future you are looking at. Which is why they have NO choice but to trade him. No team is going to help them at the draft. They already view him as a UFA. It's why he's not worth the insane amount of trade value you toronto fans want for him.
Nov. 18, 2018 at 12:58 a.m.
Just Keep Swimming
"The current team must extend a "qualifying offer" to a restricted free agent to retain negotiating rights to that player. Qualifying offers are for one year contracts. "

Please learn the system before spreading fake news. He has a one year tender already on the table. Otherwise Toronto has no rights to him. He will sign the tender on the last day and then he will walk next year when the arbitrator gives him 7+ million a year and Toronto with cap issues having to sign both Matthews and Marner will decline to match as he won't fit the cap.
That is the future you are looking at. Which is why they have NO choice but to trade him. No team is going to help them at the draft. They already view him as a UFA. It's why he's not worth the insane amount of trade value you toronto fans want for him.

You understand that a QA is like an additional 10% or something on the contract right? That's like 1.something AAV. Nylander can go to literally any other league for more. Why would he sign in the NHL for that?

The leafs can afford 7aav, they just don't want to as it makes things even tighter. We have 38 ish million in cap space man, it isn't hard to see how it all fits. And no, that's not the future at all lol. You are just talking out of your ass. You clearly have no clue what the **** is happening,or how it works.

No choice to trade him. If worse comes to worse, YOU FIND A WAY. The cap is ~ 82.5 million next year. Last I checked Matthews,jt,mm,wn won't even come close to that. It means you can keep them all.

God you are a ******* idiot.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll