Forums/Armchair-GM

Bridging Point

Created by: Hedman77
Team: 2019-20 Tampa Bay Lightning
Initial Creation Date: Feb. 18, 2019
Published: Feb. 18, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Add whatever is needed to Callahan trade. The point is he's gone.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,100,000
2$1,100,000
2$850,000
3$5,750,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$875,000
2$875,000
Trades
TBL
  1. 2020 7th round pick (NYR)
NYR
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$83,000,000$73,806,664$0$1,362,500$9,193,336
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C, LW
NTC
UFA - 5
$5,750,000$5,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
UFA - 8
$5,166,666$5,166,666
C, LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 6
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 5
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 3
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$875,000$875,000
RW, LW
UFA
$850,000$850,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,100,000$1,100,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 7
$697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$147,500$148K)
RD
UFA - 1
$1,150,000$1,150,000
G
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$875,000$875,000
LD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Feb. 18, 2019 at 2:44 p.m.
mtl will take callahans full contract if u give us foote
Feb. 18, 2019 at 2:48 p.m.
Point isnt signing for that little. id expect him to go for 7 minimum
Billy739 liked this.
Feb. 18, 2019 at 2:50 p.m.
Quoting: shmoeman
Point isnt signing for that little. id expect him to go for 7 minimum

The comparison @Hedman77 was working off of was the same % of cap as Kucherov's current deal (prior to his extension). This would be a bridge contract. Normally, I think that teams' fans bank on getting team friendly deals done is foolhardy, TBL have pulled it off year after year, player after player. I wouldn't be surprised, per se, if Point reached 6.5M a year in a bridge, but I think TBL get away with it because they're a highly competitive team in a state with no income tax.
Hedman77 and justaBoss liked this.
Feb. 18, 2019 at 2:52 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: Price_is_the_goat
mtl will take callahans full contract if u give us foote

i'd do it for Stephen's or Raddysh and a pick (3rd or 4th )

Stephen's fits our needs in Laval right now and next year and our needs in MTL longterm as a 3rd line Cetner and special teams guy .
very similar style to Danault which means we may need to be patient like with Danault but he will overachieve .
Raddysh is the best option but likely only to need this season in the AHL after that we'd just be leaving him down for seasoning .

they are all under this impression Callahan hates MTL which is more telling of their feelings and prejudice's then his (after all they are trying to speak for someone they never met as if they had )
Feb. 18, 2019 at 2:54 p.m.
Quoting: Billy739

Stephen's fits our needs in Laval right now and next year and our needs in MTL longterm as a 3rd line Cetner and special teams guy .
very similar style to Danault which means we may need to be patient like with Danault but he will overachieve .
Raddysh is the best option but likely only to need this season in the AHL after that we'd just be leaving him down for seasoning .

they are all under this impression Callahan hates MTL which is more telling of their feelings and prejudice's then his (after all they are trying to speak for someone they never met as if they had )

foote is the better asset. u dont give away cap space for an ahl level player
Feb. 18, 2019 at 2:55 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: staytru20
The comparison @Hedman77 was working off of was the same % of cap as Kucherov's current deal (prior to his extension). This would be a bridge contract. Normally, I think that teams' fans bank on getting team friendly deals done is foolhardy, TBL have pulled it off year after year, player after player. I wouldn't be surprised, per se, if Point reached 6.5M a year in a bridge, but I think TBL get away with it because they're a highly competitive team in a state with no income tax.

each summer this is said i've seen no one take less in TBL or anywhere really just to help the team .

Pacioretty did and was treated like crap by the fans .
Gallagher did but the minute he wants more money fans will turn on him
its not smart taking less as fans are fickle and forget .
Feb. 18, 2019 at 2:56 p.m.
Log off the internet
each summer this is said i've seen no one take less in TBL or anywhere really just to help the team .

Hedman, McDonagh and Stamkos did.
boomkk47 and KUUUCH liked this.
Feb. 18, 2019 at 2:58 p.m.

I didn't say that they took less to help the team, I'm saying that TBL has the advantage of being a team that's highly competitive (i.e. players want to come there because they have a chance of winning the Cup) and they have no state income tax. The long and short of it is, there are players that will take less money for a chance to win, and Tampa also gives tax relief to players who make a lot of money.
Feb. 18, 2019 at 2:58 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: Price_is_the_goat
foote is the better asset. u dont give away cap space for an ahl level player

Foote is over hyped and less valuable then Brooks , he's a RD meaning getting him is committing to abandoning fleury who i think will be a better player longterm then Foote . Foote's a legacy and fans always overvalue those . each team took a Jordan Subban or a Riley Sutter or Jared Staal hoping for their name to impact their play . Foote's a good 2nd pair D but thats it really and its smarter investing in our RD depth with kicks the **** out of TBL :P

also i highly dought a team with a huge RD hole gives up their only RD to move Callahan
Feb. 18, 2019 at 3:01 p.m.
Foote is over hyped and less valuable then Brooks , he's a RD meaning getting him is committing to abandoning fleury who i think will be a better player longterm then Foote . Foote's a legacy and fans always overvalue those . each team took a Jordan Subban or a Riley Sutter or Jared Staal hoping for their name to impact their play . Foote's a good 2nd pair D but thats it really and its smarter investing in our RD depth with kicks the **** out of TBL :P

also i highly dought a team with a huge RD hole gives up their only RD to move Callahan

like i said he is still the better asset. u can always make other trades. 6'4 right shot D are gold. he's doing well in the ahl as well
Billy739 liked this.
Feb. 18, 2019 at 3:03 p.m.
Log off the internet

Not everything is anti-French Canadian or prejudice. You always use that as an argument when someone disagrees with you.
It's just basic logic, why would he want to go from the #1 team in the standings to Montreal?
He's not getting any younger and still has no Cup.
Feb. 18, 2019 at 3:06 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: Hedman77
Hedman, McDonagh and Stamkos did.

no no they didnt .
Stamko's took like 500K less then his offer from TML so lets not try to spin that into a Gallagher like move that required talking to 0 teams and taking well under his value

i know you understand why your comparison is wrong , you're a smart guy .
my question is now was this an attempt at manipulation or just a failed effort at understanding what is meant by team friendly deal ?

if they go ufa they are not taking team friendly , if they go offersheets then they are not taking team friendly they are going for maximum value .

Hedman and Mcdonugh have set the bar as both are solid players but at this stage in their careers based on their accomplishments that is their value .

its not like my examples where its clear money was left on the table , your guys got NMC and Hedman doubled his salary with Mcdonugh getting a 2m+ raise.
these are fair value's for them dont get me wrong but i dont see any money left on the table just a negotiation for control of their futures via trades something Pacioretty and Gallagher didnt require as they didnt plan on declining (that is what negotiating for a NMC is ,a bet against your self and team )
Feb. 18, 2019 at 3:08 p.m.
Billy739
Not everything is anti-French Canadian or prejudice. You always use that as an argument when someone disagrees with you.
It's just basic logic, why would he want to go from the #1 team in the standings to Montreal?
He's not getting any younger and still has no Cup.

did i say anti french or did you just assume **** and act dramatic so you'd have something to say in an arguement you couldnt refute?

Prejudice comes in all forms , look up its definition and try again laddy as in Canada we use the Queens Proper English , no slang definitions
Feb. 18, 2019 at 3:09 p.m.
Log off the internet
did i say anti french or did you just assume **** and act dramatic so you'd have something to say in an arguement you couldnt refute?

Prejudice comes in all forms , look up its definition and try again laddy as in Canada we use the Queens Proper English , no slang definitions

You're the one who always acts dramatic.
What other prejudice could you possibly have been talking about?
Feb. 18, 2019 at 3:20 p.m.
Billy739
You're the one who always acts dramatic.
What other prejudice could you possibly have been talking about?

no i speak on point and in context .
people just get upset when i dont allow them to manipulate situations with misinformation .
I debate while you guys make excuses .

to each their own , i just prefer talking hockey on hockey forums
not gossip stories and dirt sheets.

like i said ive seen you contribute more often then not but today isnt one of those days because you're so upset someone challenged you that you're just reacting .

again look up the term Prejudice fully because you seem to be pretty confused about a basic english word.

i'll just help you out a smidge

"Preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.
‘English prejudice against foreigners’"

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/prejudice
Feb. 18, 2019 at 3:25 p.m.
Log off the internet
no i speak on point and in context .
people just get upset when i dont allow them to manipulate situations with misinformation .
I debate while you guys make excuses .

to each their own , i just prefer talking hockey on hockey forums
not gossip stories and dirt sheets.

like i said ive seen you contribute more often then not but today isnt one of those days because you're so upset someone challenged you that you're just reacting .

again look up the term Prejudice fully because you seem to be pretty confused about a basic english word.

i'll just help you out a smidge

"Preconceived opinion that is not based on reason or actual experience.
‘English prejudice against foreigners’"

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/prejudice

trying to make this about "prejudice" is about as far out of context as it gets.
if you're just looking to get offended you've come to the wrong place.
i'm just trying to talk hockey and sign a single contract and you're trying to blow this up into something it's not.
that's why everyone gets frustrated dealing with you, you always try to bait people with this stuff
Feb. 18, 2019 at 3:26 p.m.
Billy739
trying to make this about "prejudice" is about as far out of context as it gets.
if you're just looking to get offended you've come to the wrong place.
i'm just trying to talk hockey and sign a single contract and you're trying to blow this up into something it's not.
that's why everyone gets frustrated dealing with you, you always try to bait people with this stuff

i didnt you did , i made a statement you over dramatically blew up to be the whole subject .

its your trigger word , doesnt mean i got to go through life avoiding words you dont like that's just naive to say the very least .
how you react to things is on you and no one else .

the fact that i had to explain the definition of a term that triggered , before that i was talking a great deal about hockey with someone else .
that subject took a pause because i had to deal with your nonsense
Feb. 18, 2019 at 3:28 p.m.
JLuque
Quoting: staytru20

i love how point and other RFA's, are bridged at 5.5-7.5m; but Marner has to be $9m plus
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Feb. 18, 2019 at 3:29 p.m.
Log off the internet
i didnt you did , i made a statement you over dramatically blew up to be the whole subject .

its your trigger word , doesnt mean i got to go through life avoiding words you dont like that's just naive to say the very least .
how you react to things is on you and no one else .

you took my saying Callahan wouldn’t waive for MTL and made it about prejudice and trigger words.

If you don’t want to contribute anything to this post and just **** and complain then I’m not going to deal with this, I have better ways to spend my time
Feb. 18, 2019 at 3:39 p.m.
you took my saying Callahan wouldn’t waive for MTL and made it about prejudice and trigger words.

If you don’t want to contribute anything to this post and just **** and complain then I’m not going to deal with this, I have better ways to spend my time

Let me offer you some free advice, you need to utilize the "Ignore List" this site provides.
Hedman77 liked this.
Feb. 18, 2019 at 4:34 p.m.
Quoting: jluqueSF
i love how point and other RFA's, are bridged at 5.5-7.5m; but Marner has to be $9m plus

I don't think I've said that a bridge deal for Marner would be $9M.
Feb. 18, 2019 at 6:33 p.m.
B
W Karlsson took 5.3m ish for a 1yr prove it deal and came back to earth. Point is 1/2 on best team. He already stated he wants an 8yr or possibly a 5/6yr bridge deal. Cause it's Tampa, 5x8.5m or 8x10.5m ish. Anything near 6 is laughable.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll