SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Trade Deadline Winners and Losers

Feb. 25, 2019 at 3:50 p.m.
Biggest Winners:
1) NSH - absolute highway robbery of granlund from MIN and also added Simmonds for cheap. 2 very good trades which makes them an even bigger cup favourite.
2) VGK - getting the biggest UFA forward signed signed to an (unofficial) extension.
3) OTT - they get a lot of heat for past trades (and they deserve it), but I cant ignore the return they got for their pending UFAs. This rebuild probably wont take that long.
4) COL - Indirectly win through OTTs moves which nearly guarantees them the best odds at 1st overall. They also got Brassard for cheap to help for a playoff push.
5) NYR - good on them for committing to the rebuild and getting some assets rather than risking letting them walk. Not a huge return for Hayes/McQuaid/Zucc but they made the right choice to move on and got fair value for them.

Biggest Losers:
1) TBL - No moves are worse than minor moves when you consider how much some other cup contenders added (NSH, VGK, WPG, SJS, CBJ). TBL should have gone all out on a rental this year in my opinion.
2) MIN - Could have gotten a much bigger return on Granlund in my opinion.

To Be Determined:
1) CBJ - this is a big wildcard. They had the balls to go all in with Duchene, Dzingel, McQuaid, & Kinkaid and keep Panarin and Bobrovsky. We will see this offseason if they can resign the big guys or not which will determine if this was a good deadline for them or not.
Hockeylover360 and CFMan liked this.
Feb. 25, 2019 at 6:02 p.m.
Biggest loser- pit.
Brian2016 liked this.
Feb. 25, 2019 at 6:16 p.m.
Edited Feb. 26, 2019 at 1:07 p.m.
Quoting: moli92

1) TBL - No moves are worse than minor moves when you consider how much some other cup contenders added (NSH, VGK, WPG, SJS, CBJ). TBL should have gone all out on a rental this year in my opinion.

You're entitled to your opinion. But making a deal for the sake of making a deal is the worst thing Tampa could've done. They're still one of the deepest teams in the League. There wasn't a move done today that made me think "wow they're suddenly better than Tampa". Tampa was the team to beat yesterday and they're still the team to beat today.
DoctorBreakfast liked this.
Feb. 25, 2019 at 7:42 p.m.
Quoting: mhockey91
Biggest loser- pit.

PIT and MIN
mhockey91 liked this.
Feb. 25, 2019 at 7:48 p.m.
TBL wins big today! Theyre already loaded at every position and they didn't need to spend one penny of future assets. I also can't believe I'm saying this. but OTT had an amazing week. They were gonna lose everyone for nothing and they seemingly maximized everyone. I guess this says something about low expectations. I think the NYI should've been more active, too. They needed scoring help. They should've been in on MoJo from NJD. They have a plethora of young Wingers in their system.
Rangsey liked this.
Feb. 25, 2019 at 7:58 p.m.
Big Winner: VGK

Rumor has it that Stone is set to sign an 8 year extension worth $9.5M AAV. Huge win for VGK and now the trade makes perfect sense. Unreal.
Feb. 26, 2019 at 1:35 p.m.
Tampa didn't make a trade cuz they don't need to. BriseBois said it himself. "Making a move would make us deeper, not better.", and we are already deep.
We have enough physicality this year. Especially with that addition on right D. Cernak has been unbelievable so far (smart, fast and big physical player).

Biggest winners are Preds and Jackets, no doubt.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll