C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$1,975,000$1,975,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$885,833$885,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$4,125,000$4,125,000
C
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,450,000$3,450,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$3,333,333$3,333,333
G
UFA - 2
$1,450,000$1,450,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
G
UFA - 2
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RD
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 14, 2019 at 4:35 p.m.
Quoting: coga16
24 vs 27 (who just turned that 2 weeks ago). They are very similar players and very close in age for someone you will get in the 5.5m-6m range to be your 2C. Horvat isnt a 1C across the league, he is your 1C...theres a difference there.

And there is also Jost who has very similar stats to Horvat at 20 years old and 20 years in the league. Again Lets not try to act like Horvat is some sort of Cant miss and mortgage the future to get sort of 2nd Line C for the Avs.

Hayes and Horvat are comparables. They are similar players with similar Ppgs, goals etc. Just one is a UFA now and one will be in 3 years when Horvats contract is done. You get the same production and value of them at what will be negligible cap hit differences

24 vs 27 (who just turned that 2 weeks ago). They are very similar players and very close in age for someone you will get in the 5.5m-6m range to be your 2C. Horvat isnt a 1C across the league, he is your 1C...theres a difference there.

And there is also Jost who has very similar stats to Horvat at 20 years old and 20 years in the league. Again Lets not try to act like Horvat is some sort of Cant miss and mortgage the future to get sort of 2nd Line C for the Avs.

Hayes and Horvat are comparables. They are similar players with similar Ppgs, goals etc. Just one is a UFA now and one will be in 3 years when Horvats contract is done. You get the same production and value of them at what will be negligible cap hit differences

Are you serious? Horvat has the same stats and is 3 years younger.

Horvat isn't proven, but you bring up Jost? Come on man.

Have you seen Horvat play?

Your can drive a semi through your arguments even if someone had a hint of the player. Based on your last post, there's no point in debating Horvat because you obviously don't have a clue.

However, I appreciate the debate and the fact that the Avs have built a good young team with lots of potential. I like a lot your players and hope BC boys like Jost do really well. Good luck.
May 14, 2019 at 4:59 p.m.
Quoting: sedin33
Are you serious? Horvat has the same stats and is 3 years younger.

Horvat isn't proven, but you bring up Jost? Come on man.

Have you seen Horvat play?

Your can drive a semi through your arguments even if someone had a hint of the player. Based on your last post, there's no point in debating Horvat because you obviously don't have a clue.

However, I appreciate the debate and the fact that the Avs have built a good young team with lots of potential. I like a lot your players and hope BC boys like Jost do really well. Good luck.

they played the same amount of games and have the same production...or did you not notice that? Thats my whole point. IF they want the same production now they can go out and get Hayes, if they want to wait they potentially have that in Jost already. Horvat is a great player but he is a 2nd line C on a championship team, he isnt a 1C universally across the league sorry thats just the hard truth.

I get it you love your player, but you are putting him on a pedestal that is not on access the league. He is not worth Makar who is considered one of the most dynamic and impact young Dman outside of Dahlin. In what world would you trade him plus the 4th overall? Just look across the league, there is very few players that would command that value, and Horvat isnt even close to that. Benning gets laughed at as soon as he mentions Makar name in any sort of talk for Horvat. What you may want and what you would actually get are 2 different things. No team or trade commands that sort of return.
May 14, 2019 at 4:59 p.m.
I can certainly see why Colorado or Canucks fans wouldn't want to do it. The Canucks would be dealing their soon to be captain and it's a significant price for the Avs. But to argue that Horvat is not a number 1 center is BS. He played against the other teams' top line, had no decent wingers and scored 27 goals. He's 24 and would give the Avs a great one-two punch.

Makar is a Top Line Defenseman, and the 4th Overall pick for a guy who would be a legitimate 2C.
May 14, 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
There is no way we give up a future #1 D and a future #1 C for a middling #1C.

I’m assuming we take Turcotte, Zegras, or Cozens who all project to be top line players. (Not generational, but top line) I will agree with you that Horvat is a #1C, but he is a mid/low tier top line C.

We’d rather just pay Hayes. Your argument is that Horvat is 4 years younger, but your solution is we trade our two youngster studs. Do you see how this is not adding up?

Sign Hayes now and him and Horvat will probably produce similar numbers over the next 3 seasons. At that time hopefully Turcotte can outproduce both.

Not trying to troll but we’re just nowhere close on this deal.
sedin33 liked this.
May 14, 2019 at 5:58 p.m.
Quoting: Zhaavs
There is no way we give up a future #1 D and a future #1 C for a middling #1C.

I’m assuming we take Turcotte, Zegras, or Cozens who all project to be top line players. (Not generational, but top line) I will agree with you that Horvat is a #1C, but he is a mid/low tier top line C.

We’d rather just pay Hayes. Your argument is that Horvat is 4 years younger, but your solution is we trade our two youngster studs. Do you see how this is not adding up?

Sign Hayes now and him and Horvat will probably produce similar numbers over the next 3 seasons. At that time hopefully Turcotte can outproduce both.

Not trying to troll but we’re just nowhere close on this deal.

To be clear I’m not arguing that the Avs need to do this deal or that there aren’t other options.

I agree with most of your comments. However, it’s not a given that any of the picks will be equal to or better than Horvat.

I like Makar and agree that he will probably be a top defenseman. I feel the same about Hughes. But neither has done it yet.

Appreciate the feedback
May 14, 2019 at 6:05 p.m.
Congrats you picked Bo Horvat (which you probably guessed that was the intent and could see his point total total) however the Point is that Player B is....Kevin Hayes who is a UFA this year and will get almost what Horvats contract is. You dont need to give up Makar and the 4ht overall to get that level of player.

I'm curious as to what those two FO% is in comparison. As well as Minutes played per game. As well as other advanced stats like defensive zone starts etc. Fact of the matter is I am a Canucks fan and agree the Makar + 4OA is steep BUTTTT. To come back to my offer of

Timmins+Jost+4th OA would that get it done. for Horvat + Hutton?
May 14, 2019 at 6:18 p.m.
what an overpayment
May 14, 2019 at 9:39 p.m.
Not even close to reality! tears of joy
May 14, 2019 at 11:30 p.m.
Don't think it's delusional at all. Maybe Makar and/or Byram MIGHT BE that, but Horvat IS a no. 1 center. Potential is a very important thing and many fans (me included) often side with potential over a known quantity. But it doesn't always pan out, in fact, it's more common for players not to live up to their potential.

If you're argument was that the Avs would be better off not doing the deal and keeping their window open longer, I would respect that. I just don't buy that it's delusional.

In Colorado he wouldn't be, so you can't justify giving up Makar, and Byram for a guy who would be playing 2C in Colorado just like he is in Vancouver. He had a solid 61 Points in a full season, under 30 Goals tho, which would help produce, but you can't justify giving up a top prospect, and a Defenseman who is predicted to be on their top line, especially when he is what the Market is looking for RHD. Which makes him even more valuable because RHD are so out of stock right now and everyone is looking for them they are pricy, so you can't expect to see Girard or Makar coming back, maybe Zadorov or Barrie if you want someone, but it wouldn't be Makar.
May 15, 2019 at 9:04 a.m.
Quoting: BeastModeUnknown
In Colorado he wouldn't be, so you can't justify giving up Makar, and Byram for a guy who would be playing 2C in Colorado just like he is in Vancouver. He had a solid 61 Points in a full season, under 30 Goals tho, which would help produce, but you can't justify giving up a top prospect, and a Defenseman who is predicted to be on their top line, especially when he is what the Market is looking for RHD. Which makes him even more valuable because RHD are so out of stock right now and everyone is looking for them they are pricy, so you can't expect to see Girard or Makar coming back, maybe Zadorov or Barrie if you want someone, but it wouldn't be Makar.

I get why Avs fans don’t like the deal, but players like Horvat aren’t cheap. He played 1C in Vancouver and against the opposition’s top line and didn’t have any help from his wingers. Your proposal significantly undervalues him
May 15, 2019 at 9:11 a.m.
I get why Avs fans don’t like the deal, but players like Horvat aren’t cheap. He played 1C in Vancouver and against the opposition’s top line and didn’t have any help from his wingers. Your proposal significantly undervalues him

It really doesn't Colorado has to base him on what he would play on the team it doesn't make sense to trade a Prospect that can play Top Pairing minutes for a guy who would be a 2C in Colorado it's not what his skill shows it's what he would be on the team. It doesn't make sense to give up a Top 5 Pick, and a A+ Prospect for a B player. Which he is a B player he can't produce 70+ points like Marner, and other.
May 15, 2019 at 10:03 a.m.
It really doesn't Colorado has to base him on what he would play on the team it doesn't make sense to trade a Prospect that can play Top Pairing minutes for a guy who would be a 2C in Colorado it's not what his skill shows it's what he would be on the team. It doesn't make sense to give up a Top 5 Pick, and a A+ Prospect for a B player. Which he is a B player he can't produce 70+ points like Marner, and other.

I get that for Colorado, but for Vancouver your proposal wouldn’t make sense
May 15, 2019 at 11:16 a.m.
I get that for Colorado, but for Vancouver your proposal wouldn’t make sense

This doesn't make sense from Colorado perspective right now. There are 2 teams to a trade and you are only looking at the Vancouver side of things.
May 15, 2019 at 1:24 p.m.
This doesn't make sense from Colorado perspective right now. There are 2 teams to a trade and you are only looking at the Vancouver side of things.

I’m may not have been clear, I understand that it doesn’t work for Colorado
May 16, 2019 at 4:49 p.m.
RETIRED
LMAO. Hard no on that deal lmao
May 16, 2019 at 8:55 p.m.
Counter offer. Horvat and a second for Jost & Barrie. Just out of interest.
sedin33 liked this.
May 17, 2019 at 8:51 a.m.
Quoting: TJTwolf
Counter offer. Horvat and a second for Jost & Barrie. Just out of interest.

That wouldn’t work for Vancouver
May 17, 2019 at 11:08 a.m.
That wouldn’t work for Vancouver

I was just thinking Barrie is B.C. born at least and Jost grew up there I believe. Why do you believe it wouldn't work? Not enough? Personally I think in the original trade you are overvaluing Horvat. Whilst he is a decent centre who would be a perfect #2C for the Avs that trade is far too rich for my blood, and I would think most other people's too.
May 17, 2019 at 1:09 p.m.
Quoting: TJTwolf
I was just thinking Barrie is B.C. born at least and Jost grew up there I believe. Why do you believe it wouldn't work? Not enough? Personally I think in the original trade you are overvaluing Horvat. Whilst he is a decent centre who would be a perfect #2C for the Avs that trade is far too rich for my blood, and I would think most other people's too.

I think it's a basic misalignment between us. My view of Horvat is higher than yours, and I like Makar, but still unproven.

For Vancouver to trade Horvat, the team would need Makar + and I don't think that works for you.
May 18, 2019 at 11:20 a.m.
I think it's a basic misalignment between us. My view of Horvat is higher than yours, and I like Makar, but still unproven.

For Vancouver to trade Horvat, the team would need Makar + and I don't think that works for you.

Yep, not a hope in hell. Makar is set to be the most valuable player involved in that trade, and you don't trade a future potential superstar for a #2C. As you say difference of our views of the players. Not saying Horvat isn't good, and he'd be ideal for the Avs #2C but he's not THAT good. It's always good to air and share our views though! smile
sedin33 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll