$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$775,000$775,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$6,875,000$6,875,000
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 17, 2019 at 12:02 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Don't think the Ducks would be interested in taking on all that cap hit....7.6m. Leafs get 7.6m in cap relief...yes they have to fill two positions and first rounder. Seems like big overpay by the Ducks since Kesler has no affect on any teams cap.
OldNYIfan and brocklesnar liked this.
May 17, 2019 at 12:03 a.m.
The cap hit of players on LTIR is not included in the teams cap hit value. This is a simplification for Armchair-GM that is not technically correct. For more information see the LTIR FAQ
May 17, 2019 at 12:06 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Kesler is of no advantage to the Maple Leafs and moving him is of no value to the Ducks; we certainly don't need Brown with Silfverberg, Kase, Sprong, Terry and Sherwood at RW (plus the moribund Perry), so this trade is a non-starter. Zaitsev for a third I could see, as Anaheim's entire right-side defense is Josh Manson, UFA Korbinian Holzer and AHLers.
palhal liked this.
May 17, 2019 at 12:08 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: Newgod77
The cap hit of players on LTIR is not included in the teams cap hit value. This is a simplification for Armchair-GM that is not technically correct. For more information see the LTIR FAQ

I see you c/p this all over the place. Just wondering why. For all intents and purposes it lets you determine whether the cap hit relief would allow you to fill the roster with current contracts.

You seem to post it as if there is an issue.
May 17, 2019 at 12:11 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Kesler is of no advantage to the Maple Leafs and moving him is of no value to the Ducks; we certainly don't need Brown with Silfverberg, Kase, Sprong, Terry and Sherwood at RW (plus the moribund Perry), so this trade is a non-starter. Zaitsev for a third I could see, as Anaheim's entire right-side defense is Josh Manson, UFA Korbinian Holzer and AHLers.

We've had this "monster" created recently. Kesler to the Leafs. shakes head .
OldNYIfan liked this.
May 17, 2019 at 12:14 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: palhal
We've had this "monster" created recently. Kesler to the Leafs. shakes head .

Almost makes me sorry I'm a Ducks fan.

Let Marleau and Kesler retire in peace. At least Marleau is going to play one more year.
palhal liked this.
May 17, 2019 at 12:24 a.m.

Quoting: Jamiepo
I see you c/p this all over the place. Just wondering why. For all intents and purposes it lets you determine whether the cap hit relief would allow you to fill the roster with current contracts.

You seem to post it as if there is an issue.

You can’t put players on LTIR till start of season. A 20 man roster must be submitted day before season under cap before any LTIR can be used
You also have to be close to cap max to get full value
There is a reason many players (ie hossa) were traded.
You can’t trade bad contracts for injured players to make bad contracts go away.
That quote is from this site. You can read up about it.
May 17, 2019 at 12:29 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
You can’t put players on LTIR till start of season. A 20 man roster must be submitted day before season under cap before any LTIR can be used
You also have to be close to cap max to get full value
There is a reason many players (ie hossa) were traded.
You can’t trade bad contracts for injured players to make bad contracts go away.
That quote is from this site. You can read up about it.

Yes you can put players on ltir in the off season and no you don’t have to add them to the roster before putting them on ltir. You can submit your roster with the players on ltir for the league to approve. It’s in the cba... read it.

https://cdn.nhlpa.com/img/assets/file/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf

I’m sick and tired of doing all the reading while people like you spout stuff off like you know what you are talking about.
May 17, 2019 at 12:33 a.m.
Yes you can put players on ltir in the off season and no you don’t have to add them to the roster before putting them on ltir. You can submit your roster with the players on ltir for the league to approve. It’s in the cba... read it.

https://cdn.nhlpa.com/img/assets/file/NHL_NHLPA_2013_CBA.pdf

I’m sick and tired of doing all the reading while people like you spout stuff off like you know what you are talking about.

Good luck with that. You guys can bring back clarkson and acquire zetterburg then sign Erik Karllson
There’s a reason teams trade these assets to get rid of injured player. But I’m sure you have it all figured out.
May 17, 2019 at 12:39 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Good luck with that. You guys can bring back clarkson and acquire zetterburg then sign Erik Karllson
There’s a reason teams trade these assets to get rid of injured player. But I’m sure you have it all figured out.

I see you’re too lazy to read, there’s an abreviated ltir faq here, if you’re too lazy for that you can just take the leafs example of lupul and Horton being placed on ltir in 2017 offseason. And if you are still to lazy you can just stop posting about things you haven’t the slightest clue about and misinforming people on a site that they come to so they can learn about the cap.
May 17, 2019 at 12:52 a.m.

They do that because Day 1 of the season there is indeed some juggling. You can be over during the offseason by the % but it also constrains what you can do in season with players. It's more complicated then what is posted on this website in the FAQ and you are right about teams want to get rid of LITR players having to do with tying their hands on cap flexibility. That is 100% accurate but the details are complicated as to why exactly and this website does indeed over simplify it. There are some articles that talk about how complicated it is outside of this website but for the purpose of creating Armchairs I understand why CF does it like this.
Newgod77 liked this.
May 17, 2019 at 1:49 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: ChiHawk
They do that because Day 1 of the season there is indeed some juggling. You can be over during the offseason by the % but it also constrains what you can do in season with players. It's more complicated then what is posted on this website in the FAQ and you are right about teams want to get rid of LITR players having to do with tying their hands on cap flexibility. That is 100% accurate but the details are complicated as to why exactly and this website does indeed over simplify it. There are some articles that talk about how complicated it is outside of this website but for the purpose of creating Armchairs I understand why CF does it like this.

They used to use the calculator but got rid of it during an update. This is just easier than juggling contracts. I used to use the pro mode and had no issues getting full relief.

You are totally wrong about ltir contracts though. Players can be placed on ltir during the offseason and teams can still exceed the cap. The ltir relief is added on top of the 10% cushion. Players on ltir in offseason are given full relief independent of the team’s current cap hit. On opening day players can be put on in season ltir before submitting a roster. The roster can then be sent in with the calculated relief for approval. Leafs did the exact same thing with lupal and Horton.

Yes it is far more complicated than just throwing a player on ltir. But for management teams to calculate it us about as difficult as it is for us here on this site.

Teams will move ltir players to other teams that need to get to the cap floor to help them out. Toronto has always spent to the edge of the cap and has never once considered moving an ltir contract. Even when it could have helped them this season with performance bonuses.
May 17, 2019 at 1:57 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo

Seems to like you don’t understand ltir at all.

Ltir doesn’t provide you with extra cap space to sign extra players like you mentioned “Karlsson” the ltir gives you a relief pool to cover the roster in light of an injury. If we did acquire 10m in ltir contracts we would be hit with 10m in cap then given 10m in relief. The net is zero dollars. You really should read up on this before you start trying to lecture.
May 17, 2019 at 2:02 a.m.
They used to use the calculator but got rid of it during an update. This is just easier than juggling contracts. I used to use the pro mode and had no issues getting full relief.

You are totally wrong about ltir contracts though. Players can be placed on ltir during the offseason and teams can still exceed the cap. The ltir relief is added on top of the 10% cushion. Players on ltir in offseason are given full relief independent of the team’s current cap hit. On opening day players can be put on in season ltir before submitting a roster. The roster can then be sent in with the calculated relief for approval. Leafs did the exact same thing with lupal and Horton.

Yes it is far more complicated than just throwing a player on ltir. But for management teams to calculate it us about as difficult as it is for us here on this site.

Teams will move ltir players to other teams that need to get to the cap floor to help them out. Toronto has always spent to the edge of the cap and has never once considered moving an ltir contract. Even when it could have helped them this season with performance bonuses.

I understand what you said but there is juggling on opening day, nothing about me saying that is wrong. It also absolutely constrains what a team can do in season when that LITR counts against the cap and for a team up against the cap, if injuries happen or trade offers are made, there isn't flexibility because of dead cap money. That is why teams trade assets to get rid of LITR players otherwise, why would they do it? There are better places that explain it then on this website's FAQ section.
May 17, 2019 at 2:08 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
I understand what you said but there is juggling on opening day, nothing about me saying that is wrong. It also absolutely constrains what a team can do in season when that LITR counts against the cap and for a team up against the cap, if injuries happen or trade offers are made, there isn't flexibility because of dead cap money. That is why teams trade assets to get rid of LITR players otherwise, why would they do it? There are better places that explain it then on this website's FAQ section.

I posted the cba lol, it’s the best source. I’ve went over it many times. It also doesn’t constrain teams for trades. It also isn’t dead space. It’s the relief pool, once that is set in place you can operate above the cap the same as any team under it. You can not go over the relief pool but that is no different than any other team.

Paying performance bonuses on the other hand is an issue. You can use the relief pool for any contract whether you trade for it or not but performance bonuses can not be paid from the relief pool.

If there is any example of a trade that can’t be made due to the relief pool that you are concerned about I would be happy to elaborate.
May 17, 2019 at 10:16 a.m.
I posted the cba lol, it’s the best source. I’ve went over it many times. It also doesn’t constrain teams for trades. It also isn’t dead space. It’s the relief pool, once that is set in place you can operate above the cap the same as any team under it. You can not go over the relief pool but that is no different than any other team.

Paying performance bonuses on the other hand is an issue. You can use the relief pool for any contract whether you trade for it or not but performance bonuses can not be paid from the relief pool.

If there is any example of a trade that can’t be made due to the relief pool that you are concerned about I would be happy to elaborate.

But that's the entire point, it's dead cap space. It is different because the players cap hit is sitting on the books and the player isn't playing.
May 17, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
But that's the entire point, it's dead cap space. It is different because the players cap hit is sitting on the books and the player isn't playing.

But the relief is not dead cap space. So what is your point? I don’t understand your reasoning. What is it that a team can not do because they are using ltir other than pay performance bonuses? I can assure you that there is no other difference.
May 17, 2019 at 9:35 p.m.
Don't think the Ducks would be interested in taking on all that cap hit....7.6m. Leafs get 7.6m in cap relief...yes they have to fill two positions and first rounder. Seems like big overpay by the Ducks since Kesler has no affect on any teams cap.

7.6m? I think you mean 6.6m. NZ at 4.5 and Brown at 2.1. Which means Ducks save money on the deal plus get 2 nhl players back. You can put any kind of draft pick you want in there I don't really care. The Ducks probably can"t afford to pay Kesler 6.85m to sit the rest of his contract term (careers most likely over). The Leafs can afford to pay him like Horton and the free up some cap space as well. Obviously it's LTIR space but still usable space.
May 17, 2019 at 9:42 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: SRB_34
7.6m? I think you mean 6.6m. NZ at 4.5 and Brown at 2.1. Which means Ducks save money on the deal plus get 2 nhl players back. You can put any kind of draft pick you want in there I don't really care. The Ducks probably can"t afford to pay Kesler 6.85m to sit the rest of his contract term (careers most likely over). The Leafs can afford to pay him like Horton and the free up some cap space as well. Obviously it's LTIR space but still usable space.

You keep on saying the Duck can't afford to pay Kesler. Where do you come up with this????? That's all I"m asking . But you seem to so evasive. I'm not buying it. Virtually all players are covered by insurance, so team don't pay out of pocket. Horton was an exception is that he had a pre existing medical before signing his 7 year contract with the Columbus so his contract no insurable .
May 17, 2019 at 10:00 p.m.
You keep on saying the Duck can't afford to pay Kesler. Where do you come up with this????? That's all I"m asking . But you seem to so evasive. I'm not buying it. Virtually all players are covered by insurance, so team don't pay out of pocket. Horton was an exception is that he had a pre existing medical before signing his 7 year contract with the Columbus so his contract no insurable .

If you buy it or not doesn’t matter. If they can move the contract they will.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll