$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 5, 2019 at 5:06 p.m.
Crosby for Tavares
Jun. 5, 2019 at 5:21 p.m.
Jetsfan
Quoting: dzad96
Crosby for Tavares

It wouldnt work...Crosby never wore Leafs PJ's
dzad96 liked this.
Jun. 5, 2019 at 5:24 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
hub > malkin......better contract younger and out produced him last season
Trocheck < kessel but Trocheck is 7 years younger.
Vatrano > jarry.....jarry is an Ahl goal who's unproven in the nhl....he isnt considered a top goalie prospect and has a 1 way deal meaning he has to play in the nhl......not worth Vatrano

Florida at best stays the same but gets way older....awful deal for them imo

also maatta isnt very good he doesnt get you a 2nd round pick esp with a 4m cap hit
Jun. 5, 2019 at 5:37 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Capitalfail67
Vatrano > jarry.....jarry is an Ahl goal who's unproven in the nhl....he isnt considered a top goalie prospect and has a 1 way deal meaning he has to play in the nhl......not worth Vatrano

also maatta isnt very good he doesnt get you a 2nd round pick esp with a 4m cap hit

Huberdeau out produced Malkin last year but every other year he's been a 60 point player. Keep in mind just last year geno was a hart trophy candidate and Barkov and Malkin as 1 and 2 centers would be deadly. Also Jarry played 26 games in 2018 and had a .908 save percentage so I'd hardly consider him "unproven". IDK to each his own but I think this is a pretty fair trade
mhockey91, Pensfan89 and gregb569 liked this.
Jun. 5, 2019 at 5:42 p.m.
Quoting: Quavo
Huberdeau out produced Malkin last year but every other year he's been a 60 point player. Keep in mind just last year geno was a hart trophy candidate and Barkov and Malkin as 1 and 2 centers would be deadly. Also Jarry played 26 games in 2018 and had a .908 save percentage so I'd hardly consider him "unproven". IDK to each his own but I think this is a pretty fair trade

agreed. Huberdeau is good but that could've been a career year.
Pensfan89 liked this.
Jun. 5, 2019 at 5:44 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Quavo

Huberdeau is one of the most underrated players in the nhl....hes 26 coming off a career year his price is going to be at its absolute highest. malkin is 31 coming off an average year. now tell me which player sounds more appealing? jarry played 2 games last year and had a 3.5GAA .887sv%....so I mean whatever jarry you wanna go with im saying his value is what a 3rd or 4th round pick not a solid top 6 potential prospect
Jun. 5, 2019 at 5:45 p.m.

Malkin > Huberdeau...last year was Huberdeau’s career year and Malkin’s down year and Huberdeau BARELY out scored Malkin. Hub (1.12 pts per game) Malkin (1.05 pts per game). Malkin also is more likely to draw Panarin and Bob (or at least one of them to Florida making the team that much better and also puts butts in the seats.
Kessel has gotten better with age. Everyone that says Kessel had a bad year last year doesn’t know or watch hockey. The guy had his second best season with the club. And age means absolutely nothing when you are trying to win and also put butts in the seats. If that’s the case then I guess the flyers wouldn’t trade Nolan Patrick for Sidney Crosby straight up or the devils wouldn’t trade Pavelski Zacha for Crosby straight up cause those guys are like 10 years younger and have potential. Florida would get loads better with that deal.

And name me one reason outside of speed for why Maatta isn’t good (and with a legit source to prove it). Cause there are plenty of good slower moving defensemen. The guy is a career +60 which is amazing since the bandwagon pens fans think he is the reason for every goal against and never drives offense to score. The guy has played as an offensive defenseman and can play as a defensive stalwart. He has a high hockey IQ. Maatta has gotten a bad wrap cause he doesn’t play like he did his first year when he was paired with Martin and could be an offensive force. Now he “DoEsN’t ScOrE gOaLs” so now everyone thinks he is a bum.
mhockey91 liked this.
Jun. 5, 2019 at 5:46 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: mhockey91
agreed. Huberdeau is good but that could've been a career year.

then who's to say that last season isnt the beginning of Malkin slumping? my point is most team don't like getting 7 years older for moves that are close to lateral....
Jun. 5, 2019 at 5:49 p.m.
The trade of the century happened during this past season already: Rutta and a 7th for Koekkoek and a 5th.
Jun. 5, 2019 at 5:54 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Pensfan89
Malkin > Huberdeau...last year was Huberdeau’s career year and Malkin’s down year and Huberdeau BARELY out scored Malkin. Hub (1.12 pts per game) Malkin (1.05 pts per game). Malkin also is more likely to draw Panarin and Bob (or at least one of them to Florida making the team that much better and also puts butts in the seats.
Kessel has gotten better with age. Everyone that says Kessel had a bad year last year doesn’t know or watch hockey. The guy had his second best season with the club. And age means absolutely nothing when you are trying to win and also put butts in the seats. If that’s the case then I guess the flyers wouldn’t trade Nolan Patrick for Sidney Crosby straight up or the devils wouldn’t trade Pavelski Zacha for Crosby straight up cause those guys are like 10 years younger and have potential. Florida would get loads better with that deal.

And name me one reason outside of speed for why Maatta isn’t good (and with a legit source to prove it). Cause there are plenty of good slower moving defensemen. The guy is a career +60 which is amazing since the bandwagon pens fans think he is the reason for every goal against and never drives offense to score. The guy has played as an offensive defenseman and can play as a defensive stalwart. He has a high hockey IQ. Maatta has gotten a bad wrap cause he doesn’t play like he did his first year when he was paired with Martin and could be an offensive force. Now he “DoEsN’t ScOrE gOaLs” so now everyone thinks he is a bum.

kessel is terrible 5v5 and hasnt gotten better with age....even since the previous year his points are down what 10%? thats hardly better.... I think kessel is good but im certainly not trading a solid #2 center who scores 50 points a year and is 7 years younger for him...hub is very underrated if youre only going to focus on points its not worth my time. hub is a solid all around player and hes coming off a career year at 92 points. coming off career high numbers doesnt normal lessen you value....so at them moment his value is as high as its ever going to be unless his does better next year....

maatta isnt good. his speed isnt the major issue its his ability to make the right decision with the pick. hes a slow thinker......he doesnt have a great hockey IQ and his cap hit of 4million is really high for a guy who's at best a #4 dman. offensive dman? he has 14 points both of the last 2 seasons? I mean hes not worth a second not even close id say a 3rd at the very most
Jun. 5, 2019 at 6:04 p.m.
then who's to say that last season isnt the beginning of Malkin slumping? my point is most team don't like getting 7 years older for moves that are close to lateral....

Malkins “slump” year is still better than any other year huberdeau has had by far lol
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Jun. 5, 2019 at 6:06 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Malkins “slump” year is still better than any other year huberdeau has had by far lol

true that why im confused why hes in the media so much and people are constantly trading him... but doesnt change the fact that a 26 year old hub is more valuable than a 32 year old malkin
Jun. 5, 2019 at 6:08 p.m.
Banned
kessel is terrible 5v5 and hasnt gotten better with age....even since the previous year his points are down what 10%? thats hardly better.... I think kessel is good but im certainly not trading a solid #2 center who scores 50 points a year and is 7 years younger for him...hub is very underrated if youre only going to focus on points its not worth my time. hub is a solid all around player and hes coming off a career year at 92 points. coming off career high numbers doesnt normal lessen you value....so at them moment his value is as high as its ever going to be unless his does better next year....

maatta isnt good. his speed isnt the major issue its his ability to make the right decision with the pick. hes a slow thinker......he doesnt have a great hockey IQ and his cap hit of 4million is really high for a guy who's at best a #4 dman. offensive dman? he has 14 points both of the last 2 seasons? I mean hes not worth a second not even close id say a 3rd at the very most

Florida's top 6 if they make this trade

Dadonov Barkov Hoffman
Panarin Malkin Kessel

All without giving up any of their major prospects prospects (Tippett, Borgstrom, Heponiemi). If you're still willing to argue after seeing that I don't know what to tell you, that is a stanley cup winning team for the next 3 years
mhockey91, Pensfan89 and gregb569 liked this.
Jun. 5, 2019 at 6:08 p.m.
true that why im confused why hes in the media so much and people are constantly trading him... but doesnt change the fact that a 26 year old hub is more valuable than a 32 year old malkin

The media always stirs Malkin Trade rumours. It happens every offseason that Pens struggle. He won’t be moved. I also disagree with Huberdeau> Malkin. Sure he’s a lot younger, but Malkins sample size and body of work is just so impressive. Anyways, Malkin won’t be traded so it’s pointless to talk about. It’s just beat writers trying to produce click bait for their websites
Pensfan89 liked this.
Jun. 5, 2019 at 11:05 p.m.
The media always stirs Malkin Trade rumours. It happens every offseason that Pens struggle. He won’t be moved. I also disagree with Huberdeau> Malkin. Sure he’s a lot younger, but Malkins sample size and body of work is just so impressive. Anyways, Malkin won’t be traded so it’s pointless to talk about. It’s just beat writers trying to produce click bait for their websites

Hell even the Stanley cup years there were rumors. Every year there is with Kessel and malkin regardless of what they or the team does lol
mhockey91 liked this.
Jun. 5, 2019 at 11:10 p.m.

His points are down 10%? He scored 82 this past season and 92 the year before. Those are his two best seasons point wise so how in the world could they be down even 1%, let alone 10?

And Maatta doesn’t know what to do with the puck? Where do you see that at? I mean I get it, he has a lot of turnovers, but so does Drew Doughty yet I’m sure you wouldn’t say that he isn’t worth a 2nd round pick lol. And Maatta does have a high hockey IQ. He has managed to put himself in better position defensively to make up for his lack of speed. And a lot of the pens turnovers are on account of the forwards more than the defense.
Jun. 6, 2019 at 2:00 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Edited Jun. 6, 2019 at 2:05 a.m.
His points are down 10%? He scored 82 this past season and 92 the year before. Those are his two best seasons point wise so how in the world could they be down even 1%, let alone 10?

And Maatta doesn’t know what to do with the puck? Where do you see that at? I mean I get it, he has a lot of turnovers, but so does Drew Doughty yet I’m sure you wouldn’t say that he isn’t worth a 2nd round pick lol. And Maatta does have a high hockey IQ. He has managed to put himself in better position defensively to make up for his lack of speed. And a lot of the pens turnovers are on account of the forwards more than the defense.

That’s basic math but. If he scored 82 this year and had 92 the previous what % did his production drop?

And i stopped after you said DD HAHA. Come on man
Jun. 6, 2019 at 2:13 a.m.
That’s basic math but. If he scored 82 this year and had 92 the previous what % did his production drop?

And i stopped after you said DD HAHA. Come on man

Ahh so you’re grasping at straws then. Ok.

Welp you said he doesn’t know what to do with the puck. I’d assume you were talking about turnovers. You’re being vague cause you have no clue. That’s not my fault ?‍♂️
Jun. 6, 2019 at 2:35 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Ahh so you’re grasping at straws then. Ok.

Welp you said he doesn’t know what to do with the puck. I’d assume you were talking about turnovers. You’re being vague cause you have no clue. That’s not my fault ?‍♂️

No clue? Okay haha

He’s slow , makes terrible turn overs , had little offensive upside to make up for said turn overs, he’s not physical. I could go on but why?
Jun. 6, 2019 at 2:55 a.m.
Edited Jun. 6, 2019 at 3:02 a.m.
No clue? Okay haha

He’s slow , makes terrible turn overs , had little offensive upside to make up for said turn overs, he’s not physical. I could go on but why?

Being slow doesn’t make you a bad player. Terrible turnovers? Ok like I said, Drew Doughty must be the worst defenseman to ever live cause he has never had more than 50 turnovers in an 82 game season and Doughty has never had less than 65 in an 82 game season (over 100 this past year). Little offensive upside? Well he played as a defensive defenseman, since I guess you don’t know hockey his primary job isn’t to score goals. I love the whole “ThE dEfEnSeMaN dOeSn’T sCoRe GoAlS sO hE mUsT sUcK” argument. Lack of physicality doesn’t mean a player sucks. Again no clue ?‍♂️

Btw, Maatta had 97 hits in 60 games this past year, 131 in 82 games the year before. I don’t get the whole “he isn’t physical” argument. Clearly don’t watch much ?‍♂️
Jun. 7, 2019 at 7:26 a.m.
gregb569
Huberdeau is one of the most underrated players in the nhl....hes 26 coming off a career year his price is going to be at its absolute highest. malkin is 31 coming off an average year. now tell me which player sounds more appealing? jarry played 2 games last year and had a 3.5GAA .887sv%....so I mean whatever jarry you wanna go with im saying his value is what a 3rd or 4th round pick not a solid top 6 potential prospect

Malkin > Hubs not even close
Kessel > Trocheck
Jarry <= Vatrano

Saying Jarry (potential future starter) isn't worth a dime a dozen "TOP 6" forward is funny hahah, judging a guy off 2 games tears of joy
Saying Maatta at 4m is bad... a top 4D worth less than 5% of the cap hit tears of joy
Jun. 7, 2019 at 3:23 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: gregb569
Malkin > Hubs not even close
Kessel > Trocheck
Jarry <= Vatrano

Saying Jarry (potential future starter) isn't worth a dime a dozen "TOP 6" forward is funny hahah, judging a guy off 2 games tears of joy
Saying Maatta at 4m is bad... a top 4D worth less than 5% of the cap hit tears of joy

a dime a dozen "top 6 forward" who in this example is playing top 6...vs a dime a dozen backup goalies.....yeah ill take the roster player vs potential starting goalie who isnt even a back up for the penguins......yikes. yeah starting goalie stuff right there. oh yeah jarry is 24 years old. its not like hes this 20-22 year old goalie prospect. hes 24 and can't get a back up job in the nhl. come on man thats just stupid. Vatrano is 25 and score 39 points. Sooo average maybe starting goalie or guy who just scored 39 points.... your crazy.. jarry isnt good enough to get a 40 point forward....maybe in la la land where youre from but not in reality.

okay reality check time. maatta isnt a top 4 dman. there is 31 nhl teams and not one of them would use him on the top pairing. so therefor he can't be a top 4 dman......at best hes bottom 4. in the playoffs he was scratched for jack Johnson who is terrible. maatta might be good if he gets a fresh start but reality of it hes not very good. in a fast league he struggles
Jun. 10, 2019 at 6:22 a.m.
gregb569
a dime a dozen "top 6 forward" who in this example is playing top 6...vs a dime a dozen backup goalies.....yeah ill take the roster player vs potential starting goalie who isnt even a back up for the penguins......yikes. yeah starting goalie stuff right there. oh yeah jarry is 24 years old. its not like hes this 20-22 year old goalie prospect. hes 24 and can't get a back up job in the nhl. come on man thats just stupid. Vatrano is 25 and score 39 points. Sooo average maybe starting goalie or guy who just scored 39 points.... your crazy.. jarry isnt good enough to get a 40 point forward....maybe in la la land where youre from but not in reality.

okay reality check time. maatta isnt a top 4 dman. there is 31 nhl teams and not one of them would use him on the top pairing. so therefor he can't be a top 4 dman......at best hes bottom 4. in the playoffs he was scratched for jack Johnson who is terrible. maatta might be good if he gets a fresh start but reality of it hes not very good. in a fast league he struggles

LOOOL this man is legit re tarded tears of joy
"No one would play Maatta on the top pairing so hes not top 4" :tearofjoy tears of joy ur legit brain dead
You act like 40 point forwards arent a dime a dozen lol... and vatrano isn't one actually, but if you're counting 39 points as 40 then theres actually 149 40+ point forwards in the nhl.. and an astounding 178 forwards who over an 82 game season per their PPG would total 39 points wink

So your arguement like yourself is incorrect. with 149 forwards that'd be 4.8 forwards per team averaging 40+ points... so lets say 4... with an 82 game season, no injuries, that jumps up tp 5.7 or lets say 5.. so yes. Vatrano having a career year AND having the lowest PPG of all "40" point forwards makes him a dime a dozen. GG m8!
Jun. 10, 2019 at 9:25 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Edited Jun. 10, 2019 at 9:32 a.m.
Quoting: gregb569
LOOOL this man is legit re tarded tears of joy
"No one would play Maatta on the top pairing so hes not top 4" :tearofjoy tears of joy ur legit brain dead
You act like 40 point forwards arent a dime a dozen lol... and vatrano isn't one actually, but if you're counting 39 points as 40 then theres actually 149 40+ point forwards in the nhl.. and an astounding 178 forwards who over an 82 game season per their PPG would total 39 points wink

So your arguement like yourself is incorrect. with 149 forwards that'd be 4.8 forwards per team averaging 40+ points... so lets say 4... with an 82 game season, no injuries, that jumps up tp 5.7 or lets say 5.. so yes. Vatrano having a career year AND having the lowest PPG of all "40" point forwards makes him a dime a dozen. GG m8!

Haha sooo Maata isn’t a top 4 dman right? Dont be mad Bc you are wrong. And 5 forwards per team score 40 points? That makes him a top 6 forwards 12 forwards on a team he’s 1 of 5 that can score 40 points? Just admit you are dumb af. And please name 2 teams that Maata could play top minutes on since he’s a top 4. Top 4 means he can play top and 2nd pairing not just 2nd pairing. MaAtTa Is A tOp PaIrInG DmAn BuT aT bEsT hES a 2Nd PaIrInG gUy. Gtfoh with your middle school maatta posters hanging in your rooms child logic gg (())

Jarry played 2 nhl games at the age of 24 how many potential nhl starters last year are 24 and played 2 games haha

40 point forward > 2gp nhl goalie who couldn’t even get a back job in a team who had average goaltending last year. Hahahaha deeeeeeerrr but Florida needs a 24!!yearold back up bc they don’t already have 2?goalies. No they need an nhl quality guy.

Ps penguins had 4 forwards with more than 40 points. Hahaha dime a dozen. Man you have no clue what that means huh? Google it.
Jun. 10, 2019 at 10:26 a.m.
gregb569
Edited Jun. 10, 2019 at 10:31 a.m.
Haha sooo Maata isn’t a top 4 dman right? Dont be mad Bc you are wrong. And 5 forwards per team score 40 points? That makes him a top 6 forwards 12 forwards on a team he’s 1 of 5 that can score 40 points? Just admit you are dumb af. And please name 2 teams that Maata could play top minutes on since he’s a top 4. Top 4 means he can play top and 2nd pairing not just 2nd pairing. MaAtTa Is A tOp PaIrInG DmAn BuT aT bEsT hES a 2Nd PaIrInG gUy. Gtfoh with your middle school maatta posters hanging in your rooms child logic gg (())

Jarry played 2 nhl games at the age of 24 how many potential nhl starters last year are 24 and played 2 games haha

40 point forward > 2gp nhl goalie who couldn’t even get a back job in a team who had average goaltending last year. Hahahaha deeeeeeerrr but Florida needs a 24!!yearold back up bc they don’t already have 2?goalies. No they need an nhl quality guy.

Ps penguins had 4 forwards with more than 40 points. Hahaha dime a dozen. Man you have no clue what that means huh? Google it.

you're literally re tarded? top 2 is top pairing D man you idiot.. top 4 is middle pair.. good try tho.. bottom 4 would be Dline 2 and 3.. try to retain that information! Middle school photos of maatta hahah youre the one with 1 suspension away from losing half a season "top line winger" Tom wilson
This year Martin jones .896 sv% and 2.94GAA
Jarrys career of 29gp .906 and 2.84

save me the "he had a bad year" cause Jarry had 2 bad games then too idiot... he has potential
Goalies take longer to develop than players... see Binnington whos 25 and just became a starter this year
Freddy anderson - came into league at 24, played 28 games
Quick.. 23 played 44 games
Lundvist 23 played 53 games
Dubnyk 23 played 19 games
Martin Jones 24 19 games
Rinne 26!! 52 games

And youre gonna say "OMG they had better numbers"
goalie stats fluctuate A LOT, if you didnt know.. Jarry could turn out to be a great starter or he could be destined for the AHL... Look at jesse puljujarvi, **** happens and some guys dont pan out..

2019 AHL:
Jarry - 2.66GAA .915
Samsonov - 2.70GAA .898

so ur saying the goalie with the better numbers (Jarry) couldnt fetch Vatrano but the goalie with the worse numbers (Samsonov) should be the starter over Holtby.....?
MAJOR OOOOF tears of joy

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll