C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$3,175,000$3,175,000
RW
UFA - 3
$767,500$767,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$4,166,666$4,166,666
RD
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$3,875,000$3,875,000
RD
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 27, 2019 at 12:18 p.m.
Oilers decline, not interested in your junk that every leafs fan wants to get rid of! But all 4 at once is something new.
Lenny7 liked this.
Jun. 27, 2019 at 12:20 p.m.
Lenny7
Quoting: Copenhagen
Oilers decline, not interested in your junk that every leafs fan wants to get rid of! But all 4 at once is something new.

Looks like a Lehkonen+Alzner+random no name prospect+random no name 4th liner.
Copenhagen liked this.
Jun. 27, 2019 at 12:22 p.m.
Marner will get more, even if it means Leafs having to match an offer sheet
Jun. 27, 2019 at 12:25 p.m.
You won’t get Larsson for that package. Quantity is not what the Oilers need
Jun. 27, 2019 at 12:28 p.m.
Banned
I find it so strange how Oilers fans love Larsson so much, you'd think he'd be hated since the Hall for Larsson trade will go down as one of the worst ever.

Larsson is not that good, he never was that good and never will be that good. He's a second pair defenceman, not a future norris candidate.
Loops liked this.
Jun. 27, 2019 at 12:32 p.m.
Unrealistic Leaf Fan

There's something going on between the ears of Zaitsev. If you watched him in his first 40 games in the NHL he was a completely different player. Babcock backed him into a corner and handcuffed him by demanding he play a defensive game, shut down style. All of a sudden he became an off the glass and out guy. Watch him play for Russia internationally and you see a completely different player. He makes tape to tape passes, he skates out of trouble, spends more time in the offensive zone etc. You get Zaitsev away from Babcock and you'll see that him and Larsson aren't very far off. Add in Brown who becomes Edmontons second best winger and you can almost stop there.

We're a few days away from people being surprised at the return Zaitsev gets....
Jun. 27, 2019 at 12:39 p.m.
Quoting: LoganOllivier
I find it so strange how Oilers fans love Larsson so much, you'd think he'd be hated since the Hall for Larsson trade will go down as one of the worst ever.

Larsson is not that good, he never was that good and never will be that good. He's a second pair defenceman, not a future norris candidate.

Larsson is the best right hand D we have right now, people like the way he plays even if he was traded for Hall... That isn't his fault, that is one of our many many stupid GM's.
Jun. 27, 2019 at 12:42 p.m.
Oil Country Rising

Nobody ever said he's Norris caliber.
He does provide 22 solid minutes every night at a very reasonable cap hit.
He's physical and plays with a calm demeanor.

Him being "hated" is such an immature thing. Not his fault he was the return for Hall.
If anything, the fanbase hated Chiarelli for it. That's where the hate ends.

Was the trade horrible? yes.
Does that mean Larsson is a garbage defenseman? absolutely not.
Jun. 27, 2019 at 12:42 p.m.
Quoting: LoyaLeaf
There's something going on between the ears of Zaitsev. If you watched him in his first 40 games in the NHL he was a completely different player. Babcock backed him into a corner and handcuffed him by demanding he play a defensive game, shut down style. All of a sudden he became an off the glass and out guy. Watch him play for Russia internationally and you see a completely different player. He makes tape to tape passes, he skates out of trouble, spends more time in the offensive zone etc. You get Zaitsev away from Babcock and you'll see that him and Larsson aren't very far off. Add in Brown who becomes Edmontons second best winger and you can almost stop there.

We're a few days away from people being surprised at the return Zaitsev gets....

Benning has better stats than Zaitsev and Leafs fans are not asking to trade Benning for Zaitsev. Oilers had Belov and he is a superstar in the KHL, he sucked in the NHL. It is not for everyone. Players need to figure it out or go back to KHL. I still wouldnt trade Benning for Zaitsev!
Jun. 27, 2019 at 12:49 p.m.
Unrealistic Leaf Fan
Benning has better stats than Zaitsev and Leafs fans are not asking to trade Benning for Zaitsev. Oilers had Belov and he is a superstar in the KHL, he sucked in the NHL. It is not for everyone. Players need to figure it out or go back to KHL. I still wouldnt trade Benning for Zaitsev!

To each their own I guess. Only time will tell.
Copenhagen liked this.
Jun. 27, 2019 at 12:52 p.m.
Banned
Larsson is the best right hand D we have right now, people like the way he plays even if he was traded for Hall... That isn't his fault, that is one of our many many stupid GM's.

I get he's your best Right Handed Defenceman, but that doesn't mean anything really. He's a 2nd pair guy, he isn't going to get much back in return. I doubt Edmonton trades him unless they are getting another defenceman in return. I know Oiler fans would lose there mind but a trade with TO would be Zaitsev + for Larsson. And that plus won't be something great. At best, it would be Brown or Bracco and maybe a later round pick.
Jun. 27, 2019 at 12:55 p.m.
I get he's your best Right Handed Defenceman, but that doesn't mean anything really. He's a 2nd pair guy, he isn't going to get much back in return. I doubt Edmonton trades him unless they are getting another defenceman in return. I know Oiler fans would lose there mind but a trade with TO would be Zaitsev + for Larsson. And that plus won't be something great. At best, it would be Brown or Bracco and maybe a later round pick.

Yup, we would lose our minds if Zaitsev for Larsson hapened, even if it was a trade like Larsson for Zaitsev and Kapanen and I love Kapanen. but Zaitsev as a first pair D would be a disaster!
Jun. 27, 2019 at 12:55 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Miguelicious
Nobody ever said he's Norris caliber.
He does provide 22 solid minutes every night at a very reasonable cap hit.
He's physical and plays with a calm demeanor.

Him being "hated" is such an immature thing. Not his fault he was the return for Hall.
If anything, the fanbase hated Chiarelli for it. That's where the hate ends.

Was the trade horrible? yes.
Does that mean Larsson is a garbage defenseman? absolutely not.

Well that last statement is just another example of the extremism on this site, either he's great or he's trash, there is no more middle ground. I never said he was terrible, I'd love him as a 2nd pair guy in TO, but his value is not high. He's essentially a little better than Zaitsev but without the potential to do anything on the PP. (Zaitsev did well there in his rookie year)

If Edmonton wanted to move Larsson to TO, the deal would be Zaitsev + but it wouldn't be a windfall. It would be a small add, a forward who can score and skate. Brown and a 5th with Zaitsev would be a smart hockey move for Edmonton. Not much of a step back on defence and a nice addition up front on a cheap contract.
Jun. 27, 2019 at 12:57 p.m.
Banned
Yup, we would lose our minds if Zaitsev for Larsson hapened, even if it was a trade like Larsson for Zaitsev and Kapanen and I love Kapanen. but Zaitsev as a first pair D would be a disaster!

Larsson as a 1st pair defenceman is a disaster. Thats the point, he isn't a first pair defenceman, never was and never will be. Same for Zaitsev. As for Larsson for Kapanen and Zaitsev, that would be a terrible trade for TO. Sure Kapanen isn't Hall but his value is still way higher than Larsson. Its not that hard to find a physical stay at home defenceman.
Copenhagen liked this.
Jun. 27, 2019 at 1:03 p.m.
Larsson as a 1st pair defenceman is a disaster. Thats the point, he isn't a first pair defenceman, never was and never will be. Same for Zaitsev. As for Larsson for Kapanen and Zaitsev, that would be a terrible trade for TO. Sure Kapanen isn't Hall but his value is still way higher than Larsson. Its not that hard to find a physical stay at home defenceman.

Zaitsev is a disaster and so is his contract, just like Lucic, to get rid of those contracts, we have to pay the price. I totally understand where we are with Larsson, hopefully he can fill in as first D until Bouchard (touch wood is good enough) is ready and able, but I am not convinced yet of that. I never mad the Hall for Larsson trade and Chai should bave been cockblocked from making that trade, but it is what it is. Oilers should not of been playing Larsson with Jones (rookie) last year in a first line role as well, many many stupid oiler mistakes.
Jun. 27, 2019 at 1:15 p.m.
Oil Country Rising
Well that last statement is just another example of the extremism on this site, either he's great or he's trash, there is no more middle ground. I never said he was terrible, I'd love him as a 2nd pair guy in TO, but his value is not high. He's essentially a little better than Zaitsev but without the potential to do anything on the PP. (Zaitsev did well there in his rookie year)

If Edmonton wanted to move Larsson to TO, the deal would be Zaitsev + but it wouldn't be a windfall. It would be a small add, a forward who can score and skate. Brown and a 5th with Zaitsev would be a smart hockey move for Edmonton. Not much of a step back on defence and a nice addition up front on a cheap contract.

My entire point was him being simply above average, and nothing more.
The garbage label was more in connection to him being involved in a horrid trade, not insinuating you believe he's garbage.
In other words, "Being part of a bad deal does not make you a bad player".

Larsson is going to stay an Oiler if the main piece coming back was Zaitsev.

We know what he is.
We are fine with what he is.
We are NOT fine with trading for another 'maybe' that may or may not pan out.

Definitely not something that would be well received by the fanbase.
Stability and continuity, as Holland says.
Jun. 27, 2019 at 1:33 p.m.
Banned
Zaitsev is a disaster and so is his contract, just like Lucic, to get rid of those contracts, we have to pay the price. I totally understand where we are with Larsson, hopefully he can fill in as first D until Bouchard (touch wood is good enough) is ready and able, but I am not convinced yet of that. I never mad the Hall for Larsson trade and Chai should bave been cockblocked from making that trade, but it is what it is. Oilers should not of been playing Larsson with Jones (rookie) last year in a first line role as well, many many stupid oiler mistakes.

Zaitsev is a 20+ minute defenceman who is responsible in his own end. He's a very similar player to Larsson. Comparing him to Lucic is a joke. One player makes 1.5 million more and isn't even worth having on an NHL roster and the other is a serviceable 2nd pair defenceman who makes a bit too much than he should. Mind you, if Zaitsev gets PP time this year with Gardiner out of the picture, his point totals could increase and then his contract won't look so bad.

This sentiment that Zaitsev is so bad, is just silly and its not at all accurate. Its just the mob mentality has decided he's bad and its going to take a very long good stretch before people come around. The one thing that can be counted on though, is that GM's generally are smarter than the mob of fans and media talking heads.
Jun. 27, 2019 at 2:13 p.m.
Zaitsev is a 20+ minute defenceman who is responsible in his own end. He's a very similar player to Larsson. Comparing him to Lucic is a joke. One player makes 1.5 million more and isn't even worth having on an NHL roster and the other is a serviceable 2nd pair defenceman who makes a bit too much than he should. Mind you, if Zaitsev gets PP time this year with Gardiner out of the picture, his point totals could increase and then his contract won't look so bad.

This sentiment that Zaitsev is so bad, is just silly and its not at all accurate. Its just the mob mentality has decided he's bad and its going to take a very long good stretch before people come around. The one thing that can be counted on though, is that GM's generally are smarter than the mob of fans and media talking heads.

If you read what i wrote, I said both lucic and him have bad contracts and you have to give something away to get rid of bad contracts.......... I actually compared him to Matt Benning, but said I would rather have Benning! You should really just keep Zaitsev since all Toronto fans are so high on him when it comes to all of them wanting to trade him..... Its pretty funny actually

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll