3. 2020 3rd round pick (DAL)
NYR
  1. Kaut, Martin
  2. 2020 1st round pick (COL)
  3. 2020 4th round pick (COL)
NYR
  1. 2020 3rd round pick (DET)
DET
  1. Namestnikov, Vladislav ($2,000,000 retained)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the COL
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the DET
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$73,182,300$0$5,815,000$8,317,700
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Rangers
$11,642,857$11,642,857
LW
NMC
UFA - 7
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
RW
RFA - 3
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
C, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$894,167$894,167
RW
RFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 3
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$820,000$820,000 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW
RFA - 2
$3,100,000$3,100,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
RW
UFA
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
RFA - 2
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LD
UFA - 5
$7,800,000$7,800,000
RD
UFA - 7
$8,500,000$8,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 2
$833,333$833,333
LD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 3
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$5,700,000$5,700,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 16, 2019 at 10:28 p.m.
Quoting: mailbackwardz
I’m not arguing Timmins is the love child of the Avs FO. I’m arguing ADA is objectively a better player at this time. That’s really all I’m saying...

that's not the conversation, You took offensive that he would be considered 3rd pairing on the Avs depth chart (which I explained why) and would have to dethrone timmins to being 3rd on the depth chart bc now without them being in camp he would be considered 4th for Right Handed Dman (which I explained again why he would be)

This has nothing to do with ability, you then tried to make a claim of how I didnt even look up the player or just looked at his stat line to make my claim. Which I did not, I am stating what is the current state of the Avs roster and pipeline
#Buch2020
Quoting: coga16
I am being a dick bc you tried to give a lazy blanket statement and still trying to defend offering no other insight to it other than I just looked at his points and have no other idea beyond that.

Well take your bull**** somewhere else, because no matter what context or this or that you bring up, I look at Kauts numbers and I’m not jumping out of my seat. I don’t get why that’s so offensive...
Quoting: TJTwolf
We also don't have the room for Deangelo. It's a terrible trade.

What do you mean by room? Cap room? We have plenty of space. Room on defense? Sure, we have plenty of LHD but our right side is just Makar and EJ (assuming EJ is even ready to start the year). Timmins will likely start in the AHL since he missed so much time. If EJ misses some time at the beginning of the year we only have Makar on the right side. Deangelo would be great to take the pressure off of makar at first and would also take the load off of EJ as he declines in the coming years
Shakabakes liked this.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 10:29 p.m.
#Buch2020
Quoting: moli92
What do you mean by room? Cap room? We have plenty of space. Room on defense? Sure, we have plenty of LHD but our right side is just Makar and EJ (assuming EJ is even ready to start the year). Timmins will likely start in the AHL since he missed so much time. If EJ misses some time at the beginning of the year we only have Makar on the right side. Deangelo would be great to take the pressure off of makar at first and would also take the load off of EJ as he declines in the coming years

Thank you for making some sense lol...
UpsideDownQue liked this.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 10:30 p.m.
Bednar loves Timmins, there is a strong chance that he could even make the teams roster out of camp despite the glut of NHL depth Dman already on the roster. The hype train with the organization is out of control for him still despite missing last season.

He hasn't played regularly in over a year... I wouldn't be so sure they would throw him on the NHL roster right away
Shakabakes liked this.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 10:30 p.m.
Quoting: Sagecoll
wow that's an ungodly terrible Kreider deal.

The Buch deal kinda works without the protection though.

Sagecoll, u need to get off the internet and outside more often. i come on this site twice a week and every message board you comment on it. you must not work. all your comments are negative and never informative. you need help, get a life.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 10:31 p.m.
Well take your bull**** somewhere else, because no matter what context or this or that you bring up, I look at Kauts numbers and I’m not jumping out of my seat. I don’t get why that’s so offensive...

You said he was over hyped based on box score scouting which is considered one of the most flawed and to be honest lazy ways to judge a player. I called you out on it, which you argeed to, but pointing out a variety of facts, 2 of the main being how he is already is NHL sound defensively which is the strongest part of his game and why the Avs drafted him in the first place, and the 2nd being how he had his heart procedure last offseason, effecting his ability to train and work on his cardio which say him fall off deeper into the season and was put into a defensive 3rd line shut down role bc of it.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 10:33 p.m.
He hasn't played regularly in over a year... I wouldn't be so sure they would throw him on the NHL roster right away

Im not saying they should but the love affair is there, thats what the BSN guys said on one of their latest podcasts. After the dev camp 3 on 3 and being able to play under the bright lights in a somewhat game simulation, doing what he was able to do, that the management love train for him was fulling rolling.

If comes down to Byram. I dont think they play both Timmins, Makar, and Byram as 3 rookies on opening night, but it wouldn't be shocking for Byram to get his 9 games, then Timmins being called up right after that.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 10:36 p.m.
Im not saying they should but the love affair is there, thats what the BSN guys said on one of their latest podcasts. After the dev camp 3 on 3 and being able to play under the bright lights in a somewhat game simulation, doing what he was able to do, that the management love train for him was fulling rolling.

If comes down to Byram. I dont think they play both Timmins, Makar, and Byram as 3 rookies on opening night, but it wouldn't be shocking for Byram to get his 9 games, then Timmins being called up right after that.

EIther way Timmins would be waaaay below DeAngelo on the depth chart. A highly-touted OHLer who hasnt played in over a year due to a concussion vs a NHL D man with 132 games of experience with 52 points. No way Timmins is ahead of DeAngelo, doesnt matter how much management likes him.
Shakabakes liked this.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 10:39 p.m.
EIther way Timmins would be waaaay below DeAngelo on the depth chart. A highly-touted OHLer who hasnt played in over a year due to a concussion vs a NHL D man with 132 games of experience with 52 points. No way Timmins is ahead of DeAngelo, doesnt matter how much management likes him.

On paper at this moment? I dont see it based on all the hype stories that still surround him.
Timmins would still be ahead of him (just or not). He would have to come to camp and make Bednar not be tempted with Timmins in the line up, and thats still a tough task.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 10:41 p.m.

EJ,Timmins, Makar, Meloche is also probably ready for the big time, a guy who nobody mentions and is a better choice at 3rd line D, because that's generally your shut down pairing. He may not be the better player but is better suited to the role. Alt, who I admit is way below Deangelo but even so there is no fit there unless he's going to be a 6th, 7th, 8th D, which Alt is again a better fit. He's also another diminutive D. Stack the D with them and get hammered around the rink. I realise hockey is changing but you can't stock your team with guys who will consistently get knocked off the puck, teams will recognise it and play physical against you and wear you down, and to be fair whilst Girard, as an example, skates himself out of trouble a lot of the time, he (logically because of his size) doesn't win many physical battles. I agree with you about Timmins starting in the AHL but this is a terrible trade as when Timmins comes back there is no room for Deangelo unless one or the other is going to be a healthy scratch regularly. Sure EJ is going to be gone in a few years but how do you work it out now? Kreider as a UFA next year, for me is a no-no, and that's way too much of the future to give up.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 10:43 p.m.
On paper at this moment? I dont see it based on all the hype stories that still surround him.
Timmins would still be ahead of him (just or not). He would have to come to camp and make Bednar not be tempted with Timmins in the line up, and thats still a tough task.

I dont understand how this is even a discussion. A 0.5P/GP NHL D man on a below average team is better than a 20 year old prospect who missed a year from a concussion 100 times out of 100. I guess we just have to agree to disagree on this one
Shakabakes liked this.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 10:45 p.m.
I dont understand how this is even a discussion. A 0.5P/GP NHL D man on a below average team is better than a 20 year old prospect who missed a year from a concussion 100 times out of 100. I guess we just have to agree to disagree on this one

I said just or not...TImmins still has all that shine on him, at camp they would be battling for that same spot. Timmins spent all last year practicing with the Avs and Bednar. You know how he is as a coach, he loves his dudes. Bourque, Nemeth etc just rolling them out there. Bednar loves Timmins, so like I said he would have to come into camp and make Bednar forget about Timmins
Jul. 16, 2019 at 11:00 p.m.
Thank you for making some sense lol...

Think we'd have to agree to disagree on that post making sense.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 11:01 p.m.

Simply because he doesn't fit! But yes, it's an 'agree to disagree' post. wink
UpsideDownQue liked this.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 11:12 p.m.
I broke down your comment into 4 points to address everything, but I didnt change any text or anything:

(1) EJ,Timmins, Makar, Meloche is also probably ready for the big time, a guy who nobody mentions and is a better choice at 3rd line D, because that's generally your shut down pairing. He may not be the better player but is better suited to the role. Alt, who I admit is way below Deangelo but even so there is no fit there unless he's going to be a 6th, 7th, 8th D, which Alt is again a better fit.

(2) He's also another diminutive D. Stack the D with them and get hammered around the rink. I realise hockey is changing but you can't stock your team with guys who will consistently get knocked off the puck, teams will recognise it and play physical against you and wear you down, and to be fair whilst Girard, as an example, skates himself out of trouble a lot of the time, he (logically because of his size) doesn't win many physical battles.

(3) I agree with you about Timmins starting in the AHL but this is a terrible trade as when Timmins comes back there is no room for Deangelo unless one or the other is going to be a healthy scratch regularly. Sure EJ is going to be gone in a few years but how do you work it out now?

(4) Kreider as a UFA next year, for me is a no-no, and that's way too much of the future to give up.

(1) In terms of RHD, I think its foolish to assume that all of the Avs RHD prospects will become full time NHLers and turn down an upgrade just because it would require COL to keep Timmins in the AHL for a season. You cant assume Timmins & Meloche will become full time NHLers just like you cant assume Kaut will be one. If our RHD prospects become regular NHLers then thats great but we shouldnt bank on that happening. DeAngelo improves the team now and in the future (hes only 23).

(2) With this trade the Avs D for the 19-20 season would be: Girard, Zadorov, Cole, Makar, Johnson, DeAngelo, with one of Barberio/Graves/Connauton/Rosen/Byram/Timmins/etc filling in for Cole at the beginning of the season and for other injury replacements. Of these players, Zadorov, Cole, Johnson, Graves, and Connauton are all physical D men, with 3 of them (Zadorov, Johnson, Cole) being in the lineup reguarly. I admit I havent watched much of DeAngelo but based on his stats he doesnt seem to shy away from hitting, and neither does Makar. I wouldnt be worried about physicality at all with this D core.

(3) IMO Timmins should spend the year in the AHL, so we would roll with Makar, Johnson, and DeAngelo on the right side for this season. After another year of development, one of Timmins or Meloche would hopefully be ready to be a full time NHLer in the 20-21 season, and Ideally Johnson would be traded in the 2020 offseason (before the Seattle expansion draft). This would mean a future RHD core of Makar, DeAngelo, Timmins/Meloche.

(4) Purely from a value standpoint this trade is great. I mentioned in another comment Kreider could be flipped to another team to reacquire a 1st (or lower picks and/or prospects) since we already picked up a bunch of wingers this offseason. DeAngelo is worth more than Kaut and a 4th rounder in terms of value, so if we can recoup a 1st (or equivalent value) for Kreider then this trade is a win.
Shakabakes liked this.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 11:17 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Anaheim isn't trading anybody anywhere unless they get immediate help at RD. So unless you want to talk about Trouba, Fox or DeAngelo, and you don't, they aren't taking your call.

And you should know for future reference that right now, Comtois looks like a better bet than Andersson.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 11:20 p.m.
I said just or not...TImmins still has all that shine on him, at camp they would be battling for that same spot. Timmins spent all last year practicing with the Avs and Bednar. You know how he is as a coach, he loves his dudes. Bourque, Nemeth etc just rolling them out there. Bednar loves Timmins, so like I said he would have to come into camp and make Bednar forget about Timmins

Just because Timmins is one of "his dudes" doesnt mean Bednar would favour him over an established NHL D man. Its not like Bednar would give Jost the 2C spot over Kadri just because Jost is one of "his dudes". Kadri is the established player and would take that spot over the young unestablished player (Jost) every single time. Same with DeAngelo and Timmins, its a no brainer
Shakabakes liked this.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 11:28 p.m.
shocker...and rangers roster trading for Kaut....how many times are you guys going to do the same trade before you realize that Kreider isn't going to get you Kaut from the Avs

Read the whole thing, sir. Kreider and DeAngelo. Avs fans have to stop worshipping your Prospects and realize when a good deal is in front of you.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 11:29 p.m.
Quoting: Sagecoll
wow that's an ungodly terrible Kreider deal.

The Buch deal kinda works without the protection though.

You overvalue every Ranger trade you have ever posted on.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 11:31 p.m.
I broke down your comment into 4 points to address everything, but I didnt change any text or anything

(1) In terms of RHD, I think its foolish to assume that all of the Avs RHD prospects will become full time NHLers and turn down an upgrade just because it would require COL to keep Timmins in the AHL for a season. You cant assume Timmins & Meloche will become full time NHLers just like you cant assume Kaut will be one. If our RHD prospects become regular NHLers then thats great but we shouldnt bank on that happening. DeAngelo improves the team now and in the future (hes only 23).

(2) With this trade the Avs D for the 19-20 season would be: Girard, Zadorov, Cole, Makar, Johnson, DeAngelo, with one of Barberio/Graves/Connauton/Rosen/Byram/Timmins/etc filling in for Cole at the beginning of the season and for other injury replacements. Of these players, Zadorov, Cole, Johnson, Graves, and Connauton are all physical D men, with 3 of them (Zadorov, Johnson, Cole) being in the lineup reguarly. I admit I havent watched much of DeAngelo but based on his stats he doesnt seem to shy away from hitting, and neither does Makar. I wouldnt be worried about physicality at all with this D core.

(3) IMO Timmins should spend the year in the AHL, so we would roll with Makar, Johnson, and DeAngelo on the right side for this season. After another year of development, one of Timmins or Meloche would hopefully be ready to be a full time NHLer in the 20-21 season, and Ideally Johnson would be traded in the 2020 offseason (before the Seattle expansion draft). This would mean a future RHD core of Makar, DeAngelo, Timmins/Meloche.

(4) Purely from a value standpoint this trade is great. I mentioned in another comment Kreider could be flipped to another team to reacquire a 1st (or lower picks and/or prospects) since we already picked up a bunch of wingers this offseason. DeAngelo is worth more than Kaut and a 4th rounder in terms of value, so if we can recoup a 1st (or equivalent value) for Kreider then this trade is a win.

I understand your logic, and your argument is fine. I just said we'll have to agree to disagree, but.....what we've seen of Timmins so far indicates he's going to be a full time NHL'er. I agree he may spend time in the AHL, but once he's back to speed then what do you do with him? He could probably have played NHL two seasons ago. Is he going to be your 8th D or do you move him up and make Deangelo, EJ or Makar the healthy scratch? If your idea is to replace EJ with Deangelo and bearing in mind Cole's age and I doubt the Avs re-sign Connauton, you're looking at a right hand side of 5'11 180, 5'11 187, 6'1 181. Ok some of them might add a bit but those guys aren't going to win too many board battles. With Cole & Connauton gone your left hand side would probably eventually be 5'10 162, 6'5 230, 6'0 195 (although I realise Byram has loads of time to bulk up so if you like we can take Graves instead at 6'5 226. So you have two physical guys (if you want to call Graves physical, he can win the board battles sure but I'm not so much of the belief he's a truly physical D) on the left and that's it. The rest would basically get battered in board battles and no doubt injuries would pile up. As for value, a year of Kreider is not good value in this trade and you're taking a huge gamble if you expect to flip him to get a first back and really the only likely time for the Avs to do that would be the trade deadline, which assumes they're out of contention anyway. As you said...IF we can recoup a first which doesn't make sense. We either use Kreider and take the risk of losing him as a UFA because we're in contention and to not be in contention and flip him elsewhere would be disastrous. We also don't know what Kaut is going to be as yet so to say a former first rounder plus for another first rounder who doesn't really fit is good value, I'd disagree.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 11:33 p.m.
Quoting: Shakabakes
Read the whole thing, sir. Kreider and DeAngelo. Avs fans have to stop worshipping your Prospects and realize when a good deal is in front of you.

It ain't a good deal.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 11:33 p.m.
Avs decline. Joe probably laughs and hangs up the 'phone.

I highly doubt that. This isn't Namestnikov and Smith for Kaut. Even if you don't approve, this is a relatively fair deal for someone who hasn't even gotten a taste of the NHL to date.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 11:36 p.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Anaheim isn't trading anybody anywhere unless they get immediate help at RD. So unless you want to talk about Trouba, Fox or DeAngelo, and you don't, they aren't taking your call.

And you should know for future reference that right now, Comtois looks like a better bet than Andersson.

Andersson had nothing to do with the proposed trade package for Comtois, so I don't even understand the point of saying that.
Jul. 16, 2019 at 11:49 p.m.
Edited Jul. 17, 2019 at 12:06 a.m.
Quoting: Shakabakes
I highly doubt that. This isn't Namestnikov and Smith for Kaut. Even if you don't approve, this is a relatively fair deal for someone who hasn't even gotten a taste of the NHL to date.

The reason he laughs is because it simply isn't a good fit. It's fine for the Rangers, not good for the Avs. All these Kreider to the Avs trades aren't a good fit because firstly he's basically a rental, and secondly the Avs already have wingers signed who they'll want to give a shot to. Deangelo I've already written above why he isn't a good fit, although I don't disagree that for the right team he'd be a fantastic pick up. I'd disagree on the value as well, it might be (very) close but it ain't no cigar.

Edit: The Avs are rumoured to have declined a trade for Kreider because they didn't want to put their own first round pick in it so it's unlikely this trade would fly with two firsts in it, however good Deangelo is.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll