Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 6, 2019 at 4:13 p.m.
LEAFSandBRUINSfan
Lol no thanks
Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Aug. 6, 2019 at 4:14 p.m.
Williams is retiring or going to Carolina. That's an overpayment for Draisaitl imo
Aug. 6, 2019 at 4:17 p.m.
#LeafsFever
Maybe Kenny Holland tried this one when he and Babcock (who has no authority to make a deal) had a beer together. When you consider how much wing Draisaitl has played over the last couple seasons, I would say Marner's value has kept up to match that of Leon. Even with Draisaitl's goal differential in consideration, I still think him and Marner are pretty even. Maybe you give the edge to Draisaitl because, when he does play center, it is the more "sought after" position. Either way, Draisaitl is definitely not worth Marner plus Kapanen.
Aug. 6, 2019 at 4:18 p.m.
Banned
Draisaitl vs marner toronto won that trade all day long
Aug. 6, 2019 at 4:20 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: MG1986
Maybe Kenny Holland tried this one when he and Babcock (who has no authority to make a deal) had a beer together. When you consider how much wing Draisaitl has played over the last couple seasons, I would say Marner's value has kept up to match that of Leon. Even with Draisaitl's goal differential in consideration, I still think him and Marner are pretty even. Maybe you give the edge to Draisaitl because, when he does play center, it is the more "sought after" position. Either way, Draisaitl is definitely not worth Marner plus Kapanen.

Draisaitl is better than marner marner play for a stacked toronto offense put draisaitl there and he would destroy the opposite net
Price_is_the_goat liked this.
Aug. 6, 2019 at 4:25 p.m.
Quoting: Snipshow4416
Lol no thanks

Definitely made the point of giving up alot to get Drai.
I think you have to look at a few different angles when considering it.
Including the 2mil (or more) in cap space between Marner/Drai along with the extra year(s) of control (depending on what Marner signs for)

Drai had more goals and points and you can slot him at C if needed. With the extra cap space you can chase a UFA winger which are plentiful compared to centers/D.

Boils down to: Drai + 5.2 Mil to spend = Marner + Kap + roster depth

IMO, would 100% do this trade
Pharow liked this.
Aug. 6, 2019 at 4:28 p.m.
LEAFSandBRUINSfan
Quoting: jloose
Including the 2mil (or more) in cap space between Marner/Drai along with the extra year(s) of control (depending on what Marner signs for)

Drai had more goals and points and you can slot him at C if needed. With the extra cap space you can chase a UFA winger which are plentiful compared to centers/D.

My opinion no because we don’t need a C
Aug. 6, 2019 at 4:33 p.m.
Draisatl is better than marner. rmr he can play center as well. he's proven himself in the playoffs as well. he is cheaper too. his 8.5 mill cap hit looks like a steal, compared to what some of these other rfa's are about to get
Pharow liked this.
Aug. 6, 2019 at 4:35 p.m.

RW
Aug. 6, 2019 at 4:36 p.m.
Marner Enthusiast
Quoting: Price_is_the_goat
Draisatl is better than marner. rmr he can play center as well. he's proven himself in the playoffs as well. he is cheaper too. his 8.5 mill cap hit looks like a steal, compared to what some of these other rfa's are about to get

Quoting: Sebybbq
Draisaitl is better than marner marner play for a stacked toronto offense put draisaitl there and he would destroy the opposite net

Quoting: Caniac2000
Williams is retiring or going to Carolina. That's an overpayment for Draisaitl imo

Williams is a Toronto kid, no reason why he wouldn’t consider the Leafs but he is not needed there. I believe Marner is the more skilled player but Draisaitl is more valuable because he’s a physical power forward type player who puts up 50 goals. That is a rarity. However keep in mind Draisaitl played on McDavid’s LW last season, and Connor is a miles better player than the centre Marner had, Tavares.
Aug. 6, 2019 at 4:40 p.m.
LEAFSandBRUINSfan
RW

Rather marner in the top 6 than another shooter
Aug. 6, 2019 at 4:41 p.m.
Quoting: BrandonDubinskyGOAT
Williams is a Toronto kid, no reason why he wouldn’t consider the Leafs but he is not needed there. I believe Marner is the more skilled player but Draisaitl is more valuable because he’s a physical power forward type player who puts up 50 goals. That is a rarity. However keep in mind Draisaitl played on McDavid’s LW last season, and Connor is a miles better player than the centre Marner had, Tavares.

Williams has said it's carolina or retirement. There's that reason he wouldn't go to Toronto, he's lived in the US more than he has in Canada. Williams is Carolina's captain he's going nowhere they have the cap to match any offer.
Aug. 6, 2019 at 5:15 p.m.

We also need a playmaker more than another sniper.
Snipshow4416 and PJosephM13 liked this.
Aug. 6, 2019 at 5:20 p.m.
LEAFSandBRUINSfan
Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
We also need a playmaker more than another sniper.

My thoughts exactly
Aug. 6, 2019 at 7:35 p.m.
Banned

Draisaitl has never produced at higher than a 60 point pace away from McDavid. Marner was at higher than a point again 2 seasons ago with Kadri and Marleau. You are not correct and draisaitl is overrated
Aug. 6, 2019 at 7:43 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: LoganOllivier
Draisaitl has never produced at higher than a 60 point pace away from McDavid. Marner was at higher than a point again 2 seasons ago with Kadri and Marleau. You are not correct and draisaitl is overrated

What kind of bullshat is that! Draisaitl was alterning last year with nugent hopkins on 2nd line center he put up
31 point in 20 game the last quarter of the season playing with chiasson and sam gagner. Marner play the whole year with tavares so you don’t know what you talking about. Marner was under draisaitl total the last 3 years and he was on a maple leafs staked roster so please before sating dump thing like that bring number to the table! The fact that you like marner more than draisaitl doesn’t affect the reality. Marner need tavares way more than draisaitl need mcdavid
Aug. 6, 2019 at 8:42 p.m.
Banned
What kind of bullshat is that! Draisaitl was alterning last year with nugent hopkins on 2nd line center he put up
31 point in 20 game the last quarter of the season playing with chiasson and sam gagner. Marner play the whole year with tavares so you don’t know what you talking about. Marner was under draisaitl total the last 3 years and he was on a maple leafs staked roster so please before sating dump thing like that bring number to the table! The fact that you like marner more than draisaitl doesn’t affect the reality. Marner need tavares way more than draisaitl need mcdavid

Tell yourself whatever you want. Draisaitl is a fantastic winger but hasn't proven he can be an elite player on his own. Marner elevated Kadri and Marleau and helped Tavares to his best season of his career. Calling Draisaitl way better than Marner is a joke. It's fair to say they are equal but that's all.
Aug. 6, 2019 at 8:49 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: LoganOllivier
Tell yourself whatever you want. Draisaitl is a fantastic winger but hasn't proven he can be an elite player on his own. Marner elevated Kadri and Marleau and helped Tavares to his best season of his career. Calling Draisaitl way better than Marner is a joke. It's fair to say they are equal but that's all.

Tavares help
Marner having is best season in career not the same! And marleau add nothing too prove in toronto what kind of world are you living in? Marner is a fantastic playmaker but that it draisaitl play center really well i think you don’t watch a lot of edmonton game because he hasn’t play that much wing last year much of the time he was the centerman even with mcdavid on is line he is way more complete he score goal throw body around! Draisaitl is a better player than marner that its i don’t discredit marner at all i just say that draisaitl have the edge over him not a big one but still he is a head of him! Maybe that will change in the futur
Aug. 7, 2019 at 12:51 a.m.
Banned
Tavares help
Marner having is best season in career not the same! And marleau add nothing too prove in toronto what kind of world are you living in? Marner is a fantastic playmaker but that it draisaitl play center really well i think you don’t watch a lot of edmonton game because he hasn’t play that much wing last year much of the time he was the centerman even with mcdavid on is line he is way more complete he score goal throw body around! Draisaitl is a better player than marner that its i don’t discredit marner at all i just say that draisaitl have the edge over him not a big one but still he is a head of him! Maybe that will change in the futur

If all Draisaitl is, is a elite winger with McDavid, that is totally fine. So far he has shown he can produce at a super elite level with the best player in the game and is a 60 point centre without him. Obviously he doesn't have a lot to work with but Marleau isn't who he used to be and Marner helped him and Kadri form a formidable line the season before last. Marner anchored that line and produced at a higher than a point a game pace. Yes Tavares is the better player, but still Marner helped him to his best season of his career. That can't he discounted, which is why I say you can't say anything other than they are close to equal at this point.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll