Free Agent Signings
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$3,000,000
4$7,000,000
Trades
CAR
  1. 2020 7th round pick (COL)
Additional Details:
Decent backup, Colorado have cap space to burn they could flip him for another pick if they wanted to retained
COL
  1. Reimer, James
  2. 2021 5th round pick (CAR)
CAR
  1. Ceci, Cody
  2. 2020 4th round pick (VGK)
  3. 2020 6th round pick (CAR)
  4. 2021 2nd round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
2nd is conditional, if Faulk resigns it becomes a 2022 1st round pick
CAR
  1. 2020 4th round pick (EDM)
  2. 2021 5th round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. Ceci, Cody ($2,250,000 retained)
CAR
  1. Campbell, Jack
Additional Details:
LA have Campbell, Quick, Petersen. Campbell is 27, and the middle age, no one is gonna touch the quick contract wioth his injury woes. Leaving them Petersen as their heir in the crease, Campbell becomes expendable, if not and you'd prefer to keep campbell over Petersen, insert Petersen into this trade and we'll rework it.
LAK
  1. Forsberg, Anton
  2. 2020 3rd round pick (BUF)
Additional Details:
Something else needs adding?
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CAR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$81,397,333$0$3,207,500$102,667
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$5,250,000$5,250,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$8,454,000$8,454,000
C
UFA - 5
$5,400,000$5,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RW
UFA - 1
$3,375,000$3,375,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RW
RFA - 3
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$2,100,000$2,100,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$746,667$746,667 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LD
UFA - 6
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RD
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LD
UFA - 4
$4,025,000$4,025,000
RD
UFA - 5
$3,125,000$3,125,000
G
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,300,000$2,300,000
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 7, 2019 at 1:16 p.m.
Banned
Faulk isn't worth a 1st...ever.
Webbles and Trickster liked this.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 1:18 p.m.
You overpaid Gardiner. And make the 4th a 3rd
Webbles liked this.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 1:35 p.m.
Quoting: LoganOllivier
Faulk isn't worth a 1st...ever.

That's a big wrong, and that sir is why Toronto have 7 D men that are UFA's at the end of next season. Faulk would EASILY improve your top 4 something dumb. You'd have Rielly - Faulk Muzzin - Barrie Dermott - Schmaltz or something, and you get out from under the Ceci contract
Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 1:36 p.m.
Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
You overpaid Gardiner. And make the 4th a 3rd

In which trade? Their are multiple 4th round picks moving here. Please specify?
Aug. 7, 2019 at 1:37 p.m.
1 year of Faulk is not worth anywhere close to that price.
Trickster liked this.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 1:37 p.m.
Quoting: Caniac2000
In which trade? Their are multiple 4th round picks moving here. Please specify?

My bad. In the L.A. deal.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 1:40 p.m.
That's a big wrong, and that sir is why Toronto have 7 D men that are UFA's at the end of next season. Faulk would EASILY improve your top 4 something dumb. You'd have Rielly - Faulk Muzzin - Barrie Dermott - Schmaltz or something, and you get out from under the Ceci contract

As a leafs fan, it's a fair/good deal for both teams.
Caniac2000 liked this.
Banned

Or you can just not spend needless assets to get Faulk who is a much lesser player than Barrie and instead promote Dermott to play with Rielly and then see who earns the bottom pair minutes. Faulk doesn't move the needle that much. He's a good player but he's redundant in TO. Personally I'd rather see Liljegren be given an opportunity. I think he's a much better player than people think, mainly because he was misrepresented when he was drafted. People seem to see him as a Karlsson type but he's not going to be an offensive force. He'll be a slick skating defensive guy.

Also I always love how fans on here will talk a guy up only to trade him. If you think so highly of him, why don't you keep him?
GenXHockey liked this.
hey look a squirrel
What How When

Did Faulk get this kind of value?!?!
Aug. 7, 2019 at 1:41 p.m.
Quoting: Danes1294
1 year of Faulk is not worth anywhere close to that price.

1year of Faulk is worth Ceci, 2nd, 4th and 6th.
Caniac2000 liked this.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 1:45 p.m.
Don't see Avs or Kings doing that.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 1:50 p.m.
Or you can just not spend needless assets to get Faulk who is a much lesser player than Barrie and instead promote Dermott to play with Rielly and then see who earns the bottom pair minutes. Faulk doesn't move the needle that much. He's a good player but he's redundant in TO. Personally I'd rather see Liljegren be given an opportunity. I think he's a much better player than people think, mainly because he was misrepresented when he was drafted. People seem to see him as a Karlsson type but he's not going to be an offensive force. He'll be a slick skating defensive guy.

Also I always love how fans on here will talk a guy up only to trade him. If you think so highly of him, why don't you keep him?

Pesce Hamilton TvR... Faulk is surplus to requirement. This is just to free up the log jam Carolina have and Toronto need an upgrade. We can debate until the cows can come home about what Toronto need to do, but at the end of the day they have defensive needs, and Carolina have defensive surplus. If Faulk isn't the man for you, I can change the deal, but you have a need and Carolina have the assets to fix it, you also move a contract that makes Lucic look respectable. 400k more for a playerwho's 400x better than Cody Ceci
Aug. 7, 2019 at 1:51 p.m.
Quoting: Trickster
What How When

Did Faulk get this kind of value?!?!

It's a combination of Faulk and taking back Ceci
Aug. 7, 2019 at 1:51 p.m.
Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
My bad. In the L.A. deal.

Okay I shall fix that
Aug. 7, 2019 at 1:53 p.m.
Quoting: ExpiredmilkYT
Don't see Avs or Kings doing that.

Tbh neither can I... I just wanna see the uproar of leafs fans...
Lights liked this.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 1:53 p.m.
Banned
Pesce Hamilton TvR... Faulk is surplus to requirement. This is just to free up the log jam Carolina have and Toronto need an upgrade. We can debate until the cows can come home about what Toronto need to do, but at the end of the day they have defensive needs, and Carolina have defensive surplus. If Faulk isn't the man for you, I can change the deal, but you have a need and Carolina have the assets to fix it, you also move a contract that makes Lucic look respectable. 400k more for a playerwho's 400x better than Cody Ceci

You don't have to convince me that Ceci isn't good. I don't have him in the top 4 long term. If anything, he may get a shot with Rielly to build up his value so he can be flipped for something else. Faulk isn't a target for me at all. I am not a fan of his game. I'd rather see the Leafs get a deal for Tanev in Vancouver, who's more what they need.

Rielly - Tanev
Muzzin - Barrie
Dermott - Liljegren

Would be beyond good enough to contend. It would also cost far less and resigning Tanev would be way cheaper as well. You could probably get him for 2 years at less than he makes now due to all his injuries.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 1:59 p.m.
You don't have to convince me that Ceci isn't good. I don't have him in the top 4 long term. If anything, he may get a shot with Rielly to build up his value so he can be flipped for something else. Faulk isn't a target for me at all. I am not a fan of his game. I'd rather see the Leafs get a deal for Tanev in Vancouver, who's more what they need.

Rielly - Tanev
Muzzin - Barrie
Dermott - Liljegren

Would be beyond good enough to contend. It would also cost far less and resigning Tanev would be way cheaper as well. You could probably get him for 2 years at less than he makes now due to all his injuries.

Or, you can get a top 4 D man in Faulk who very rarely misses games, has become a lot more solid defensively from when he was a scoring 15 powerplay goals a year (yes he actually did that). You may not be a fan of Faulk, but in the end, it's gonna take FAR more to pry Tanev out of Vancouver. Look at what the BAD Tanev makes, then you wanna look at the good one? I think you'll be surprised by the leverage he has over Toronto. The leafs need him more than he needs the leafs rn, he wasn't a home grown talent (as in come through the farm) he has no loyaltys with the organisation. Faulk and Tanev will have comparable contracts, and Faulk plays more often.... I'm not trying to sell him to you, we've crossed this bridge before, but he makes a lot of sense for Toronto, and I have significent doubts that the Canucks would take on Ceci, because they need to find space for Boeser as is. It's a combination of things that will end up showing you, your ideal trade partner is Carolina
Aug. 7, 2019 at 2:13 p.m.
Banned
Or, you can get a top 4 D man in Faulk who very rarely misses games, has become a lot more solid defensively from when he was a scoring 15 powerplay goals a year (yes he actually did that). You may not be a fan of Faulk, but in the end, it's gonna take FAR more to pry Tanev out of Vancouver. Look at what the BAD Tanev makes, then you wanna look at the good one? I think you'll be surprised by the leverage he has over Toronto. The leafs need him more than he needs the leafs rn, he wasn't a home grown talent (as in come through the farm) he has no loyaltys with the organisation. Faulk and Tanev will have comparable contracts, and Faulk plays more often.... I'm not trying to sell him to you, we've crossed this bridge before, but he makes a lot of sense for Toronto, and I have significent doubts that the Canucks would take on Ceci, because they need to find space for Boeser as is. It's a combination of things that will end up showing you, your ideal trade partner is Carolina

Carolina has been an "ideal trading partner" for a long time and its always been Carolina trying to fleece the Leafs. Pesce for Nylander and now Faulk for a first. There was even a time when you guys were trying to send TVR for Kapanen.

Faulk is going to demand way too much next year so this trade is sending mutliple assets for a guy who's going to walk. Full stop, not interested. Ceci isn't very good but perhaps he plays better than he has in the past. He was after all, playing in Ottawa and they have been terrible for a while now. Perhaps a change in scenery will do him good, if not, its one year and not a big deal.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 2:17 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo

Always the same story isn’t it. Personally I would rather just take a flyer on ceci and see how it ends up. To me the trade value is just no good.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 2:18 p.m.
Carolina has been an "ideal trading partner" for a long time and its always been Carolina trying to fleece the Leafs. Pesce for Nylander and now Faulk for a first. There was even a time when you guys were trying to send TVR for Kapanen.

Faulk is going to demand way too much next year so this trade is sending mutliple assets for a guy who's going to walk. Full stop, not interested. Ceci isn't very good but perhaps he plays better than he has in the past. He was after all, playing in Ottawa and they have been terrible for a while now. Perhaps a change in scenery will do him good, if not, its one year and not a big deal.

You're not moving a 1st for him unless he resigns. 1st of all Nylander for Pesce is a bad deal for Carolina, TvR for Kapanen was more to piss off leafs fans. Faulk for picks is fair, because not only do you lose the 4500000 of Ceci, you gain 300k and a player who's MUCH better quality. Faulk may be a piece Toronto need to... loan behold, win a playoff series.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 2:20 p.m.
Quoting: Jamiepo
Always the same story isn’t it. Personally I would rather just take a flyer on ceci and see how it ends up. To me the trade value is just no good.

What's the issue here? You lose the Ceci asset and gain a player who... is actually good! It's not a 1st rounder unless you resign him, and it's a future second rounder. Please explain to me why you don't want to turn CODY CECI into one of the better D men on one of the deepest D cores in the league? There may be a genuine reason, I just don't understand
Aug. 7, 2019 at 2:26 p.m.
Banned
You're not moving a 1st for him unless he resigns. 1st of all Nylander for Pesce is a bad deal for Carolina, TvR for Kapanen was more to piss off leafs fans. Faulk for picks is fair, because not only do you lose the 4500000 of Ceci, you gain 300k and a player who's MUCH better quality. Faulk may be a piece Toronto need to... loan behold, win a playoff series.

You are talking like Ceci is under contract for years. He's not, he'll be let go this summer unless he proves he's valuable in which case he may be open to a small term extension to prove it wasn't a fluke, or he gets let go. Low risk high reward.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 2:28 p.m.
Banned
What's the issue here? You lose the Ceci asset and gain a player who... is actually good! It's not a 1st rounder unless you resign him, and it's a future second rounder. Please explain to me why you don't want to turn CODY CECI into one of the better D men on one of the deepest D cores in the league? There may be a genuine reason, I just don't understand

Carolina's strength is in their system more than anything. Take any one player from their unit and make him carry the play without the full system supporting him and who knows how well they'd do. Faulk wasn't as good defensively when the team as a whole wasn't as good. Its very reasonable to expect him to drop off massively when asked to do more. Faulk has issues as a defender, many issues, much like Jake Gardiner. The Leafs moved away from that because his strengths aren't needed.
Aug. 7, 2019 at 2:30 p.m.
You are talking like Ceci is under contract for years. He's not, he'll be let go this summer unless he proves he's valuable in which case he may be open to a small term extension to prove it wasn't a fluke, or he gets let go. Low risk high reward.

You're talking like there's a chance he'll be good.... Ceci is better being bought out than he is actually playing. Faulk is good on his skates, good defensively and known for his offence. He's a solidified top 4 RD man. Perfect for your second pair. I'm not going to continue this debate regarding Faulk. Just know that Ceci is a HORRIFIC player, you'll envy the days of Matt Hunwick
Aug. 7, 2019 at 2:33 p.m.
Carolina's strength is in their system more than anything. Take any one player from their unit and make him carry the play without the full system supporting him and who knows how well they'd do. Faulk wasn't as good defensively when the team as a whole wasn't as good. Its very reasonable to expect him to drop off massively when asked to do more. Faulk has issues as a defender, many issues, much like Jake Gardiner. The Leafs moved away from that because his strengths aren't needed.

System? The system was put in place because of the blue line. Slavin Hamilton Pesce Faulk De Haan Van Reimsdyk was one of the best bluelines in hockey last year with De Haan moving to open a space for Fleury. The D core drives the system, this isn't New York with the islanders where 6 no ones turned into great D men. There were 6 great D men here, and each did a fantastic job. I agree Faulk's strengths are similar to Gardiners, but Faulk is a very low risk high reward acquirement. If he doesn't work let him walk and you still have your 1st rounder, if he's an absolute fire, you can move him elsewhere. It is VERY low risk and VERY high reward for Toronto I think

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll