Follow up marnerhall fantasy

Created by: blowing_the_zone
Team: 2020-21 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 23, 2019
Published: Aug. 23, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
as requested.

but it seems to me that everyone is really missing the greatest strength of this fairy tale idea.. and that is getting Hyman to his strong side and making Babs happy
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$3,000,000
2$775,000
2$775,000
2$775,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
6$7,000,000
7$11,000,000
1$1,250,000
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the STL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$83,000,000$82,573,449$0$532,500$426,551
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$11,000,000$11,000,000
LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 4
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 4
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 3
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$775,000$775,000
C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$7,000,000$7,000,000
RD
UFA - 7
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
G
RFA - 1
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RD
UFA
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$737,500$737,500
LW
UFA - 1
$775,833$775,833 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 23, 2019 at 2:55 p.m.
Quoting: Trickster
This is good I like it but I see one issue.

The defence, this assumes both Liljergen and Sandin are ready to go. My thoughts on that is, one might be ready but both...
Idk. Think rather side on caution and think only one is.

I have high hopes for both these dudes long term.

Another issue, in getting 1 quality D man at 7+ million spreads the D thin. I like going after 2 guys with lesser salaries then 1 really good D.

What is the Marner trade btw?
Curious cat here.

That's all fair. My last agm had the leafs trading Marner and Ceci for Hall and Vatanen and loading up for a cup run this year. It would give Mitch the option of signing an existing offer from the leafs or the AM deal but getting traded later in the day to Jersey. It was a thought exercise, to see how Ferris would spun that option. and then somebody made me do an agm for 20/21 based of that... and I was still on my first coffee.......
Trickster and Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Aug. 23, 2019 at 6:25 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: blowing_the_zone
That's all fair. My last agm had the leafs trading Marner and Ceci for Hall and Vatanen and loading up for a cup run this year. It would give Mitch the option of signing an existing offer from the leafs or the AM deal but getting traded later in the day to Jersey. It was a thought exercise, to see how Ferris would spun that option. and then somebody made me do an agm for 20/21 based of that... and I was still on my first coffee.......

In that situation I would want to resign Vatanen.
But this was good, interesting idea.
Aug. 23, 2019 at 6:26 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: Laudan
I would rather bring in Pietrangelo on top of Spurgeon with the money left instead of Hall.....

No chance Blues let him leave
Aug. 23, 2019 at 7:20 p.m.
In that situation I would want to resign Vatanen.
But this was good, interesting idea.

Either or really. Vatanen is maybe cheaper, idk. But Spurgeon is definitely smaller. That fits our m.o.
Aug. 23, 2019 at 8:07 p.m.
It looks good ?, I like the Spurgeon trade alot more if we are able to extend him as you have here. I didn't miss Hyman sliding over to his strong side! I've seen many AGMs on here not wanting Hyman because he's a LW, but I remind them that he is a natural RW who was forced to his offside outta necessity.
Aug. 23, 2019 at 8:39 p.m.
Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
It looks good ?, I like the Spurgeon trade alot more if we are able to extend him as you have here. I didn't miss Hyman sliding over to his strong side! I've seen many AGMs on here not wanting Hyman because he's a LW, but I remind them that he is a natural RW who was forced to his offside outta necessity.

My take is that Berry is a rental. I think the conversation with Sakic went something like a few years of certainty with Kadri for a younger and much less proven Kerfoot (conditional on being extended) with Berry being the difference (given it seems like he was going to test the market... plus the avs seem to be loaded everywhere moving forward, especially on d..) and then Rosen being thrown in as a nice depth piece. I really like the deal for both teams, even if we lose Berry, which I think we do, and given that i don't think the avs were going to extend Berry given what he might want (8m/aav??)

Maybe the idea is the leafs keep Muzzin. By why not go after Spurgeon? I absolutely trust Tansors take on him. Who knows? Maybe Dert and Hyman get flipped and we could keep Spurgeon and Muzzin??

But if Hyman gets to play his strong side for a year with Hall and JT, then Babs will have the hockey world believing Hyman > Wilson... so, scrap all of this! Maybe we should just sign Richy Mitch to AM money.

It's all so hopeless..
Sign_em_up000000 and oneX liked this.
Aug. 23, 2019 at 9:44 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
My take is that Berry is a rental. I think the conversation with Sakic went something like a few years of certainty with Kadri for a younger and much less proven Kerfoot (conditional on being extended) with Berry being the difference (given it seems like he was going to test the market... plus the avs seem to be loaded everywhere moving forward, especially on d..) and then Rosen being thrown in as a nice depth piece. I really like the deal for both teams, even if we lose Berry, which I think we do, and given that i don't think the avs were going to extend Berry given what he might want (8m/aav??)

Maybe the idea is the leafs keep Muzzin. By why not go after Spurgeon? I absolutely trust Tansors take on him. Who knows? Maybe Dert and Hyman get flipped and we could keep Spurgeon and Muzzin??

But if Hyman gets to play his strong side for a year with Hall and JT, then Babs will have the hockey world believing Hyman > Wilson... so, scrap all of this! Maybe we should just sign Richy Mitch to AM money.

It's all so hopeless..

Trade Dermott? Come on, we need him.
He likely commands about 3 million and that works for us.

Always envisioned Dermott replacing Muzzin once he hits UFA.
Aug. 23, 2019 at 10:04 p.m.

I'm not sure about that for a few reasons. The first is this Sadin kid. Who is he? I mean, he could be another Reilly.. and that's not a stretch. We wont know for a while. Or he could be nothing like that.

Second, who is Dert? He's a pretty awesome 3rd pair ld from what we've seen so far, but that's all we've seen. Can he be that good as a second pair d? Without sheltering? Personally, I think so.. but who knows.

Thirdly, how does this all play out in the next expansion draft? Dert needs to be protected. Does Hyman? I really don't know with his partial NTC..

But I do know we don't need to worry about Sandin and Lily.

So, 7 f and 3 d, within this fairy tale..

F - AM, JT, Hall, Nylander, Kap, Johnsson, Kerfoot
D - Reilly, Spurgeon, Muzzin..
Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Aug. 23, 2019 at 11:15 p.m.

It's all so hopeless..

All very good points. I think we're on the same page. Berrie is likely a rental although, we'll have to see how he performs. I like the idea of going after Spurgeon assuming he makes it to FA...but my top target would be Hamonic, assuming he would sign here, as he would cost less.

It sure seems hopeless but we'll have to see how the Mitch situation & the season plays out. I trust Kyle to find a solution!
blowing_the_zone and oneX liked this.
Aug. 23, 2019 at 11:16 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Edited Aug. 23, 2019 at 11:23 p.m.
I'm not sure about that for a few reasons. The first is this Sadin kid. Who is he? I mean, he could be another Reilly.. and that's not a stretch. We wont know for a while. Or he could be nothing like that.

Second, who is Dert? He's a pretty awesome 3rd pair ld from what we've seen so far, but that's all we've seen. Can he be that good as a second pair d? Without sheltering? Personally, I think so.. but who knows.

Thirdly, how does this all play out in the next expansion draft? Dert needs to be protected. Does Hyman? I really don't know with his partial NTC..

Yes Dermott will need to be protected, only him and Reilly as it stands right now.
We dont have 3rd D to protect atm for the expansion draft.

I suspect Hyman is not protected due to other young players here with skill.
Hyman's time with Leafs will likely be done at the end of his current deal if not sooner, its just reality.
Aug. 23, 2019 at 11:17 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
All very good points. I think we're on the same page. Berrie is likely a rental although, we'll have to see how he performs. I like the idea of going after Spurgeon assuming he makes it to FA...but my top target would be Hamonic, assuming he would sign here, as he would cost less.

It sure seems hopeless but we'll have to see how the Mitch situation & the season plays out. I trust Kyle to find a solution!

How much $$$ do you think Spurgeon gets?
More than Myers imo
Aug. 23, 2019 at 11:22 p.m.
How much $$$ do you think Spurgeon gets?
More than Myers imo

That all depends on how his season goes, I'm not talking about him taking a step back but rather if Minny is ouuta it by the deadline and trade him to a contender a good playoffs could increase his value. Personally, I think 7 is the starting point as of right now and I would cap him off at around 9 depending on term. But this is just my opinion.
Trickster liked this.
Aug. 23, 2019 at 11:23 p.m.

F it. Let's throw in something else, too. I want Staal smile
Aug. 23, 2019 at 11:24 p.m.

Deemott will not be traded, he's playing sheltered minutes now but he has #4 potential IMO.
oneX and Trickster liked this.
Aug. 23, 2019 at 11:26 p.m.
Yes Dermott will need to be protected, only him and Reilly as it stands right now.
We dont have 3rd D to protect atm for the expansion draft.

I suspect Hyman is not protected due to other young players here with skill.
Hyman's time with Leafs will likely be done at the end of his current deal if not sooner, its just reality.

You are correct! Personally, I think Hyman gets traded before his current contract expires...if I had to guess I would say either at the TDL (at the earliest) or more likely next offseason.
Trickster liked this.
Aug. 23, 2019 at 11:27 p.m.
F it. Let's throw in something else, too. I want Staal smile

Which one?
Aug. 23, 2019 at 11:28 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
That all depends on how his season goes, I'm not talking about him taking a step back but rather if Minny is ouuta it by the deadline and trade him to a contender a good playoffs could increase his value. Personally, I think 7 is the starting point as of right now and I would cap him off at around 9 depending on term. But this is just my opinion.

One thing I heard about Hamonic is that he will breakdown sooner than suspected, and I cant say that's not possible.
Age will be factor when handing out a deal more than 3 years term.

Same with Spurgeon, for that reason I like DeMelo and Vatanen more.
oneX and Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Aug. 23, 2019 at 11:35 p.m.
Quoting: Laudan
I would rather bring in Pietrangelo on top of Spurgeon with the money left instead of Hall.....

I know the title of this ACGM has fantasy within it and sure you're allowed to dream but I doubt St. Louis let's Pietrangelo walk as a UFA especially after accomplishing something some very talented D couldn't do in that city.
Trickster and Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Aug. 23, 2019 at 11:35 p.m.
Deemott will not be traded, he's playing sheltered minutes now but he has #4 potential IMO.

I'll bet you 50 bucks there's more than a 50/50 chance he does... he would bring something back.

Plus, that Sandman kid..
Aug. 23, 2019 at 11:37 p.m.
Which one?

The old guy. In Minnesota
Aug. 23, 2019 at 11:51 p.m.

Thirdly, how does this all play out in the next expansion draft? Dert needs to be protected. Does Hyman? I really don't know with his partial NTC

The thing about Dermott is he was on his way to becoming a 3rd/4th D (very reliable) pair until he got injured. Can he bounce back?
Look...it's not going to be easy for him especially because this core of D has been particularly weak in their own end and missing training camp and the first month or two of regular season games will have him in a very tough spot.
Frankly I'm surprised more Leafs fans aren't concerned about Dermott because of this.

So.... @blowing_the_zone started with giving Spurgeon 7 million and when I brought that up @BCAPP backed him up saying 7 million per was about how much Spurgeon should get.
I'm okay with 7 million and you know with Josi probably getting 8-9 million...7 million seems about right for Spurgeon.
Aug. 24, 2019 at 12:02 a.m.
No chance Blues let him leave

Quoting: oneX
I know the title of this ACGM has fantasy within it and sure you're allowed to dream but I doubt St. Louis let's Pietrangelo walk as a UFA especially after accomplishing something some very talented D couldn't do in that city.

True, true, but i bet NYI and CBJ ( and many more ) had the same feelings about their Stars before they hit FA.....you know where im going
Aug. 24, 2019 at 12:06 a.m.
One thing I heard about Hamonic is that he will breakdown sooner than suspected, and I cant say that's not possible.
Age will be factor when handing out a deal more than 3 years term.

Same with Spurgeon, for that reason I like DeMelo and Vatanen more.

I agree, but I'd still take the risk with Hamonic as Dubas has shown he can move out an underperforming player if need be...also, I'm not sold on DeMelo yet personally, and I'd rather bring back Muzzin instead of signing Vatanen, but again, just my opinion.
Aug. 24, 2019 at 12:08 a.m.
I'll bet you 50 bucks there's more than a 50/50 chance he does... he would bring something back.

Plus, that Sandman kid..

It would be depending on what he would bring back, but I don't see it being worth it. We could either go

Reilly
Dermot
Sandin

On the left or slide Dermott over to the right as he does pretty well on his offside.
Aug. 24, 2019 at 12:09 a.m.
The old guy. In Minnesota

I thought so at first... But then got worried you were talking about Mark lol.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll