Created by: BOLTLOVER1
Team: 2019-20 Tampa Bay Lightning
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 29, 2019
Published: Oct. 29, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Another stinker of game tonight against a bad team .. comments:
1. Vaz was very good .. he had not been this year
2. Down 3 players after period 1 is tough haul .. good to see team getting thrashed .. builds grit as first 20 games dont matter.
3. Clearly seeing the problems .. it painfully obvious as 4 to 6 players need to be replaced but Point was very good tonight also
5. Look for Syracuse call ups to begin mid Nov when back home

Kreider was very good .. true leadership and had great game .. he starting to look like a must have for Tampa ..
Trades
NYR
  1. 2020 1st round pick (TBL)
Additional Details:
Maybe Joseph and a prospect also and drop draft pick to #2 .. regardless Tampa should get thia done by Xmas
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$83,698,331$0$1,362,500-$2,198,331
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C, LW
NTC
UFA - 5
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 5
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
UFA - 8
$4,450,000$4,450,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$6,750,000$6,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,650,000$1,650,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$5,166,666$5,166,666
C, LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 6
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Rangers
$4,625,000$4,625,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 7
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
RW, RD
UFA - 2
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$147,500$148K)
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 29, 2019 at 11:09 p.m.
Rangers 2023
If you think you can rob us of sergachev this time
Oct. 29, 2019 at 11:35 p.m.
Rangers south 2.0
Oct. 29, 2019 at 11:36 p.m.
Quoting: Ragsandbluesfan

That’d be amazing. What do you think it’d take to get Sergachev?
Oct. 30, 2019 at 1:14 a.m.
Quoting: Blueshirts_in_Florida
That’d be amazing. What do you think it’d take to get Sergachev?

Pietrangelo?
Oct. 30, 2019 at 1:42 a.m.
You know nothing JS
Maybe you are busting the cap
Oct. 30, 2019 at 8:16 a.m.
Rangers 2023
Quoting: Blueshirts_in_Florida
Rangers south 2.0

W
Oct. 30, 2019 at 8:31 a.m.
Knuckle Danz
Yet another round of crap being laid out. I have a idea: how about you wait on your coaching staff to work his lines AND be patient.

As a Ranger fan, this deal sucks. Kreider is a leader on this team; he is a big part of the engine that runs this team. It will not be the responsibility of Jeff Gorton to make sure your team has a playoff pulse.
Oct. 30, 2019 at 8:42 a.m.
BOLT LOVER
Quoting: YoucancallmeHockeyman
Yet another round of crap being laid out. I have a idea: how about you wait on your coaching staff to work his lines AND be patient.

As a Ranger fan, this deal sucks. Kreider is a leader on this team; he is a big part of the engine that runs this team. It will not be the responsibility of Jeff Gorton to make sure your team has a playoff pulse.

Here's an idea .. get a shorter name "Hockeyman " and stick to posting on things u know ..
Oct. 30, 2019 at 8:45 a.m.
Knuckle Danz
Quoting: BOLTLOVER1
Here's an idea .. get a shorter name "Hockeyman " and stick to posting on things u know ..

Things I know.. you mean like the fact that for the third time in a row, your team got outworked? Do you mean THOSE THINGS?

And by a team that yours was supposed to put the wood to? Do you mean THOSE THINGS?

And that your team got beat by a backup goalie? Do you mean THOSE THINGS?
Oct. 30, 2019 at 8:50 a.m.
BOLT LOVER
Couldn't agree more we go out worked .. we in violent agreement .. team QUIT in Columbus series in game 2

Saw it in person .. flat out quit .. and hasn't really worked hard since last Xmas .. we have HUGE leadership issue and it been brewing for loooong time .. so saying "be patient and let coach find his lines .. "..doesn't mean crap when most forwards don't play defense and don't want to and you got a girlie coach you gave a LT extension to BEFORE the playoffs
Oct. 30, 2019 at 9:13 a.m.
Tspky
Things I know.. you mean like the fact that for the third time in a row, your team got outworked? Do you mean THOSE THINGS?

And by a team that yours was supposed to put the wood to? Do you mean THOSE THINGS?

And that your team got beat by a backup goalie? Do you mean THOSE THINGS?

Quoting: BOLTLOVER1
Couldn't agree more we go out worked .. we in violent agreement .. team QUIT in Columbus series in game 2

Saw it in person .. flat out quit .. and hasn't really worked hard since last Xmas .. we have HUGE leadership issue and it been brewing for loooong time .. so saying "be patient and let coach find his lines .. "..doesn't mean crap when most forwards don't play defense and don't want to and you got a girlie coach you gave a LT extension to BEFORE the playoffs

come on stop making bad impressions of us ranger fans... yeah tampa lost last night but i'd but good money on them making the playoffs and us not. One win doesn't make us SC champions.. it was our best performance of the year and probably not a coincidence that Staal was scratched, but we all know he will be back in next game ruining our chances of getting a win.

in regards to kreider trade, it'll take a similar deal that hayes got to pry him away. 1st Round Pick + young bottom 6 player (Joseph is probably right, maybe rangers throw a 4th too?)
Sergachev will never happen so rangers fans can stop dreaming.
Foote would be nice but won't happen (if it does that would be amazing).

Really it's going to depend on if tampa wants to part with a higher end prospect to keep their first rounder this year
BOLTLOVER1 and Book_Hockey liked this.
Oct. 30, 2019 at 9:20 a.m.

Sergachev for a rental in Kreider is a massive over pay
matulix and Zwui21 liked this.
Oct. 30, 2019 at 9:24 a.m.
BOLT LOVER
Not huge Sergachev fan but you correct on an overpay there .. now if Rangers through in Fox .. I would do it
Oct. 30, 2019 at 9:48 a.m.
Knuckle Danz
Quoting: Spanky227
come on stop making bad impressions of us ranger fans... yeah tampa lost last night but i'd but good money on them making the playoffs and us not. One win doesn't make us SC champions.. it was our best performance of the year and probably not a coincidence that Staal was scratched, but we all know he will be back in next game ruining our chances of getting a win.

in regards to kreider trade, it'll take a similar deal that hayes got to pry him away. 1st Round Pick + young bottom 6 player (Joseph is probably right, maybe rangers throw a 4th too?)
Sergachev will never happen so rangers fans can stop dreaming.
Foote would be nice but won't happen (if it does that would be amazing).

Really it's going to depend on if tampa wants to part with a higher end prospect to keep their first rounder this year

Excuse me, I didn't and wouldn't declare that Tampa Bay wouldn't make the playoffs; so your last statement is moot. I would be foolish to meet your money on that bet going against them making the playoffs. Vaz is an incredible goalie; on his back alone, the Lightning make the playoffs. So this is a wasted argument.

As for being a "good" Ranger fan, this is also irrelevant. Settling into the idea that this team is bad, or should just tank and dump veterans for the sake of more picks, only says there's no faith in this team's progress. Rome wasn't built in a day, but it was still built. I, for one, am done giving Tampa and anyone else pieces so they can win. If you don't like that, and would prefer to keep growing other teams' warchests, feel free.

But, aside from King Henrik, I'd like to see someone else drafted by this team retire a Ranger.

Besides, Tampa has plenty of prospects to fill any and all of its voids (if there are any, at all).
Oct. 30, 2019 at 11:40 a.m.
Rangers 2023
Quoting: Book_Hockey
Sergachev for a rental in Kreider is a massive over pay

Extend him, one of palat, killorn, or gourde is gone soon anyway, TJ obviously going to seattle
Oct. 30, 2019 at 1:17 p.m.
Extend him, one of palat, killorn, or gourde is gone soon anyway, TJ obviously going to seattle

Even if they extend Kreider he is not worth a stud 21 year old puck moving defenseman with near elite 5v5 possession numbers.
Oct. 30, 2019 at 4:12 p.m.
Tspky
Excuse me, I didn't and wouldn't declare that Tampa Bay wouldn't make the playoffs; so your last statement is moot. I would be foolish to meet your money on that bet going against them making the playoffs. Vaz is an incredible goalie; on his back alone, the Lightning make the playoffs. So this is a wasted argument.

As for being a "good" Ranger fan, this is also irrelevant. Settling into the idea that this team is bad, or should just tank and dump veterans for the sake of more picks, only says there's no faith in this team's progress. Rome wasn't built in a day, but it was still built. I, for one, am done giving Tampa and anyone else pieces so they can win. If you don't like that, and would prefer to keep growing other teams' warchests, feel free.

But, aside from King Henrik, I'd like to see someone else drafted by this team retire a Ranger.

Besides, Tampa has plenty of prospects to fill any and all of its voids (if there are any, at all).

yeah you are being very obnoxious and throwing the win in the tampa fans face.. just relax because they are still a better team.
We aren't "filling their war chest". Tampa will not be able to resign kreider, so it's a pure rental. and for that rental, we PICK from their future warchest, making our warchest better.

It's not that i think our team is "bad", we just aren't good enough. Kreider, as much as I like him, will not have an spot on the next contending team the rangers put forward. We might as well recoup something that will be an asset for our next run. It's not that I'm cold, or "have no faith in the teams progress", i'm just being realistic and logical. Why keep an asset you won't want to pay what he'll make. Think more than short term. Kreider won't be signing a 3-4 year deal. We will need to resign Shesterkin, Fox, Kravtsov, Kakko, Lindgren, Hajek, Chytil, Andersson, Howden after their entry deals are done, as well as the two prove it contracts in DeAngelo and Lemieux, along with resigning Zibanejad who is earning a much higher contract than he currently has. Keeping kreider is a mistake, so why not try to get something instead.

In terms of a drafted player retiring as a ranger, that is the same thinking that led to the albatross contracts handed to Staal and Girardi, paying for past when they should have been thinking of the future.
And before you ask if that means would I be okay with them trading Lundqvist as well, your damn right it does.
Oct. 30, 2019 at 6:26 p.m.
Rangers 2023
Even if they extend Kreider he is not worth a stud 21 year old puck moving defenseman with near elite 5v5 possession numbers.

Who is never going to play on his strong side in the top 4 in tampa
Oct. 30, 2019 at 8:50 p.m.
Knuckle Danz
Quoting: Spanky227
yeah you are being very obnoxious and throwing the win in the tampa fans face..

Proof once again that knuckleheads exist on this site...learn to read and you will see in my initial thought I said that in no way, did I think the Lightning WOULDN'T make the playoffs.

1. Stop responding if you can't read.
2. Stop playing mall cop.

It's very likely I'm older than you and since I've been Ranger fan and hockey fan for over 35 years, stop acting like this is your site.

The Lightning are a BONAFIDE playoff team. Yes, while I'm glad the Rangers won last night, I'm not suggesting it changes everything. But, for certain, wins like the ones against Buffalo and Tampa Bay show very good signs.
Oct. 30, 2019 at 10:04 p.m.
Who is never going to play on his strong side in the top 4 in tampa

That’s your comeback? I think with all the positives he brings to the table, they can work around that. And if they can’t, then they’ll deal him for someone much better then a 29/30 year old winger who’s never scored 30 goals and has only topped 50 pts twice in his career.
Oct. 30, 2019 at 11:44 p.m.
Rangers 2023
That’s your comeback? I think with all the positives he brings to the table, they can work around that. And if they can’t, then they’ll deal him for someone much better then a 29/30 year old winger who’s never scored 30 goals and has only topped 50 pts twice in his career.

Ok so points and goals are the end all, be all?
Oct. 31, 2019 at 8:29 a.m.
Tspky
Proof once again that knuckleheads exist on this site...learn to read and you will see in my initial thought I said that in no way, did I think the Lightning WOULDN'T make the playoffs.

1. Stop responding if you can't read.
2. Stop playing mall cop.

It's very likely I'm older than you and since I've been Ranger fan and hockey fan for over 35 years, stop acting like this is your site.

The Lightning are a BONAFIDE playoff team. Yes, while I'm glad the Rangers won last night, I'm not suggesting it changes everything. But, for certain, wins like the ones against Buffalo and Tampa Bay show very good signs.

Learn to read, I never said you did. My point is throwing one win in their face isn't smart as they are a much better team than the NYR.. and nice btw limiting the comment to only that line to try and make your point. Didn't even acknowledge the logic I spoke about. Who gives a **** about age, idc if your 10, 20, 30, 50, 90. You still don't know what you are talking about. If you honestly think i'm a "knucklehead" (really who uses that term anymore), you should take a good long look in the mirror. Oh, and here was your first comment.. not really what you are claiming it was.. just more obnoxious bs

I'm not gonna respond to your ignorant thoughts anymore, feel free to comment back but it's gonna be ignored
Book_Hockey liked this.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 9:04 a.m.
Ok so points and goals are the end all, be all?

No of course not, he's a solid possession player and does a good job of driving play, but I don't think GM's are about to give up someone of Serg's current ability and potential for what Kreider brings to the table.
Oct. 31, 2019 at 9:26 a.m.
Rangers 2023
No of course not, he's a solid possession player and does a good job of driving play, but I don't think GM's are about to give up someone of Serg's current ability and potential for what Kreider brings to the table.

That and hes practically built for playoff hockey, and if anyone needs someone like that its tampa
Oct. 31, 2019 at 9:30 a.m.
That and hes practically built for playoff hockey, and if anyone needs someone like that its tampa

Nobody's doubting that

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll