Forums/Armchair-GM

I dare you

Created by: HatterTParty
Team: 2019-20 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 14, 2019
Published: Dec. 14, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Come on everyone. Defend this team. Defend the coach. Defend management, especially bowman. How bad does it need to finally get to get rid of these unmotivated, overpaid jackasses?

Seriously, more than ever, tell me how you’d fix this team. Cuz at this point, anyone can do better than these suits. Also, don’t think I’ve forgotten about the players, cuz they have been ridiculous too.
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
26$81,500,000$70,146,686$0$7,665,000$11,353,314
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C, RW
RFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$775,833$775,833 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,400,000$1,400,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,333,225$3,333,225
LD
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 3
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 15, 2019 at 12:14 a.m.
Kyle from Chicago
#PrayForLafrenière
graderman liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 12:32 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Edited Dec. 15, 2019 at 12:40 a.m.
They won 3 cups with this core. Were you complaining when they made the moves to win those cups? They suck now but made moves then to win cups. Chill the f out and just be happy you have 3 cups in this decade. Some people have short term memories and need to have perspective. How many teams have 3 cups in the last 30 years let alone the last 10
exo2769 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 12:51 a.m.
Quoting: Capitalfail67
They won 3 cups with this core. Were you complaining when they made the moves to win those cups? They suck now but made moves then to win cups. Chill the f out and just be happy you have 3 cups in this decade. Some people have short term memories and need to have perspective. How many teams have 3 cups in the last 30 years let alone the last 10

THANK YOU!!!
Capitalfail67 and exo2769 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 12:52 a.m.
They won 3 cups with this core. We’re you complaining when they made the moves to win those cups? They suck now but made moves then to win cups. Chill the f out and just be happy you have 3 cups in this decade. Some people have short term memories and need to have perspective. How many teams have 3 cups in the last 30 years let alone the last 10

Dude, seriously, that isn’t even close to the point at hand. I don’t need a cup, I don’t need for this team to win every single season. You’re right about the three cups, but screw being grateful. I get when you start to fizzle out and start your inevitable down period. However, the **** this team has done, from the crap moves, to the awful coach, to the lack of effort by every player, shows that the decline is more like a crash. Toews and Kane are still in their prime, while Keith and seabrook decided to jump off a cliff, especially after seabrook was handed the most undeserving contract in hockey.

It’s not about being grateful, it’s about the culture. I was fine missing the playoffs two years ago, I was last year (especially when they made a fight out of it), but then this **** in the offseason happened. Bowman grabs dach at third overall because he’s desperate, he trades for maatta who can’t skate, he trades for de haan who only has one shoulder, and then he trades jokiharju. I have no words for that last one anymore.

The culture of excellence and one goal has changed to a culture of losing. There’s no hard work, no logic in the moves made, and absolutely no direction. That’s disgraceful for a team that, as you pointed out, earned 3 cups in 6 years. So no, I won’t settle, as a fan, for them to be okay with losing. But what I think shouldn’t matter to you or the organization, since they’re just gonna keep being mediocre if they wanna be. It’s just shameful to watch how far they’ve fallen so quickly.

Also, to answer your other question, yes I did hate some moves they made during those six cups. We signed bickell to a contract he didn’t deserve. He traded nick leddy, who was an amazing puck moving dman. He Gave up a 1st round pick to get KIMMO TIMONEN!!! Nothing against the guy, but he barely played at all that playoffs.

I’m sorry if I came off as disrespectful, but needless to say I’m a little triggered tonight.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 1:07 a.m.
Quoting: hawksfan55
THANK YOU!!!

Honestly, if people tell me they will be happy with 3 cups, okay, I agree. But if people are genuinely okay with being a laughing stock and endorsing a losing culture, I’m sorry but I won’t do that. I’ll never give up on this team because I’ve been a fan for 25 years, through the best and worst of times. But I’ll say this, I never would have guessed in my wildest dreams rocky wirtz, one of the most dedicated owners in hockey, would actually be okay with the state of this franchise.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 1:43 a.m.
Quoting: Stan_Bowman
#PrayForLafrenière

Sadly if he were to be drafted by the bh, he would not make much of a difference until 2024 or so at the earliest.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 1:45 a.m.
HatterTParty, you are spot on with this current group and their ongoing southerly trend.
HatterTParty liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 2:00 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: HatterTParty
Dude, seriously, that isn’t even close to the point at hand. I don’t need a cup, I don’t need for this team to win every single season. You’re right about the three cups, but screw being grateful. I get when you start to fizzle out and start your inevitable down period. However, the **** this team has done, from the crap moves, to the awful coach, to the lack of effort by every player, shows that the decline is more like a crash. Toews and Kane are still in their prime, while Keith and seabrook decided to jump off a cliff, especially after seabrook was handed the most undeserving contract in hockey.

It’s not about being grateful, it’s about the culture. I was fine missing the playoffs two years ago, I was last year (especially when they made a fight out of it), but then this **** in the offseason happened. Bowman grabs dach at third overall because he’s desperate, he trades for maatta who can’t skate, he trades for de haan who only has one shoulder, and then he trades jokiharju. I have no words for that last one anymore.

The culture of excellence and one goal has changed to a culture of losing. There’s no hard work, no logic in the moves made, and absolutely no direction. That’s disgraceful for a team that, as you pointed out, earned 3 cups in 6 years. So no, I won’t settle, as a fan, for them to be okay with losing. But what I think shouldn’t matter to you or the organization, since they’re just gonna keep being mediocre if they wanna be. It’s just shameful to watch how far they’ve fallen so quickly.

Also, to answer your other question, yes I did hate some moves they made during those six cups. We signed bickell to a contract he didn’t deserve. He traded nick leddy, who was an amazing puck moving dman. He Gave up a 1st round pick to get KIMMO TIMONEN!!! Nothing against the guy, but he barely played at all that playoffs.

I’m sorry if I came off as disrespectful, but needless to say I’m a little triggered tonight.

Dude we have one cup and we trade forsberg for erat. Dumped a 1st and Sanford for Shatt. That first round pick ended up being Morgan frost. Go back in time we selected Eric fehr over GETZLAF. I mean every single team has made terrible moves but not every team wins 3 cups with a core. Without seabrook you might have 1 cup instead of 3. Yeah it sucks he has this deal but remember that he was a huge part of you winning. Honestly toews is grossly overpaid. Dude is worth at most 8 million but people tend to only focus on seabrook. Kane is worth every dollar. Either way it’s frustrating but understand it’s a process and not everything happens over night. At least bayou have something to show for it. Look at ranger fans or and Canadian team. Most people would trade 5 years or struggles w 3 cups. Maybe seabrook will get a skin infection who knows
exo2769 and CFMan liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 11:28 a.m.
exo2769
@HatterTParty You should want the cup. That's the goal. The goal is NOT making the playoffs. We can have different view points and I believe some is this is how you're feeling about the historic meltdown yesterday, but how can you defend that trading for DeHaan was bad?!?! NEITHER Forsberg or Forsling are good. DeHaan was playing the #1LD role when he got hurt. He's exactly what this team needed. I hate that he got hurt. Sometimes injury bugs happen. Kimmo was 100% a Coach Q trade. Leddy was 100% a Coach Q trade. Q didn't play ANY of the young Dmen. Not Leddy, Not TVR, Not Gus. Every years there are teams that trade 1st round picks because they want to win the cup. I'm ok with a GM trading a 1st round pick if they genuinely believe they can win the Cup. That's the goal. Kubalik for a 5th? Good trade. Dach's 18 and it's not like Kaapo or Hughes are tearing it up either.
CFMan and graderman liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 11:55 a.m.
Kyle from Chicago

Dude we have one cup and we trade forsberg for erat. Dumped a 1st and Sanford for Shatt. That first round pick ended up being Morgan frost. Go back in time we selected Eric fehr over GETZLAF. I mean every single team has made terrible moves but not every team wins 3 cups with a core. Without seabrook you might have 1 cup instead of 3. Yeah it sucks he has this deal but remember that he was a huge part of you winning. Honestly toews is grossly overpaid. Dude is worth at most 8 million but people tend to only focus on seabrook. Kane is worth every dollar. Either way it’s frustrating but understand it’s a process and not everything happens over night. At least bayou have something to show for it. Look at ranger fans or and Canadian team. Most people would trade 5 years or struggles w 3 cups. Maybe seabrook will get a skin infection who knows

The problem isn't about being grateful, it's about being lied to.

If this team would openly announce that they are rebuilding then there would be much less complaining than there is now. Yes, we won three cups, thats great... but the fact of the matter is that management is trying to squeeze something that is not there out of the current group.

All of the moves they made this offseason have been present-centered this year type moves. THIS IS NOT A TEAM THAT CAN WIN THIS YEAR!

We should not have to deal with incompetence just because we had a great decade. Trust me we have enough incompetence in Chicago sports without the Blackhawks adding to that.
HatterTParty and graderman liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 1:42 p.m.

If this team would openly announce that they are rebuilding then there would be much less complaining than there is now. Yes, we won three cups, thats great... but the fact of the matter is that management is trying to squeeze something that is not there out of the current group.

All of the moves they made this offseason have been present-centered this year type moves. THIS IS NOT A TEAM THAT CAN WIN THIS YEAR!

We should not have to deal with incompetence just because we had a great decade. Trust me we have enough incompetence in Chicago sports without the Blackhawks adding to that.

Well said.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 1:43 p.m.

Quoting: exo2769
@HatterTParty You should want the cup. That's the goal. The goal is NOT making the playoffs. We can have different view points and I believe some is this is how you're feeling about the historic meltdown yesterday, but how can you defend that trading for DeHaan was bad?!?! NEITHER Forsberg or Forsling are good. DeHaan was playing the #1LD role when he got hurt. He's exactly what this team needed. I hate that he got hurt. Sometimes injury bugs happen. Kimmo was 100% a Coach Q trade. Leddy was 100% a Coach Q trade. Q didn't play ANY of the young Dmen. Not Leddy, Not TVR, Not Gus. Every years there are teams that trade 1st round picks because they want to win the cup. I'm ok with a GM trading a 1st round pick if they genuinely believe they can win the Cup. That's the goal. Kubalik for a 5th? Good trade. Dach's 18 and it's not like Kaapo or Hughes are tearing it up either.

Honestly, stan_bowman just perfectly explained how I’m feeling. I get that Q had input on the Kimmo trade, or didn’t want to play leddy, Gus, or TVR, but he certainly did make Stan offer bickell or seabrook the kind of money they got. At least Q had the decency to burst out of the UC on draft day when Stan traded hammer and panarin. Even he knew his team was screwed at that point!

But Stan_Bowman said it perfectly, the moves this offseason were all made with only the present in mind. In fact, the first thing I remember hearing about maatta was how good his buyout is if he doesn’t work out! Sure, de haan is a good player. On our team, he’s a #1 dman ON THIS TEAM. Anywhere else, he’s lucky if he cracks top 3. If he’s a #1 on this team, how the hell was this team ever gonna win?! He’s right, Stan thinks there’s something here but he’s flat out wrong. If he can’t see that, then get him the hell out of here before he trades boqvist or beaudin for peanuts!
Dec. 15, 2019 at 2:07 p.m.
Caps fan idk why

Sorry I quoted so much but if you honestly thought this team was a cup contender this year that’s on you. It’s fairly obvious they wouldn’t be. And not to sound ungrateful but the you said we won 3 cups great? How about we won 3 cups that’s awesome. Last time we won a cup was in the 1960s.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 2:59 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Sorry I quoted so much but if you honestly thought this team was a cup contender this year that’s on you. It’s fairly obvious they wouldn’t be. And not to sound ungrateful but the you said we won 3 cups great? How about we won 3 cups that’s awesome. Last time we won a cup was in the 1960s.

I didn’t say that I thought this team was going to win the cup. I said that moves were done in the off-season were incompetent and present centered. Chicago needs a full rebuild, but management is lying to themselves and the fans with the moves they are making.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 3:28 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
I didn’t say that I thought this team was going to win the cup. I said that moves were done in the off-season were incompetent and present centered. Chicago needs a full rebuild, but management is lying to themselves and the fans with the moves they are making.

What deal did you think was terrible? I’m just curious
Dec. 15, 2019 at 3:57 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
What deal did you think was terrible? I’m just curious

I never said any moves were terrible, I said they were incompetent and present centered. You don’t go out and spend a 2nd and a 3rd on Andrew Shaw if you don’t think you are making the playoffs. You don’t acquire two veteran guys (Matta,De Hann) with the intention to rebuild this season. The moves they maid said they want to compete for a playoff spot this season, and that’s what’s terrible. These moves make us better than bottom 10, but not in the top 16. That’s a terrible place to be.
HatterTParty liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 6:28 p.m.
exo2769

This is how the world works. EVEN Detroit isn't coming out and saying we're tanking, but that's exactly what they're doing. Cholo minors. Rasmussen minors. Veleno minors. They're capable of playing NHL hockey, but they're still in the AHL.

Shouldn't have to deal with incompetence because of a previous great decade....Look a Detroit. Look at LA. Look at how bad PIT's farm system is. Should PIT just tear it down? It's not like the Hawks are alone. You keep trading away future assets...that means your future has less to work with. It's not more complicated that this. This is the price every organization pays for winning.
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 6:51 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
I never said any moves were terrible, I said they were incompetent and present centered. You don’t go out and spend a 2nd and a 3rd on Andrew Shaw if you don’t think you are making the playoffs. You don’t acquire two veteran guys (Matta,De Hann) with the intention to rebuild this season. The moves they maid said they want to compete for a playoff spot this season, and that’s what’s terrible. These moves make us better than bottom 10, but not in the top 16. That’s a terrible place to be.

Maybe at the time they thought these deal could push them over the top. I understand what you’re saying but I don’t think you can “rebuild” and keep Kane and Toews. Fans are this mad now doubt it would go any better with a complete make over
Dec. 15, 2019 at 6:54 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
This is how the world works. EVEN Detroit isn't coming out and saying we're tanking, but that's exactly what they're doing. Cholo minors. Rasmussen minors. Veleno minors. They're capable of playing NHL hockey, but they're still in the AHL.

Shouldn't have to deal with incompetence because of a previous great decade....Look a Detroit. Look at LA. Look at how bad PIT's farm system is. Should PIT just tear it down? It's not like the Hawks are alone. You keep trading away future assets...that means your future has less to work with. It's not more complicated that this. This is the price every organization pays for winning.

I agree. Very well put. Teams like LA PITT CHI have a massive advantage bc they won the last 8/10 cups ha. Look at Toronto who basically shut the window before it opened or rangers who went to a cup and lost now they are a bubble team after spending way too much on AP
Dec. 15, 2019 at 6:58 p.m.
Maybe at the time they thought these deal could push them over the top. I understand what you’re saying but I don’t think you can “rebuild” and keep Kane and Toews. Fans are this mad now doubt it would go any better with a complete make over

Pretty sure, at this point, all the fans would rather tear this down. We’re not blind to the fact that the team would begin getting bad, but not like this, not this quickly. I hate to say it to Kane and toews, but if they don’t like how things are going, look at your hands and be grateful you both got three rings there! You say the fans should be grateful, the players need to accept that things won’t be the same again either. Tough luck.

The fans don’t mind this, especially after how the last few years have gone. If Kane and toews have a problem, cool, wave your NTCs so we can try to rebuild. Just get rid of JC and Stan first.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 7:08 p.m.

Okay, first of all, you say Detroit hasn’t openly said they’re not tanking, but yet everyone is in the minors? Okay, agreed! Here’s the problem with that argument: at least we know they are!!! The hawks aren’t even tanking AND they left an unprepared Dach to waste a year on his ELC on a team that doesn’t care. As far as I’m concerned, good on Detroit for knowing what needs to happen now to be better later. Do you know where that started??? STEVE ****ing YZERMAN replaces KEN HOLLAND!!!! What a novel concept, yes?

You brought up LA, good example. They are, unfortunately, victims of **** management with **** contracts and not evolving with the NHL. Evolving, btw, means a slow team that didn’t get any FASTER. Then there’s Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh is a team that won on pure speed and still Jim Rutherford chose to make them bigger and tougher. Yes, stupid idea Jim you idiot. As for their farm system, yes, sure, it could be rough for them.
Good news is, their team still plays with everything they got and with plenty of heart and passion. The hawks can’t even get that out of their core, save for Kane, since he’s the only one showing any 10.5 mil talent.

I’d love to be in Detroit’s position right now. Great farm system, quite possibly the most savvy GM in the league right now, and very aware of what they are and what they have to go through to return to prominence. It just takes one replacement, Yzerman for holland. Hawks could too!
Dec. 15, 2019 at 10:44 p.m.
exo2769
Okay, first of all, you say Detroit hasn’t openly said they’re not tanking, but yet everyone is in the minors? Okay, agreed! Here’s the problem with that argument: at least we know they are!!! The hawks aren’t even tanking AND they left an unprepared Dach to waste a year on his ELC on a team that doesn’t care. As far as I’m concerned, good on Detroit for knowing what needs to happen now to be better later. Do you know where that started??? STEVE ****ing YZERMAN replaces KEN HOLLAND!!!! What a novel concept, yes?

You brought up LA, good example. They are, unfortunately, victims of **** management with **** contracts and not evolving with the NHL. Evolving, btw, means a slow team that didn’t get any FASTER. Then there’s Pittsburgh. Pittsburgh is a team that won on pure speed and still Jim Rutherford chose to make them bigger and tougher. Yes, stupid idea Jim you idiot. As for their farm system, yes, sure, it could be rough for them.
Good news is, their team still plays with everything they got and with plenty of heart and passion. The hawks can’t even get that out of their core, save for Kane, since he’s the only one showing any 10.5 mil talent.

I’d love to be in Detroit’s position right now. Great farm system, quite possibly the most savvy GM in the league right now, and very aware of what they are and what they have to go through to return to prominence. It just takes one replacement, Yzerman for holland. Hawks could too!

Stevie Y Is a good GM. I agree with you there. I also agree we should have let Dach play at WJC. Heck I was ok sending back the the WHL, but you can't tear this team down. The NMCs guarantee that you cant maximize return on a player. Forget the $10.5M for a second. Even Kane wont get a maximized return because he can choose his destination. I also dont want to tear it down. I'm for trading ALL the UFAs. Lehner too! Get the most you can for assets you might lose anyway. Then next year do the same with Saad if it's going poorly again.

If you want a new GM Hexy might be a good choice. Drafted well in PHI. But got fired for being the opposite of what were talking about. Not letting the young guns get a chance and not willing to trade his guys to help for a cup run. Pick your poison.
Dec. 17, 2019 at 6:18 p.m.
Let’s be completely honest here 3 cups in 6 years. F*** that overtime goal in ‘14 or it would be 4 cups in 6 years in the cap era. But here is something which needs consideration.

I think the Hawks can be called a dynasty. The parity in the NHL is best in all professional sports. Every year it so hard to get to the final, I consider it a dynasty for any team to reach the conference finals consistently. FIVE WCF’s APPEARANCES IN SEVEN YEARS.

Every Hawk fan has been blessed to witness it golden era in the franchise’s long history.
Dec. 17, 2019 at 7:15 p.m.
Quoting: Hawksince71
Let’s be completely honest here 3 cups in 6 years. F*** that overtime goal in ‘14 or it would be 4 cups in 6 years in the cap era. But here is something which needs consideration.

I think the Hawks can be called a dynasty. The parity in the NHL is best in all professional sports. Every year it so hard to get to the final, I consider it a dynasty for any team to reach the conference finals consistently. FIVE WCF’s APPEARANCES IN SEVEN YEARS.

Every Hawk fan has been blessed to witness it golden era in the franchise’s long history.

You are definitely spot on with your definition of the hawks as a dynasty. They were, no questions asked. Every fan was truly blessed to live through such a remarkable period of sustained success.

However, that success is not excuse to breed complacency. It’s also not an excuse for a lack of passion or logic by not just management, but by the players too. That’s all myself and Stan_Bowman are arguing. I don’t mind losing at the end of the day, but the moves made in those times have to be for the better of the future and the immediate present. Anyone who really knows this hawks team knows that, even with these moves made by bowman in the offseason, they were never making the playoffs. I love this team but they are a team in need of a rebuild that may never come unless bowman gets fired. At this point, if someone put a gun to my head, I’d say fire bowman and I’ll gladly keep Colliton until the end of the year. At least we’ll get a top five pick again with him at the helm. This team didn’t get any faster, younger (okay, maybe a little), or more driven. We got tougher, slower, and lazier. At some point, no matter how “good” the trades were at face value, bowman needs to accept he doesn’t have it anymore and move on. We don’t have hammer, panarin, danault, Teuvo, or joker because of this guy. Just resign Stan, give yourself some dignity.
Dec. 18, 2019 at 10:39 a.m.
You are definitely spot on with your definition of the hawks as a dynasty. They were, no questions asked. Every fan was truly blessed to live through such a remarkable period of sustained success.

However, that success is not excuse to breed complacency. It’s also not an excuse for a lack of passion or logic by not just management, but by the players too. That’s all myself and Stan_Bowman are arguing. I don’t mind losing at the end of the day, but the moves made in those times have to be for the better of the future and the immediate present. Anyone who really knows this hawks team knows that, even with these moves made by bowman in the offseason, they were never making the playoffs. I love this team but they are a team in need of a rebuild that may never come unless bowman gets fired. At this point, if someone put a gun to my head, I’d say fire bowman and I’ll gladly keep Colliton until the end of the year. At least we’ll get a top five pick again with him at the helm. This team didn’t get any faster, younger (okay, maybe a little), or more driven. We got tougher, slower, and lazier. At some point, no matter how “good” the trades were at face value, bowman needs to accept he doesn’t have it anymore and move on. We don’t have hammer, panarin, danault, Teuvo, or joker because of this guy. Just resign Stan, give yourself some dignity.

In a perfect world, that is a world without the limitations of a salary, the Hawks would be on top of the world as Champions in 2010. This was a very deep and talented team, and taste of success was deeply ingrained. It would been difficult to knock them off the top.

Still in the age of the cap, this team wins two more times. The heavy price of success means that players get move to be cap compliant. It is far too easy to be critical when hindsight is in your corner. The players you mentioned Panarin and Hammer; they would not be on this team today. They would be too expensive.

At the time, the Hawks were humiliated to Nashville in four straight. Those two trades were in my opinion were reaction to the team’s poor showing in the post season. It did not address the team’s weakness; lack of competitive speed, but it recognize the team’s inability to be able to resign them a couple of years later.

Losing Teuvo was the causality of moving Bickell’s contract. Nobody can say that doesn’t hurt, but it is the price paid for being the best. People here can criticize Bickell’s contract, but seriously he had a great playoff run, and became a RFA. Nobody at the time, would have thought Bickell’s best was behind him.

With Danault, Bowman has already address that was a bad trade, but it became a bad trade when the Hawks lose game 7 to the Blues. They also wasted their 1st acquiring Andrew Ladd, which I wasn’t to crazy about, but all GM’s make these trades (getting depth) at TDL. The Hawks had the best record in the Western Conference that year. They were supposed to go deep. If they had won, then the trades at that year’s deadline wouldn’t be magnified so negatively.

I think the biggest regret Bowman has as GM was the contract extension with Seabrook. It has literally handcuffed him at the position of defense. Here again, hindsight wins. Imagine, not resigning Seabs, and what prospects and draft picks the Blackhawks could have received.

However there is a fine line in loyalty, recognizing the greatness of an athlete and past contributions with the future competitiveness of the franchise. Failure to extend a contract to Seabrook could be viewed as failing acknowledge the importance contributed the club’s championship years.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll