C, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
$694,444$694,444 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$2,050,000$2,050,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 3
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Rangers
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
G
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 29, 2020 at 5:33 p.m.
V5 ANA and BOG
I just posted a Manson thread too and @AFOX10900 brought up a good point so I'm going to pass it on: the Ducks probably don't need another winger. I'd like Manson but it probably isn't realistic.
Dan10900 and OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 29, 2020 at 5:40 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: NR1203
I just posted a Manson thread too and @AFOX10900 brought up a good point so I'm going to pass it on: the Ducks probably don't need another winger. I'd like Manson but it probably isn't realistic.

The Ducks and Toronto are bad trade partners because both need help at RhD. Anaheim probably won't trade Manson without someone to replace him or someone with a chance of immediately replacing him, and if Toronto is trying to improve its own RD, then they wouldn't want to send an RD back and so such a trade doesn't really make sense. To put it another way, would you trade Liljegren and a 2020 second for Manson?
Dan10900 liked this.
Jan. 29, 2020 at 5:41 p.m.
#LeafsFever
I thought on my initial look that Anaheim deal was completely unfair, but giving it a second look, it's not totally ridiculous, for either team. In my honest opinion, I think Anaheim would have to add a prospect or something, but I don't think you are far off. On the Rangers deal, I don't think the Leafs are prepared to do that with Kapanen involved.
V5 ANA and BOG
Quoting: OldNYIfan
The Ducks and Toronto are bad trade partners because both need help at RhD. Anaheim probably won't trade Manson without someone to replace him or someone with a chance of immediately replacing him, and if Toronto is trying to improve its own RD, then they wouldn't want to send an RD back and so such a trade doesn't really make sense. To put it another way, would you trade Liljegren and a 2020 second for Manson?

Yeah, you're right. Should probably look elsewhere.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Xx_Zegras46_xX
Lmao no
Jan. 29, 2020 at 5:49 p.m.
Quoting: MG1986
I thought on my initial look that Anaheim deal was completely unfair, but giving it a second look, it's not totally ridiculous, for either team. In my honest opinion, I think Anaheim would have to add a prospect or something, but I don't think you are far off. On the Rangers deal, I don't think the Leafs are prepared to do that with Kapanen involved.

In a vacuum you may be right. But the fact that the ducks clearly need some kind of rebuild (as is reported to be where GMBM is heading) the ducks can't contemplate trading away draft picks let alone any prospect of value.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 29, 2020 at 5:54 p.m.
#LeafsFever
Quoting: ARIK7700
In a vacuum you may be right. But the fact that the ducks clearly need some kind of rebuild (as is reported to be where GMBM is heading) the ducks can't contemplate trading away draft picks let alone any prospect of value.

As part of any good rebuild, the team needs to have a solid young foundation. Johnsson and Dermott certainly helps there. I mean, I am sure there is a team out there willing to give up some futures for Manson, but I think young, controllable NHL-ready pieces do a good, if not better job, at moving this rebuild along.
Jan. 29, 2020 at 6:04 p.m.
As part of any good rebuild, the team needs to have a solid young foundation. Johnsson and Dermott certainly helps there. I mean, I am sure there is a team out there willing to give up some futures for Manson, but I think young, controllable NHL-ready pieces do a good, if not better job, at moving this rebuild along.

The question then is, have the ducks bottomed out or are they close to bottoming out. If the answer to that is yes, then I'll concede that premise (though I'm not totally convinced TOR is the answer to that). If they're still a year or even 2 from bottoming out, giving up anything that could be considered a future asset (ie prospects or draft picks) I feel is probably I'll advised.
Jan. 29, 2020 at 6:11 p.m.
#LeafsFever
Quoting: ARIK7700
The question then is, have the ducks bottomed out or are they close to bottoming out. If the answer to that is yes, then I'll concede that premise (though I'm not totally convinced TOR is the answer to that). If they're still a year or even 2 from bottoming out, giving up anything that could be considered a future asset (ie prospects or draft picks) I feel is probably I'll advised.

I cannot see a world in which Manson makes it through the entirety of this deal with the Ducks. At some point, he's going to get moved, his age and skill set are the kind that makes him valuable, especially now, to competitive teams. Now, futures help everyone. I am not sure exactly where the Ducks are per say, but I know whether it's a slightly less strenuous retool (which doesn't always work) or scorched earth rebuild, this is going to take time. Having them acquired young NHL talent, if nothing else, moves up that timeline just a little bit because they are not waiting for as many roster spots to be drafted and developed internally. So, that's basically why I think this deal could work for both teams. Even with all that said, I think he ends up in Vegas.
Jan. 29, 2020 at 6:31 p.m.
I cannot see a world in which Manson makes it through the entirety of this deal with the Ducks. At some point, he's going to get moved, his age and skill set are the kind that makes him valuable, especially now, to competitive teams. Now, futures help everyone. I am not sure exactly where the Ducks are per say, but I know whether it's a slightly less strenuous retool (which doesn't always work) or scorched earth rebuild, this is going to take time. Having them acquired young NHL talent, if nothing else, moves up that timeline just a little bit because they are not waiting for as many roster spots to be drafted and developed internally. So, that's basically why I think this deal could work for both teams. Even with all that said, I think he ends up in Vegas.

I agree Manson's contract expires somewhere other than Anaheim. And with the way the kids they have up now performed, unless there is exceptional improvement next year by all of them this is going to take at least the length of Johnsson's current contract. That's why I feel any trade has to be Manson ( or anyone one else) only going out, regardless of where they're traded to.
Jan. 29, 2020 at 6:47 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
How does this make the Leaf better? Trading two wingers and getting one in return. Trading two Dmen and getting one in return.
Jan. 30, 2020 at 1:34 p.m.
GM Moe
@palhal your comment is easy, so i'll deal with it first: kreider is better than either Leafs winger, and given the emergence of the soup man and engvall, the Leafs are winger heavy and can afford to lose one or both of them for the right deal. re: the D, Dermott could be great - but hes an LD, and we already have Sandin and Rielly (and in this scenario I also envision them re-signing Muzzin). Manson is better than Dermott now, and may be just as good for the term of his contract. Finally, Ceci blows and you need to get his $$$ and overall suck off the team ASAP - so the two dmen for one doesnt really apply, as I'm not sure what Ceci does, but he barely plays D.
Jan. 30, 2020 at 2:02 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Mattymoe
@palhal your comment is easy, so i'll deal with it first: kreider is better than either Leafs winger, and given the emergence of the soup man and engvall, the Leafs are winger heavy and can afford to lose one or both of them for the right deal. re: the D, Dermott could be great - but hes an LD, and we already have Sandin and Rielly (and in this scenario I also envision them re-signing Muzzin). Manson is better than Dermott now, and may be just as good for the term of his contract. Finally, Ceci blows and you need to get his $$$ and overall suck off the team ASAP - so the two dmen for one doesnt really apply, as I'm not sure what Ceci does, but he barely plays D.

Sorry, you lose all creditability when you imply Ceci is incompetent. Take last night, Keefe has Ceci playing the last minute and half defending a one goal lead. Not Holl and Barrie. Gee Barrie never sees any PK time but of his defensive liability. Sure Ceci can be criticized but certainly on this site, it has largely been unjustified, just folks repeating what other are saying. And really has Manson been that good this year or even last year to deserve all that love he seems to get.
Besides you have conveniently put Reilly and Mikheyvov on the roster. Well Reilly isn't playing till mid March so the Leafs can't afford to lose any NHL Dmen and make the playoffs and Mikheyvov isn't returning till next year.
Jan. 31, 2020 at 10:52 a.m.
GM Moe
Quoting: palhal
Sorry, you lose all creditability when you imply Ceci is incompetent. Take last night, Keefe has Ceci playing the last minute and half defending a one goal lead. Not Holl and Barrie. Gee Barrie never sees any PK time but of his defensive liability. Sure Ceci can be criticized but certainly on this site, it has largely been unjustified, just folks repeating what other are saying. And really has Manson been that good this year or even last year to deserve all that love he seems to get.
Besides you have conveniently put Reilly and Mikheyvov on the roster. Well Reilly isn't playing till mid March so the Leafs can't afford to lose any NHL Dmen and make the playoffs and Mikheyvov isn't returning till next year.

LOL - I lose all credibility when I imply that a guy who is making $4.5 million to play largely inneffective minutes on the 3rd pair isn't good and shouldn't be on the team?

You, sir, have lost all credibility in defending Ceci so wholeheartedly.
Jan. 31, 2020 at 2:16 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Mattymoe
LOL - I lose all credibility when I imply that a guy who is making $4.5 million to play largely inneffective minutes on the 3rd pair isn't good and shouldn't be on the team?

You, sir, have lost all credibility in defending Ceci so wholeheartedly.

Try watch a Leaf game and you see that your statement about being third pairing Dman is so untrue. Ceci plays 20 minutes a night and is used on PK.
Doesn't really matter what Ceci's salary is.....right now he is needed. Only a fool what trade away two NHL Dman and get one in return when the Leafs are razor thin in NHL depth.
And Manson. It's 2020, and while he might be better than Ceci right now, Manson has slipped from a few years ago.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll