Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
PRO'S:
- Almost guaranteed TB will not match.

CON'S:
- High Cap Hit
- Takes Sergachev to UFA
- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Compensation Bracket

Did not make any other moves to show that MTL can make this deal without having to move salary.
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
3$850,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$700,000
3$5,500,000
2$700,000
1$700,000
1$900,000
2$700,000
3$1,866,667
1$700,000
1$825,000
5$8,454,870
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$750,000
1$1,750,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Veilleux, Yannick
2$700,000
Offer Sheets
Offer sheet annual average (AAV) is calculated by dividing the contract value by the lower of: 1. The contract length, or 2. Five years
PLAYERAAVCOMPENSATION
Sergachev, Mikhail$8,454,870
2021 1st round pick
2021 2nd round pick
2021 3rd round pick
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the STL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$78,575,346$0$425,000$2,924,654

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, RW
UFA
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 2
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$700,000$700,000
C
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$8,454,870$8,454,870
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 6
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,866,667$1,866,667
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 27, 2020 at 7:10 p.m.
What has Sergachev dont to get 2M more then Provorov?
Apr. 27, 2020 at 7:13 p.m.
Habs fan somehow
Why this option if clearly B is better?
Apr. 27, 2020 at 7:21 p.m.
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
What has Sergachev dont to get 2M more then Provorov?

He's been better than Provorov and can play both sides
Apr. 27, 2020 at 7:28 p.m.
Quoting: Boomer125
He's been better than Provorov and can play both sides

As a bolts fan I can guarantee you he is most certainly not better then Provorov
Apr. 27, 2020 at 7:32 p.m.
As a bolts fan I can guarantee you he is most certainly not better then Provorov

Everything I've seen says he is equal - I personally prefer Sergachev over Provorov, I believe his ceiling is higher
Apr. 27, 2020 at 7:43 p.m.
Go Bolts!!!

As a Lightning STM I would take him over Provorov. Younger, bigger, skates as well and to me has more upside he hasn't tapped plus he was rounding out nicely into his game the last two months of the season, was really breaking out before the stoppage. But no way in hell is he worth 8M.
Apr. 27, 2020 at 7:47 p.m.
Go Bolts!!!
If I could clone Mikhail Sergachev for @CaptainFlynnt and name him Pierre Bordeaux to play for the Habs... I would...wink
CaptainFlynnt liked this.
Apr. 27, 2020 at 8:01 p.m.
The real question remains, how much does Sergachev want to leave TB for and is Montreal A) a team that he would consider and B) the team that offers the best deal as opposed to Detroit OS for example?

I will be more than happy to get Sergachev back with the Habs but my honest gut feeling tells me, like Point before him, he won't even sign Mtl's offer to begin with.
stammerman and EzioUchiha liked this.
Apr. 27, 2020 at 11:30 p.m.

I'm not saying Mikhail Sergachev is the Thomas Chabot 2.0 but the kid is playing behind Hedman and McDonagh if he's on the LHD so they're a chance that without top min prevents him from showing his "true color". (Chabot didn't blossom until Karlsson left)
Apr. 27, 2020 at 11:40 p.m.
Quoting: EzioUchiha
I'm not saying Mikhail Sergachev is the Thomas Chabot 2.0 but the kid is playing behind Hedman and McDonagh if he's on the LHD so they're a chance that without top min prevents him from showing his "true color". (Chabot didn't blossom until Karlsson left)

He plays on the right of Hedman
Apr. 28, 2020 at 1:10 p.m.
Habs
Quoting: gm_jeanguy
Why this option if clearly B is better?

B is clearly better, but this one is pretty much guaranteed to work. Not only would TB not be able to match, Sergachev would probably have a hard time saying no to an offersheet like this.

I personally wouldn't do an offersheet like this, but I wanted to include it to show that the habs can get it done if they wanted to, and it is an option.
Apr. 28, 2020 at 1:12 p.m.
Habs
Quoting: stammerman
If I could clone Mikhail Sergachev for @CaptainFlynnt and name him Pierre Bordeaux to play for the Habs... I would...wink

I don't care what his name is, just give me a big strong young skilled dman and I'll forget all about Sergachev. Haha
Apr. 28, 2020 at 1:17 p.m.
Habs
Quoting: F50marco
The real question remains, how much does Sergachev want to leave TB for and is Montreal A) a team that he would consider and B) the team that offers the best deal as opposed to Detroit OS for example?

I will be more than happy to get Sergachev back with the Habs but my honest gut feeling tells me, like Point before him, he won't even sign Mtl's offer to begin with.

Point still got over $6M on a 3 year deal with TB. As it stands right now, assuming flat cap and no CBO. I don't know if TB can go over $4M / yr... so whether Sergachev wants to play for MTL or not I would think he would have a really hard time saying no to a ludicrous deal like this, $8.45M / yr. Personally option A or B would be amazing for MTL, but there is the arguement that Sergachev might not be interested in those. That's why we have offersheet C, if MTL really feels the need to acquire Sergachev then this would get it done. They might regret it, but they would get there guy.

Detroit was by far the worst team in the league this season. Offersheeting is pretty risky for them considering they will in all likelihood have a lottery pick again next year.
Apr. 28, 2020 at 4:29 p.m.
Quoting: CaptainFlynnt
Point still got over $6M on a 3 year deal with TB. As it stands right now, assuming flat cap and no CBO. I don't know if TB can go over $4M / yr... so whether Sergachev wants to play for MTL or not I would think he would have a really hard time saying no to a ludicrous deal like this, $8.45M / yr. Personally option A or B would be amazing for MTL, but there is the arguement that Sergachev might not be interested in those. That's why we have offersheet C, if MTL really feels the need to acquire Sergachev then this would get it done. They might regret it, but they would get there guy.

Detroit was by far the worst team in the league this season. Offersheeting is pretty risky for them considering they will in all likelihood have a lottery pick again next year.

Yeah I used Detroit but it doesn't have to be. Either way. I think the Habs will need to overspend to put themselves over everyone else and just to get Sergachev to consider it. If it gets up to the 8+ mil contracts, there are actually other players I would rather the Habs offersheet frankly. I feel if you throw that money at a player you better be getting "the guy". Im not convinced he is yet.
Apr. 28, 2020 at 5:18 p.m.
Habs
Yeah I used Detroit but it doesn't have to be. Either way. I think the Habs will need to overspend to put themselves over everyone else and just to get Sergachev to consider it. If it gets up to the 8+ mil contracts, there are actually other players I would rather the Habs offersheet frankly. I feel if you throw that money at a player you better be getting "the guy". Im not convinced he is yet.

To be honest I'm not sure either, but Sergachev has worked his way up TB's blueline to being their 2nd best D after Hedman. You look at Hedman, probably the best Dman in the NHL, and then you look at where he was at 21 yrs old vs where Sergachev is, and Sergachev is a pretty promising player.

The problem is you're gonna have to overpay for him and likely give him 5 yrs to where he will be a UFA, so is it really worth it? If you can resign him I guess it is, or you could flip him and get your assets back. Either way adding a player like Sergachev would be amazing.

Out of curiosity what other FA's would you want MTL to go for @ $8.45M? To me, TB is in the worst situation in the NHL cap wise right now, so I don't see how any other player could be acquired easier.
Apr. 28, 2020 at 6:36 p.m.
To be honest I'm not sure either, but Sergachev has worked his way up TB's blueline to being their 2nd best D after Hedman. You look at Hedman, probably the best Dman in the NHL, and then you look at where he was at 21 yrs old vs where Sergachev is, and Sergachev is a pretty promising player.

The problem is you're gonna have to overpay for him and likely give him 5 yrs to where he will be a UFA, so is it really worth it? If you can resign him I guess it is, or you could flip him and get your assets back. Either way adding a player like Sergachev would be amazing.

Out of curiosity what other FA's would you want MTL to go for @ $8.45M? To me, TB is in the worst situation in the NHL cap wise right now, so I don't see how any other player could be acquired easier.

My concern is how much is Serg a product of the team he plays on thus far? While he is by no means NOT someone I wouldn't want and he definitely talented, has he really earned the Subban treatment just yet? I don't think so. I feel if you try to get him at a cap that is above what TB can realistically can get, maybe 6M fine but going higher than that seems premature. Also for the comparison between Hedman, I mean yeah he might have taken longer to turn into the stud he is now but i don't necessarily think what Serg has achieved up to now is indication he'll be what Hedman is now.

I dunno, its tough. I feel Serg is an offensive dman who produces points but on the defensive side isn't as strong and if you are paying someone that much you need to get that defensive acumen also.

What about Vince Dunn? He certainly won't cost as much. Or wait till next year and see what you got first in Romanov and if you still need someone, check the RFA's next year.....Dahlin, Heiskanen, Hughes, Sanheim, etc

Either way, i would be glad to get Sergachev back anywhere between 5-6M but if you go into the 8.5M stratosphere, you are opening him up to some harsh criticism that i don't think he'll be up to the task for. The jump from TB to MTL is steep. Plus everything that happened with him and Weber last game, his remarks about Montreal and this management...... he's not being asked to give up millions of dollars for ever. Eventually TB will have the cap space to resign him to a proper contract and reward him like they've done with all their players. If its me, Im ok with taking a two year 3M contract in TB. Then renegotiate in two years when TB has had time to make more cap space.

Habs OS to Aho was in the right direction to target. He was already Carolina's top player and worthy of a huge over payment. Sergachev is good but im not convinced he has earned it yet. Throwing the world at someone who hasn't earned it yet IMO not only is unwise but creates problems in the dressing room. Throw that on top of all the other aspects of why I don't think it will work and I feel he is not the right target.
CaptainFlynnt liked this.
Apr. 28, 2020 at 8:04 p.m.
Habs
My concern is how much is Serg a product of the team he plays on thus far? While he is by no means NOT someone I wouldn't want and he definitely talented, has he really earned the Subban treatment just yet? I don't think so. I feel if you try to get him at a cap that is above what TB can realistically can get, maybe 6M fine but going higher than that seems premature. Also for the comparison between Hedman, I mean yeah he might have taken longer to turn into the stud he is now but i don't necessarily think what Serg has achieved up to now is indication he'll be what Hedman is now.

I dunno, its tough. I feel Serg is an offensive dman who produces points but on the defensive side isn't as strong and if you are paying someone that much you need to get that defensive acumen also.

What about Vince Dunn? He certainly won't cost as much. Or wait till next year and see what you got first in Romanov and if you still need someone, check the RFA's next year.....Dahlin, Heiskanen, Hughes, Sanheim, etc

Either way, i would be glad to get Sergachev back anywhere between 5-6M but if you go into the 8.5M stratosphere, you are opening him up to some harsh criticism that i don't think he'll be up to the task for. The jump from TB to MTL is steep. Plus everything that happened with him and Weber last game, his remarks about Montreal and this management...... he's not being asked to give up millions of dollars for ever. Eventually TB will have the cap space to resign him to a proper contract and reward him like they've done with all their players. If its me, Im ok with taking a two year 3M contract in TB. Then renegotiate in two years when TB has had time to make more cap space.

Habs OS to Aho was in the right direction to target. He was already Carolina's top player and worthy of a huge over payment. Sergachev is good but im not convinced he has earned it yet. Throwing the world at someone who hasn't earned it yet IMO not only is unwise but creates problems in the dressing room. Throw that on top of all the other aspects of why I don't think it will work and I feel he is not the right target.

Agreed with pretty much everything here, very valid points. For the record, I wouldn't do this offersheet but I wanted to include it as an option for people to discuss. I would do A or B, but like you said if Sergachev is patient he will get paid in TB so it may not be enough for Sergachev. I hope MTL at least inquires, because it would be a pretty big blow to a division rival if they somehow managed to steal him back.

The only thing I disagree with is the Weber thing, I wouldn't be worried about that. In an interview after the game Sergachev said he had a lot of respect for Weber for sticking up for his teammate (suzuki). That fight impressed me a lot with Sergachev, first of all the strength to wrestle with Weber and second of all the respect he showed afterwards. Really made me wish we still had this player in our organization.
Apr. 28, 2020 at 10:54 p.m.
Agreed with pretty much everything here, very valid points. For the record, I wouldn't do this offersheet but I wanted to include it as an option for people to discuss. I would do A or B, but like you said if Sergachev is patient he will get paid in TB so it may not be enough for Sergachev. I hope MTL at least inquires, because it would be a pretty big blow to a division rival if they somehow managed to steal him back.

The only thing I disagree with is the Weber thing, I wouldn't be worried about that. In an interview after the game Sergachev said he had a lot of respect for Weber for sticking up for his teammate (suzuki). That fight impressed me a lot with Sergachev, first of all the strength to wrestle with Weber and second of all the respect he showed afterwards. Really made me wish we still had this player in our organization.

lol if someone attempted to remove your head with his bear fists (not to be confused with bare fist) I'd be singing his praise too. laugh

Either way, that was two person bout and Weber was throwing "You are gonna be LTIR for life" type bombs at him, which luckily didn't hit because Weber frankly isn't the best fighter lol. That wasn't sticking up for your teammates. That was a passionate tilt that i think surprised Serg. Not sure he likes the kid anymore, let alone wants to play 25 mins a night next to him.

If everyone has a new respect for eachother and everything is water under the bridge, than by all means I'm cool with it. It then just comes down to is Sergachev really a 8-9M player? IMO he isn't and there are cheaper less costly players the Habs could get who may not be as flashy but may be effective enough to get us what we need.

If you are buying high, you better be getting prime grade quality. If you are the slightest unsure, then its a perfect sign to not do it. Not one single Habs fan was complaining about OS Aho for 8.5M......they were pissed MB didn't go higher. See the difference? (That is more a general statement, I know you explained already you wouldn't want to do the Serg 8.5 OS either)

I guess all I can really say is, I get a bad feeling about him and if the Habs do go OS someone, I want it to be a sure thing. I just don't feel Serg is a sure thing yet and not sure he ever will be.
Apr. 29, 2020 at 10:59 a.m.
Habs
lol if someone attempted to remove your head with his bear fists (not to be confused with bare fist) I'd be singing his praise too. laugh

Either way, that was two person bout and Weber was throwing "You are gonna be LTIR for life" type bombs at him, which luckily didn't hit because Weber frankly isn't the best fighter lol. That wasn't sticking up for your teammates. That was a passionate tilt that i think surprised Serg. Not sure he likes the kid anymore, let alone wants to play 25 mins a night next to him.

If everyone has a new respect for eachother and everything is water under the bridge, than by all means I'm cool with it. It then just comes down to is Sergachev really a 8-9M player? IMO he isn't and there are cheaper less costly players the Habs could get who may not be as flashy but may be effective enough to get us what we need.

If you are buying high, you better be getting prime grade quality. If you are the slightest unsure, then its a perfect sign to not do it. Not one single Habs fan was complaining about OS Aho for 8.5M......they were pissed MB didn't go higher. See the difference? (That is more a general statement, I know you explained already you wouldn't want to do the Serg 8.5 OS either)

I guess all I can really say is, I get a bad feeling about him and if the Habs do go OS someone, I want it to be a sure thing. I just don't feel Serg is a sure thing yet and not sure he ever will be.

True, I can say Weber seemed to be more upset with Sergachev than the other way around. So I wouldn't be concerned about Sergachev wanting to play with Weber, who knows how Weber feels about Sergachev (there is behind the scenes stuff we just never know about).

I'm sure Weber, being the type of character he is, would have no issues though.

So I think we agree we don't like offersheet C. Hypothetically do you think Offersheet A or B would work? Offersheet A is ideal, stealing Sergachev for only a 1st and 3rd and having his RFA rights still for his next contract would be a huge win. Offersheet B is probably more realistic.
Apr. 29, 2020 at 12:51 p.m.
True, I can say Weber seemed to be more upset with Sergachev than the other way around. So I wouldn't be concerned about Sergachev wanting to play with Weber, who knows how Weber feels about Sergachev (there is behind the scenes stuff we just never know about).

I'm sure Weber, being the type of character he is, would have no issues though.

So I think we agree we don't like offersheet C. Hypothetically do you think Offersheet A or B would work? Offersheet A is ideal, stealing Sergachev for only a 1st and 3rd and having his RFA rights still for his next contract would be a huge win. Offersheet B is probably more realistic.

It really comes down to how much it takes Serg to leave TB. TB can't afford to keep him unless major changes happen so it really is about Serg's mentality. My guess is he'd be happy with 6M+ a year. Anything less and I think he says "screw it, i'll just take a short term bridge with TB for whatever they can afford". I know TB has a history of getting their players to buy in. I suspect Cirelli, Cernak and Sergachev will all take less as long as they know the promise of a big term contract will come in a few years when TB can get rid of some contracts.

But to answer the question, if they can get Serg for option A or B I'm happy. I think the Habs will not be a bottom feeder next year with their recent addition plus other players taking steps forwards naturally so Im not worried about the picks. Pray to god they don't stink though.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll