SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

According to TVA Might Bergevin offer sheet Anthony Mantha

Team: 2019-20 Detroit Red Wings
Initial Creation Date: May 2, 2020
Published: May 2, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
So according to TVA Mantha could be an offer sheet candidate by Montreal's Marc Bergevin. Just curious what Bergevin would offer Mantha that Yzerman would't match. One assumes he easily matches anything up to $8.5 million per over 5 to 7 years. Basically anything over that you're looking at possibly 3 or 4 1st round picks. Go ahead Bergevin we dare you.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the DET
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the DET
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
Logo of the DET
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
29$81,500,000$77,892,280$145,000$2,467,500$3,607,720
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$4,250,000$4,250,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 4
$6,100,000$6,100,000
C
UFA - 4
$3,954,545$3,954,545
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$6,083,333$6,083,333
C
UFA - 2
$3,300,000$3,300,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$874,125$874,125
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
LW
UFA - 1
$3,850,000$3,850,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 3
$2,835,000$2,835,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$694,444$694,444 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
LW
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,150,000$1,150,000
C
UFA - 1
$759,167$759,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 3
$3,166,666$3,166,666
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000 (Performance Bonus$1,100,000$1M)
G
UFA - 1
$4,250,000$4,250,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD
UFA - 2
$825,000$825,000
RD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1
$775,833$775,833 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RD
RFA - 2
$714,166$714,166 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
RD
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 2, 2020 at 6:00 p.m.
Brace for the Storm
Edited May 2, 2020 at 7:17 p.m.
Dude dude dude dude dude...

TVA Sports is complete trash. They never get things right. Stop this.

They literally hired a few people that RDS wanted to get rid of because they were/still are complete garbage
Eldoser, Comrade, SevenLeg and 2 others liked this.
May 2, 2020 at 6:04 p.m.
Banned
Edited Sep. 23, 2020 at 12:49 p.m.
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward

TVA Spots is complete trash. They never get things right. Stop this.

They literally hired a few people that RDS wanted to get rid of because they were/still are complete garbage

I know it's made up BS i guess with the Coronavirus they're getting bored and obviously every French Canadian player is obviously linked to Montreal. Mantha isn't going anywhere and just to piss off Bergevin Yzerman would easily match anything he threw out there.
May 2, 2020 at 6:06 p.m.
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
I know it's made up BS i guess with the Coronavirus they're getting bored and obviously every French Canadian player is obviously linked to Montreal. Mantha isn't going anywhere and just to piss off Bergevin Yzerman would easily match anything he threw out there.

I just want Bergevin to do it and Mantha to use him just like Aho did last year
May 2, 2020 at 6:06 p.m.
Brace for the Storm

Yzerman is an actually great GM, unlike the guy the Habs are currently still calling their GM
May 2, 2020 at 6:23 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: bhavikp27
I just want Bergevin to do it and Mantha to use him just like Aho did last year

Me too that would be so hilarious.
May 2, 2020 at 6:24 p.m.
Banned
Yzerman is an actually great GM, unlike the guy the Habs are currently still calling their GM

Yup after the Aho debacle, Bergevin shouldn't be offer sheeting anyone.
May 2, 2020 at 6:25 p.m.
DET has so much salary opening up terrible team to try and offersheet
May 2, 2020 at 6:27 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Bluetomorrow83
DET has so much salary opening up terrible team to try and offersheet

I know Detroit and their close to $40 million cap space should be the last team you'd offer sheet their players, But Bergevin is probably stupid enough to try.
palhal liked this.
May 2, 2020 at 6:32 p.m.
I know Detroit and their close to $40 million cap space should be the last team you'd offer sheet their players, But Bergevin is probably stupid enough to try.

RW isn't even MTL biggest need atm.. its got to be Cirelli offer sheet if he tries it again
May 2, 2020 at 6:34 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Strange that Montreal would offer a team with cap. Might be much more successful to offer sheet a player on a cap hurting team. If I'm Mantha would hate to play in pressure cooker Montreal after being overpaid on RFA sheet and Habs giving up picks. Habs should find better value with UFAs or cap strapped teams willing to trade players cheaply.
May 2, 2020 at 6:41 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: palhal
Strange that Montreal would offer a team with cap. Might be much more successful to offer sheet a player on a cap hurting team. If I'm Mantha would hate to play in pressure cooker Montreal after being overpaid on RFA sheet and Habs giving up picks. Habs should find better value with UFAs or cap strapped teams willing to trade players cheaply.

Yup couldn't say it any better myself, Bergevin needs to go after cash strapped Tampa, Not tons of cash Detroit. That's just asking for trouble. But then again TVA is a royal joke anyways. I doubt Bergevin would be crazy enough to even entertain an offer sheet on Mantha.
May 2, 2020 at 7:09 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: palhal

Yup couldn't say it any better myself, Bergevin needs to go after cash strapped Tampa, Not tons of cash Detroit. That's just asking for trouble. But then again TVA is a royal joke anyways. I doubt Bergevin would be crazy enough to even entertain an offer sheet on Mantha.

Hey everybody must call down! There was no rumors or such thing as Bergevin will offersheet Mantha. The actual true thing, is that there a Tv show cal JIC at Tva sport where he discuss many subject and he had a survey about which forward the Montreal fan would like to see received a offer sheet. That the real story. So you can continue denigrate Bergevin if you want but that have nothing to do with the reality. That was only a survey on a Tv show.

And by the way Bergevin might not be the flashiest Gm but he did a very decent job managing this team. You think that Yzerman is so great but look a the mest he leave in Tampa. 74 millions commited to 15 players and on top of that he gave Ntc and Nmc to almost any of those players. That doesn’t seem so good. So before bashing around about Bergevin you should look at is trade resume. He is building a very you g talented team at the moment, but yes he isn’t perfect he made some dumb move like every other gm in that league. Drouin for Sergachev, Alzner signing where extremely bad but he also traded Dale Weise and Fleishman for Danault and Romanov, Galchenyuk for Domi, Subban for Weber when all the hockey world where criticizing him 3 years later he was where and he knew that Subban would be a problem. He got a amazing return for Pacioretty, probably a bit lucky on that one since Tatar have turn out great but still he have made some very good trade.
SevenLeg liked this.
May 2, 2020 at 7:16 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
RW isn't even MTL biggest need atm.. its got to be Cirelli offer sheet if he tries it again

Center is not our biggest need anymore and we already have Danault as a two-way center
May 2, 2020 at 7:19 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Quoting: Sebybbq
Hey everybody must call down! There was no rumors or such thing as Bergevin will offersheet Mantha. The actual true thing, is that there a Tv show cal JIC at Tva sport where he discuss many subject and he had a survey about which forward the Montreal fan would like to see received a offer sheet. That the real story. So you can continue denigrate Bergevin if you want but that have nothing to do with the reality. That was only a survey on a Tv show.

And by the way Bergevin might not be the flashiest Gm but he did a very decent job managing this team. You think that Yzerman is so great but look a the mest he leave in Tampa. 74 millions commited to 15 players and on top of that he gave Ntc and Nmc to almost any of those players. That doesn’t seem so good. So before bashing around about Bergevin you should look at is trade resume. He is building a very you g talented team at the moment, but yes he isn’t perfect he made some dumb move like every other gm in that league. Drouin for Sergachev, Alzner signing where extremely bad but he also traded Dale Weise and Fleishman for Danault and Romanov, Galchenyuk for Domi, Subban for Weber when all the hockey world where criticizing him 3 years later he was where and he knew that Subban would be a problem. He got a amazing return for Pacioretty, probably a bit lucky on that one since Tatar have turn out great but still he have made some very good trade.

I love how Bergevin is constantly proving haters wrong. He's making underrated trades that often end up being steals. I've said multiple times that the responsibles are Timmins and the scouting team
May 2, 2020 at 7:20 p.m.

The wrong part of your comment is that I only can like once. But, in all fairness, the TVA dude didn't bring a rumor or any knowledge about Mantha. He just said what he thinks the Habs GM should/could do with a twitter poll asking Habs fans.

https://www.tvasports.ca/2020/04/28/offre-hostile-lattaquant-que-doit-cibler-bergevin
May 2, 2020 at 7:25 p.m.
Quoting: SevenLeg
Center is not our biggest need anymore and we already have Danault as a two-way center

You had him when he made the last offersheet.. Cirelli has potential to be #1C Danault is filling in alright but shouldn't be relied on to hold that position when better suited as a #2C
May 2, 2020 at 7:29 p.m.
Banned
I love how Bergevin is constantly proving haters wrong. He's making underrated trades that often end up being steals. I've said multiple times that the responsibles are Timmins and the scouting team

I do not agree about Timmins! Like Bergevin he made a couple of bad selection especially in first round but not all of them where is fault. You seem to forget that Sergachev was not traded by Timmins and that Mcdonagh either. Louis Leblanc was not is pick since he loved Kreider at that time but we ( Quebecois ) would shut Leblanc name in the building. That our fault if we had left him do is job this wouldn’t have happened. Mccaron and Sherbak lets not talk about them. But overall he did a very devent job and especially i the last 3 season who he garnish the Prospect pool.
May 2, 2020 at 7:30 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
You had him when he made the last offersheet.. Cirelli has potential to be #1C Danault is filling in alright but shouldn't be relied on to hold that position when better suited as a #2C

The offersheet was made before we knew how good Suzuki is at center. We already have Danault-Suzuki-Domi as our first three centers. If an offersheet was to be made, it would be for a LD or RD
Pharow liked this.
May 2, 2020 at 7:33 p.m.
Banned

We have Suzuki (who had similar production then Cirelli but in is first season and playing 20 games at the start of the season on the fourth line on the wing) and Kotkaniemi who is only 19 years old and who had a very good first season. Both have potential to be 1 center.
SevenLeg liked this.
May 2, 2020 at 7:34 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
I do not agree about Timmins! Like Bergevin he made a couple of bad selection especially in first round but not all of them where is fault. You seem to forget that Sergachev was not traded by Timmins and that Mcdonagh either. Louis Leblanc was not is pick since he loved Kreider at that time but we ( Quebecois ) would shut Leblanc name in the building. That our fault if we had left him do is job this wouldn’t have happened. Mccaron and Sherbak lets not talk about them. But overall he did a very devent job and especially i the last 3 season who he garnish the Prospect pool.

Il y a eu une reprise au cours des trois dernières saisons, je l'avoue, mais si tu regardes les choix de première ronde entre McDonagh/Pacioretty et Sergachev, ça fait dur. On n'a pas assez développé de joueurs de calibre LNH au cours des 10 dernières années en comparaison avec les autres équipes et les fautifs sont Timmins et Lefebvre. Une chance que Bergevin est là pour compenser
Pharow liked this.
May 2, 2020 at 7:35 p.m.
Banned
The offersheet was made before we knew how good Suzuki is at center. We already have Danault-Suzuki-Domi as our first three centers. If an offersheet was to be made, it would be for a LD or RD

Don’t forget about Kotkaniemi he still is 19 years old. He was still in the 4 youngest players in the league this years.
May 2, 2020 at 7:39 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Don’t forget about Kotkaniemi he still is 19 years old. He was still in the 4 youngest players in the league this years.

Yes I was talking about this season and KK was mostly in Laval. Suzuki and Domi can play wing once KK is fully ready
Pharow liked this.
May 2, 2020 at 7:44 p.m.
Banned
Il y a eu une reprise au cours des trois dernières saisons, je l'avoue, mais si tu regardes les choix de première ronde entre McDonagh/Pacioretty et Sergachev, ça fait dur. On n'a pas assez développé de joueurs de calibre LNH au cours des 10 dernières années en comparaison avec les autres équipes et les fautifs sont Timmins et Lefebvre. Une chance que Bergevin est là pour compenser

Comme tu l’as si bien dit on a pas développer! Je crois pas que le problème se situait tellement au niveau de Timmins ou Bergevin mais si tu regardes le club ecole lors des 10 dernière saison c’est extrêmement décourageant. On a eu notre lot de malchance aussi Martin Reway etait tout un prospect, il avait un poteau immense mais on connait la suite, meme chose avec Tim Bozon qui n’a plus jamais été le meme après son hospitalisation. Mais oui il y a eu un manque au niveau talent. On a voulu suivre la tendance des gros club quand Bergevin est arrivé, quand notre identité etait la vitesse. Pour conclure je crois que Joel Bouchard vas développer les jeunes de la bonnes manière. Il a deja eu un certain succes avec Jake Evans, et a fait un bon travail avec Josh Brook cette saison! Ca première moitié de saison a été horrible mais Joel a continuer a le faire jouer et il etait un des meilleurs defenseur du Rocket avant l’ interruption.
SevenLeg liked this.
May 2, 2020 at 7:54 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain
Comme tu l’as si bien dit on a pas développer! Je crois pas que le problème se situait tellement au niveau de Timmins ou Bergevin mais si tu regardes le club ecole lors des 10 dernière saison c’est extrêmement décourageant. On a eu notre lot de malchance aussi Martin Reway etait tout un prospect, il avait un poteau immense mais on connait la suite, meme chose avec Tim Bozon qui n’a plus jamais été le meme après son hospitalisation. Mais oui il y a eu un manque au niveau talent. On a voulu suivre la tendance des gros club quand Bergevin est arrivé, quand notre identité etait la vitesse. Pour conclure je crois que Joel Bouchard vas développer les jeunes de la bonnes manière. Il a deja eu un certain succes avec Jake Evans, et a fait un bon travail avec Josh Brook cette saison! Ca première moitié de saison a été horrible mais Joel a continuer a le faire jouer et il etait un des meilleurs defenseur du Rocket avant l’ interruption.

Exact, on a trop compté sur les joueurs autonomes et les échanges aux dépens du développement. Heureusement, ça commence à changer.
Pharow liked this.
May 2, 2020 at 8:02 p.m.
Banned
Exact, on a trop compté sur les joueurs autonomes et les échanges aux dépens du développement. Heureusement, ça commence à changer.

Je crois surtout que l’année que Bergevin est arrivé l’équipe venait de finir en bas de classement. Ils ont eu du succès l’année suivante chose qui n’aurait pas du arrivé. Si il avait échangé Plekanec a l’époque, Gionta, Emelin et fait le plein de choix on pourrait etre dans une situation complètement différente. On aurait pu avoir la chance de repêcher un Mackinon ou un Barkov en 2013 et peut etre avoir d’autre choix de première ronde dans un excellent draft.
SevenLeg liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll