Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 2
$3,200,000$3,200,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
RFA - 1
$1,550,000$1,550,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$821,667$821,667
LW, RW
RFA - 4
$800,000$800,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,125,000$4,125,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 18, 2020 at 11:36 a.m.
Banned
Do you know anything about Lizotte?
May 18, 2020 at 11:36 a.m.
You do realize Hamonic has never played a full NHL seasons and is hurt a lot
May 18, 2020 at 11:42 a.m.
Quoting: Bf3351

If you are driving at that package being a little weak..... yes. Yes it is. Every piece the Kings could use, but Lizotte, really, I would project as a 50-60 point two way player. For Blake to listen, I think it starts with a Kapanen.
May 18, 2020 at 11:43 a.m.
XXX
Leafs would never do that LA trade.. Not spending mid-6 forward, top-4 D, mid-6 F prospect and 4th rounder for 3C.. also Kerfoot costs at least a 2nd. Id say 2nd+
May 18, 2020 at 11:55 a.m.
Quoting: Boomer125
You do realize Hamonic has never played a full NHL seasons and is hurt a lot

Well the way he plays the game inherently leads to a few man games lost.... Typically plays on around 70 games a year, which would make signing Hamonic worth it.

My issue may lie in the contract itself. I am not about to suggest Hamonic isn't worth the money - but hear me out folks.

This is an unsually deep pool of FAs on the blueline this year, and a few studs are obviously in that mix. Been giving thought on how the Pietrangelo's and Krug's will get paid in a flat cap world. I see this top group getting paid. Hamonic is great, but not part of that group.

So how much money is left? I don't know if we can answer that. But messing around with a number of teams, just filling out a roster whose 4th line doesn't look like an AHL line is a challenge.... and that's without adding a guy like Hamonic who under regular circumstances is worth that $4 million. These are not normal circumstances.

If Hamonic wants to get paid, his options really are LA, Ottawa, New Jersey with honourable mention to Philly and Montreal who don't need him at all.

He is the right guy for Reilly. No question. But I think a 2 year deal at around $3 million just might work too. There just isn't enough caproom at the moment fornteams to compete that hard for his services.
nics6ix liked this.
May 18, 2020 at 11:59 a.m.

The deal for Lizotte is actually near even. Past the second line, LA has no one to fill in at the wings. Vilardi will be a quality centre in a year or two, Amadeo is hopeful, and Anderson-Dolan will be a decent top 9 guy. Johnsson would step in immediately and be on the second line, Travis Dermott will be2nd best Defencemne on the team AND is only 23 years old, Abramov will become most likely LA's second-best forward outside of the top 12, and a 4th round picks to top it off. Blake Lizotte will be a good young player, but LA's needs are much greater than the importance of a 2nd line centreman
May 18, 2020 at 12:04 p.m.
Quoting: swinny
Well the way he plays the game inherently leads to a few man games lost.... Typically plays on around 70 games a year, which would make signing Hamonic worth it.

My issue may lie in the contract itself. I am not about to suggest Hamonic isn't worth the money - but hear me out folks.

This is an unsually deep pool of FAs on the blueline this year, and a few studs are obviously in that mix. Been giving thought on how the Pietrangelo's and Krug's will get paid in a flat cap world. I see this top group getting paid. Hamonic is great, but not part of that group.

So how much money is left? I don't know if we can answer that. But messing around with a number of teams, just filling out a roster whose 4th line doesn't look like an AHL line is a challenge.... and that's without adding a guy like Hamonic who under regular circumstances is worth that $4 million. These are not normal circumstances.

If Hamonic wants to get paid, his options really are LA, Ottawa, New Jersey with honourable mention to Philly and Montreal who don't need him at all.

He is the right guy for Reilly. No question. But I think a 2 year deal at around $3 million just might work too. There just isn't enough caproom at the moment fornteams to compete that hard for his services.

100% agree. I just thought as a right-shot defenceman who has already played an important top 4 role nearly his entire careers an obvious fit for Rielly's D partner. In the world right now I do not think he will make the $4 mill offered, but I gave it to him to make this situation theoretically logical and seeing (with a flat cap) what the offence might look like if Hamonic asks for $4 mil.
May 18, 2020 at 12:07 p.m.
Quoting: nics6ix
100% agree. I just thought as a right-shot defenceman who has already played an important top 4 role nearly his entire careers an obvious fit for Rielly's D partner. In the world right now I do not think he will make the $4 mill offered, but I gave it to him to make this situation theoretically logical and seeing (with a flat cap) what the offence might look like if Hamonic asks for $4 mil.

Makes sense. Aim high!

I am 100% certain that had you signed Hamonic for $3 million over 1 or 2 years, people would be coming out of the woodwork saying he gets more lol. Notice that with posts singing Hall for $7 million. He won't be signijg for that long term, but if he wants a shot at the prize he will be. Sooooo many don't get it.
nics6ix liked this.
May 18, 2020 at 12:11 p.m.
In Pridham we trust
I'd rather give Dermott a shot in top 4 than sign Hamonic.

Hamonic = Polak in near future. 83 hits in last 119 games, he can't even play physical anymore. He looked way better in his first season in Calgary then last year.

23 yo Dermott @ $2M >>> 29 yo extremely injury prone Hamonic @ $4M.
May 18, 2020 at 12:26 p.m.
Quoting: Barilko14
I'd rather give Dermott a shot in top 4 than sign Hamonic.

Hamonic = Polak in near future. 83 hits in last 119 games, he can't even play physical anymore. He looked way better in his first season in Calgary then last year.

23 yo Dermott @ $2M >>> 29 yo extremely injury prone Hamonic @ $4M.

Hits are one of the most subject stats in the NHL! In one rink you could Scott Stevens someone and not get credit, in an other fart in the general direction of the opposition and get credit.

I am not about to disagree with your Polak comparison a couple years from now, but ya just can't use the "hits stat" to support that thought. Might even be worth thinking about if Hamonic's game has become more efficient and positional over laying someone out - like a Bouwmeester (who until the cardiac incident played around 20 minutes a game).
May 18, 2020 at 12:33 p.m.
In Pridham we trust
Hits are one of the most subject stats in the NHL! In one rink you could Scott Stevens someone and not get credit, in an other fart in the general direction of the opposition and get credit.

I am not about to disagree with your Polak comparison a couple years from now, but ya just can't use the "hits stat" to support that thought. Might even be worth thinking about if Hamonic's game has become more efficient and positional over laying someone out - like a Bouwmeester (who until the cardiac incident played around 20 minutes a game).

He was throwing over 200 hits per year for a stretch in his career. I'm sure the majority of Leaf fans on here would be intrigued by the thought of Hamonic providing more of physical presence then Dermott in the Top 4. I used hits as an example of injuries taking a toll on his game, as this isn't prime years Hamonic the Leafs would be signing to term and a sizeable caphit.

Personally I'd also be terrified by the fact that when he was paired with Leddy (before Leddy's decline) his final season in NY he had by far his worst season of his last several years, so I'm not going to just assume that he's coming in as the perfect partner for Rielly. So if he doesn't pair well with Rielly, then he's Ceci Rd 2 making big $$ to be on our 3rd pair and PK.

I'll be absolutely shocked if Hamonic is still an effective dman 3 years from now.

Also, IMO I think Dermott would be a better option with this team this season. More mobile, better puck mover, more physical, and cheaper to top it off.
May 18, 2020 at 1:14 p.m.
Banned
If you are driving at that package being a little weak..... yes. Yes it is. Every piece the Kings could use, but Lizotte, really, I would project as a 50-60 point two way player. For Blake to listen, I think it starts with a Kapanen.

He is a 4th line center dude.
May 18, 2020 at 1:23 p.m.
Banned
The deal for Lizotte is actually near even. Past the second line, LA has no one to fill in at the wings. Vilardi will be a quality centre in a year or two, Amadeo is hopeful, and Anderson-Dolan will be a decent top 9 guy. Johnsson would step in immediately and be on the second line, Travis Dermott will be2nd best Defencemne on the team AND is only 23 years old, Abramov will become most likely LA's second-best forward outside of the top 12, and a 4th round picks to top it off. Blake Lizotte will be a good young player, but LA's needs are much greater than the importance of a 2nd line centreman

Ok, you obviously don't know anything about the Kings. I love it when a Leafs fan tries to school me on my own team.

1. Lizotte is a 4th line center.

2. Ever heard of Tobias Bjornfot or Michael Anderson? Both will be in the lineup next season. I anticipate MacDermid and Clague sharing the 7th and 8th spot. If Kings acquire any other LHD it's going to be a veteran. Hutton, Green, or someone else. Otherwise they'll just rotate Big Mac and Clague. Aka no need for Dermott who hasn't shown he's any more than a 3rd pair defenseman.

3. Kings will keep Lizotte and either fill wing up with Free Agents or in house.

4. Kings don't need a 2nd line centerman when they have Vilardi, Turcotte, and Anderson-Dolan who will all likely make the team out of training camp.

5. Amadio is not hopeful, he is a 13th forward barely capable of holding on to a 4th line spot.

6. What the hell does best forward out of the top 12 mean? Scratch player or AHLer?
May 18, 2020 at 2:30 p.m.
Ok, you obviously don't know anything about the Kings. I love it when a Leafs fan tries to school me on my own team.

1. Lizotte is a 4th line center.

2. Ever heard of Tobias Bjornfot or Michael Anderson? Both will be in the lineup next season. I anticipate MacDermid and Clague sharing the 7th and 8th spot. If Kings acquire any other LHD it's going to be a veteran. Hutton, Green, or someone else. Otherwise they'll just rotate Big Mac and Clague. Aka no need for Dermott who hasn't shown he's any more than a 3rd pair defenseman.

3. Kings will keep Lizotte and either fill wing up with Free Agents or in house.

4. Kings don't need a 2nd line centerman when they have Vilardi, Turcotte, and Anderson-Dolan who will all likely make the team out of training camp.

5. Amadio is not hopeful, he is a 13th forward barely capable of holding on to a 4th line spot.

6. What the hell does best forward out of the top 12 mean? Scratch player or AHLer?

Not sure I understand your point here. Are you saying I overpaid in order to get Lizotte? You keep saying he is 4th line center but then you back up the Kings like they have a prospect pool to win the cup. Are you saying that Lizotte is better than Johnsson, Dermott, Abramov and a 4th or are you telling me I overpaid for your 4th line center
May 18, 2020 at 2:44 p.m.
Banned
Not sure I understand your point here. Are you saying I overpaid in order to get Lizotte? You keep saying he is 4th line center but then you back up the Kings like they have a prospect pool to win the cup. Are you saying that Lizotte is better than Johnsson, Dermott, Abramov and a 4th or are you telling me I overpaid for your 4th line center

I'm correcting you on everything you think you know about the Kings. I'm saying the trade doesn't make sense. We like Lizotte, is he a 3rd, 2, or 1st line center now or in the future? No. Do the Kings want Johnsson, Dermott, or Abramov? No. We do not need or want them. We have many defensemen better than Dermott named Doughty, Walker, Roy, Bjornfot, and Anderson. I'd rather play MacDermid or Clague over Dermott anyway. It does not make sense.

No the Kings don't have the ability to win a cup, but don't underestimate them either. I'm sure you aware of how good Kopitar still is, but after that we have Vilardi who got 8 points in 10 games and could possibly get 60 next year. Then we have JAD and Turcotte who will likely have good rookie seasons. Brown and Doughty are still good. Frk is decent. Iafallo was on pace for over 50 points. I wouldn't be surprised if the Kings aren't far from a wild card spot. The rebuild is half over and in 4 years we sure can be a contender again if Blake takes his head out of his ass.
May 18, 2020 at 2:46 p.m.
Banned
I'm correcting you on everything you think you know about the Kings. I'm saying the trade doesn't make sense. We like Lizotte, is he a 3rd, 2, or 1st line center now or in the future? No. Do the Kings want Johnsson, Dermott, or Abramov? No. We do not need or want them. We have many defensemen better than Dermott named Doughty, Walker, Roy, Bjornfot, and Anderson. I'd rather play MacDermid or Clague over Dermott anyway. It does not make sense. Left wing will most likely be Iafallo, Turcotte, Kempe, and Moore so no need for Johnsson. Only issue is 2RW which can easily be filled by signing Granlund or Hoffman.

No the Kings don't have the ability to win a cup, but don't underestimate them either. I'm sure you aware of how good Kopitar still is, but after that we have Vilardi who got 8 points in 10 games and could possibly get 60 next year. Then we have JAD and Turcotte who will likely have good rookie seasons. Brown and Doughty are still good. Frk is decent. Iafallo was on pace for over 50 points. I wouldn't be surprised if the Kings aren't far from a wild card spot. The rebuild is half over and in 4 years we sure can be a contender again if Blake takes his head out of his ass.
May 18, 2020 at 7:22 p.m.
He is a 4th line center dude.

Mmmm...... I think you have more than a 4th liner there. Selling him short.

He was tracking for a 30 point year, which makes him a 3rd line player on most teams in the NHL.... and this really is his rookie season. His stat line in NCAA look and aweful lot like an Eric Cole - but lacks the size to be a power foward by true definition. I suggest given an increased role, you have a decent 2nd line option or a fantastic 3rd line guy when his game rounds out.

He is 4th line in Kings-land because he is behind a number of prospect that, well, are just better. But to suggest he is nothing more than 4th line fodder maybe a strech. Like people saying Kapanen is a 3rd liner because he is buried. Fact is, he produces in the top 6.

If that's the case, the Leafs move a 3rd rounder for him and run. Hard to get a 3rd rounder for a 4th liner..... had to package Clifford with Campbell to get a 2nd and conditional pick.
May 18, 2020 at 7:26 p.m.

I think he is assessing the talent here based on the Kings fantastic depth at centre. I see Lizotte as a possible 2nd line option, but one helluva 3rd line anchor. His trajectory to this point I think supports the thought process.
May 18, 2020 at 7:36 p.m.
Banned
Mmmm...... I think you have more than a 4th liner there. Selling him short.

He was tracking for a 30 point year, which makes him a 3rd line player on most teams in the NHL.... and this really is his rookie season. His stat line in NCAA look and aweful lot like an Eric Cole - but lacks the size to be a power foward by true definition. I suggest given an increased role, you have a decent 2nd line option or a fantastic 3rd line guy when his game rounds out.

He is 4th line in Kings-land because he is behind a number of prospect that, well, are just better. But to suggest he is nothing more than 4th line fodder maybe a strech. Like people saying Kapanen is a 3rd liner because he is buried. Fact is, he produces in the top 6.

If that's the case, the Leafs move a 3rd rounder for him and run. Hard to get a 3rd rounder for a 4th liner..... had to package Clifford with Campbell to get a 2nd and conditional pick.

Watch Lizotte. Don't just look at his stats. There are plenty of 4Cs that have put up 30 points. Sure, he can fill in at 3C during injuries. Saying he could be a 2nd line center is a massive stretch. Again watch him, he is the imagine of a perfect 4th line center.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll