Forums/Armchair-GM

NYR Trade

Created by: NickC1988
Team: 2016-17 Anaheim Ducks
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 25, 2016
Published: Aug. 25, 2016
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
NYR has way too many forwards and the Ducks need a solid top 6 left winger that doesn't necessarily have to be elite. Kreider fits the ducks fast, heavy style and Buch brings serious skill. The rangers strengthen their top four with McD Girardi
Lindholm Klein
Trades
NYR
    Hampus Lindholm
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the ANA
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    22$73,000,000$68,755,000$0$0$4,245,000
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    $4,625,000$4,625,000
    LW
    UFA - 4
    $8,250,000$8,250,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $8,625,000$8,625,000
    RW
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $925,000$925,000
    LW, RW, C
    UFA - 3
    $6,875,000$6,875,000
    C, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $3,750,000$3,750,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 3
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $1,750,000$1,750,000
    C, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $900,000$900,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $675,000$675,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,600,000$1,600,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $900,000$900,000
    RW
    UFA - 2
    $637,500$637,500
    RW, C
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 2
    $2,437,500$2,437,500
    LD/RD
    UFA - 4
    $2,300,000$2,300,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    $3,700,000$3,700,000
    RD
    UFA - 5
    $825,000$825,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $4,150,000$4,150,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333
    LD/RD
    UFA - 2
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    RD
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $3,250,000$3,250,000
    LD
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Aug. 25, 2016 at 2:02 p.m.
    alwaysnextyear
    Hard pass from the Ducks
    Aug. 25, 2016 at 2:03 p.m.
    Banned
    You can get Fowler for that but not Lindholm
    Aug. 25, 2016 at 2:05 p.m.
    Chicago
    That's overpay for Fowler who has yet to show his potential.
    Aug. 25, 2016 at 2:07 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: NickC1988
    That's overpay for Fowler who has yet to show his potential.

Yes it is but was just saying you aren't getting Lindholm.
    Aug. 25, 2016 at 2:08 p.m.
    Really depends on how good Buchnevich will be guys. If he turns into a Evgeni Kuznetsov then I'm sorry, I make that trade in a heart beat. As of right now, I'd keep Lindholm but if Buchnevich shines in his first year and the deal was still offered, I'd make it.

Quoting: DirtyDangles
    You can get Fowler for that but not Lindholm

Close but no cigar. One of either Buchnevich or Kreider for Fowler works for both teams value wise but not both. That is a huge over payment other wise.
    Aug. 25, 2016 at 2:12 p.m.
    Banned
    I really don't think Kreider is a first line player.
    Aug. 25, 2016 at 2:18 p.m.
    Tspky
    hard pass from a ranger fan.. HARD pass. not giving up buchnevich.
    Aug. 25, 2016 at 2:19 p.m.
    Out
    Quoting: Spanky227

Then have fun with Staal and Girardi! #blessed
    Aug. 25, 2016 at 2:20 p.m.
    Chicago
    I see I hit a nerve on this site, I like that.
    Aug. 25, 2016 at 2:21 p.m.
    Chicago
    Quoting: DirtyDangles
    I really don't think Kreider is a first line player.

Anyone can be a top liner. Richard Panik played with Toews and Kane last postseason and did really well. Kreider is probably a second liner but playing next to Getzlaf and Perry makes it easy to transition to the top line.
    Aug. 25, 2016 at 2:25 p.m.
    As a Bruins fan, I would love my mother F'n mind if the Rangers pulled this off and the B's didn't top it.
    Aug. 25, 2016 at 2:45 p.m.
    Tspky
    Quoting: Peterman
    Quoting: Spanky227

Then have fun with Staal and Girardi! #blessed

I love how everyone on this site devalues ranger players and completely overvalues their own. Rangers will not give up their top prospect and a top six winger for a top 4 d man that's a lefty. Especially when they just signed kreider. they would've made this trade when he was an RFA if anything. rangers already have mcdonagh and skjei on the left along with holden, staal and graves (for the future). Rangers need a right handed defenseman since their current best option is klein. You must be forgetting how AV likes his D-pairs. Gorton has done a great job this offseason and has one more thing to do. Add a Rh D
    dogboy1 liked this.
    Aug. 25, 2016 at 3:04 p.m.
    Rangers R nice
    Edited Aug. 25, 2016 at 3:14 p.m.
    lmao who's that buddy up there that thinks Fowler is worth this trade?
    Fowler is horrid. Using #FancyStats he's pretty much just as bad as Girardi. His only redeeming quality is that he can sometimes put up a few points and that he's faster than G. Otherwise, he is a possession dud that hemorrhages shots like a stabbed artery. I would maybe trade a depth player or a low pick for Fowler, based solely on the hopes that he "turns it around."

No way I'd trade a top 6 forward and our best Offensive prospect for Fowler.
    Aug. 25, 2016 at 4:17 p.m.
    Quoting: dogboy1
    Fowler is horrid. Using #FancyStats he's pretty much just as bad as Girardi. His only redeeming quality is that he can sometimes put up a few points and that he's faster than G. Otherwise, he is a possession dud that hemorrhages shots like a stabbed artery. I would maybe trade a depth player or a low pick for Fowler, based solely on the hopes that he "turns it around."

See that's the problem. (In regards to the over putting down of Fowler, not the trade itself) While I can agree that Fowler may not be as good as what generally people think of by his offensive production but this over utilization of #Fancystats goes to show how bad people are actually using them. He is not nearly as bad as you are making him out to be. It's vice versa for people with Lindholm. People who don't look at any possession numbers will think that he is being over valued for a dman that scored 28 pts last year.

We really need to be a little more balanced with our assessments of player value based off one "ideology" or the other. The advanced statisticians who only look at those numbers as a reference of making their decisions are just as bad as the "old boy's club" type GM'ing that Bones20 so frivolously bestowed on me. Whatever side you gravitate to, balance is where you'll find a true understanding of player value.

Advanced stats may be the newest resource of determining players value but it's not the sole one.
    Aug. 25, 2016 at 4:25 p.m.
    Rangers R nice
    you're right, I was definitely being too harsh on Fowler, and I agree that we should balance it a little bit between #FancyStats and #Grit & #EyeTest. However, I still think that this would be a gross overpayment for Fowler, especially since NYR already have 2 rock-steady LHD and 2 average ones. No room for him on this team.

Meanwhile, ANA has two top-pairing RHD's in Manson and Vatanen, then they have Holzer who can be a serviceable 3rd pair guy, then Montour and Guenin in the pipeline. Definitely have to think that they could send one of those guys (pref not Holzer) to NYR.
    Aug. 25, 2016 at 4:37 p.m.
    you're right, I was definitely being too harsh on Fowler, and I agree that we should balance it a little bit between #FancyStats and #Grit & #EyeTest. However, I still think that this would be a gross overpayment for Fowler, especially since NYR already have 2 rock-steady LHD and 2 average ones. No room for him on this team.

Meanwhile, ANA has two top-pairing RHD's in Manson and Vatanen, then they have Holzer who can be a serviceable 3rd pair guy, then Montour and Guenin in the pipeline. Definitely have to think that they could send one of those guys (pref not Holzer) to NYR.

Oh don't get me wrong, Fowler isn't worth that return. I'm totally in acceptance of that. Its just you made it sound like he wasn't worth a 3rd rounder. Which pretty much every over the top stat junkie likes to do. Not everything is quantifiable through CF% and possession. With that said, you got some people on the other side of the spectrum who still think Stempniak is a top line player because he scored 50+ pts last year.......
    Aug. 25, 2016 at 4:46 p.m.
    Quoting: F50marco

Oh don't get me wrong, Fowler isn't worth that return. I'm totally in acceptance of that. Its just you made it sound like he wasn't worth a 3rd rounder. Which pretty much every over the top stat junkie likes to do. Not everything is quantifiable through CF% and possession. With that said, you got some people on the other side of the spectrum who still think Stempniak is a top line player because he scored 50+ pts last year.......

You didn't just take a shot at Stempniak. Very advance stat guy hates you now. lol
    Aug. 25, 2016 at 4:48 p.m.
    Quoting: bones20

You didn't just take a shot at Stempniak. Very advance stat guy hates you now. lol

Lol

Jesus, i thought i was taking a shot at "old boys club" type thinkers to be honest with you!
    Aug. 25, 2016 at 4:54 p.m.
    Rangers R nice

Lol

Jesus, i thought i was taking a shot at "old boys club" type thinkers to be honest with you!

lmao there's no winning. everyone hates everyone.
    Aug. 25, 2016 at 4:54 p.m.

Lol

He is an advanced stat stud. I think he is regressing as he ages and is right now a good 3rd liner on a playoff team.
    Aug. 25, 2016 at 5:11 p.m.

See that's the problem. (In regards to the over putting down of Fowler, not the trade itself) While I can agree that Fowler may not be as good as what generally people think of by his offensive production but this over utilization of #Fancystats goes to show how bad people are actually using them. He is not nearly as bad as you are making him out to be. It's vice versa for people with Lindholm. People who don't look at any possession numbers will think that he is being over valued for a dman that scored 28 pts last year.

We really need to be a little more balanced with our assessments of player value based off one "ideology" or the other. The advanced statisticians who only look at those numbers as a reference of making their decisions are just as bad as the "old boy's club" type GM'ing that Bones20 so frivolously bestowed on me. Whatever side you gravitate to, balance is where you'll find a true understanding of player value.

Advanced stats may be the newest resource of determining players value but it's not the sole one.

Fowler had his worst NHL season. Is he as bad as those number he put up... no his career has showing he isn't. His career has also shown that he is best used as a number 4 dmen. Not bottom pairing but also not someone you want out their 20+ mins a game. He is being misused with the ducks and last year when Lindholm and manson took over the first pair mins and duties his numbers started to rebound as well as lindholms and the scoring forwards numbers also increasing. If you trade and value fowler like a 4 dmen maybe a 3 if you are dealing with injuries hes fine.
    Aug. 25, 2016 at 5:54 p.m.

Fowler had his worst NHL season. Is he as bad as those number he put up... no his career has showing he isn't. His career has also shown that he is best used as a number 4 dmen. Not bottom pairing but also not someone you want out their 20+ mins a game. He is being misused with the ducks and last year when Lindholm and manson took over the first pair mins and duties his numbers started to rebound as well as lindholms and the scoring forwards numbers also increasing. If you trade and value fowler like a 4 dmen maybe a 3 if you are dealing with injuries hes fine.

I can agree everything you've said here. Regarding his worst season, is it safe to say his injury had something to do with it?

lmao there's no winning. everyone hates everyone.

Lol agreed.
    Aug. 28, 2016 at 11:36 a.m.
    Banned
    That gets you Fowler, Not Lindholm. Doubt the Rangers have the pieces to get Lindholm honestly.
    Aug. 29, 2016 at 12:51 p.m.
    Rangers R nice
    Quoting: RedWingFan56
    That gets you Fowler, Not Lindholm. Doubt the Rangers have the pieces to get Lindholm honestly.

once again, that's a massive overpayment for Fowler. You're right, doesn't get you Lindholm (and honestly people are silly to think ANA is going to trade him), but that's a massive overpayment for Fowler.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll