Forums/Armchair-GM

Blackhawks Offseason

Created by: mac2033
Team: 2020-21 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 6, 2020
Published: Aug. 6, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Fire Stan and Colliton into the sun, hire Gerard Gallant, sit back and watch the wins pile up
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,750,000
1$1,150,000
3$5,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$3,500,000
1$3,000,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Byfield, Quinton
3$925,000
Trades
CHI
  1. 2020 1st round pick (LAK)
Additional Details:
#2 Pick: Quinton Byfield
LAK
  1. Boqvist, Adam
  2. Kurashev, Philipp
  3. Nylander, Alexander
  4. Strome, Dylan [RFA Rights]
  5. 2020 1st round pick (CHI)
  6. 2021 2nd round pick (CHI)
Additional Details:
#10-20 Pick
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$73,598,472$1,090,244$3,350,000$7,901,528
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$6,400,000$6,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C, RW
RFA - 2
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 2
Byfield, Quinton
$925,000$925,000
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 3
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 2
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 4
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$880,833$880,833
LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 6, 2020 at 3:34 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Don’t we have to give JC at least a little credit for coaching this team to 2-1 series lead to the oilers?

Also NO from the kings.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 3:37 p.m.
FireStan
Quoting: Stan_Bowman
Don’t we have to give JC at least a little credit for coaching this team to 2-1 series lead to the oilers?

Also NO from the kings.

Yes, Colliton requires some credit, despite some questionable last change decisions last night and the whole John Quenneville thing from Tuesday night. However, they need a coach who's seasoned and semi-represents what Q did for the team.

Regarding the Kings, are they looking for that franchise piece? What else would be needed for them to accept?
Aug. 6, 2020 at 3:45 p.m.
The rumor is JC is getting fired if we lose to the oilers. If we win, who really knows. But Stan isn’t going anywhere. Danny wirtz even said so last week. So whether we like it or not we’re stuck with Stan. However, I still hope JC gets fired no matter what. There’s logical way someone can tell me this series anything to do with his coaching. As it stands, the hawks are only here because of a worldwide tragedy. Just get rid of JC and hire a real NHL coach.
mac2033 liked this.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 3:55 p.m.
LA obviously declines but nothing about trading Boqvist leads to "wins pileing up"
Aug. 6, 2020 at 3:58 p.m.
Quoting: HatterTParty
The rumor is JC is getting fired if we lose to the oilers. If we win, who really knows. But Stan isn’t going anywhere. Danny wirtz even said so last week. So whether we like it or not we’re stuck with Stan. However, I still hope JC gets fired no matter what. There’s logical way someone can tell me this series anything to do with his coaching. As it stands, the hawks are only here because of a worldwide tragedy. Just get rid of JC and hire a real NHL coach.

Where did you hear this?
Aug. 6, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.
FireStan
Quoting: ChiHawk
Where did you hear this?

There've been multiple reports substantiating Stan quietly signing a pricey extension last offseason, however, it's expected he might be given a new role within the organization and relieved of his GM duties. Regarding Colliton, I think rumor has it he's going to be canned regardless of playoff performance.

Edit:
I will also add that Danny gave John McDonagh a vote of confidence at the beginning of quarantine, only to fire him weeks later. So, not to knock Danny on being a man of his word, but who knows if he'll stay true to his word regarding Stan.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 4:03 p.m.
Where did you hear this?

Source in the organization
Aug. 6, 2020 at 4:04 p.m.
Quoting: mac2033
There've been multiple reports substantiating Stan quietly signing a pricey extension last offseason, however, it's expected he might be given a new role within the organization and relieved of his GM duties. Regarding Colliton, I think rumor has it he's going to be canned regardless of playoff performance.

I've read the Stan reports, however the Colliton reports I've heard nothing or read nothing about. I listen to a couple Hawks podcasts a week and subscribe to the Athletic plus read a few more websites....haven't seen or heard anything like it besides on a podcast wild speculation for the sake of debating it.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 4:06 p.m.
Source in the organization

Your source or a journalist's source?

I find it hard to believe as the players finally bought into the system and we are seeing a team from January on that is wildly different then the team that started the season October-January. Even the Athletic had an article on it this morning and quoting multiple players saying the same.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 4:12 p.m.
FireStan

I find it hard to believe as the players finally bought into the system and we are seeing a team from January on that is wildly different then the team that started the season October-January. Even the Athletic had an article on it this morning and quoting multiple players saying the same.

Players aren't going to publicly bash their coach. I think the Hawks with Gallant or Laviolette-type the past 1-1/2 years are much better than they were.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 4:24 p.m.
Players aren't going to publicly bash their coach. I think the Hawks with Gallant or Laviolette-type the past 1-1/2 years are much better than they were.

Laz and Powers aren't talking about it and they tend to be the most accurate insiders

2 of mine, one who’s job I can’t reveal for reasons you can imply, and the other a former employee. Now, the former employee is the one who always tells me Dach reminds him of draisital, which I love giving him **** for cuz Dach can’t and won’t shoot. But he knows his stuff regardless. The former source is the one who told me of the hawks trading for maatta to get open the door to get Dach.

As for JC, I’m with Mac, players ain’t gonna bash their coach, but bowman will gladly make him look like the problem. Hawks fans on this site always like to preach “one goal” and “win now” and if that’s the case shut the hell up on JC. He doesn’t win you a cup. As it stands, the hawks are still not in Colorado, St. Louis, or Dallas’ league divisionally speaking. So maybe this discussion really is for nought.
Yes, Colliton requires some credit, despite some questionable last change decisions last night and the whole John Quenneville thing from Tuesday night. However, they need a coach who's seasoned and semi-represents what Q did for the team.

Regarding the Kings, are they looking for that franchise piece? What else would be needed for them to accept?

The only things that the Kings are "missing" in their prospect pool are (1) a franchise piece and (2) a RD to eventually supplant Doughty as the teams cornerstone minutes-eating defenseman. At this point in the rebuild, the Kings are going to go by the "Quality over quantity" adage. As such, anything they would look for in return from Chicago for Byfield starts with Dach and adds. They don't care about Strome/Kurashev as they are already packed with center prospects to fill out 2C/3C/4C in the future, or Nylander because they don't need a reclamation project on his third team who would need to be protected at the expansion draft. Boqvist and Ian Mitchell would interest the Kings, but Boqvist doesn't really fit the profile the Kings would be looking for and I don't think Mitchell has the ceiling to make the move justifiable on the Kings end.

It's just not a trade that makes sense for either side. You take your future #1C, we'll take ours, and we'll meet again in the playoffs three years down the road and have the 2023 version of Kopitar vs Toews. Byfield vs Dach will be fun to watch 3 times a year as is until they both reach the playoffs again. Should be a fun time!
Aug. 6, 2020 at 4:56 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
2 of mine, one who’s job I can’t reveal for reasons you can imply, and the other a former employee. Now, the former employee is the one who always tells me Dach reminds him of draisital, which I love giving him **** for cuz Dach can’t and won’t shoot. But he knows his stuff regardless. The former source is the one who told me of the hawks trading for maatta to get open the door to get Dach.

As for JC, I’m with Mac, players ain’t gonna bash their coach, but bowman will gladly make him look like the problem. Hawks fans on this site always like to preach “one goal” and “win now” and if that’s the case shut the hell up on JC. He doesn’t win you a cup. As it stands, the hawks are still not in Colorado, St. Louis, or Dallas’ league divisionally speaking. So maybe this discussion really is for nought.

No one is going to believe this right?
Aug. 6, 2020 at 5:01 p.m.

Soapbox Hatter you are back! Nobody is preaching anything other then it is clear this team is retooling on the fly to compete in the next year or two. JC's system is working...the results show that, no need to listen to what players I agree, but Laz and Powers are very well respected and tend to be pretty accurate and they also believe the players are buying in....again the results are showing.

Now, if someone said a year ago or even at the last All Star break JC is losing his job...would make sense. However, saying that now given what they've accomplished in the last 40 games, their record is pretty good and would have been plenty to get into the playoffs had they not had a crappy first 3 months where the players weren't buying in and the system wasn't working.

All said, JC isn't the problem in mind...although I don't think he's a good coach....he's below average but the real problem is Bowman...the guy sucks and should have been showed the door along with McDonut
Aug. 6, 2020 at 5:28 p.m.
Edited Aug. 6, 2020 at 5:33 p.m.
Soapbox Hatter you are back! Nobody is preaching anything other then it is clear this team is retooling on the fly to compete in the next year or two. JC's system is working...the results show that, no need to listen to what players I agree, but Laz and Powers are very well respected and tend to be pretty accurate and they also believe the players are buying in....again the results are showing.

Now, if someone said a year ago or even at the last All Star break JC is losing his job...would make sense. However, saying that now given what they've accomplished in the last 40 games, their record is pretty good and would have been plenty to get into the playoffs had they not had a crappy first 3 months where the players weren't buying in and the system wasn't working.

All said, JC isn't the problem in mind...although I don't think he's a good coach....he's below average but the real problem is Bowman...the guy sucks and should have been showed the door along with McDonut

Okay, we got a middle ground here. I agree bowman is a big problem. Absolutely, no doubt. However, let me level with you. At this moment, yes, I’d say JC’s system is working. 5v5 is trucking along. Here’s where, if you don’t mind, I just deviate a little: JC doesn’t do the little things very well to me. His in game adjustments just don’t seem to impact the game a great deal. Kane being double shifted doesn’t Kane either. If I’m off base there, please let me know. His system has been working, but I don’t believe it will work against better defenses.

I just don’t know and am not convinced at all that his coaching savvy gets the team closer to the finish line. He’s got them going, but I think it kinda more to do with the months off paying off huge.

EDIT: Also, unless them buying into the system is a sign, I still am not convinced he’s a great man manager.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 5:28 p.m.
No one is going to believe this right?

Oh Stan, I love when you and your dad get insecure. 😂
Aug. 6, 2020 at 6:53 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Oh Stan, I love when you and your dad get insecure. 😂

I would say I love reading your rants and wild stories, but when it builds up in these long threads I just skim and laugh. Link me a post where you predicted the Maatta trade.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 7:19 p.m.
I would say I love reading your rants and wild stories, but when it builds up in these long threads I just skim and laugh. Link me a post where you predicted the Maatta trade.

I wasn’t on capfriendly when that happened, lol. Even then, I wouldn’t predict it, just site a rumor, lol. Seriously, one of these days I wanna know if you’re really stan. 🤣
Aug. 6, 2020 at 7:41 p.m.
FireStan
Okay, we got a middle ground here. I agree bowman is a big problem. Absolutely, no doubt. However, let me level with you. At this moment, yes, I’d say JC’s system is working. 5v5 is trucking along. Here’s where, if you don’t mind, I just deviate a little: JC doesn’t do the little things very well to me. His in game adjustments just don’t seem to impact the game a great deal. Kane being double shifted doesn’t Kane either. If I’m off base there, please let me know. His system has been working, but I don’t believe it will work against better defenses.

I just don’t know and am not convinced at all that his coaching savvy gets the team closer to the finish line. He’s got them going, but I think it kinda more to do with the months off paying off huge.

EDIT: Also, unless them buying into the system is a sign, I still am not convinced he’s a great man manager.

His in-game moves infuriate me. That was Q's best quality was in-game adjustments, dude just knew when a line or pairing wasn't clicking and would change it up immediately. Seems like Colliton struggles there along with seeming to be a little bit passive in the way he talks about his players to the media.
HatterTParty liked this.
Aug. 6, 2020 at 8:55 p.m.
No thanks

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll