Forums/Armchair-GM

A Better Strome

Created by: SuprDave45
Team: 2020-21 New York Rangers
Initial Creation Date: Aug. 11, 2020
Published: Aug. 23, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Danault is good on faceoffs, something lacking for the Rangers. He is essentially a more well rounded version of Strome.

Rangers also get back into the 2nd round.

Montreal gets 3 pieces that plug into their lineup immediately. Buchnevich instantly upgrades the offense at RW and is the most obvious reason for pulling the trigger. Strome takes Danault's slot. Though admittedly not as good as Danault, the gap between the two is small and Strome is more than capable of filling the void. Montreal has kids at C that they like, Strome is a bridge to those players.
Hajek is potentially the biggest sleeper and upgrade in the deal, as on the left side Montreal's D is sorely lacking.

A wild card in Andersson. It's possible he stays in Sweden and doesn't amount to anything NHL related. Or, it's possible that with a clean slate he decides to give the NHL another go, in a town that looks much more like Sweden than NY does. If it happens, the deal goes from balanced to a clear winner for Montreal, if it doesn't..no skin off Montreal's back by taking a chance on him. No matter which is the case, it's becoming more and more obvious that NY is not in the cards for Andersson.

3rd rounder takes some of the sting out of the loss of the 2nd rounder.

Roster moves...
Kreider moves over to the RW to free up top 6 minutes for LaFreniere. Top 2 lines each have a kid on them, and two vets to carry the load. If Laffy and Kakko do their parts? Lots of firepower!

Final 6 forward spots are full of competition. With 9 players in the mix, everything is up for grabs, best man wins!!!

Assuming Chytil's 3rd line gets protected minutes, allowing him to grow into the defensive side of the game. So long as Kravtsov can deliver on all that talent and their LW is responsible, it should be an interesting thing to watch them grow. They could be a liability and the line eventually needs to be blown up, or they could leverage their first round talent and dominate other teams 3rd lines.

Howden gets the first crack at 4C, He's definitely still a question mark, but the Rangers have to give him an opportunity to prove exactly what he is (and isn't). Barron would have to really impress to take the 4C from Howden, but we can always hope.

Gettinger gets a look, you never know. A guy with his size and ability on the defensive side of the game absolutely needs to be given an opportunity to hit!
Gauthier and Lemieux (along with Kravtsov) are absolute sleepers for this team imo, nobody is talking about them! Both will be pushing for 3rd line minutes with tempo and physical play. Results should absolutely be rewarded!

Brassard is a nice, affordable insurance policy for the entire 3rd line and Howden.. he has a lot of experience and can play anywhere in the lineup. His familiarity with the organization makes his acclimation and impact instant.

Perreault is the 1st from Carolina. A long shot to make the lineup straight out of the draft, but he's a nice pick at 21! The hope is one day he and Chytil are fighting it out for 2C.

Staal was bought out (finally!), however there is ample cap to keep him on if so desired (please no!). This is an important year for players to get through, and eventually past their growing pains so that the following season is all about the playoffs. Keeping Staal around just gets in the way of important playing time for the younger D men coming through the system, both with the big club and in Hartford. If Miller isn't playing minutes with the Rangers, he's in the way of Robertson (and possibly Zach Jones) in Hartford.

Lindgren starts the season as Trouba's partner. He has the balls to be up to the task, and has earned the opportunity coming off of last year. Remember, they used Smith and Hajek last season as Trouba's partner...no way Lindgren does worse! If all goes as planned however, the season ends with Miller moving up to 1LD, and the Rangers have their long sought after top pair set for years (we pray!).

Lindgren (now with even more confidence) regroups with Fox and make a fantastic 2nd pair.

Reunanen (in my humble opinion) is a better Hajek, making Libor expendable. Smooth skating puck mover, he brings offense but isn't a mess in his own end. Most certainly more physical than Hajek, he pairs with DeAngelo. Smith, mostly kept around as insurance (in favor of Staal because of his ability to play both sides on D as well as chip in as a forward), is a scratch by mid season because Reunanen impresses...eventually Smith is waived.

Hank retires :tear:
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,500,000
2$4,250,000
2$950,000
2$4,250,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$1,250,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Lafreniere, Alexis
3$925,000
Jacob, Perreault
3$925,000
Trades
NYR
  1. Danault, Phillip
  2. 2020 2nd round pick (CHI)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
Logo of the NYR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
24$81,500,000$70,422,300$0$9,345,000$11,077,700
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Lafreniere, Alexis
$925,000$925,000
Logo of the New York Rangers
$5,350,000$5,350,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LW
NMC
UFA - 7
$11,642,857$11,642,857
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,650,000$3M)
RW
RFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$350,000$350K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
C, LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
RW
UFA - 1
LW, RW
RFA - 3
Jacob, Perreault
$925,000$925,000
$730,000$730,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
LD
RFA - 1
$8,000,000$8,000,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LD
RFA - 3
RD
UFA - 2
$809,167$809,167 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LD
RFA - 2
$4,250,000$4,250,000
RD
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,350,000$4,350,000
LD/RD, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,500,000$1,500,000
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Aug. 23, 2020 at 10:31 p.m.
That doesn’t get you Danault
Aug. 23, 2020 at 10:44 p.m.
Quoting: Sagecoll
LOL

Quoting: KINGS67
That doesn’t get you Danault

...that's it? lol riveting!

Danault: 339 games 50g 125a = 175p = .516 ppg
Strome: 491 games 95g 159a = 254p = .517 ppg
Both 27, both C's, both 1st rounders,
Strome is an RFA, but can't gain his UFA for another 2 seasons...whereas Danault is free to walk after next season.

I openly admitted Danault is better, I would not bother to argue something that isn't clearly true, it's the entire reason for the deal on the Rangers end. But the gap isn't that great between them. By all means, give me evidence to the contrary.

And the rest of the pieces in the deal?? Buchnevich doesn't significantly increase Montreal's offense? Hajek isn't a potential upgrade over the guys Montreal ran out there this season?

lets talk!
Aug. 23, 2020 at 10:58 p.m.
Quoting: SuprDave45

Strome is an RFA, but can't gain his UFA for another 2 seasons...whereas Danault is free to walk after next season.

I openly admitted Danault is better, I would not bother to argue something that isn't clearly true, it's the entire reason for the deal on the Rangers end. But the gap isn't that great between them. By all means, give me evidence to the contrary.

And the rest of the pieces in the deal?? Buchnevich doesn't significantly increase Montreal's offense? Hajek isn't a potential upgrade over the guys Montreal ran out there this season?

lets talk!

I'll start by staying I don't watch the NYR much or know much about the team/players.

MTL has LD prospects so unless Hajek can be a partner for Weber (which I don't think so, I could be wrong), he doesn't really help. Buchnevich 100% helps MTL's offense (Im a big fan of his so I might be biased) but I dont think MB wants to bring in someone with Andersson personality issues.
Aug. 23, 2020 at 11:08 p.m.
Rangers 2023

lets talk!

Strome actually hits UFA in 1 year, I actually had the idea of deangelo over strome
Aug. 23, 2020 at 11:24 p.m.
Nick
Danault is a Selke contender. He is amazing defensively and is good for 55 points. Strome could very well be a product of Panarin. He wouldn’t be traded unless MTL gets a quality piece.
LumberJacques and KINGS67 liked this.
Aug. 23, 2020 at 11:43 p.m.

lets talk!

People might think higher of Strome if he could do something without Panarin or Tavares holding his hand. His ppg goes down to about 0.426 without them. Just by removing his last season his ppg goes down to 0.463 so that's quite the asterisk.

I also think you are vastly overvalueing Hajek. If he can't play above Staal or Smith in the lineup I doubt he'd be of much help to MTL.
KINGS67 and SlafCaufZuki liked this.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 12:33 a.m.
Ok let start by reversing the tables on you a bit if you want Danault it starts with 1st OVA! Danault will not be moved for a fair package. He is one of the best 2 way centers in the league and likely finishes top 10 in Selke voting.
SlafCaufZuki liked this.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 4:31 a.m.

lets talk!

oh you're misinterpreting my comment. Danault's a rental and thus a terrible target for the Rangers who have way too much dead cap to be a cup contender next season.

Add to that Buch has had almost double Danault's on-ice value the last 2 season and the trade gets bad fast really fast:

Screen-Shot-2020-08-24-at-4-29-22-AM

You're going to want to reconsider how you evaluate Buch, he's a very very good player.

The trade kinda works if you drop Buch and the 2nd and swap Danault for Domi.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 9:28 a.m.
Quoting: LumberJacques
People might think higher of Strome if he could do something without Panarin or Tavares holding his hand. His ppg goes down to about 0.426 without them. Just by removing his last season his ppg goes down to 0.463 so that's quite the asterisk.

I also think you are vastly overvalueing Hajek. If he can't play above Staal or Smith in the lineup I doubt he'd be of much help to MTL.

Fair points, we could debate the Strome thing but I certainly can't say there isn't merit to the argument. But again, I don't deny which player is better...this is why Buchnevich is in the deal.

As for Hajek, he was playing first pair before he was injured. While I don't think it's fair to say that means he's a first pair guy, I does speak to what the Rangers believe his talent level is. Yes, he has to prove that, but in the event that he comes close to that...he and Buchnevich easily push the trade in Montreal's favor.

I completely understand the value being placed on Danualt, I wouldn't be offering a trade for him if it weren't valid. Any counter offers?
Aug. 24, 2020 at 9:46 a.m.
Fair points, we could debate the Strome thing but I certainly can't say there isn't merit to the argument. But again, I don't deny which player is better...this is why Buchnevich is in the deal.

As for Hajek, he was playing first pair before he was injured. While I don't think it's fair to say that means he's a first pair guy, I does speak to what the Rangers believe his talent level is. Yes, he has to prove that, but in the event that he comes close to that...he and Buchnevich easily push the trade in Montreal's favor.

I completely understand the value being placed on Danualt, I wouldn't be offering a trade for him if it weren't valid. Any counter offers?

I'd counter with dropping the 2nd from MTL as well as Hajek and Andersson from NYR in favor of a 1st going to MTL.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 9:52 a.m.
Edited Aug. 24, 2020 at 10:17 a.m.
oh you're misinterpreting my comment. Danault's a rental and thus a terrible target for the Rangers who have way too much dead cap to be a cup contender next season.

Add to that Buch has had almost double Danault's on-ice value the last 2 season and the trade gets bad fast really fast:

Screen-Shot-2020-08-24-at-4-29-22-AM

You're going to want to reconsider how you evaluate Buch, he's a very very good player.

The trade kinda works if you drop Buch and the 2nd and swap Danault for Domi.

I like it, thanks for clarifying! But...your comment was "LOL", can you blame me for misinterpreting? lol

I am not sure that Danault offers any more of an obstacle to resign than Strome does. Yes, he does have control over himself at contracts end vs Strome does not at the moment...but I think that's something that can be worked out before the deal. If he doesn't express a desire to stick around (which why wouldn't he want to stick with the Rangers?), then yeah I would agree he isn't the correct target.

But if he does, he fits the mold of what the Rangers need. Defensively focused, faceoff winning, who isn't inept on offense. With the Wingers the Rangers will deploy with him, and Mika..Danault would likely be able to achieve what Strome has offensively, while being an upgrade in other areas.

I don't deny Buch's value at all, I agree that he is a very good player. But being that someone has to be moved as far as wingers, tell me who should be moved in his place? Especially since Kreider now cannot be moved. Strome and pieces would not net a player that moves the needle for the Rangers. Conversely, any center that fits what the Rangers need is either going to cost, or isn't available. Hence maybe overpaying by including Buch.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 10:01 a.m.
Quoting: HabsFuture
I'll start by staying I don't watch the NYR much or know much about the team/players.

MTL has LD prospects so unless Hajek can be a partner for Weber (which I don't think so, I could be wrong), he doesn't really help. Buchnevich 100% helps MTL's offense (Im a big fan of his so I might be biased) but I dont think MB wants to bring in someone with Andersson personality issues.

Thanks for that!

I also have to admit I don't make a habit of watching Montreal's games, I just catch whatever is being shown on TV.

Hajek doesn't project as a 1LD, definitely not. But in looking over who Montreal sent out last season, outside of Mete..I don't see anyone who has the upside that Hajek would present. Let's just say he under-achieves and lands at 3LD on the team...he's the third piece in the deal. Buch is the main carrot, and Strome at this point in time also has more value. If he hits 2LD which is where I would expect his talent levels out, even better!

i realize that Danault is good, but it wouldn't be a balanced trade if one side gets 3 top tier players in exchange for 1 top tier player..there has to be a win and lose on both sides for the trade to work.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 10:02 a.m.
Quoting: Campabee
Ok let start by reversing the tables on you a bit if you want Danault it starts with 1st OVA! Danault will not be moved for a fair package. He is one of the best 2 way centers in the league and likely finishes top 10 in Selke voting.

I am all for a counter..but come on lol
Aug. 24, 2020 at 10:15 a.m.
Quoting: Ragsandbluesfan
Strome actually hits UFA in 1 year, I actually had the idea of deangelo over strome

Yes, that's my mistake. I mixed up his info with DeAngelo when I bridged him.

I also thought of DeAngelo, but kind of felt like DeAngelo and Buchnevich is an overpayment. DeAngelo is a 24 year old 60+ point RHD under RFA control, their cost is insane to acquire.

However...if that got it done, I wouldn't cry. Fox and DeAngelo are interchangeable for the Rangers, and space eventually needs to be made for Lundkvist.

Buch is a casualty of just having too many of the same type of player on the roster (not his fault!). Mostly play makers who shoot second (with the exception of Kreider and maybe Kakko). You aren't moving Panarin or Kakko, can't move Kreider, need space for Lafreniere..and the rest of the wingers don't have enough value yet to make the trade work. Sorry Buch!
Aug. 24, 2020 at 10:21 a.m.
Rangers 2023
Yes, that's my mistake. I mixed up his info with DeAngelo when I bridged him.

I also thought of DeAngelo, but kind of felt like DeAngelo and Buchnevich is an overpayment. DeAngelo is a 24 year old 60+ point RHD under RFA control, their cost is insane to acquire.

However...if that got it done, I wouldn't cry. Fox and DeAngelo are interchangeable for the Rangers, and space eventually needs to be made for Lundkvist.

Buch is a casualty of just having too many of the same type of player on the roster (not his fault!). Mostly play makers who shoot second (with the exception of Kreider and maybe Kakko). You aren't moving Panarin or Kakko, can't move Kreider, need space for Lafreniere..and the rest of the wingers don't have enough value yet to make the trade work. Sorry Buch!

deangelo is UFA in 3 years
Aug. 24, 2020 at 10:22 a.m.
Quoting: Ragsandbluesfan
deangelo is UFA in 3 years

So if you move a season forward here with the capfriendly site, and bridge Strome...he's STILL RFA at contract end lol.

Strome is indeed at least 27, and has played the required 7 seasons.

The same would be true of DeAngelo, when he turns 27 in 3 years.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 10:23 a.m.
Rangers 2023
So if you move a season forward here with the capfriendly site, and bridge Strome...he's STILL RFA at contract end lol. Unless there's a bug in their setup...

It always shows their current expiry, not what it would be after the contract you sign them to
Aug. 24, 2020 at 10:26 a.m.
So if you move a season forward here with the capfriendly site, and bridge Strome...he's STILL RFA at contract end lol.

Strome is indeed at least 27, and has played the required 7 seasons.

The same would be true of DeAngelo, when he turns 27 in 3 years.

Then there's the bug! Thanks for pointing that out.

Gotta do the math on the rule ourselves then.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 10:30 a.m.
I like it, thanks for clarifying! But...your comment was "LOL", can you blame me for misinterpreting? lol

I am not sure that Danault offers any more of an obstacle to resign than Strome does. Yes, he does have control over himself at contracts end vs Strome does not at the moment...but I think that's something that can be worked out before the deal. If he doesn't express a desire to stick around (which why wouldn't he want to stick with the Rangers?), then yeah I would agree he isn't the correct target.

But if he does, he fits the mold of what the Rangers need. Defensively focused, faceoff winning, who isn't inept on offense. With the Wingers the Rangers will deploy with him, and Mika..Danault would likely be able to achieve what Strome has offensively, while being an upgrade in other areas.

I don't deny Buch's value at all, I agree that he is a very good player. But being that someone has to be moved as far as wingers, tell me who should be moved in his place? Especially since Kreider now cannot be moved. Strome and pieces would not net a player that moves the needle for the Rangers. Conversely, any center that fits what the Rangers need is either going to cost, or isn't available. Hence maybe overpaying by including Buch.

No one has to be moved as far as wingers. The only players that really have to be moved for the development of other players are Strome, Trouba and Howden.

Strome blocks Chytil from getting into the top 6 for as long as he's here
Trouba blocks Fox or Deangelo from getting into the top 4 and Nils from getting into the lineup
Howden has a negative effect on pretty much anyone he's on a line with.

So you have a choice with Strome. Either you trade him for a 3C and a pick (Think young and cost controlled like Faksa, Jost, Kerfoot, Copp, etc etc), or you deal him for picks/prospects, and then try and bundle that and the 1st you should get for Trouba to get essentially your future Zibanejad replacement 1C, whether that's Cirelli or Nylander.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 11:05 a.m.
No one has to be moved as far as wingers. The only players that really have to be moved for the development of other players are Strome, Trouba and Howden.

Strome blocks Chytil from getting into the top 6 for as long as he's here
Trouba blocks Fox or Deangelo from getting into the top 4 and Nils from getting into the lineup
Howden has a negative effect on pretty much anyone he's on a line with.

So you have a choice with Strome. Either you trade him for a 3C and a pick (Think young and cost controlled like Faksa, Jost, Kerfoot, Copp, etc etc), or you deal him for picks/prospects, and then try and bundle that and the 1st you should get for Trouba to get essentially your future Zibanejad replacement 1C, whether that's Cirelli or Nylander.

And here I thought we were agreeing lol!

Strome is just a stopgap, I agree. It would be nice if he took 3C money and kept Chytil's (or a more capable 2C who gets brought in) spot warm, but that ain't gonna happen.

I don't agree however, that he is holding up Chytil's development. He isn't ready to compete as a 2C, he'd be on the losing end of that the majority of the season, and it would hurt his growth overall. On faceoffs alone, he's even worse than Strome...by a significant amount! He'd have much more responsibility and no protection blanket being the 2C. His line would be pinned in on the regular, and that would really hurt the production of Panarin and the growth of Kakko! He just hasn't proven that he is a true NHL center...plain and simple. He absolutely deserves the chance to prove that...but at 2C the team would move backwards if he fails.
The following season? If he makes strides under protected minutes at 3C, then I am all for it! He should be used as 3C, the ENTIRE upcoming season...none of this LW flip flopping...let him audition for the job.

Strome's contract situation is the real issue, because the timeline doesn't match up with Chytil being ready for 2C. I am really not sure what can be done about it, like you said. You either deal him for a different safety blanket who would cost less...or round up some assets and go bigger. That's what I was doing for Danault! lol

Fox is great, I love him..but he's not a 1RHD. His defensive game is never going to be that good. He's slick. smart...has great instincts...sounds like a Fox! But he's not up to the physical requirement for a 1RHD. Trouba is where he belongs, and I really wish fans would just give him a moment to prove what he's worth, the guy just turned 26! He was the Rangers best defenseman during the qualifier...by a long shot!

DeAngelo...is the one that gets moved. Nils is a much more balanced player, and DeAngelo has less years of contract control than both Nils and Fox. He's also worse in his own end than Fox, and for all his offensive upside (which is significant and impressive!), the Rangers have plenty of that. Fox, Trouba and eventually Lundkvist will be more than enough to provide the necessary offense. Deangelo gets moved for something the teams needs to become a true contender.

Howden...I agree...is not the answer..even at 4C. Rangers should give him the shot going into this season and let him prove what he is...but I see that ending with him not being up to the task. As a 4LW, I wouldn't mind him...problem is there are guys on the team that can do that, and probably better. I don't however think he's blocking anyone...if say for example Morgan Barron proves to be a better answer, Howden is gonna start catching scratches.

I think I can guess that your ire over Howden is Quinn's maddening desire to stick with him. And I agree to an extent. But I think the reasoning is somewhat sound. They see the way he plays the game and hope that he can improve in the areas he is deficient. I just (like you), don't believe that his talent is enough to make that happen.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 11:37 a.m.
And here I thought we were agreeing lol!

Strome is just a stopgap, I agree. It would be nice if he took 3C money and kept Chytil's (or a more capable 2C who gets brought in) spot warm, but that ain't gonna happen.

I don't agree however, that he is holding up Chytil's development. He isn't ready to compete as a 2C, he'd be on the losing end of that the majority of the season, and it would hurt his growth overall. On faceoffs alone, he's even worse than Strome...by a significant amount! He'd have much more responsibility and no protection blanket being the 2C. His line would be pinned in on the regular, and that would really hurt the production of Panarin and the growth of Kakko! He just hasn't proven that he is a true NHL center...plain and simple. He absolutely deserves the chance to prove that...but at 2C the team would move backwards if he fails.
The following season? If he makes strides under protected minutes at 3C, then I am all for it! He should be used as 3C, the ENTIRE upcoming season...none of this LW flip flopping...let him audition for the job.

Strome's contract situation is the real issue, because the timeline doesn't match up with Chytil being ready for 2C. I am really not sure what can be done about it, like you said. You either deal him for a different safety blanket who would cost less...or round up some assets and go bigger. That's what I was doing for Danault! lol

Fox is great, I love him..but he's not a 1RHD. His defensive game is never going to be that good. He's slick. smart...has great instincts...sounds like a Fox! But he's not up to the physical requirement for a 1RHD. Trouba is where he belongs, and I really wish fans would just give him a moment to prove what he's worth, the guy just turned 26! He was the Rangers best defenseman during the qualifier...by a long shot!

DeAngelo...is the one that gets moved. Nils is a much more balanced player, and DeAngelo has less years of contract control than both Nils and Fox. He's also worse in his own end than Fox, and for all his offensive upside (which is significant and impressive!), the Rangers have plenty of that. Fox, Trouba and eventually Lundkvist will be more than enough to provide the necessary offense. Deangelo gets moved for something the teams needs to become a true contender.

Howden...I agree...is not the answer..even at 4C. Rangers should give him the shot going into this season and let him prove what he is...but I see that ending with him not being up to the task. As a 4LW, I wouldn't mind him...problem is there are guys on the team that can do that, and probably better. I don't however think he's blocking anyone...if say for example Morgan Barron proves to be a better answer, Howden is gonna start catching scratches.

I think I can guess that your ire over Howden is Quinn's maddening desire to stick with him. And I agree to an extent. But I think the reasoning is somewhat sound. They see the way he plays the game and hope that he can improve in the areas he is deficient. I just (like you), don't believe that his talent is enough to make that happen.

Are you familiar Evolving Wild's SPAR and xSPAR models?
Aug. 24, 2020 at 11:59 a.m.
Are you familiar Evolving Wild's SPAR and xSPAR models?

I am, though admittedly I often find myself drowning in alphabet soup! lol

It's good to reference when you have that "is what I see actually what is happening" moment, but I definitely don't claim to have the site open all the time.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 12:58 p.m.
I am all for a counter..but come on lol

Hey if every trade involving the Habs starts with KK or Suzuki than every trade involving the Rangers getting a top player starts with 1st OVA
SuprDave45 liked this.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 2:05 p.m.
Quoting: Campabee
Hey if every trade involving the Habs starts with KK or Suzuki than every trade involving the Rangers getting a top player starts with 1st OVA

LOL, too true!
Campabee liked this.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 2:59 p.m.
LOL, too true!

I don't really think Danault gets 1st OVA plus unless the Rangers GM is both stupid and desperate lol

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll