RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the St. Louis Blues
    $894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    C, LW
    NTC
    UFA - 8
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 3
    $758,333$758,333
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $1,475,000$1,475,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
    LW, RW
    RFA - 2
    $5,750,000$5,750,000
    LW, RW, C
    NTC
    UFA - 1
    $775,000$775,000 (Performance Bonus$87,500$88K)
    LW, RW
    RFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $3,275,000$3,275,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $8,250,000$8,250,000
    RD
    UFA - 7
    $4,400,000$4,400,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $1,750,000$1,750,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    RD
    NTC
    UFA - 7
    $750,000$750,000
    G
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,200,000$1M)
    LD
    RFA - 2
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
    RD
    RFA - 2
    $1,375,000$1,375,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $3,750,000$3,750,000
    RW
    NTC
    UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Sep. 1, 2020 at 12:46 p.m.
    RETIRED
    Quoting: Jamiepo
    Dubas paid Johnsson.... as a 1st liner... Johnsson went to the first line when he started doing things like scoring a hat trick with meh line mates.

He’s a solid player that I hope the leafs hold on to. His chemistry with nylander is great.

I mean have you ever watched hockey?

If you think Johnsson is 1st line material on a playoff caliber team, then i know for a fact youve never watched a game of hockey in your life ahahah
    Sep. 1, 2020 at 12:47 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: redw1n9s
    That's absurd. Try again. It starts with Nylander, easily. Parayko is one of the best Dmen in the league (world). He's 27. He's right-handed. So what he has 2 years left? STL is going to pay him when they have to. They're not going to take less value just because he MIGHT test out Free Agency. Ridiculous

I never said anything about Parayko going to free agency? I said they're trying to get space for Pietrangelo which teams know about so they won't give full value. A team trying to move cap space to fit someone else ha Sri take into account the free'd up space (& in this case signing Pietrangelo) as a factor in the deal. Taking Nylander on adds cap to their roster and pushes Pietro further out the door. Because of that St. Louis would be looking to take in less cap and ELC deals along with picks. 2 B+ prospects and a bonafide top 9 forward at worst and the space to sign their captain is a good price for a guy with 2 years left. Especially for a d-man that's not a guaranteed top pair guy
    Quoting: McRanteskog
    we gunna stay on topic here or you just gunna start reaching all over the league here for an argument?
    "Johnsson is not a 3rd liner. A middle six winger." - you do realize that a third liner is in the middle 6F right? XD

what? I was on topic. It was a joke. Its not like I brought up how much success the leafs have had in the last 50 years or some sh*t like that.
    Also a middle six forward is a high end third liner and low end second liner. Do I have to explain this to you again. There is a difference between a third liner and a high end third liner
    Where do I sign?
    Sep. 1, 2020 at 12:48 p.m.
    Banned
    no sweat.
    STL doesnt need Nylander remotely as much as TOR needs Parayko lol

But St.Louis needs the cap space as much as Toronto does. In a cap league, money and space talk.
    Sep. 1, 2020 at 12:48 p.m.
    RETIRED
    It’s not spell checking... you don’t even know his name.

“Sweet rebuttal”
    “Truth hurts”

But doesn’t know the player’s name lol.

My feelings aren’t hurt. I think it’s funny when people who don’t have a clue what they are talking about try to argue with me.

you say your feelings arent hurt, but this reply states otherwise lol
    Johnsson and Johansson is one letter off, but great job pointing it out Karen
    Sep. 1, 2020 at 12:49 p.m.
    Formerly Jamiepo
    If you think Johnsson is 1st line material on a playoff caliber team, then i know for a fact youve never watched a game of hockey in your life ahahah

He is that first line filler. The type of player leafs need. Like Hyman. He’s skilled fast and tenacious with a high hockey IQ. Which is why they moved kappy over him.
    Sep. 1, 2020 at 12:49 p.m.
    Banned

He didn't say he was a 1st liner. Read what he said then comment kid.

He said he "paid him as a 1st liner" because at the time Johnsson was playing on the first line. Do you not know how to read?
    Sep. 1, 2020 at 12:50 p.m.

he's a first line complimentary player. Big difference imo, I think the "top line" label totally depends. But, playing with good players, absolutely he can play well in the top line - he did it in 18-19 with the Leafs playing with Matthews. He's not a guy you throw on the top line and expect to drive the play, but he can keep up, make, and finish plays at a well enough level playing with high end players. Playing with bad or average first liners, not so much, if that makes sense
    mokumboi
    Did you not see the extra 1st? Of course he’s a blues fan lol.

I'm not just looking at the one trade. It's all horrid. But now that you mention it, extra 1st rounders are super great for rebuilding teams. Not so much for contenders when they have to hand over one of their most vital players (and one of the most unique in the league, while we're at it), and the inclusion of Johnsson basically wipes away any cap relief that might have been gotten, which means they also lose Petro and probably someone else important next offseason.

It's a suicide deal. But yay! We might have a couple good players to win games four years from now!
    GenXHockey liked this.
    RETIRED
    Quoting: keep_ups12
    what? I was on topic. It was a joke. Its not like I brought up how much success the leafs have had in the last 50 years or some sh*t like that.
    Also a middle six forward is a high end third liner and low end second liner. Do I have to explain this to you again. There is a difference between a third liner and a high end third liner

yes please, tell me more lol.
    hes played 125 career NHL games, tell me more about how established he is as an elite 3rd liner
    Sep. 1, 2020 at 12:51 p.m.
    RETIRED
    He is that first line filler. The type of player leafs need. Like Hyman. He’s skilled fast and tenacious with a high hockey IQ. Which is why they moved kappy over him.

ok so you are delusional, thanks for confirming that.
    Sep. 1, 2020 at 12:51 p.m.
    mokumboi
    Quoting: keep_ups12
    Whats wrong with 3.4mil for 3 more years?

Nothing, unless it wipes out the entire cumulative cap savings this deal supposedly offers.
    GenXHockey and KeepUps15 liked this.
    Sep. 1, 2020 at 12:52 p.m.
    Formerly Jamiepo
    Quoting: mokumboi
    I'm not just looking at the one trade. It's all horrid. But now that you mention it, extra 1st rounders are super great for rebuilding teams. Not so much for contenders when they have to hand over one of their most vital players (and one of the most unique in the league, while we're at it), and the inclusion of Johnsson basically wipes away any cap relief that might have been gotten, which means they also lose Petro and probably someone else important next offseason.

It's a suicide deal. But yay! We might have a couple good players to win games four years from now!

Pretty much exactly my thoughts. The same reason why nylander going back would be just as dumb. Unless you plan on building a leafs style right side D lol.
    mokumboi liked this.
    RETIRED
    Quoting: Ryminister_27
    He didn't say he was a 1st liner. Read what he said then comment kid.

He said he "paid him as a 1st liner" because at the time Johnsson was playing on the first line. Do you not know how to read?

@Ryminister_27 see above ^ hes clearly saying playing him on the first line. now argue amongst yourselves for me
    mokumboi
    I never said anything about Parayko going to free agency? I said they're trying to get space for Pietrangelo which teams know about so they won't give full value. A team trying to move cap space to fit someone else ha Sri take into account the free'd up space (& in this case signing Pietrangelo) as a factor in the deal. Taking Nylander on adds cap to their roster and pushes Pietro further out the door. Because of that St. Louis would be looking to take in less cap and ELC deals along with picks. 2 B+ prospects and a bonafide top 9 forward at worst and the space to sign their captain is a good price for a guy with 2 years left. Especially for a d-man that's not a guaranteed top pair guy

I'm sorry, how is the Leafs cap situation any better than the Blues'? If you want to pretend that you can get crazy discounts on high-end players because their team is strapped, well guess what.... that works both ways.
    Sep. 1, 2020 at 12:53 p.m.
    Formerly Jamiepo
    Quoting: mokumboi
    Nothing, unless it wipes out the entire cumulative cap savings this deal supposedly offers.

He was just replying to some kid in here acting a fool.
    Sep. 1, 2020 at 12:54 p.m.
    mokumboi
    He was just replying to some kid in here acting a fool.

Ah. These replies came so fast and furious, I lost track of who was who. grin
    Sep. 1, 2020 at 12:55 p.m.
    One year ago every Tor ACGM had Nylander for Parayko. Think Andersen to Calgary for a 1st as often.

Now?? Toronto fans think both are ridiculous. Right??
    Sep. 1, 2020 at 12:56 p.m.
    RETIRED
    Quoting: leafs101
    he's a first line complimentary player. Big difference imo, I think the "top line" label totally depends. But, playing with good players, absolutely he can play well in the top line - he did it in 18-19 with the Leafs playing with Matthews. He's not a guy you throw on the top line and expect to drive the play, but he can keep up, make, and finish plays at a well enough level playing with high end players. Playing with bad or average first liners, not so much, if that makes sense

with Matthews as your C and Nylander on the opposite wing, litterally any NHL caliber winger could produce on that line lol
    Johnsson isnt some prodigy lol hes played one and a half NHL seasons, far removed from deserving of a 3.4mil x 4yr deal
    Sep. 1, 2020 at 12:58 p.m.
    Banned
    @Ryminister_27 see above ^ hes clearly saying playing him on the first line. now argue amongst yourselves for me

... again, he called him a "first line filler". As in someone who can fill in on the first line, but isn't a permanent first liner. Still can't read eh?
    GenXHockey liked this.
    Sep. 1, 2020 at 1:00 p.m.
    with Matthews as your C and Nylander on the opposite wing, litterally any NHL caliber winger could produce on that line lol
    Johnsson isnt some prodigy lol hes played one and a half NHL seasons, far removed from deserving of a 3.4mil x 4yr deal

he's not a prodigy, no. His rookie season was deserving of close to that contract, but last season was injury riddled. He'll have to re-prove himself a bit this year for sure. My point is that with an elite center he's capable of playing top line. I see him bouncing back and shutting everyone up, but I can understand the hesitation when it comes to trading for him. In his last healthy season he was absolutely a top 6 forward, and can be plugged into a top line provided that he's playing with an elite center
    GenXHockey liked this.
    Sep. 1, 2020 at 1:03 p.m.
    redw1n9s

You're implying it by talking about 2 years left on his deal. As I said, Parayko is one of the best Dmen in the world. He is 100% a top pair guy - the Blues have 2 of them on the right side. The cap has almost nothing to do with this because Parayko would NEVER be sold for less than his value, which is much, much, much more than what is being offered here. STL will simply do everything they can and need to do to re-sign him.
    Sep. 1, 2020 at 1:06 p.m.
    RETIRED
    Quoting: leafs101
    he's not a prodigy, no. His rookie season was deserving of close to that contract, but last season was injury riddled. He'll have to re-prove himself a bit this year for sure. My point is that with an elite center he's capable of playing top line. I see him bouncing back and shutting everyone up, but I can understand the hesitation when it comes to trading for him. In his last healthy season he was absolutely a top 6 forward, and can be plugged into a top line provided that he's playing with an elite center

see now we are coming down to earth a little.
    Except for the fact that you still think that 3.4mil x 4yrs after only playing 82 career NHL games was good value for TOR.
    Any reasonable GM wouldnt have given him any longer term than that.
    Any reasonable GM wouldnt have paid him a dollar more than 3.4mil.

TOR literally paid top dollar and term to him, nowhere near a favourable contract for the Leafs
    Sep. 1, 2020 at 1:28 p.m.
    see now we are coming down to earth a little.
    Except for the fact that you still think that 3.4mil x 4yrs after only playing 82 career NHL games was good value for TOR.
    Any reasonable GM wouldnt have given him any longer term than that.
    Any reasonable GM wouldnt have paid him a dollar more than 3.4mil.

TOR literally paid top dollar and term to him, nowhere near a favourable contract for the Leafs

I don't think it was favourable, but I think oftentimes you take a risk on contracts. If he didn't get injured and took a step forward, that contract looks genius.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll