$1,250,000$1,250,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,025,175$4,025,175
LD
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LD
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 6, 2020 at 4:55 p.m.
Hockey IQ
is Arvidsson THAT good???
Dec. 6, 2020 at 4:57 p.m.
I heff to be mad...
Quoting: Pens3lieve
is Arvidsson THAT good???

Uhhh, yes
Pens3lieve and LRS87 liked this.
Dec. 6, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
NSH has no interest in trading Arvidsson for this package, or anything right now most likely.

I'm not too impressed with JPO and NSH has no need for Clang with Ingram + Askarov already in the system. McCann could be a good pickup, but not at the cost of Arvidsson.
gmgb liked this.
Dec. 6, 2020 at 5:01 p.m.
Hockey IQ
Quoting: LeafsFan4Ever34
Uhhh, yes

checked his stats.

ok, he's good. I still would rather not part with that package but we're in WIN NOW mode so who cares about the future (ie: Joseph, Clang, 2nd) lol
Dec. 6, 2020 at 5:07 p.m.
Arvidsson isn't available, but if he were this wouldn't get it done. Nothing of interest to NSH in this proposal.
GMs, villenash, Nhl_oilers and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 6, 2020 at 5:09 p.m.
Hockey IQ
checked his stats.

ok, he's good. I still would rather not part with that package but we're in WIN NOW mode so who cares about the future (ie: Joseph, Clang, 2nd) lol

the
Quoting: villenash
NSH has no interest in trading Arvidsson for this package, or anything right now most likely.

I'm not too impressed with JPO and NSH has no need for Clang with Ingram + Askarov already in the system. McCann could be a good pickup, but not at the cost of Arvidsson.

Quoting: LeafsFan4Ever34
Uhhh, yes

referencing the zucker and Kapanen trades we made:
we gave up a first, a former 2nd round pick (Hallander/Addison), and an below average bottom 6 roster player (Erod/Galchenyuk)
so this trade is a 2nd round pick, a former 1st round pick (POJ), Clang (our 3rd round pick this year), and McCann (also a former 1st rounder who's been inconsistent but has a great shot and right now is a good top-9 maybe top-6 winger who can play C. very good defensively) so I think this is a slight overpay for Arvidsson.)

I'd counter with
McCann,
Almeida or Almari
One of: Bjorkvist/Clang/those type of C-/C+ prospects...maybe a college FA signing like Reilly?
2nd round pick
Dec. 6, 2020 at 5:10 p.m.
Hockey IQ
Quoting: gmgb
Arvidsson isn't available, but if he were this wouldn't get it done. Nothing of interest to NSH in this proposal.

what could NSH use???

I'm just asking, I don't have a ton of interest in this trade. just wondering what the other side sees or wants...
Dec. 6, 2020 at 5:21 p.m.
what could NSH use???

I'm just asking, I don't have a ton of interest in this trade. just wondering what the other side sees or wants...

If NSH were to trade Arvidsson right now, it would mean they're tearing down the roster for a full rebuild. So picks and prospects. PIT doesn't have much in the way of prospects though. Poulin is the only one I could see NSH having some interest in. NSH is pretty thin on RD prospects, but PIT can't help them there.

If it were a hockey trade, where both teams are looking to stay competitive/improve, something around Arvidsson-Guentzel is the only possibility I see.
villenash and Nhl_oilers liked this.
Dec. 6, 2020 at 5:28 p.m.
the

we gave up a first, a former 2nd round pick (Hallander/Addison), and an below average bottom 6 roster player (Erod/Galchenyuk)
so this trade is a 2nd round pick, a former 1st round pick (POJ), Clang (our 3rd round pick this year), and McCann (also a former 1st rounder who's been inconsistent but has a great shot and right now is a good top-9 maybe top-6 winger who can play C. very good defensively) so I think this is a slight overpay for Arvidsson.)

I'd counter with
McCann,
Almeida or Almari
One of: Bjorkvist/Clang/those type of C-/C+ prospects...maybe a college FA signing like Reilly?
2nd round pick

They can keep their tiny wingers man. If their fans think Guentzel for Arvidsson is his value; then let them keep him and keep not making the play-offs or get knocked out earlier until he’s 32 and they dump him for a 3rd round pick.
Dec. 6, 2020 at 5:36 p.m.
Banned
good player wrong team. The penguins can't put a 5'9 guy on Crosby's wing.
Teams have learned all you have to do is knock down the smaller wingers next to him and he has no one to work with. It doesn't work. That's why Sheary looked like a Mop in the playoffs last year and Jake was always getting dumped on the ice. It's why they went to find a young fast winger with some size.
This is a bad fit.
Pens3lieve liked this.
Dec. 6, 2020 at 5:42 p.m.
the

I'd counter with
McCann,
Almeida or Almari
2nd round pick

Arvidsson has been a consistent 30 goal scorer, and is on a great contract. Zucker and Kapanen aren't great comparisons, as they're lesser players. Arvidsson is like a better Hornqvist. This is a worse offer for NSH than the OP.

Quoting: PGHBOB69
They can keep their tiny wingers man. If their fans think Guentzel for Arvidsson is his value; then let them keep him and keep not making the play-offs or get knocked out earlier until he’s 32 and they dump him for a 3rd round pick.

Cool. FWIW, I feel Arvidsson has a little more value than Guentzel, based on a more consistent track record producing with lesser linemates and having a better contract. To each their own. Hate to tell you that PIT's window is also closing fast, if it hasn't happened already. At least NSH has some pieces to build on though.
villenash liked this.
Dec. 6, 2020 at 6:08 p.m.
Hockey IQ
If NSH were to trade Arvidsson right now, it would mean they're tearing down the roster for a full rebuild. So picks and prospects. PIT doesn't have much in the way of prospects though. Poulin is the only one I could see NSH having some interest in. NSH is pretty thin on RD prospects, but PIT can't help them there.

If it were a hockey trade, where both teams are looking to stay competitive/improve, something around Arvidsson-Guentzel is the only possibility I see.

Arvidsson has been a consistent 30 goal scorer, and is on a great contract. Zucker and Kapanen aren't great comparisons, as they're lesser players. Arvidsson is like a better Hornqvist. This is a worse offer for NSH than the OP.

Cool. FWIW, I feel Arvidsson has a little more value than Guentzel, based on a more consistent track record producing with lesser linemates and having a better contract. To each their own. Hate to tell you that PIT's window is also closing fast, if it hasn't happened already. At least NSH has some pieces to build on though.

100% Guentzel is better than Arvidsson. He has scored over 30 ESG and over 40G. He is a legit stud and a borderline top-5 LW in the league. Arvidsson is no where in the top-30 wingers I'd go out on a limb and say.
I get it's not a great fit, Kinda just spitballing and trying to see if there is a match. PIT doesn't have very many picks and the only nice prospects are Poulin/POJ/Legare/Blomqvist with a few sleeper picks...
PGHBOB69 liked this.
Dec. 6, 2020 at 6:09 p.m.
Hockey IQ
Quoting: pharrow
good player wrong team. The penguins can't put a 5'9 guy on Crosby's wing.
Teams have learned all you have to do is knock down the smaller wingers next to him and he has no one to work with. It doesn't work. That's why Sheary looked like a Mop in the playoffs last year and Jake was always getting dumped on the ice. It's why they went to find a young fast winger with some size.
This is a bad fit.

good point for sure. hopefully rust or Kapanen can bring the grit Sid-Jake need. I'm sick of seeing Jake/Sheary/Simon etc get "dumped".
Dec. 6, 2020 at 6:13 p.m.

Troll comment? Arvidsson is amazing, as for him it doesn’t matter how big he is. Third round pick is kind of funny, and if anyone has to go he’s one of the last ones.
gmgb and PGHBOB69 liked this.
Dec. 6, 2020 at 6:22 p.m.
Banned

Why is that everyones go to comment to penguins fans? Who cares if their window is closing, at least they've had a championship window and won stanley cups unlike nashville
Pens3lieve liked this.
Dec. 6, 2020 at 6:24 p.m.
100% Guentzel is better than Arvidsson. He has scored over 30 ESG and over 40G. He is a legit stud and a borderline top-5 LW in the league. Arvidsson is no where in the top-30 wingers I'd go out on a limb and say.
I get it's not a great fit, Kinda just spitballing and trying to see if there is a match. PIT doesn't have very many picks and the only nice prospects are Poulin/POJ/Legare/Blomqvist with a few sleeper picks...

Guentzel's only done that once though. Not saying he can't do it again, but he hasn't displayed Arvidsson's consistency yet. He's got the potential to be better than Arvidsson, but we don't have enough evidence yet. He always seems to step it up in the playoffs - you gotta like that.

I agree these teams aren't a great fit for a trade, but like @villenash and I both stated earlier; Arvidsson isn't available anyway. It's been a fun discussion, but it's all pretty moot.
Pens3lieve and villenash liked this.
Dec. 6, 2020 at 6:26 p.m.
Hockey IQ
Guentzel's only done that once though. Not saying he can't do it again, but he hasn't displayed Arvidsson's consistency yet. He's got the potential to be better than Arvidsson, but we don't have enough evidence yet. He always seems to step it up in the playoffs - you gotta like that.

I agree these teams aren't a great fit for a trade, but like @villenash and I both stated earlier; Arvidsson isn't available anyway. It's been a fun discussion, but it's all pretty moot.

guentzel is newer in the league though and only 26 I think. he was on pace for over 40 before losing the rest of the season due to the equivalent of a low speed car crash into a brick wall or something like that...(getting run into the end boards at high speed with another huge dude slamming into him.)
plus his EPIC playoffs in 17 and 18.
gmgb liked this.
Dec. 6, 2020 at 6:34 p.m.
guentzel is newer in the league though and only 26 I think. he was on pace for over 40 before losing the rest of the season due to the equivalent of a low speed car crash into a brick wall or something like that...(getting run into the end boards at high speed with another huge dude slamming into him.)
plus his EPIC playoffs in 17 and 18.

He's only six months younger than Arvidsson. Arvi's season was ruined by Bortuzzo gooning him from behind twice. You could tell he was playing hurt after he came back. Looked great in the play-in round though. I think he's still got several 30+ goal seasons ahead of him.
Dec. 6, 2020 at 6:38 p.m.
Quoting: hockeyfanatic05
Why is that everyones go to comment to penguins fans? Who cares if their window is closing, at least they've had a championship window and won stanley cups unlike nashville

Don't spend enough time in the PIT AGMs to know that's the go to, but it makes sense. PIT's core players are aging out, and the cupboard is bare. If they don't get another run of amazing lottery picks, their future is looking bleak. I felt that other guy's comments about Arvidsson were uninformed and uncalled for though. Probably best to ignore trolls like that, but without the trolls there'd be very little content on these boards tears of joy
Dec. 6, 2020 at 6:43 p.m.
Hockey IQ
He's only six months younger than Arvidsson. Arvi's season was ruined by Bortuzzo gooning him from behind twice. You could tell he was playing hurt after he came back. Looked great in the play-in round though. I think he's still got several 30+ goal seasons ahead of him.

I'd be so bold as to say Guentzel has several 40 goal seasons in him but I get it--arvidsson is legit top-6. not trashing him. just stating Guentzel's elite status.
the injuries are awful and unfortunate. I like the physical part of hockey but it kills when stars get hurt...
gmgb liked this.
Dec. 6, 2020 at 6:48 p.m.
I'd be so bold as to say Guentzel has several 40 goal seasons in him but I get it--arvidsson is legit top-6. not trashing him. just stating Guentzel's elite status.
the injuries are awful and unfortunate. I like the physical part of hockey but it kills when stars get hurt...

I hate these weak suspensions they hand out. I don't remember the Guentzel injury, but Bortuzzo only got 4 games for that, despite his previous record. For the amount the NHL charges for tickets, TV subscriptions, etc. it's criminal that they don't do barely anything to protect the star players we shell out so much to see.
Pens3lieve and villenash liked this.
Dec. 6, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.
Quoting: Nhl_oilers
Troll comment? Arvidsson is amazing, as for him it doesn’t matter how big he is. Third round pick is kind of funny, and if anyone has to go he’s one of the last ones.

Guentzel is his value though!! Good luck.keep him!! Great!! I hope he makes an all-star team on day!!
Dec. 6, 2020 at 7:04 p.m.
Guentzel is his value though!! Good luck.keep him!! Great!! I hope he makes an all-star team on day!!

I would say they have similar value yah... I just think Arvidsson is very good, and he wouldn’t get moved. Same for Guentzel too! On the all-star team!
Dec. 6, 2020 at 7:10 p.m.
Quoting: Nhl_oilers
I would say they have similar value yah... I just think Arvidsson is very good, and he wouldn’t get moved. Same for Guentzel too! On the all-star team!

Was an all-star last year. In his fourth season!! Nice try!!
Dec. 6, 2020 at 7:15 p.m.
Was an all-star last year. In his fourth season!! Nice try!!

You just wait... he may get booted out sooner than later.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll