SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Rivalries to emerge from this season

Jan. 4, 2021 at 2:00 a.m.
Molson beer is meh
New rivalries from new divisions, increased encounters with the same teams? Current rivalries reinforced? What's you're predictions?

I for one hope the Habs can finally make a legitimate rivalry with TOR. Both teams have never truly liked each other, for sure, but they never really hated each other either (apart from their fanbases lol). They haven't encountered each other in the playoffs in god knows how long. When MTL were a competitive playoff team the past decade, the Leafs weren't, and for the past few seasons the leafs have been competitive, the Habs haven't...

The most epic scenario that could happen between MTL and TOR this season is a 1st rd playoff match up. Their last 3 season games this year will be against each other, and adding another potential 7 game series on top of that would give 9 CONSECUTIVE GAMES against each other. It could very well be the only time history that we could see this happen.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 7:08 a.m.
Maybe Vegas-Sharks will be reinforced a lot,
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 12:35 p.m.
Colorado vs Vegas. And when they eventually meet in the playoffs it will be a great series.
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 4:07 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Because of the makeup of the Leafs, I can’t see much of an on-ice rivalry between them and anyone else. However, in the fanbase the Montreal-Toronto rivalry will be as intense as ever.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 4:08 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Maybe Vegas-Sharks will be reinforced a lot,

I don’t know how that rivalry could get any worse. And if anything, I think it might cool down because the Sharks aren’t nearly as good as Vegas.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 4:12 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
The rivalry that takes the biggest hit from this is the Tkachuk vs. Doughty rivalry. That might take a step back because it will be over a year and a half in between games with the two of them.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 4:51 p.m.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
I don’t know how that rivalry could get any worse. And if anything, I think it might cool down because the Sharks aren’t nearly as good as Vegas.

no it won't, i went to a sharks vegas game last year, when that was possible , and it was so fun to watch, they did not like each other. You could hear the chirping and all the trash talk from Reaves and Kane.
Jan. 4, 2021 at 8:20 p.m.
Jinx god
Dallas and Tampa or Nashville

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll