ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    18$81,500,000$52,648,918$113,916$3,462,500$28,851,082
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
    $7,150,000$7,150,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 7
    Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RW, C
    RFA - 1
    Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
    $1,400,000$1,400,000
    C
    UFA - 2
    $1,600,000$1,600,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    C, LW
    UFA - 2
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$62,500$62K)
    RW, LW
    RFA - 3
    $925,000$925,000
    C, LW
    RFA - 1
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $3,050,000$3,050,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $9,000,000$9,000,000
    LW, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $2,200,000$2,200,000
    LW, C
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
    $5,291,667$5,291,667
    C, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    RD
    RFA - 3
    $3,875,000$3,875,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    G
    UFA - 4
    $4,250,000$4,250,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 3
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LD
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
    LW, RW
    RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    May 10, 2021 at 7:25 p.m.
    No thanks
    May 10, 2021 at 7:26 p.m.
    Anderson is a dealbreaker. Before you ask, Bjornfot is a dealbreaker too.
    KINGS67 liked this.
    May 10, 2021 at 7:31 p.m.
    Jet69
    Terrible for the Jets. We lose our cap flexibility losing Littles LTIR, and Vesa/3rd is too much for Risto.
    Windjammer liked this.
    May 10, 2021 at 7:40 p.m.
    What in tarnation
    Quoting: tkecanuck341

You overvalue LA prospects imo
    Saskleaf, BCAPP, JokiStan and 1 other person liked this.
    May 10, 2021 at 7:41 p.m.
    What in tarnation
    SEA is not taking Okposo.
    May 10, 2021 at 7:46 p.m.
    Quoting: justaBoss
    You overvalue LA prospects imo

The problem is that they're not prospects anymore, they're regulars in the lineup now.

LA has exactly four untouchable players. Byfield, Anderson, Bjornfot, and Petersen. Everyone else is fair game.
    May 10, 2021 at 8:26 p.m.
    What in tarnation
    The problem is that they're not prospects anymore, they're regulars in the lineup now.

LA has exactly four untouchable players. Byfield, Anderson, Bjornfot, and Petersen. Everyone else is fair game.

I'd argue that should LA be interested in bringing Eichel in, they'd be justified to have only two untouchables - Byfield and Kopitar.

There's that big difference between young roster players and almost franchise level players.
    May 10, 2021 at 8:36 p.m.
    I'd argue that should LA be interested in bringing Eichel in, they'd be justified to have only two untouchables - Byfield and Kopitar.

There's that big difference between young roster players and almost franchise level players.

Kopitar and Doughty are already untouchable because both have NTCs. No way either waives for Buffalo. In the event that Kopitar would waive for Buffalo for some reason, I'd consider swapping him for Eichel. Buffalo wouldn't get much back, if anything, aside from Kopitar though.

LA has built an impressive pipeline full of top-quality centers. After Anderson and Bjornfot, the cupboard is bare at LHD. That's why the Kings were rumored to be in the market for a dynamic puck moving LHD at the deadline. They're not going to completely destroy their LHD pipeline to acquire any player, even if it's for Eichel.
    May 10, 2021 at 8:43 p.m.

You are clearly never going to be comfortable with the asking price for Eichel. That's fine. You don't have to want to trade for him
    May 10, 2021 at 8:52 p.m.
    Quoting: BCAPP
    You are clearly never going to be comfortable with the asking price for Eichel. That's fine. You don't have to want to trade for him

I'm perfectly fine with giving up higher valued players for Eichel. Just not Byfield, Petersen, or those two guys. They're too important to the team right now.
    May 10, 2021 at 8:57 p.m.
    What in tarnation
    Kopitar and Doughty are already untouchable because both have NTCs. No way either waives for Buffalo. In the event that Kopitar would waive for Buffalo for some reason, I'd consider swapping him for Eichel. Buffalo wouldn't get much back, if anything, aside from Kopitar though.

LA has built an impressive pipeline full of top-quality centers. After Anderson and Bjornfot, the cupboard is bare at LHD. That's why the Kings were rumored to be in the market for a dynamic puck moving LHD at the deadline. They're not going to completely destroy their LHD pipeline to acquire any player, even if it's for Eichel.

Kopitar is untouchable because he's the face of LA franchise and he's playing on a great level. Yeah that NTC is a thing, but honestly LA doesn't have any reason to move the guy in the first place.

As for Doughty...I wouldn't call him untouchable. Yes, that NTC of his makes trading him a problem, but honestly I think the issue is more that no team wants that contract in full. It's too long and risky.

This LHD core of yours, assuming it consists of Anderson, Björnfot and Määttä...honestly, you could do better. I do reckon LA is still after strengthening on this department, and honestly one of them could go, provided LA brings in an UFA in a year or two.

It's relatively unlikely that even with Eichel LA would be contending any time soon, but they have plenty of time to look for replacements, should they move Björnfot or Anderson for the guy.

Luckily for LA though, I reckon BUF would be more interested in forwards over D-men. They do have the likes of Dahlin, Bryson, Samuelsson as their young assets. One of Anderson or Björnfot would certainly fit there, but I don't think that D-men is their weakest area.
    May 10, 2021 at 9:11 p.m.
    Kopitar is untouchable because he's the face of LA franchise and he's playing on a great level. Yeah that NTC is a thing, but honestly LA doesn't have any reason to move the guy in the first place.

As for Doughty...I wouldn't call him untouchable. Yes, that NTC of his makes trading him a problem, but honestly I think the issue is more that no team wants that contract in full. It's too long and risky.

This LHD core of yours, assuming it consists of Anderson, Björnfot and Määttä...honestly, you could do better. I do reckon LA is still after strengthening on this department, and honestly one of them could go, provided LA brings in an UFA in a year or two.

It's relatively unlikely that even with Eichel LA would be contending any time soon, but they have plenty of time to look for replacements, should they move Björnfot or Anderson for the guy.

Luckily for LA though, I reckon BUF would be more interested in forwards over D-men. They do have the likes of Dahlin, Bryson, Samuelsson as their young assets. One of Anderson or Björnfot would certainly fit there, but I don't think that D-men is their weakest area.

I meant untouchable as far as an Eichel trade is concerned. I don't mean untouchable in general. After his NMC is reduced to a mNTC next summer, I think the Kings would entertain offers for Doughty. It would take a lot for them to consider moving him though, as he's well liked in LA, by both the team and fans.

Maatta is expendable after the expansion draft this summer. The exposure requirements are the only reason he's still around at all. I suspect once the draft is over, he'll either be traded or waived, as he will have served his purpose.

The Kings still need a 1LD, but they're quite happy with Anderson and Bjornfort as the 2LD and 3LDs of the future. Anderson has been absolutely killing it with the Kings this season, playing big minutes on the top pairing as a rookie.

Trading either guy would set the rebuild back several years. If they do draft a LHD in the 1st round as expected, that player won't be NHL ready for several seasons. While they likely won't be serious Cup contenders for the next couple seasons, they'd like to be playoff contenders again as soon as possible. That's not going to happen if they're playing with Maatta and MacDermid on the roster. I don't think they have "plenty of time" as you suggest.

The Kings have plenty of top-quality prospects to put together a package for Eichel. I think with today's news, the price tag was slashed a bit, but they'd be able to beat out most offers from other teams. I'm just not sure that they should.
    May 10, 2021 at 10:07 p.m.
    2285 Stanley Cup Cha

It's jack Eichel dude. Odds are none of them reach the quality of Eichel, plus ur getting Mitts who was above .5 ppg this season. This is a fleece for LA and I would hate if buffalo did this
    May 11, 2021 at 1:01 a.m.
    Quoting: JokiStan
    It's jack Eichel dude. Odds are none of them reach the quality of Eichel, plus ur getting Mitts who was above .5 ppg this season. This is a fleece for LA and I would hate if buffalo did this

I'm sure that's true, but that doesn't mean the Kings are going to be willing to give up players from positions they need for one player. As far as Mittelstadt is concerned, just leave him out of the trade.

I'm sure Buffalo would ask for Anderson or Bjornfot, and Blake would say no and offer up a similarly valued prospect from a different position instead. The Kings have numerous RHD and C prospects they could offer up that probably have equal or more trade value than Anderson or Bjornfot (Kupari, Madden, Thomas, Faber, Grans, Spence, etc.)

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll