SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Pre-Lottery

Pre-Lottery

Draft Class: 2021
Created By: Jonah_Camirand
Published: Jun. 1, 2021 at 2:35 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Easy pick here for Buffalo, best player in the draft and they need defense on this team. After picking Cozens and Quinn in the past two drafts I believe they take a defenseman.
2Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Detroit continues to take a Swedish player with their first round pick, this time being the top Europeon skater of this draft.
3Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-The ducks need a left Winger very badly and also a sniper very badly, Guenther is the best pick for the Ducks. Guenther and Zegras would be magical on the first line for years.
4Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Seattle takes the best forward in the draft, the only reason he is still available is because Power is most likely first overall pick for any team and then Detroit and Anaheim go with team needs. Easy pick here for Seattle.
5Logo of the New Jersey Devils-New Jersey should pick a defense with their first round pick in this draft, especially when you have a good chance of having two Hughes brothers on the same team. New Jersey needs a good offensive defenseman and Hughes could be that man for them.
6Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Simple pick here, Columbus needs a center badly. They pick Johnson instead of Eklund simply because Johnson is the best playmaker of this draft class and they could use a great playmaker next to Laine.
7Logo of the San Jose Sharks-San Jose does not have many team needs specifically, I think they take the best player available and that player for me is Eklund. I believe Eklund could come out to be the best player of this draft, he has a very high ceiling and is very skilled.
8Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Los Angeles has a lot of forward prospects and high end ones to add that. They have Byfield, Turcotte and Kaliev. I believe they add a defense and take the best one available.
9Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-Vancouver I believe takes the next best winger, they have good center depth and the next best center is a pure sniper. They already have a pure sniper in Podkolzin (taken in 2019), so I believe that they take the next best winger.
10Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Ottawa needs a center very badly, also I believe they can do some good with a pure sniper. That being said, they take Lucius.
11Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
Draft Pick Forfeited
12Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Chicago does not need any position specifically so I believe they take the next best player being Chibrikov.
13Logo of the Calgary Flames-Calgary needs a goalie, they go ahead and take the first goalie of this draft. The best goalie prospect since Carey Price.
14Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Phily needs a left winger over any position, I believe Pastujov would be a great fit, very similar playing style to Matthew Tkachuk and has the potential to be a middle 6 forward.
15Logo of the Dallas Stars-Dallas goes by team needs and takes another left winger, Oskar Olausson has the potential to be a great second line forward for this team.
16Logo of the New York Rangers-The Rangers already have a great prospect pool and are being considered the next dynasty in the NHL. They take the best player available with Sillinger.
17Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Montreal needs centers over any other position and they take the best center available in McTavish.
18Logo of the St. Louis Blues-St.Louis takes the next best goalie after Wallstedt, that bein Sebastian Cossa who was amazing this season in the WHL, I believe that Binnington will be traded away or signed by another team in free agency right before Cossa starts to play with the Blues.
19Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Winnipeg needs better defense prospects for their future, they take the next best Defenseman. Ceulemans has taken a big step this year, from playing in the AJHL to playing in the U18 world juniors and being scouted as a first round pick. Amazing story for him and being able to stay close to his birth town would be a dream come true.
20Logo of the Nashville Predators-Nashville needs a left winger and they take the next best one, that being Othmann.
21Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-Edmonton needs a left winger but I believe they take a shot on Raty, he was scouted to be the first overall pick until the start of the 2020-21 season and dropped drastically. This could be a pick that could turn out well for Edmonton.
22Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the New York IslandersNew Jersey takes the next best player available and a position they need as well.
23Logo of the Boston Bruins-Boston's team is growing old, I believe they take one of the youngest players in the draft and also the best player available.
24Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the Washington CapitalsDetroit continues to take Swedish players in the first round, also taking the second best player available. They decide to take a winger instead of a center.
25Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningColumbus is in desperate need of centerman, even after taking Johnson with their first pick, they go ahead and take another center.
26Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Minesota takes a player who can play any forward position, they mostly need a right winger but they could benefit from an all around player.
27Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Toronto Maple LeafsColumbus needs a left winger, after taking 2 centers with their last picks. They could honestly benefit from taking a player who could play LW, C and RW.
28Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Colarado takes the best player available, they do not need any more defense and would rather take a forward.
29Logo of the Minnesota WildLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsMinesota takes the best player available instead of their team needs.
30Logo of the Florida Panthers-Florida takes a defense, they need more defense prospects and this could be a great pick for them.
31Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Carolina needs a left winger, that being said, they take the Finnish forward Tuomaala.
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Vegas needs a center, they decide to take who I believe is the best next center in Svozil.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:26 p.m.
Chicago needs a top 6 RW and even moreso a potential top line LHD desperately.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:47 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
I like the Hughes pick but the only thing I disagree with is "New Jersey needs a good offensive defenseman". We already have a good offensive dman in Ty Smith
Jun. 1, 2021 at 6:26 p.m.
Banned
No Detroit would take 100% Matthew Beniers he's a legit 2C pretty easy. We need we need C depth as much as LD help.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 6:33 p.m.
Jonah_Camirand
Quoting: Devil1122
I like the Hughes pick but the only thing I disagree with is "New Jersey needs a good offensive defenseman". We already have a good offensive dman in Ty Smith

I do think that Smith is an amazing Offensive defenseman but I also do believe he won't be able to fully keep up the pace, I think he'll drop a bit but taking Hughes would be amazing. Having two brothers on the same team. Plus Luke is better defensively than Quinn, would much rather Luke over Quinn. But I do see your point, I just think that having two offensive defenseman on a team would do wonders.
Devil liked this.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 6:35 p.m.
Jonah_Camirand
Quoting: ChiHawk
Chicago needs a top 6 RW and even moreso a potential top line LHD desperately.

Chibrikov is listed as both a RW and LW, If Chicago does draft him, they would much rather play him on the left side than the right side. He also has a very high ceiling and could be one of the best steals of this draft if he pans out.
ChiHawk liked this.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 6:40 p.m.
Jonah_Camirand
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
No Detroit would take 100% Matthew Beniers he's a legit 2C pretty easy. We need we need C depth as much as LD help.

I do somewhat agree with you, although I have very high praise for Veleno to become a very solid 2nd line center for Detroit behind Larkin. I do also believe that Detroit could make some moves at the draft to acquire a proven second line center for a few prospects. Maybe even target a center in free agency. There is a lot of options for Detroit this off-season and I think they will be making moves. It all depends on the draft lottery tomorrow though.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 6:45 p.m.
Not saying Canucks won't take Lysell just wanted to say Podkolzin is definitely not a pure sniper and that his physicality and playmaking will have a greater influence on the Canucks lineup
Jun. 1, 2021 at 7:45 p.m.
Devils Guy
Quoting: Devil1122

And potentially Walsh. But I mean Luke Hughes and Ty Smith? Sign me up for that.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 8:38 p.m.
I think the Flames will take whichever of McTavish, Lysell, or Lucius fall to them. I highly doubt they draft Wallstedt, they have Markstrom for the next 5 years and Wolf after that. With a good young D core locked up for a while, some fresh faces with top 6 upside are needed.
drivet liked this.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 8:48 p.m.
You have a few guys listed as centers that are not centers.
Kent Johnson is a LW
Chaz Lucius is probably RW at NHL level, but who may take some face-offs
Stanislav Svozil is a LHD
Jun. 1, 2021 at 9:08 p.m.
CbjSabresDucks
svozil is a dman bro..
Jun. 1, 2021 at 9:54 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Montreal won't be drafting 17
Jun. 2, 2021 at 4:13 p.m.
True Reverse Retro
If McTavish is still on the board at 15, Dallas is taking him, not Olausson.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll