Forums/Armchair-GM

Next season

Created by: flyersarephilly
Team: 2021-22 Philadelphia Flyers
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 1, 2021
Published: Jun. 1, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
With Jones being on the market and how badly the Flyers need a top pair RHD and not many if any available I don't see how they don't make a serious run at him
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$2,000,000
5$4,250,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$2,000,000
2$4,000,000
Trades
CBJ
  1. Andrae, Emil [Reserve List]
  2. Foerster, Tyson
  3. Patrick, Nolan [RFA Rights]
  4. 2022 3rd round pick (PHI)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the STL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$69,286,428$0$1,025,000$12,213,572
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$4,137,500$4,137,500
RW, C
NMC
UFA - 1
$4,333,333$4,333,333
C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
C
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 5
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW
UFA - 2
$3,571,429$3,571,429
C
NMC
UFA - 5
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$1,075,000$1,075,000
RW
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,725,000$4,725,000
LD
UFA - 4
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,250,000$4,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$2,550,000$2,550,000
RD
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
G
RFA - 3
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$1,800,000$1,800,000
RD
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:28 p.m.
Patrick, Rubstov, Andrae, and a 2nd is the max i do for Jones
Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:28 p.m.
I would give Frost instead of Foerster.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:29 p.m.
Banned
They can't just make a run at him...it is absolutely imperative that they get him! If they don't CF MUST be fired!
flyersarephilly liked this.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:33 p.m.
Quoting: GirouxFanclub

Rubtsov is a nobody at this point he doesn't move the needle unfortunately it would have to be a top prospect
DirtyDangles liked this.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:34 p.m.
Quoting: DirtyDangles
They can't just make a run at him...it is absolutely imperative that they get him! If they don't CF MUST be fired!

We got the best assets to get a trade done for him. I swear if Chuck can't get a trade done with the assets we have he deserves to get fired.
flyersarephilly liked this.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:34 p.m.
Banned

That isn't even close...like you get hung up on and refused all future calls with an offer like that.
sk540 liked this.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:35 p.m.
Quoting: flyersarephilly
Rubtsov is a nobody at this point he doesn't move the needle unfortunately it would have to be a top prospect

Yeah ik thats not what WILL get him but that's the most I would get up for him. There are way cheaper options out there on the market that are better players IMO, Vince Dunn and Erik Cernak are examples
Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:36 p.m.

Until it is 100% positive that Hamilton is staying in Carolina it would be more cautious with Jones but the second that he's singed all in on Jones
Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:36 p.m.
That isn't even close...like you get hung up on and refused all future calls with an offer like that.

I understand that, did I not say thats the max I WOULD GIVE UP. I personally don't want the Flyers to get Jones
Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:38 p.m.
Banned
I understand that, did I not say thats the max I WOULD GIVE UP. I personally don't want the Flyers to get Jones

Ya but your max is absolutely peanuts! Jones is going to be the absolute best option this team has at getting Provy a partner for the future.
Until it is 100% positive that Hamilton is staying in Carolina it would be more cautious with Jones but the second that he's singed all in on Jones

Jones fits our need more. He is physical which Hamilton is not.
sk540 liked this.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:39 p.m.
Yeah ik thats not what WILL get him but that's the most I would get up for him. There are way cheaper options out there on the market that are better players IMO, Vince Dunn and Erik Cernak are examples

Until this year Jones has been a solid top pair option on a bad to decent team the other two players you mentioned have not played top pair consistently if ever. Sure Jones is a bit overrated but I think he could make an excellent partner for Provorov which is the biggest need for this team
Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:42 p.m.
Until this year Jones has been a solid top pair option on a bad to decent team the other two players you mentioned have not played top pair consistently if ever. Sure Jones is a bit overrated but I think he could make an excellent partner for Provorov which is the biggest need for this team

Jones team has made the playoffs every year until this year so he wasn't on bad teams. And look at Werenski he has been a legitimate top pairing guy every year of his career while Jones there really has only been maybe one year where he was a top pairing quality guy.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:42 p.m.
Ya but your max is absolutely peanuts! Jones is going to be the absolute best option this team has at getting Provy a partner for the future.

Jones fits our need more. He is physical which Hamilton is not.

While I agree that Jones is more physical than Hamilton, Hamilton is the better player and would allow Provorov to focus more on the defensive side to his game. We've seen Provorov be very physical in the past Hamilton could allow him to do that
Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:43 p.m.

And also when werenski was injured this year Jones REALLY struggled which just puts an even worse look on him
Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:45 p.m.
Jones team has made the playoffs every year until this year so he wasn't on bad teams. And look at Werenski he has been a legitimate top pairing guy every year of his career while Jones there really has only been maybe one year where he was a top pairing quality guy.

If making the playoffs means you're a good team we have a different opinion on what a good team is. That franchise has 1 playoff series win in its history they over achieved under Torts. Until this year most said the reason Werenski looked so good was because of him playing with Jones
Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:46 p.m.
Banned

Did I really just read that Cernak and Dunn are better than Jones? You just lost any remaining credibility you had. Oof
Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:47 p.m.
If making the playoffs means you're a good team we have a different opinion on what a good team is. That franchise has 1 playoff series win in it history the over achieved under Torts. Until this year most said the reason Werenski looked so good was because of him playing with Jones

Werenski is so much better than Jones lmao. the reason Jones looks good is bc of Werenski. when werenski got injured this year Jones was seriously one of the worst defenseman in the league
AndrewPawlack liked this.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:48 p.m.
Did I really just read that Cernak and Dunn are better than Jones? You just lost any remaining credibility you had. Oof

tell me why they aren't better than him? Jones is trash defensively and the only reason his base offensive numbers are good is bc hes paired with a top offensive defenseman and he gets 26 minutes a night
Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:52 p.m.
18 lotteries, 0 wins
wow this is an actual correct value trade for Jones lol.
Surprised you haven't been getting bombarded by casuals lol
Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:56 p.m.
18 lotteries, 0 wins
Werenski is so much better than Jones lmao. the reason Jones looks good is bc of Werenski. when werenski got injured this year Jones was seriously one of the worst defenseman in the league

smart person right here. Jones has always been getting top minutes in columbus, yet has always had help on the other end. Even back in Nashville, he was paired with the D core they had just set in stone. Jones alone this year showed he's not much more than a Savard, except less effective on D, and just seemingly a glorified Ryan Murray on the offensive side. Blue line holder that most of his goals come from odd man rushes in overtime. Jones was behind Savard (before trade), Werenski, and Del Zotto of all people on the Jackets D effectiveness. Yet loyalty, stamina and a big frame made Torts use him so much.
Problem is, Weresnki doesn't do much on defense either. Losing him on defensive side didn't change much, and the Jackets offense fell off the cliff they were already sliding down this season. As a jackets fan, I just want to see what we can get with all the media hype over him, and his glorified 6'4 Righty D status.
GirouxFanclub liked this.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:58 p.m.
Banned
tell me why they aren't better than him? Jones is trash defensively and the only reason his base offensive numbers are good is bc hes paired with a top offensive defenseman and he gets 26 minutes a night

Actually 5v5 he is just as productive with Werenski as he is with his other partners. He played with Werenski 5v5 for 52.4% of the time but got 45% of his 5v5 points with him. And I don't really care what the analytics tell you he is defensively...he is a big physical body that can move people out of the front of the net. Cernak gets to play with 2 of the best defensive D men in the league and Dunn is a LHD who again, plays most of his time with strictly defensive D men.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 3:59 p.m.
Quoting: AndrewPawlack
smart person right here. Jones has always been getting top minutes in columbus, yet has always had help on the other end. Even back in Nashville, he was paired with the D core they had just set in stone. Jones alone this year showed he's not much more than a Savard, except less effective on D, and just seemingly a glorified Ryan Murray on the offensive side. Blue line holder that most of his goals come from odd man rushes in overtime. Problem is, Weresnki doesn't do much on defense either. Losing him on defensive side didn't change much, and the Jackets offense fell off the cliff they were already sliding down this season. As a jackets fan, I just want to see what we can get with all the media hype over him, and his glorified 6'4 Righty D status.

You are a smart man as well lmao. CBJ is about to get so much for Jones and I just hope its not to the Flyers. Exciting time to be a CBJ fan, might win the lottery tommorow and are about to trade Jones.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 4:05 p.m.
Banned
You are a smart man as well lmao. CBJ is about to get so much for Jones and I just hope its not to the Flyers. Exciting time to be a CBJ fan, might win the lottery tommorow and are about to trade Jones.

You are one of those Flyers fans who wants changes but doesn't want to trade anyone aren't you?
Jun. 1, 2021 at 4:05 p.m.
18 lotteries, 0 wins
Actually 5v5 he is just as productive with Werenski as he is with his other partners. He played with Werenski 5v5 for 52.4% of the time but got 45% of his 5v5 points with him. And I don't really care what the analytics tell you he is defensively...he is a big physical body that can move people out of the front of the net. Cernak gets to play with 2 of the best defensive D men in the league and Dunn is a LHD who again, plays most of his time with strictly defensive D men.

ok you can bring up analytics and assumptions all you want but do you actually watch him? As a Jackets fan I somehow found myself turning on the TV to see a hellish showing every night, even if it was clear they were gonna lose. Jones was standing still in the D zone more than he was moving. The Jackets D has not been physical since they had Dalton Prout lol. If anything, Jones just makes more of a screen than a mover. The jackets are loaded with people, especially D (him and Z) who show no emotion and never seem to go full force on body contact. Jones is such a slow heap when defending, and more than one time had goals deflect off of him and go in, or be standing flat footed as a pass goes across the crease and he looks behind him as a player scores that he had no idea was there. This year was absolutely brutal for him. Not to mention he has about the same amount of speed (if I should even call it that) in the offensive zone. Just pivots and calmly slides the puck as any other D on the team would do, waiting for another player to finish the play. Jones has declined quite a bit from what he was a few years ago. Whether that is by choice or not we will find out, but going off of most recent performance, he is a shell of what he used to be.
Jun. 1, 2021 at 4:08 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: AndrewPawlack
ok you can bring up analytics and assumptions all you want but do you actually watch him? As a Jackets fan I somehow found myself turning on the TV to see a hellish showing every night, even if it was clear they were gonna lose. Jones was standing still in the D zone more than he was moving. The Jackets D has not been physical since they had Dalton Prout lol. If anything, Jones just makes more of a screen than a mover. The jackets are loaded with people, especially D (him and Z) who show no emotion and never seem to go full force on body contact. Jones is such a slow heap when defending, and more than one time had goals deflect off of him and go in, or be standing flat footed as a pass goes across the crease and he looks behind him as a player scores that he had no idea was there. This year was absolutely brutal for him. Not to mention he has about the same amount of speed (if I should even call it that) in the offensive zone. Just pivots and calmly slides the puck as any other D on the team would do, waiting for another player to finish the play. Jones has declined quite a bit from what he was a few years ago. Whether that is by choice or not we will find out, but going off of most recent performance, he is a shell of what he used to be.

Clearly something is going on in Columbus where players just don't want to play there. Maybe Jones was absolutely tired of Tort's BS and couldn't care less to put in an effort. I mean the team as a whole was brutal this year just like the Flyers were. Provy was brutal but you don't see us claiming he is garbage.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll