SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:06 p.m.
SHL NJD GM
Quoting: aadoyle
Why do I have a feeling some of the leaks were just media bait

Like if all the picks are actually leaked and are the actual picks why even have the event. Waste of time and money as everyone already knows whose going lul

Only thing people will want to see are the side deals

Well if I remember correctly most of the leaked Vegas picks were wrong, and side deals will be interesting since some picks are baffling
aadoyle liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:06 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: justaBoss
I think they weren't, but I'm sure it's just half the story of what's about to unfold tonight with the moves.

Who knows but I don't think Vegas had this much Spoilers and its kind of sad as it ruined the entire event in a sense as the only thing fans will tune in to see are the side deals.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:07 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Hearing the Seattle Kraken have opted to not take a player from the Buffalo Sabres, wow
EsoYeezus69, Devil, TheFlamingC and 2 others liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:08 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Well if I remember correctly most of the leaked Vegas picks were wrong, and side deals will be interesting since some picks are baffling

Oh yeah I forgot about the vegas leaks. If I remember correctly they didnt have MAF getting taken and then the next day he got taken with a 2nd.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:09 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Hearing the Seattle Kraken have opted to not take a player from the Buffalo Sabres, wow

Or detroit
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:10 p.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: AndrewLadd

Quoting: aadoyle
Or detroit

I don't blame them tbh.
justaBoss liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:12 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
I don't blame them tbh.

There were some good choices from detroit

Namesnikov and Stetcher

Buffalo had only one guy worth a look and it was Borgen
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:15 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Chicago forward John Quenneville to Seattle
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:16 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Devil1122

Surprised Gaudette or Kampf wasn't taken
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:18 p.m.
Farewell
Edited Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:25 p.m.
Analysis of every leak so far:

Anaheim Ducks-Haydn Fleury (D) Good pick
Arizona Coyotes-Tyler Pitlick (F) Not a whole lot of option in the desert, so fine
Boston Burins-Jeremy Lauzon (D) Good pick
Buffalo Sabres-Unknown
Calgary Flames-Mark Giordano (D) Good pick, but he's only got one year left at a pretty expensive 6.5 mil
Carolina Hurricanes-Morgan Geekie (F) No Jake Bean?! Very surprising.
Chicago Blackhawks-Nikita Zaodrov (D) Fine, less expensive than Calvin De Haan. UPDATE: New rumor is that it's John Quenneville. Baffling. Was there a side deal?
Colorado Avalance-Joonas Donskoi (F) Perfect.
Columbus Blue Jackets-Gavin Bayruether (D) I get why not Domi (he's only got 1 year left and he's out for half the year due to shoulder surgery), but not Kevin Stenlund then?
Dallas Stars-Jamie Oleksiak (D, UFA) Fine, but might be overpaid
Detroit Red Wings-Unknown
Edmonton Oilers-Adam Larsson (D, UFA) Good. Solid #1 pairing with him and Giordano.
Florida Panthers-Chris Driedger (G, UFA) (Also side deal made for Frank Vatrano, F) I don't think Driedger is a true #1 G, so we'll see if they get somebody else. The Vatrano deal could be good depending on the terms.
LA Kings-Kurtis MacDermid (D) Fine, not a whole lot of options
Minnesota Wild-Carson Soucy (D) No Kappo Kahkonen, which means they took Vanecek instead, passing on Brendan Dillon/Justin Schultz to do so, and both are better than Soucy. Bad.
Montreal Canadiens-Cale Fleury (D) Absolutely ridiculous. Passing on Price is abysmal, passing on Price and Drouin is even worse, passing on Price Drouin and Kulak is outrageous. Horrible.
Nashville Predators-Calle Jarnkrok (F) No Ryan Johansen? No Matt Duchene? Not even Colton Sissons? Jarnkrok's not bad, but this is eyebrow-raising.
NJ Devils-Nathan Bastian (F) Fine, risky move, but not a whole lot of options.
NY Islanders-Jordan Eberle (F) Good. As long as they took him or Bailey.
NY Rangers-Colin Blackwell (F) Fine, solid 4th line center.
Ottawa Senators-Joey D'accord (G) OK, but there were better options (Dadonov, Tierney, Josh Brown)
Philadelphia Flyers-Carsen Twarynski (F) This is horrendous. You passed on JVR and Voracek for this?! Ridiculous.
Pittsburgh Penguins-Brandon Tanev (F) Good pick. Better than ZAR, and they stocked up on D enough that they didn't need Marcus Pettersson.
San Jose Sharks-Alex True (F) Over Dylan Gambrell? What on earth?
St. Louis Blues-Vince Dunn (D, UFA) Good signing. Solid up-and-coming D-man. This could be a Shea Theodore-like pick. Guess they couldn't find a trade for Tarasenko.
Tampa Bay Lightning-Yanni Gourde (F) Hmph. Good pick. So long, Energizer Bunny, if this is true.
Toronto Maple Leafs-Jared McCann (F) Good pick, and nice job by Toronto to basically give up Filip Hollander and a 7th rounder to protect their roster.
Vancouver Canucks-Kole Lind (F) Fine, reasonable pick, though it would've been nice to see them strike a deal with Alex Edler.
Washington Capitals-Vitek Vanecek (G) Good backup goalie, but not worth passing on Brendan Dillon/Justin Schultz/Nick Jensen (see Minnesota Wild).
Winnipeg Jets-Mason Appleon (F) Nailed it. Good pick.
Overall, not great. Could've done a lot better. The Montreal and Philly picks are abysmal moves.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:19 p.m.
What in tarnation

Is Dangle a trustworthy sauce
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jinx god

They wanted no part of Zadorov's future contract.
Devil liked this.
SHL NJD GM
Quoting: ConservativeLightningFan91

Arizona Coyotes-Tyler Pitlick (F) Not a whole lot of option in the desert, so fine
Buffalo Sabres-Unknown
Calgary Flames-Mark Giordano (D) Good pick, but he's only got one year left at a pretty expensive 6.5 mil
Chicago Blackhawks-Nikita Zaodrov (D) Fine, less expensive than Calvin De Haan.
Columbus Blue Jackets-Gavin Bayruether (D) I get why not Domi (he's only got 1 year left and he's out for half the year due to shoulder surgery), but not Kevin Stenlund then?
Edmonton Oilers-Adam Larsson (D, UFA) Good. Solid #1 pairing with him and Giordano.
Florida Panthers-Chris Driedger (G, UFA) (Also side deal made for Frank Vatrano, F) I don't think Driedger is a true #1 G, so we'll see if they get somebody else. The Vatrano deal could be good depending on the terms.
Minnesota Wild-Carson Soucy (D) No Kappo Kahkonen, which means they took Vanecek instead, passing on Brendan Dillon/Justin Schultz to do so, and both are better than Soucy. Bad.
Montreal Canadiens-Cale Fleury (D) Absolutely ridiculous. Passing on Price is abysmal, passing on Price and Drouin is even worse, passing on Price Drouin and Kulak is outrageous. Horrible.
Nashville Predators-Calle Jarnkrok (F) No Ryan Johansen? No Matt Duchene? Not even Colton Sissons? Jarnkrok's not bad, but this is eyebrow-raising.
Ottawa Senators-Joey D'accord (G) OK, but there were better options (Dadonov, Tierney, Josh Brown)
Philadelphia Flyers-Carsen Twarynski (F) This is horrendous. You passed on JVR and Voracek for this?! Ridiculous.
Pittsburgh Penguins-Brandon Tanev (F) Good pick. Better than ZAR, and they stocked up on D enough that they didn't need Marcus Pettersson.
St. Louis Blues-Vince Dunn (D, UFA) Good signing. Solid up-and-coming D-man. This could be a Shea Theodore-like pick. Guess they couldn't find a trade for Tarasenko.
Tampa Bay Lightning-Yanni Gourde (F) Hmph. Good pick. So long, Energizer Bunny, if this is true.
Toronto Maple Leafs-Jared McCann (F) Good pick, and nice job by Toronto to basically give up Filip Hollander and a 7th rounder to protect their roster.
Vancouver Canucks-Kole Lind (F) Over Jake Virtanen? This is nuts.
Washington Capitals-Vitek Vanecek (G) Good backup goalie, but not worth passing on Brendan Dillon/Justin Schultz/Nick Jensen (see Minnesota Wild).
Overall, not great. Could've done a lot better. The Montreal and Philly picks are abysmal moves.

Have you seen the Jake Virtanen allegations, he’s not playing in the NHL again probably
aadoyle, Devil and EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:20 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Have you seen the Jake Virtanen allegations, he’s not playing in the NHL again probably

GET THAT MAN OUT OF THE NHL IMMEDIETLY

I know its until proven guilty but just hearing his name and what he potentially did makes me angry and sick
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:21 p.m.
Farewell

Woah woah, what am I missing here?
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:21 p.m.
Always have 2018
Anyone know how many of Vegas expansion draft picks were on their opening night roster?
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:22 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: justaBoss
Is Dangle a trustworthy sauce

Probably not
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:22 p.m.
Farewell
Quoting: ConservativeLightningFan91
Woah woah, what am I missing here?

Woah, just Googled him. Yikes. Never mind.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:23 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
I think Will Boregn from Buffalo got picked (not confirmed)
EsoYeezus69 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:23 p.m.
Farewell
OK, edited. Kole Lind's fine.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:25 p.m.
Jinx god
I think Will Boregn from Buffalo got picked (not confirmed)

Then one of these "confirmed picks" is BS because they don't fit trough the 2021-22 contract requirements.
A_Habs_fan and Devil liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:26 p.m.
Farewell
UPDATED:

Buffalo Sabres-Will Borgen (D) Over Miller? Over Cody Eakin? Not entirely unreasonable, but a bit surprising.
Chicago Blackhawks-Nikita Zaodrov (D) Fine, less expensive than Calvin De Haan. UPDATE: New rumor is that it's John Quenneville. Baffling. Was there a side deal?
Vancouver Canucks-Kole Lind (F) Fine, reasonable pick, though it would've been nice to see them strike a deal with Alex Edler.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.
SHL NJD GM
Then one of these "confirmed picks" is BS because they don't fit trough the 2021-22 contract requirements.

I feel like at this point, similarly to Vegas many of the leaked picks are wrong
EsoYeezus69 and aadoyle liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:30 p.m.
Jinx god
I feel like at this point, similarly to Vegas many of the leaked picks are wrong

Comeau to Seattle 👀.
A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jul. 21, 2021 at 1:32 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Comeau to Seattle 👀.

Kerfoot to Seattle 👀

JK BUTTT!!! if it does happen I will buy a Kraken Jersey with the saying "I love Francis"

Ironically everyone is basing Kerfoot and McCann getting selected based on the leaked fish vids. The Kerfoot one came out, Yesterday so everyone assumed Kerfoot, McCanns came out today so everyone assumes McCann. What if in an hour we see Dermotts vid is Dermott going
EsoYeezus69 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll