SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2021 offseason talks thread

Jul. 15, 2021 at 11:47 a.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: Dzinger18
I'm guessing the devils will sign a big fish in FA just to get over the cap floor. The only question is who will it be.

Andrew Cogliano 9m x 1y.
Jul. 15, 2021 at 11:50 a.m.
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
Andrew Cogliano 9m x 1y.

Tom Sestito 14m x 5 years
Jul. 15, 2021 at 11:51 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
NEWS

Eichel to the Wild still makes sense and they're trying to make it work. The Wild are also interested in Dvorak. - Elliote Freidman

There is a possibility that Buchnevich might be moved - Frank Servalli

If Landeskog hits the open market, the Blues will make a full pitch to sign him - Lou Korac

ADA and Virtanen will eventually be bought out. There are some rumblings about Ben Bishop buyout. - Elliotte Friedman (@EsoYeezus69 since you wanted some Stars news)

Kraken looking at Holtby. They have 4 other goalies on their list - Rick Dhaliwal

Suter hung up the phone on Bill Guerin after the buyout. Buyout caught him by surprise - Michael Russo

Kings linked to Eichel and Reinhart - David Pagnotta

If the Leaf move Kerfoot, they may pursue Landeskog - David Pagnotta

Elliotte Freidman wonders if the Devils would have interest in Lehner or MAF (I hope not)

Kraken and Devils linked to Garland - David Pagnotta

Devils and Canadiens linked to Bertuzzi - David Pagnotta

Islanders are shopping Leddy, Eberle, Komarov, Hickey - David Pagnotta

Flames interested in Dunn if they lose Giordano - Jermy Rutherford

Duchene and Johansen are available - David Pagnotta
EsoYeezus69, Zinger, A_Habs_fan and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 15, 2021 at 11:51 a.m.
Speak of the Devil
I'm guessing the devils will sign a big fish in FA just to get over the cap floor. The only question is who will it be.

Adam Larsson, Alec Martinez, or Blake Coleman please
Zinger liked this.
Jul. 15, 2021 at 11:53 a.m.
Jinx god
Quoting: yikes
Tom Sestito 14m x 5 years

Clake Bomeau 20m x 9 years
Jul. 15, 2021 at 11:57 a.m.
Canes fan
Quoting: Devil1122
NEWS

Eichel to the Wild still makes sense and they're trying to make it work. The Wild are also interested in Dvorak. - Elliote Freidman

If Landeskog hits the open market, the Blues will make a full pitch to sign him - Lou Korac

ADA and Virtanen will eventually be bought out. There are some rumblings about Ben Bishop buyout. - Elliotte Friedman (EsoYeezus69 since you wanted some Stars news)

Kraken looking at Holtby. They have 4 other goalies on their list - Rick Dhaliwal

Suter hung up the phone on Bill Guerin after the buyout. Buyout caught him by surprise - Michael Russo

Elliotte Freidman wonders if the Devils would have interest in Lehner or MAF (I hope not)

Interesting. Any Canes news?
Jul. 15, 2021 at 12:00 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Interesting. Any Canes news?

Only thing I've seen is the Ned contract stuff
Zinger liked this.
Jul. 15, 2021 at 12:02 p.m.
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
Only thing I've seen is the Ned contract stuff

What’s was the offer for landy you said earlier
Jul. 15, 2021 at 12:05 p.m.
Jinx god
NEWS

ADA and Virtanen will eventually be bought out. There are some rumblings about Ben Bishop buyout. - Elliotte Friedman (@EsoYeezus69 since you wanted some Stars news)

If Dallas were to buy him out, they’d basically be paying Dobby 6.6 million for the next two seasons, and 4 million in his last, and an extra million of dead cap space for the year after that. If Nill does that he should 100% get fired because it’s literally the dumbest thing he could do.
yikes liked this.
Jul. 15, 2021 at 12:09 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
What’s was the offer for landy you said earlier

I didn't see any from any reliable sources. My guess it was around 6 (based on Nuge offer). Landeskog probably wants close to 8.

I was asking if anyone knew
Jul. 15, 2021 at 12:09 p.m.
SHL NJD GM
NEWS

Can’t really see Eichel to the wild, the need their cap space for Fiala, Kaprizov, etc. Dvorak is an interesting option
Buchnevich is a good player but Rangers have so many wingers makes sense, they already have Laff, Panarin, Kreider, Kakko and more
Makes sense, Tarasenko money and maybe more to Landeskog
ADA and Virtanen buyouts will happen, don’t see Bishop being bought out
If Kraken are looking at Holtby and 4 other I would imagine 1 from Arizona ( Hill/Kuemper ), Allen, Khudobin, and someone else are the targets
Suter and Yandle buyouts caught me by surprise
Eichel don’t see it, Reinhart sure
With what cap space, also Leafs don’t need to have around 45+ mil in 5 forwards
Don’t see Vegas moving Lehner, Devils could be interested in MAF depending on cost
Makes sense, Arizona is a rebuilder
Devils linked to everyone lol, don’t see Bertuzzi to Montreal unless Drouin isn’t back
Makes sense, Isles need the cap space
Okay but don’t see Seattle being interested in Gio
Makes sense, though why’d they trade Arvidsson if they won’t protect ( probably ) Duchene and Johansen, who else do they desperately want to protect after Forsberg, Kunin, Fabbro, Ekholm, Ellis, Josi
EsoYeezus69 and Devil liked this.
Jul. 15, 2021 at 12:14 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
If Dallas were to buy him out, they’d basically be paying Dobby 6.6 million for the next two seasons, and 4 million in his last, and an extra million of dead cap space for the year after that. If Nill does that he should 100% get fired because it’s literally the dumbest thing he could do.

They also said in the report that Bishop isn't cleared to play yet.
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jul. 15, 2021 at 12:15 p.m.
Speak of the Devil

Devils are interested in the guy that was targeting Hughes the whole game. Great idea Fitz
Jul. 15, 2021 at 12:16 p.m.
CELEBRINI IS A SHARK
I didn't see any from any reliable sources. My guess it was around 6 (based on Nuge offer). Landeskog probably wants close to 8.

I was asking if anyone knew

Ooh mb
Jul. 15, 2021 at 12:16 p.m.
Jinx god
They also said in the report that Bishop isn't cleared to play yet.

Than why not just put him on LTIR?

1. It saves money.
2. If they were to buy him out afterwards, the buyout would be significantly more cheap.
Jul. 15, 2021 at 12:18 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Than why not just put him on LTIR?

1. It saves money.
2. If they were to buy him out afterwards, the buyout would be significantly more cheap.

Because they dumb
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Isles7
Bill zito is a top 5 GM in the league - Forsling had a top pair impact last season and he got 2.6 mill x 3…
Speak of the Devil
Ooh mb

No worries
Some Leaf fans were saying 5M but obviously no one believes them
Jul. 15, 2021 at 12:19 p.m.
Isles7
Jake McCabe about to sign with Florida for 1.5 mill x4 and the panthers will have the best D core in the league
yikes liked this.
Jul. 15, 2021 at 12:19 p.m.
Jinx god
Because they dumb

Nill’s IQ is probably the same as my pool table.
Devil liked this.
Jul. 15, 2021 at 12:20 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Jul. 15, 2021 at 12:28 p.m.
Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
I need help about the Leafs here guys...

From the fall of 2017 to the spring of 2018, the team progressed like crazy. The progression curved was as steep as a curve could be. But then something happened. In 2 seasons (16-17 and 17-18), they progressed like crazy and then in the 3 seasons that followed they barely progressed (as a team).

Maybe it's Babcock (but then again he hasn't been there for a while now, that's not an excuse for the end of the 19-20 season and the 2021 one). Maybe it's Tavares rushing the process. Maybe it's other shenanigans. I don't know what it is, which is why I'm asking for your help.

In 2 words, WHAT HAPPENED?

The process has stalled but it now comes to the big 3 to change. Nylander has started now Matthews and Marner need to follow him. Not putting JT in there as he always puts in the work and was not his fault for this series as he got KO'D. Great regular season performances are good but you need to take that into the playoffs. No matter the team if your stars do not show up you are not going anywhere. Dubas could build the deepest leafs team the NHL has ever seen but if Matthews and Marner dont show up you aint winning no rounds.

That and playoff luck. 4 years of key players getting stretched off combined with Kadri getting his ass suspended does not help your playoff odds either.

RN we have seen the issues. Dubas has made small changes to address them. First defense was an issue. Brought in Muzzin and Muzzin. Then backup goaltending traded for Campbell. Needed some toughness had clifford then went and got simmonds when he left. Now we know its killer instinct and depth scoring. Now that's something not to hard to find as you can get good cheap wings who can score. As for killer instinct find guys who are strong finishers via trade or FA.

I will say this I think Rielly gets moved as it actually does work better in the leafs favor via space and the better 2way options via FA.
Jul. 15, 2021 at 12:22 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Can’t really see Eichel to the wild, the need their cap space for Fiala, Kaprizov, etc. Dvorak is an interesting option
Buchnevich is a good player but Rangers have so many wingers makes sense, they already have Laff, Panarin, Kreider, Kakko and more
Makes sense, Tarasenko money and maybe more to Landeskog
ADA and Virtanen buyouts will happen, don’t see Bishop being bought out
If Kraken are looking at Holtby and 4 other I would imagine 1 from Arizona ( Hill/Kuemper ), Allen, Khudobin, and someone else are the targets
Suter and Yandle buyouts caught me by surprise
Eichel don’t see it, Reinhart sure
With what cap space, also Leafs don’t need to have around 45+ mil in 5 forwards
Don’t see Vegas moving Lehner, Devils could be interested in MAF depending on cost
Makes sense, Arizona is a rebuilder
Devils linked to everyone lol, don’t see Bertuzzi to Montreal unless Drouin isn’t back
Makes sense, Isles need the cap space
Okay but don’t see Seattle being interested in Gio
Makes sense, though why’d they trade Arvidsson if they won’t protect ( probably ) Duchene and Johansen, who else do they desperately want to protect after Forsberg, Kunin, Fabbro, Ekholm, Ellis, Josi

Fiala wants 7-8M. Wild should trade him for Vilardi.

Kraken also looking at Driedger

Leafs have 9M in cap space so maybe they can make it work. Seems like a dumb idea though

Devils should be looking for dmen, not forwards or goalies.

Nashville might be blowing it up
EsoYeezus69 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Jul. 15, 2021 at 12:29 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Fiala wants 7-8M. Wild should trade him for Vilardi.

Kraken also looking at Driedger

Leafs have 9M in cap space so maybe they can make it work. Seems like a dumb idea though

Devils should be looking for dmen, not forwards or goalies.

Nashville might be blowing it up

I would not believe the Landeskog stuff. The guy wants over 7mill. While he is an upgrade over Hyman spending more for him really wont change much. In my eyes instead of spending 6mill on Hyman or another guy spend it on 2 forwards who play a similar style. While you wont entirely replace Hyman you can increase your depth and resilience in other areas.
Jul. 15, 2021 at 12:32 p.m.
Speak of the Devil
Duclair signs a 3 year deal with the Panthers
EsoYeezus69 liked this.
Jul. 15, 2021 at 12:32 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Florida is signing Hyman no 🧢

Dubas could honestly start a bidding war for his rights as apparently Holland really wants him and if the talks were true apparently offered a 3rd for them

honestly watch Hyman get nervous circle back and sign 4mill with Toronto.

Same **** Stamkos did with the Lightning.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll