$2,700,000$2,700,000
G
UFA - 3
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$799,766$799,766
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 11, 2021 at 11:58 a.m.
Ducks only trade Terry in a package for a superstar player, not a decent prospect and a 4th liner.

He's the best 2-way forward on the team and looked better each game he played last season, especially while playing with Comtois and Zegras.

Once Eakins (Cant wait till his incompetent a** is gone) realized how good Terry is and put him in the right situations his game really took a step up
Jun. 11, 2021 at 12:01 p.m.
Detroit already have 9 waiver eligible wingers penned in for next year + Raymond and Berggren.
Jun. 11, 2021 at 12:05 p.m.
Quoting: Salzy
Ducks only trade Terry in a package for a superstar player, not a decent prospect and a 4th liner.

He's the best 2-way forward on the team and looked better each game he played last season, especially while playing with Comtois and Zegras.

Once Eakins (Cant wait till his incompetent a** is gone) realized how good Terry is and put him in the right situations his game really took a step up

He could definitely garner more but he's already been in trade conversations, Chris Johnston hinted at a player for the leafs that fits his description, and I was more or less going off of what other people I've seen value Terry at. A long term top 4 projected defenseman is definitely a good piece. Engvall is a bottom 6 player who given time will be a valuable 3rd liner on a good team. Could definitely have given more though.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 11, 2021 at 12:07 p.m.
Quoting: Billy12Bob
Detroit already have 9 waiver eligible wingers penned in for next year + Raymond and Berggren.

I just picked a bad team with cap space looking to potentially take small risks on players. Red Wings seemed to fit that.
Jun. 11, 2021 at 12:10 p.m.
Avs do not want Kerfoot back, and they cant add Cap in a trade
Jun. 11, 2021 at 12:11 p.m.
Quoting: Leafs2022
He could definitely garner more but he's already been in trade conversations, Chris Johnston hinted at a player for the leafs that fits his description, and I was more or less going off of what other people I've seen value Terry at. A long term top 4 projected defenseman is definitely a good piece. Engvall is a bottom 6 player who given time will be a valuable 3rd liner on a good team. Could definitely have given more though.

The Ducks have literally no other young player that plays RW apart from Jacob Perreault who isnt NHL ready. They can't afford to trade him especially with how much better he looked after those questionable trade rumors. They badly need to upgrade the offense and this trade downgrades it by a good margin. Trading Terry doesnt make sense for ANA

The 4th period reported that Steel, Lundestrom, Tracey and Perreault were the 4 most likely to be moved if they do make a deal, and if they do it would be for a high impact forward (Eichel is most mentioned)

I honestly only think Terry gets moved for a superstar (Other pieces would be added obviously) Eakins and Murray both had nothing but praise for him in the post-season interviews. Eakins called him "The most responsible player we have" and him Building chemistry with Zegras and Comtois is the most important thing for the Ducks next season. I honestly wouldnt trade Terry unless its in a package for a superstar.

His game really improved over the course of the season and best case for the Ducks this is a lateral move worst case Engvall is a 4th liner and Lily never makes the NHL, not nearly enough upside here for ANA giving up a top 6 two way forward that is playing with Comtois and the face of the franchise in Zegras
TZ11 liked this.
Jun. 11, 2021 at 12:13 p.m.
I just picked a bad team with cap space looking to potentially take small risks on players. Red Wings seemed to fit that.

Cap space isn't all that's needed, there needs to be room on the roster too.

Detroit would see this as a pure cap dump for a player they would have to waive and send to Grand Rapids and would want to be paid to take him on.
Jun. 11, 2021 at 12:15 p.m.
The Ducks have literally no other young player that plays RW apart from Jacob Perreault who isnt NHL ready. They can't afford to trade him especially with how much better he looked after those questionable trade rumors. They badly need to upgrade the offense and this trade downgrades it by a good margin. Trading Terry doesnt make sense for ANA

The 4th period reported that Steel, Lundestrom, Tracey and Perreault were the 4 most likely to be moved if they do make a deal, and if they do it would be for a high impact forward (Eichel is most mentioned)

I honestly only think Terry gets moved for a superstar (Other pieces would be added obviously) Eakins and Murray both had nothing but praise for him in the post-season interviews. Eakins called him "The most responsible player we have" and him Building chemistry with Zegras and Comtois is the most important thing for the Ducks next season. I honestly wouldnt trade Terry unless its in a package for a superstar.

His game really improved over the course of the season and best case for the Ducks this is a lateral move worst case Engvall is a 4th liner and Lily never makes the NHL, not nearly enough upside here for ANA giving up a top 6 two way forward that is playing with Comtois and the face of the franchise in Zegras

Liljegren definitely has upside as at least a top 4 defenseman if not top pair. Terry has been in trade talks for months its not unrealistic to say they would take a B+/A- prospect for him considering he wants a change of scenery.
Jun. 11, 2021 at 12:17 p.m.
Liljegren definitely has upside as at least a top 4 defenseman if not top pair. Terry has been in trade talks for months its not unrealistic to say they would take a B+/A- prospect for him considering he wants a change of scenery.

Who wants a change of scenery? and Lily is most certainly not near a A level prospect, Makar was an A level prospect. Lily is best case a B and has a second pair ceiling and a depth defenseman floor

He was in trade talks at the start of the season, he played his way into not being in trade talks anymore
TZ11 liked this.
Jun. 11, 2021 at 12:20 p.m.
Quoting: coga16
Avs do not want Kerfoot back, and they cant add Cap in a trade

I dont know that they keep Kadri which clears space. And they lose Graves either way if they don't make a trade, this also gives Byram the bigger role he deserves. Losing Kadri means they need center depth.
Jun. 11, 2021 at 12:23 p.m.
I dont know that they keep Kadri which clears space. And they lose Graves either way if they don't make a trade, this also gives Byram the bigger role he deserves. Losing Kadri means they need center depth.

They lose a good player no matter what so trading him doesnt solve anything and all that does is make them stuck with Kerfoot a guy they got rid for a reason, they have no interest in getting him back

And Why in the world are they just giving away Kadri for nothing. Only leaf fans are obsessed with the avs trading Kadri. Avs fans are not shipping him off like hes a war criminal
Jun. 11, 2021 at 12:23 p.m.
Who wants a change of scenery? and Lily is most certainly not near a A level prospect, Makar was an A level prospect. Lily is best case a B and has a second pair ceiling and a depth defenseman floor

He was in trade talks at the start of the season, he played his way into not being in trade talks anymore

liljegren is a B+ prospect easy. A- if not for his hype dying due to him not getting a chance in the NHL. He will most realistically be a good second pair defenseman, which is very valuable. And Terry was literally available in trade talks at the deadline.
Jun. 11, 2021 at 12:25 p.m.
They lose a good player no matter what so trading him doesnt solve anything and all that does is make them stuck with Kerfoot a guy they got rid for a reason, they have no interest in getting him back

And Why in the world are they just giving away Kadri for nothing. Only leaf fans are obsessed with the avs trading Kadri. Avs fans are not shipping him off like hes a war criminal

They wouldnt give Kadri for nothing, but he failed the avs like he failed the Leafs. A team like the Oilers im sure would take him.
Jun. 11, 2021 at 12:25 p.m.
liljegren is a B+ prospect easy. A- if not for his hype dying due to him not getting a chance in the NHL. He will most realistically be a good second pair defenseman, which is very valuable. And Terry was literally available in trade talks at the deadline.

Oh so you have an inside knowledge of players available, you must be really good friends with Bob Murray, even though both him and Eakins showered him with praise during post-season interviews and said how important he is moving forward to the team
TZ11 liked this.
Jun. 11, 2021 at 12:26 p.m.
They wouldnt give Kadri for nothing, but he failed the avs like he failed the Leafs. A team like the Oilers im sure would take him.

You said they are moving Kadri for cap....so they arent taking back cap which is giving him away for nothing but futures. They arent moving a top 6 player for pennies on the dollar

Kadri didnt fail the Avs. The team didnt lose bc of him, he didnt cause those turn overs in the 3rd period in games 3 and 5 for the avs to blow 2-0 leads late in the period.

stop projecting your own feels about the player onto the Avs fan base.
Jun. 11, 2021 at 12:26 p.m.
Oh so you have an inside knowledge of players available, you must be really good friends with Bob Murray, even though both him and Eakins showered him with praise during post-season interviews and said how important he is moving forward to the team

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/ducks-troy-terry-available-trade-deadline-approaches/

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2021/03/anaheim-listening-to-offers-for-troy-terry.html
Jun. 11, 2021 at 12:27 p.m.
https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/ducks-troy-terry-available-trade-deadline-approaches/

https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2021/03/anaheim-listening-to-offers-for-troy-terry.html

and if you would be capable of listening to the words that came directly out of the GM and head coaches mouth you would realize that is no longer the case
TZ11 liked this.
Jun. 11, 2021 at 12:29 p.m.
You said they are moving Kadri for cap....so they arent taking back cap which is giving him away for nothing but futures. They arent moving a top 6 player for pennies on the dollar

Kadri didnt fail the Avs. The team didnt lose bc of him, he didnt cause those turn overs in the 3rd period in games 3 and 5 for the avs to blow 2-0 leads late in the period.

stop projecting your own feels about the player onto the Avs fan base.

I didn;t say the team lost because of him, I said that he failed the team. I still love Kadri and have no hard feelings towards him. I also never said they were trading for cap I said they would gain cap space by trading him. Lots of players in the NHL are good and make less than 4.5 Million a year that can be aquired.
Jun. 11, 2021 at 12:33 p.m.
and if you would be capable of listening to the words that came directly out of the GM and head coaches mouth you would realize that is no longer the case

Elliotte Friedman literally said Troy Terry is the one who wants the change in scenery. I am not a Ducks fan, I don't know what their management said, but if Troy Terry is being heavily tossed around in trade possibilities by the media and fans league wide its for a reason. Sorry.
Jun. 11, 2021 at 12:35 p.m.
I didn;t say the team lost because of him, I said that he failed the team. I still love Kadri and have no hard feelings towards him. I also never said they were trading for cap I said they would gain cap space by trading him. Lots of players in the NHL are good and make less than 4.5 Million a year that can be aquired.

you saying he failed the team is projecting your own opinion onto the fan base and situation.

Which is why you are claiming they will move him for nothing just to make cap room....if they were trading him for a real reason they would be taking on cap in moving him, not gainaing it. So you are sayign they are dumping himto justify your bad trade with the Avs

you are missing the mark so bad to make it seem like you have a good deal for the avs here.
Jun. 11, 2021 at 12:36 p.m.
you saying he failed the team is projecting your own opinion onto the fan base and situation.
Which is why you are claiming they will move him for nothing just to make cap room to justify your bad trade with the Avs

Did he not fail the team when they needed him? I am not claiming they will move him for nothing. But if they were to trade him there is a possibility the player they get back makes less than 4.5 million per year, meaning they gain cap space.
Jun. 11, 2021 at 12:37 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too

But it doesn't help a rebuilding team to make lateral moves. We are weak at RW and RD, so trading Terry for Liljegren solves one problem while exacerbating another. And if it's one thing we don't need more of, it's bottom-6 left-handed wingers.
Jun. 11, 2021 at 12:37 p.m.
Did he not fail the team when they needed him? I am not claiming they will move him for nothing. But if they were to trade him there is a possibility the player they get back makes less than 4.5 million per year, meaning they gain cap space.

adding you to the ignore list, its like talking to a rock.

Avs arent dumping Kadri, he didnt fail the team like you are claiming he is, they dont want kerfoot, they dont wnat to trade graves. Hopefully you can understand all that
Jun. 11, 2021 at 12:39 p.m.
adding you to the ignore list, its like talking to a rock.

Avs arent dumping Kadri, he didnt fail the team like you are claiming he is, they dont want kerfoot, they dont wnat to trade graves. Hopefully you can understand all that

I do understand that. I feel differently. I think they will lose Graves either way in expansion though, making a trade does make sense. Its not that serious, just a fun mock team I made. Didn't mean to offend anyone.
Jun. 11, 2021 at 12:40 p.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
But it doesn't help a rebuilding team to make lateral moves. We are weak at RW and RD, so trading Terry for Liljegren solves one problem while exacerbating another. And if it's one thing we don't need more of, it's bottom-6 left-handed wingers.

He plays center also. I also think having a right shot defenseman or even defenseman in general when rebuilding is more important than having good right wingers.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll