Forums/Armchair-GM

Hyman becomes the most beloved player in Toronto

Created by: RowdyRoddy96
Team: 2021-22 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Jun. 19, 2021
Published: Jun. 19, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Somehow this team goes full big boy trousers when Hyman takes a Labanc type pay cut for a year. Analytics darling Jake Mccabe gets signed at a much lower cap than Rielly and is around the same age? Rielly and Mikhayev get traded for Draft Picks and Bertuzzi who can bring in some grit and a tenacious attitude to this team. Brandon Saad would be the big Fish that the Leafs would sign that I'd personally love to see considering he is a playoff warrior/ Fight in corners type guy like Hyman. Foligno who I feel is cut from the same cloth as Spezza would come back at a pay cut as well because he might have faith in this team as well as Spezza? something like that carries through some people. Optimus Reim returns to Toronto because I want to see Steve Dangle happy again, please! Glendening is a 3C that id be so happy to have on this team considering he is a guy that some consider being a shamen of youth players where he can get the most potential out of rookies and young stars plus Glendening's Faceoff % is absolutely coo coo bananas. but I grasp at straws here but I'd be very happy if the team went in this direction by doubling down on Skill and Speed but they add more hungry youth presence alongside Veteran journeymen like Foligno, Bogosian, Muzzin, Saad, Glendening and Spezza. This offers extra cap space if the Leafs wanted to either sign another 3rd goalie like Rittich to come back or allows them to keep Kerfoot and allows Dermott to get claimed by Seattle? Interesting times the Leafs and their fans like myself live in? I haven't seen the Leafs at a crossroads like this since after the 1994/95 season?
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$4,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$1,000,000
6$5,000,000
3$3,000,000
2$1,200,000
3$1,500,000
1$2,000,000
3$2,200,000
Trades
TOR
    Expansion
    TOR
    1. Bertuzzi, Tyler [RFA Rights]
    2. 2021 4th round pick (TBL)
    3. 2022 6th round pick (DET)
    TOR
    1. 2021 6th round pick (EDM)
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the DET
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    20$81,500,000$79,046,450$0$0$2,453,550
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 5
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $11,640,250$11,640,250
    C
    UFA - 3
    $10,903,000$10,903,000
    RW
    UFA - 4
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $11,000,000$11,000,000
    C, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $6,962,366$6,962,366
    RW
    UFA - 3
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 7
    $2,200,000$2,200,000
    C, RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    LW, C, RW
    UFA - 2
    $796,667$796,667
    LW, RW
    RFA - 3
    $725,000$725,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $750,000$750,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,625,000$5,625,000
    LD
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD/RD
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    $1,650,000$1,650,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 4
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $894,167$894,167
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $1,200,000$1,200,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    $1,500,000$1,500,000
    G
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:22 p.m.
    PlusMinus is stupid
    Detroit declines, easily.
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:24 p.m.
    Leafs Bring Me Pain
    Quoting: DeadWingsv2
    Detroit declines, easily.

So you'd decline a Top 4 D man for what could be a Middle Six fwd and mid round picks? Considering you have no D core outside of Hronek and an aging Marc Staal that's a shock! also Great Most Valuable Primate PFP love that film!
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:27 p.m.
    Banned
    Quoting: RowdyRoddy96
    So you'd decline a Top 4 D man for what could be a Middle Six fwd and mid round picks? Considering you have no D core outside of Hronek and an aging Marc Staal that's a shock! also Great Most Valuable Primate PFP love that film!

You're not getting Bertuzzi for Rental Rielly. Cry harder.
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:27 p.m.
    So you'd decline a Top 4 D man for what could be a Middle Six fwd and mid round picks?

Yes.

One year of a 2nd pair defenceman or several years of a 2nd line winger.
    Billy12Bob liked this.
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:30 p.m.
    PlusMinus is stupid

Quoting: Rcaddy
    Yes.

Bingo.

Also, we have a TON of highly touted defensemen in the pipeline. I like Reilly as a player, but he doesn't fit Detroit's rebuild. Patience is our key. We don't want to be competing for a low seed playoff spot next year, we want to be competing for Stanley Cups in the next 4+ years.
    DiehardRedWingsFan58, aedoran, RedWing9119 and 1 other person liked this.
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:30 p.m.
    PULL A TAMPA IGNORE
    Welcome to Fantasy Island
    aedoran and Billy12Bob liked this.
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:32 p.m.
    Leafs Bring Me Pain
    Quoting: Letter_Kenny
    You're not getting Bertuzzi for Rental Rielly. Cry harder.

Who said anything about crying? Considering Bertuzzi was already being shopped by Yzerman I'm surprised Wings fans still think he will be on this team in the fall. Also Considering that the Wings PP scoring was in the lowest 3 this year I'm surprised you guys are desperate for a Defenseman who can help your PP unit crazy?!
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:32 p.m.
    Leafs Bring Me Pain
    Quoting: Rcaddy
    Yes.

The fact that you believe Rielly is a 2nd Pair D Man woah!
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:35 p.m.
    Banned
    Who said anything about crying? Considering Bertuzzi was already being shopped by Yzerman I'm surprised Wings fans still think he will be on this team in the fall. Also Considering that the Wings PP scoring was in the lowest 3 this year I'm surprised you guys are desperate for a Defenseman who can help your PP unit crazy?!

Bertuzzi wasn't shopped. He had a back Injury and missed most of the season. No team was trading for an injured player. He's since had back surgery and is on track to start playing next season. If Stevie trades him it'll be for much more than a rental Defenseman. See the Mantha trade as an example how how Yzerman does business. He doesn't get fleeced. He does the fleecing.

Seider will be on the team next season and he'll instantly make them better. Yzerman is rebuilding properly and will not be fast tracking it like the Leafs did. It clearly hasn't worked. Leafs are tied in playoff round wins with Detroit the past 5 years at 0.
    aedoran and Billy12Bob liked this.
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:37 p.m.
    Leafs Bring Me Pain
    Quoting: TheThunder
    Welcome to Fantasy Island

I mean yeah it's a mock trade and Armchair GM interface of course it's fantasia island over here. This is the Leafs best case scenario in my head Will it happens most definitely not because I know this team is going to try a subvert everyone's expectations by announcing something grand then do the bare minimum and change nothing about the team and it either stays the same or they panic trade away Marner or Nylander in the trade that will never benefit the team or its future. Doesn't hurt to be speculative or have high hopes for the team that's all Leaf fans have now
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:38 p.m.
    Buddy he could be Bobby ****in' Orr and they still wouldn't have any use for one season of him.

I don't know if you've seen the standings lately but the Wings aren't exactly one piece away from contention.
    Billy12Bob liked this.
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:38 p.m.
    PULL A TAMPA IGNORE
    I mean yeah it's a mock trade and Armchair GM interface of course it's fantasia island over here. This is the Leafs best case scenario in my head Will it happens most definitely not because I know this team is going to try a subvert everyone's expectations by announcing something grand then do the bare minimum and change nothing about the team and it either stays the same or they panic trade away Marner or Nylander in the trade that will never benefit the team or its future. Doesn't hurt to be speculative or have high hopes for the team that's all Leaf fans have now

1mil
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:40 p.m.
    Leafs Bring Me Pain
    Bertuzzi wasn't shopped. He had a back Injury and missed most of the season. No team was trading for an injured player. He's since had back surgery and is on track to start playing next season. If Stevie trades him it'll be for much more than a rental Defenseman. See the Mantha trade as an example how how Yzerman does business. He doesn't get fleeced. He does the fleecing.

He was shopped -__- and Mantha was the one traded because he was healthy to be traded. If both player were then Bertuzzi would have been dealt instead of Mantha and would have probably gotten the same return or less from him
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:41 p.m.
    PlusMinus is stupid

I'd like to apologize on behalf of Wings fans. I think we're all on edge because of the unreasonable (and abundance) trades from Leafs fans on here lately. You don't seem to be trolling, I think you just don't fully understand our position as a franchise. Detroit isn't in win now mode, which is why it doesn't fit. Value wise, you're not too far off, Detroit just isn't the trade partner.
    aedoran liked this.
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:42 p.m.
    Banned
    He was shopped -__- and Mantha was the one traded because he was healthy to be traded. If both player were then Bertuzzi would have been dealt instead of Mantha and would have probably gotten the same return or less from him

No he wasn't shopped at all. Why would any GM trade for an injured player?
    RedWing9119 and Billy12Bob liked this.
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:44 p.m.
    Leafs Bring Me Pain
    Quoting: TheThunder
    1mil

Kevin Labanc did the same because he believed in the Sharks squad after the 2016 final heartbreak plus Hyman has a video game business in Toronto, had his first born son this year and has a crap load of sponsorship deals here as well. I'm unsure if you guys watch Toronto Area based News but he is on constant ads here on TV. If he walks away he ain't getting those deals anywhere else sad but true. Hyman might get 6 mil somewhere else but he might be getting 5 mil here already just based on incentives before a contract so?
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:45 p.m.
    Banned

I can't argue with a clueless moron. How is rental Rielly comparable in value to Vrana, 1st, 2nd, Panik?
    Billy12Bob liked this.
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:45 p.m.
    Leafs Bring Me Pain
    No he wasn't shopped at all. Why would any GM trade for an injured player?

2019 he was in trade rumours with the Edmonton Oilers
    2020 he was in trade rumours with about half the league due to his looming contract situation
    2021 he was injured if he wasn't he would have been dealt
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:47 p.m.

Seider will be on the team next season and he'll instantly make them better. Yzerman is rebuilding properly and will not be fast tracking it like the Leafs did. It clearly hasn't worked. Leafs are tied in playoff round wins with Detroit the past 5 years at 0.

I'm pretty sure he went with disk replacement instead of spinal fusion which is the most common here in North America.
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:48 p.m.
    Leafs Bring Me Pain
    I can't argue with a clueless moron.

What's moronic is a player like Bertuzzi was and has been on the block for 3+ seasons already and you believe that he is untouchable? He is clearly wanted by teams and will most likely get traded but since the supposed curse word " Toronto " came within that sentence that's when people are getting up in arms
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:49 p.m.
    Banned
    2019 he was in trade rumours with the Edmonton Oilers
    2020 he was in trade rumours with about half the league due to his looming contract situation
    2021 he was injured if he wasn't he would have been dealt

So now you're back tracking to the previous seasons? Your original point pertained to this season. Grasp some more straws while you're at it. Was Bertuzzi being shopped when he played in Grand Rapids too? Players are talked about all the time. It doesn't mean they're being shopped.

Yzerman could call Holland and say "Is McDavid available?" No would be the answer. You'd say the Oilers were shopping McDavid.
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:51 p.m.
    Banned
    What's moronic is a player like Bertuzzi was and has been on the block for 3+ seasons already and you believe that he is untouchable? He is clearly wanted by teams and will most likely get traded but since the supposed curse word " Toronto " came within that sentence that's when people are getting up in arms

I can't help you with your Leafs fan inferiority complex. So if Bertuzzi is wanted by other teams then why on earth would Yzerman trade him for a rental player like Rielly? It makes zero sense. The Red Wings don't exist to help out the Leafs.
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:54 p.m.
    Leafs Bring Me Pain
    Quoting: DeadWingsv2
    I'd like to apologize on behalf of Wings fans. I think we're all on edge because of the unreasonable (and abundance) trades from Leafs fans on here lately. You don't seem to be trolling, I think you just don't fully understand our position as a franchise. Detroit isn't in win now mode, which is why it doesn't fit. Value wise, you're not too far off, Detroit just isn't the trade partner.

But I'm more surprised that Yzerman isn't thinking ahead at this point when did he fully rebuild Tampa Bay and how long did it take? 2011 to 2013 they spent in Rebuild then made the playoffs in 2014, the Finals in 2015 and have been consistently in playoff contention ever since. This is Detroit's 3rd year away from playoff contention I'm not saying they have to be at Tampa level but they definatly need to start the path now according to the timelines and a Top 4 d man can give them that push
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:56 p.m.
    Banned
    But I'm more surprised that Yzerman isn't thinking ahead at this point when did he fully rebuild Tampa Bay and how long did it take? 2011 to 2013 they spent in Rebuild then made the playoffs in 2014, the Finals in 2015 and have been consistently in playoff contention ever since. This is Detroit's 3rd year away from playoff contention I'm not saying they have to be at Tampa level but they definatly need to start the path now according to the timelines and a Top 4 d man can give them that push

Yzerman started with Hedman and Stamkos when he went to Tampa. He doesn't have that luxury in Detroit. He's still cleaning up Holland's mess. He's been here 2 years. What do you expect? A Cup contender already? He'll build through the draft like he did in Tampa. This takes time.
    RedWing9119 and DeadWingsv2 liked this.
    Jun. 19, 2021 at 10:59 p.m.
    Leafs Bring Me Pain
    I can't help you with your Leafs fan inferiority complex. So if Bertuzzi is wanted by other teams then why on earth would Yzerman trade him for a rental player like Rielly? It makes zero sense. The Red Wings don't exist to help out the Leafs.

So it's I with the Inferiority complex by suggesting a trade based on information that is present and at everyone's disposal all the while suggesting a trade that could be beneficial to both squads? No an Inferiority complex is me thinking that the Leafs are inadequate so they MUST make these trades to be better but they don't have to because they are a good team but trades like this could make them a GREAT team that's the whole point of speculation and Mock trades?

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll