SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Cole Caufield

Cole Caufield

Draft Class: 2019
Created By: DevilsFanZack13
Published: Jun. 24, 2021 at 10:09 p.m.
Description
How many teams are regretting that they passed on this kid? He's been a stud since he stepped foot in the NHL this season.
Jun. 24, 2021 at 10:54 p.m.
Canes fan
Edited Jun. 24, 2021 at 11:52 p.m.
Philly, Florida, Minnesota, Zona, Vancouver, Anaheim, Edmonton, Buffalo, Detroit, LA, Colorado, Chicago, and NYR.

The Devils are perfectly fine with Jack Hughes. Any other team... they'd be drooling over the kid. Maybe not Florida since the got Knight though.

Edit: And Anaheim since Zegras is showing a lot of promise.
Devil liked this.
Jun. 24, 2021 at 10:57 p.m.
Devils Guy
Quoting: Dzinger18
Philly, Florida, Minnesota, Zona, Vancouver, Anaheim, Edmonton, Buffalo, Detroit, LA, Colorado, Chicago, and NYR.

The Devils are perfectly fine with Jack Hughes. Any other team... they'd be drooling over the kid. Maybe not Florida since the got Knight though.

Oh I'm not complaining about Jack at all. Just wondering how many teams are saying right now, man we missed out on this kid.
Zinger liked this.
Jun. 24, 2021 at 10:59 p.m.
Canes fan
Quoting: DevilsFanZack13
Oh I'm not complaining about Jack at all. Just wondering how many teams are saying right now, man we missed out on this kid.

Yeah definitely a lot of them. Rangers especially since they got bum Kakko.
Devil liked this.
Jun. 24, 2021 at 11:47 p.m.
Speak of the Devil

Knight is great but it was weird that Florida drafted Knight AND signed Bob in the same offseason.

I think you could remove Anaheim from the list above. I love Zegras and I think his positional value gives him a bit more value. Good thing Cole didn't end up in Philly or NY
Zinger and DevilsFanZack13 liked this.
Jun. 25, 2021 at 8:38 a.m.

I was gonna say before I saw your edit the Ducks could have the first overall pick in a redraft and they still take Zegras, Yeah Caufield should have went earlier but no shot the Ducks regret taking Zegras.

Rangers and Oilers probably kicking themselves the most imo
Zinger liked this.
Jun. 25, 2021 at 11:47 a.m.
Your deal is bad
Quoting: Salzy
I was gonna say before I saw your edit the Ducks could have the first overall pick in a redraft and they still take Zegras, Yeah Caufield should have went earlier but no shot the Ducks regret taking Zegras.

Rangers and Oilers probably kicking themselves the most imo

No way are the Rangers kicking themselves the 2nd most. Kakko has shown that he can at least play a quality two-way game at the NHL level. Some of those other players before Caufield haven't even played an NHL game. Untill the rest of the field plays an NHL game Rangers can't be in the worst spot.
ArakinSkywalker liked this.
Jun. 25, 2021 at 7:02 p.m.
Detroit is not complaining about Seider. Won SHL defenseman of the year when playing most the year at 19 years old. Hes just, not in the NHL yet. Likely will be top 3 in calder voting next year
Jun. 25, 2021 at 8:30 p.m.
I mean, as a Wild fan I'm perfectly happy to have Boldy. The kid is a absolute stud and beast of a prospect. Caufield and Boldy are two very different types of prospects and there's little to no reason to think Boldy can't be right there too.

The legendary Lou Nanne compares Boldy to Brett Hull, and more modern comps put him as a Mikko Rantanen type. His full 200 foot two-way game and size and top-six skill and hands means he will always be the more complete player.

I do like Caufield, and it's easy to root for him. And I like that he's making the effort to improve his two-way game too. I doubt he'll ever be as good as Boldy in that regard but he doesn't need to be, just not a liability. Again, as I already said, they're two very different players.
Jun. 26, 2021 at 12:39 p.m.

I’d say Chicago is perfectly fine with Dach as Cat is the same role and player as Caufield is, and they already have Debrincat and Kane.

I’d also say that Colorado is perfectly happy with Byram, could they use the punch in the top 6 sure, but in 2 years a Byram-Makar d pair is going to be unreal, with Toews, Girard, Timmons and Barron as the 3-6 is just a nasty d core.
Zinger liked this.
Jun. 27, 2021 at 7:49 p.m.
Jackson
size doesn't matter

stop being scared gms!!!!!!!!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll