$1,838,362$1,838,362
C, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$3,750,000$3,750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$975,000$975,000
LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
RFA - 3
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,333,333$2,333,333
LD/RD
RFA - 3
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,800,000$2,800,000
LD
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 1
$2,800,000$2,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$787,500$787,500
RD
UFA - 2
$1,633,333$1,633,333
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Oct. 22, 2021 at 12:44 p.m.
Nah.
(1) I'd change it to the lower (higher? however you want to phrase it - whichever one is further from #1) of the CHI or CBJ pick;

(2) Make the 2023 2nd contingent on Eichel playing X number of games in 2022;

(3) If it sweetens the pot any, give them a guy like Bemstrom also; F spots are about to become a real luxury when Marchenko, Johnson, et al. come over next year. Bemstrom has shown promise, but injuries have derailed his past two seasons. I still believe in him, but don't see the opportunity breaking through for him with CBJ;
gpmack95 liked this.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 12:50 p.m.
Quoting: dopplsan
(1) I'd change it to the lower (higher? however you want to phrase it - whichever one is further from #1) of the CHI or CBJ pick;

(2) Make the 2023 2nd contingent on Eichel playing X number of games in 2022;

(3) If it sweetens the pot any, give them a guy like Bemstrom also; F spots are about to become a real luxury when Marchenko, Johnson, et al. come over next year. Bemstrom has shown promise, but injuries have derailed his past two seasons. I still believe in him, but don't see the opportunity breaking through for him with CBJ;

I agree with all three. Other than those, fair trade? CBJ has looked really good (yes I know only first week of season) but if they get a franchise 1C like Eichel, oh boy watch out.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 12:55 p.m.
You know nothing JS
It might not be a popular take, but I would never trade Foudy for a guy who has a chance to never play again.
gpmack95 liked this.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 1:11 p.m.
Nah.
Quoting: gpmack95
I agree with all three. Other than those, fair trade? CBJ has looked really good (yes I know only first week of season) but if they get a franchise 1C like Eichel, oh boy watch out.

I mean, I'd say so. But that is BUF's call, not mine.

Quoting: jpsnow13
It might not be a popular take, but I would never trade Foudy for a guy who has a chance to never play again.

I mean, yeah, I'd take Foudy over "not playing" any day, but I don't think there is that level of seriousness to Eichel's potential procedure. If you are an acquiring team wanting Eichel this season, then yeah, there is risk, particularly as the trade was being discussed in the offseason with hope that Eichel would be ready for this year; but, I think CBJ wouldn't have any issue giving him all the time he needs (read: this season) to recover.

Only way I'm trading for Eichel is if/when his price drops. If BUF keeps wanting to do this "Four 1sts" thing, then nah. With guys like Foudy and Texier running out of opportunities to show out in Cbus, I look at this and see the only substantial loss being the 1st, and maybe the 2022 2nd.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 1:34 p.m.
You know nothing JS

I don't think there is that level of seriousness to Eichel's potential procedure. .

^THIS

Do you know who think there's that level of seriousness to the experimental surgery? Buffalo's doctors... Or else they wouldn’t forbid it.

People just do wishfull thinking because they get excited at the idea of a healthy Eichel, while he's sitting at home unable to play...
Oct. 22, 2021 at 1:50 p.m.
Nah.
^THIS

Do you know who think there's that level of seriousness to the experimental surgery? Buffalo's doctors... Or else they wouldn’t forbid it.

People just do wishfull thinking because they get excited at the idea of a healthy Eichel, while he's sitting at home unable to play...

You ain't wrong...but this entire exercise comes with the understanding that Eichel is relatively healthy. CBJ, CGY, ANA, COL, VGK, whoever...BUF opened up the books to them weeks ago, and they're making the medical determination themselves. I'm certain if any GM is humoring this trade, they have an army of medical consultants standing by them.

BUF's doctors wanted rehab. Jack disagreed, asked for disk replacement, and BU approved the procedure, before making a 180 because they preferred standard procedure fusion surgery. The only reason we've gotten for their hesitance is that the procedure hasn't been performed on an active NHL player, without describing specific concerns. To be fair, they don't have to tell us ****, but I think jumping to the conclusion that it's because it would be career threatening is a bit of a reach.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 1:56 p.m.

Foudy? He sucks.
Torts loved him and talked him up big time...."he plays with so much freakin speed"
He really hasn't shown much in his 2+ years now. He's fast, yes, but he hasn't matched his speed to skate with his talent.
Torts is gone.
Sillinger, Bemstrom, Chinakhov, Texier, and Hoffman are all well above Foudy in the depth chart now.
With Marchenko, Johnson and Voronkov on the horizon, it would be best to dump Foudy now while is perceived value is higher than when people figure out he probably won't pan out as top 6 forward. And maybe he will become a top 6 F somewhere else, but it probably won't happen here in Columbus.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 2:17 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Quoting: Bluejackets2000
Foudy? He sucks.
Torts loved him and talked him up big time...."he plays with so much freakin speed"
He really hasn't shown much in his 2+ years now. He's fast, yes, but he hasn't matched his speed to skate with his talent.
Torts is gone.
Sillinger, Bemstrom, Chinakhov, Texier, and Hoffman are all well above Foudy in the depth chart now.
With Marchenko, Johnson and Voronkov on the horizon, it would be best to dump Foudy now while is perceived value is higher than when people figure out he probably won't pan out as top 6 forward. And maybe he will become a top 6 F somewhere else, but it probably won't happen here in Columbus.

The guy is 21. "he hasn't shown much" LOL
Oct. 22, 2021 at 2:32 p.m.
You know nothing JS
Edited Oct. 22, 2021 at 2:38 p.m.
You ain't wrong...but this entire exercise comes with the understanding that Eichel is relatively healthy. CBJ, CGY, ANA, COL, VGK, whoever...BUF opened up the books to them weeks ago, and they're making the medical determination themselves. I'm certain if any GM is humoring this trade, they have an army of medical consultants standing by them.

BUF's doctors wanted rehab. Jack disagreed, asked for disk replacement, and BU approved the procedure, before making a 180 because they preferred standard procedure fusion surgery. The only reason we've gotten for their hesitance is that the procedure hasn't been performed on an active NHL player, without describing specific concerns. To be fair, they don't have to tell us ****, but I think jumping to the conclusion that it's because it would be career threatening is a bit of a reach.

- Can Eichel play right now? No
- Can it heal by itself? No
- Will he do the fusion surgery? No
- Do the team doctors who follow him think there’s a risk he won't be able to play after the disk replacement? Yes, or else they would allow it.
- If that surgery fails, is there another solution? No
- Does Eichel still have a career if the surgery doesn't bring him to game shape ? No

So it's a career threatening operation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Im not the one saying it, but qualifies doctors. If they thought the disc replacement would hold 5 years, they would allow it. Which is why they want the fusion.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 2:39 p.m.
Sabres decline. Two players that we do not need, and two prospects that have not yet shown themselves in any way. It is clear that Columbus will not trade Sillinger, but the offer is not impressive.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 2:59 p.m.
Quoting: SalamiCheese
Sabres decline. Two players that we do not need, and two prospects that have not yet shown themselves in any way. It is clear that Columbus will not trade Sillinger, but the offer is not impressive.

I agree, Sillinger or Johnson NEEDS to be the centerpiece with less surrounding it. For instance Domi (1 yr to UFA), Kent Johnson, 2022 1st, Conditional 2023 3rd or something. No way the Sabres are looking for a higher quantity of pieces that don't fit their timeline. It's more about 1 or 2 Major pieces to help spark the rebuild like a Kent Johnson or Cole Sillinger and the first. That would leave a center core of Eichel, Sillinger, Foudy + which I don't think is anything to look down at. Maybe send Bryson back the other way as a cheap RFA LD.

Obviously a very complicated decision with Jack's injury, but if your team doctor's don't like what they see when they review the files don't make the trade. You can't get a top 10 Center in the world for pennies on the dollar. Luckily none of us have to worry about making that decision though because it certainly is not an easy one...
SalamiCheese liked this.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 5:23 p.m.

After seeing what has happened to the defense in the last two seasons I would be very hesitant to trade Foudy/Bemmstrom/Texier/etc just for the sake of making room for guys like Marchenko and Johnson. A couple years ago the CBJ had one of the best defense corps in the league with guys like Kukan/Peeke/Carlsson looking for a spot. We were talking about having 10+ NHL caliber dmen in the organization. Now Jones/Nuti/Murray/Savard are gone, Carlsson and Kukan look like dime a dozen bottom paring guys at best, Peeke looks like a 4D at best, and freaking Scott Harrington has dressed for the last 3 games. Jarmo has some promising young guys in Bean & Boqvist but their defensive shortcomings are very evident. I'm not even sure there are currently 6 dmen in the organization that should be playing in the NHL right now.

Looking at the forwards, Domi will likely go to whoever offers him the most money next summer, Nyquist and Voracek are both 32 so they're are not part of the future. Right there is half the current top6 and guys likely to be gone. Foudy/Bemmstrom/Texier might never reach top6 but there's plenty of forward spots available that they don't need moved just for the lack of spots.
Oct. 22, 2021 at 5:30 p.m.
Nah.
Quoting: tleaf28
After seeing what has happened to the defense in the last two seasons I would be very hesitant to trade Foudy/Bemmstrom/Texier/etc just for the sake of making room for guys like Marchenko and Johnson. A couple years ago the CBJ had one of the best defense corps in the league with guys like Kukan/Peeke/Carlsson looking for a spot. We were talking about having 10+ NHL caliber dmen in the organization. Now Jones/Nuti/Murray/Savard are gone, Carlsson and Kukan look like dime a dozen bottom paring guys at best, Peeke looks like a 4D at best, and freaking Scott Harrington has dressed for the last 3 games. Jarmo has some promising young guys in Bean & Boqvist but their defensive shortcomings are very evident. I'm not even sure there are currently 6 dmen in the organization that should be playing in the NHL right now.

Looking at the forwards, Domi will likely go to whoever offers him the most money next summer, Nyquist and Voracek are both 32 so they're are not part of the future. Right there is half the current top6 and guys likely to be gone. Foudy/Bemmstrom/Texier might never reach top6 but there's plenty of forward spots available that they don't need moved just for the lack of spots.

Fair points...tough to evaluate it in a vacuum. Just difficult to, yet again, be in a position where it feels like I'm saying "maybe next year" with some of these young guys. Were it up to me, Foudy would be getting the call before Chinakhov, and Bemstrom before Foudy, but again, injuries.

- Can Eichel play right now? No
- Can it heal by itself? No
- Will he do the fusion surgery? No
- Do the team doctors who follow him think there’s a risk he won't be able to play after the disk replacement? Yes, or else they would allow it.
- If that surgery fails, is there another solution? No
- Does Eichel still have a career if the surgery doesn't bring him to game shape ? No

So it's a career threatening operation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Im not the one saying it, but qualifies doctors. If they thought the disc replacement would hold 5 years, they would allow it. Which is why they want the fusion.

Similarly, Eichel would be wearing another sweater yesterday but for BUF not budging from their asking price. So you obviously have a market of teams and their medical consultants who are confident enough he can recover so as to make a trade.

All of which comes back to the original point - yes, I would have Foudy in an Eichel trade package, even assuming the risk of surgery.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll