If Anaheim is the team that trades for Jack Eichel

Created by: sensonfire
Team: 2021-22 Anaheim Ducks
Initial Creation Date: Oct. 30, 2021
Published: Oct. 30, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
https://twitter.com/thefourthperiod/status/1417317373661618180?s=21

If Buffalo succeeds in acquiring the equivalent value of these 4 assets for Jack Eichel,

Buffalo wins.

If Buffalo fails in acquiring the equivalent value of these 4 assets for Jack Eichel,

Buffalo loses.

If it is unclear, but possible, that the return on Jack Eichel is equivalent in value to these 4 assets,

It's a fair trade.

Those are my own personal rules with regards to a blockbuster trade for Eichel for voting on Capfriendly's "Who won the trade?"

The Rangers and Golden Knights version to this post can be found here.

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/2829938

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/2872629
Trades
ANA
  1. Eichel, Jack
Additional Details:
As far back as July, if not earlier ...

Buffalo Sabres GM Kevyn Adams has specifically asked for the equivalent of ...

2 NHL Players + 2 Top Prospects/First Round Picks ...

in value for Jack Eichel.

That was at least 3 months ago.

The team that trades for Eichel would also need to send a sizeable contract to Buffalo.

Because Buffalo needs to stay above the floor and has openly refused to retain any salary on Eichel whatsoever.
BUF
  1. 2022 1st round pick (ANA)
  2. 2023 1st round pick (ANA)
  3. 2024 1st round pick (ANA)
ANA
    On this side, these are the players that Buffalo can try trading for and that are free of any trade protection as of the 2021-2022 NHL Season.

Once a player is acquired, his contract is acquired as well.

Rickard Rakell
    Maxime Comtois
    Sonny Milano
    Derek Grant
    Troy Terry
    Max Jones
    Nicolas Deslauriers
    Sam Steel
    Isac Lundestrom
    Benoit Olivier-Groulx

Hampus Lindholm
    Jacob Larsson
    Simon Benoit
    Kodie Curran

Anthony Stolarz
    BUF
      On this side, you have prospects that I think would all qualify as each having the value of a first round pick or greater.

For the purposes of this post, a prospect is anyone who is still on an ELC or is on the reserve list.

Mason McTavish
      Trevor Zegras
      Jacob Perreault
      Brayden Tracey

Jamie Drysdale
      Buyouts
      Buried
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the TOR
      Logo of the NSH
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      Logo of the ANA
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      23$81,500,000$53,284,583$0$3,415,000$28,215,417
      Left WingCentreRight Wing
      Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
      $2,037,500$2,037,500
      LW
      RFA - 2
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      C, LW
      RFA - 2
      $1,700,000$1,700,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $1,456,250$1,456,250
      LW, C
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      $3,000,000$3,000,000 (Performance Bonus$1,500,000$2M)
      C
      NMC
      UFA - 1
      $1,450,000$1,450,000
      RW
      UFA - 2
      $874,125$874,125
      C, LW
      RFA - 1
      $874,125$874,125
      C, LW
      RFA - 1
      $5,250,000$5,250,000
      RW, LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      $1,000,000$1,000,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $822,500$822,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
      C
      RFA - 2
      $1,500,000$1,500,000
      LW, C
      UFA - 2
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $6,500,000$6,500,000
      LD/RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 5
      $2,050,000$2,050,000
      RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      $6,400,000$6,400,000
      G
      M-NTC
      UFA - 6
      $2,602,778$2,602,778
      LD
      UFA - 1
      $3,900,000$3,900,000
      RD
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $950,000$950,000
      G
      UFA - 2
      $809,166$809,166 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
      LD
      UFA - 1
      $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      RD
      RFA - 2
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $925,000$925,000
      C, LW
      RFA - 4
      $2,463,139$2,463,139
      RW, LW
      UFA - 1
      Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
      $10,000,000$10,000,000
      C
      UFA - 5
      $750,000$750,000
      C, RW
      UFA - 1
      $1,295,000$1,295,000
      LW, RW
      RFA - 3
      $6,875,000$6,875,000
      C, RW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      $750,000$750,000
      LD/RD
      RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Oct. 30, 2021 at 8:20 p.m.
      EklundCelebriniSmith
      Rakell (TDL bait, 1st+ value), Comtois (former first), 2023 First, 2022 2nd, Lundestrom (a top prospect who’s playing well) as the only assets I’d want to see moved if I was a Ducks fan. Maybe Steel.
      (Not saying Buffalo takes it or anything)
      sensonfire liked this.
      Oct. 30, 2021 at 8:29 p.m.
      Quoting: yikes
      Rakell (TDL bait, 1st+ value), Comtois (former first), 2023 First, 2022 2nd, Lundestrom (a top prospect who’s playing well) as the only assets I’d want to see moved if I was a Ducks fan. Maybe Steel.
      (Not saying Buffalo takes it or anything)

I know you're not saying Buffalo takes it, but there's no Eichel trade to any team that doesn't have the 2022 first. Buffalo wants players to grow with Cozens and Dahlin/Power as soon as possible. Maybe you get away with only one 1st round pick, but I can almost guarantee it's not going to be the 2023 one.
      sensonfire and yikes liked this.
      Oct. 30, 2021 at 8:34 p.m.
      EklundCelebriniSmith
      Quoting: PuckLuck_77
      I know you're not saying Buffalo takes it, but there's no Eichel trade to any team that doesn't have the 2022 first. Buffalo wants players to grow with Cozens and Dahlin/Power as soon as possible. Maybe you get away with only one 1st round pick, but I can almost guarantee it's not going to be the 2023 one.

Yup but if I’m Anaheim I know I’m not giving up my 2022 first. Eichels not healthy and my team is not amazing. I could legitimately draft Wright this year. And if I’m Anaheim I do not consider losing Wright. Under any circumstance. I would only trade the 2022 pick for Eichel if that pick is top 5 protected. I would consider adding then. That’s why I showed that I would send a unprotected 2023 first.
      sensonfire and PuckLuck_77 liked this.
      Oct. 30, 2021 at 8:48 p.m.
      Yup but if I’m Anaheim I know I’m not giving up my 2022 first. Eichels not healthy and my team is not amazing. I could legitimately draft Wright this year. And if I’m Anaheim I do not consider losing Wright. Under any circumstance for Eichel unless that pick is top 5 protected. I would consider it then.

I hear you. So maybe there's a condition on the pick for a lottery win. But I don't think it's realistic for any team that --legitimately-- wants Eichel to say they won't give up their 2022. Gotta imagine Buffalo will be happy coming away with anywhere in the 3-7 range in 2022.

Yes, Eichel isn't healthy, and there's risk involved in trading for him. But how many prospects/rookies actually (as unbiased as you can) have a ceiling that Eichel does and has shown at the NHL level? For full transparency I'm a Kings fan. I think Byfield scratches the very bottom of that list, and I think Wright makes that list. So my list is currently 1.5 players. Outside of that?? Absolutely none of the other Kings prospects make it. I don't think Zegras makes it, as electric as he is. I certainly don't think Krebs makes it. Rossi certainly doesn't either.

As much as Buffalo fans can get a little ahead of themselves with their asks, I can't help but laugh at all these teams suddenly having prospects that are untouchable for a guy like Eichel. There's just as much risk, if not more, that the prospect doesn't live up to anything near a top flight center, much less a top-5 one. Same goes for Byfield.

Ah well. I'm just enjoying watching the fireworks. With Danaults signing, the Kings essentially walked out of the Eichel budding war, so I mostly don't have to worry about a stupid trade getting rid of our depth in prospects/picks/talent.
      sensonfire liked this.
      Oct. 30, 2021 at 8:50 p.m.
      EklundCelebriniSmith
      I hear you. So maybe there's a condition on the pick for a lottery win. But I don't think it's realistic for any team that --legitimately-- wants Eichel to say they won't give up their 2022. Gotta imagine Buffalo will be happy coming away with anywhere in the 3-7 range in 2022.

Yes, Eichel isn't healthy, and there's risk involved in trading for him. But how many prospects/rookies actually (as unbiased as you can) have a ceiling that Eichel does and has shown at the NHL level? For full transparency I'm a Kings fan. I think Byfield scratches the very bottom of that list, and I think Wright makes that list. So my list is currently 1.5 players. Outside of that?? Absolutely none of the other Kings prospects make it. I don't think Zegras makes it, as electric as he is. I certainly don't think Krebs makes it. Rossi certainly doesn't either.

As much as Buffalo fans can get a little ahead of themselves with their asks, I can't help but laugh at all these teams suddenly having prospects that are untouchable for a guy like Eichel. There's just as much risk, if not more, that the prospect doesn't live up to anything near a top flight center, much less a top-5 one. Same goes for Byfield.

Ah well. I'm just enjoying watching the fireworks. With Danaults signing, the Kings essentially walked out of the Eichel budding war, so I mostly don't have to worry about a stupid trade getting rid of our depth in prospects/picks/talent.

I mean I do like Lundestrom for BUF, I can’t think Zegras would be involved tho I agree with fans in that. You’re getting Eichel to play with Zegras basically so if you lose Zegras there’s little point.

Imo, you have to involve that teams point of view. I think there’s a world where the Kings would involve Byfield but I wouldn’t. And clearly they wouldn’t. Part of the asking Buffalo is demanding is almost unplayable by the elite teams so you have rebuilders bidding on Eichel who want their top prospects they slaved for, and the others are desperate like Vegas who also is quite poor towards Buffalos ask. So you have teams with prospects who have prospects they just can’t afford to lose and teams with maybe not the right amount/ quality of pieces tryna bundle something together.

If Vegas gets Eichel without moving Krebs, I can’t see many ways of Buffalo “winning” the trade.
      PuckLuck_77 and sensonfire liked this.
      Oct. 30, 2021 at 8:59 p.m.
      I mean I do like Lundestrom for BUF, I can’t think Zegras would be involved tho I agree with fans in that. You’re getting Eichel to play with Zegras basically so if you lose Zegras there’s little point.

Imo, you have to involve that teams point of view. I think there’s a world where the Kings would involve Byfield but I wouldn’t. And clearly they wouldn’t. Part of the asking Buffalo is demanding is almost unplayable by the elite teams so you have rebuilders bidding on Eichel who want their top prospects they slaved for, and the others are desperate like Vegas who also is quite poor towards Buffalos ask. So you have teams with prospects who have prospects they just can’t afford to lose and teams with maybe not the right amount/ quality of pieces tryna bundle something together.

If Vegas gets Eichel without moving Krebs, I can’t see many ways of Buffalo “winning” the trade.

100% agree with all that you wrote. It's why I, as a Kings fan, want Anaheim to trade for him. I get why fans don't want him involved, and if they can do it without Zegras, good for them, but those two are going to have so little support with no help incoming. =p

As far as the Kings, they were one of the few teams that made sense with their absurd stockpile of prospects. Even if Turcotte and another couple of top guys went the other way, you still have Byfield and Kaliyev. If Byfield went, you likely have another 1st staying in LA, and you've got Turcotte still. So much support for Eichel even after the trade. I'd personally rather see how the kids develop, which us why I'm glad the Kings aren't really an option anymore.

And it's a clear loss for the Sabers if they can't get Krebs out of Vegas. The dude was picked in the teens and has shown little to nothing at the NHL level. Buffalo can't accept that he's untouchable.
      sensonfire and yikes liked this.
      Oct. 30, 2021 at 11:57 p.m.
      LongtimeLeafsufferer
      IMO, no team with cap...like Anaheim are giving up a possible top 5 pick and more for Eichel. They keep their picks and spend 10m on UFAs instead of one Eichel.
      sensonfire liked this.
      Oct. 31, 2021 at 12:02 a.m.
      Sabres fan
      100% agree with all that you wrote. It's why I, as a Kings fan, want Anaheim to trade for him. I get why fans don't want him involved, and if they can do it without Zegras, good for them, but those two are going to have so little support with no help incoming. =p

As far as the Kings, they were one of the few teams that made sense with their absurd stockpile of prospects. Even if Turcotte and another couple of top guys went the other way, you still have Byfield and Kaliyev. If Byfield went, you likely have another 1st staying in LA, and you've got Turcotte still. So much support for Eichel even after the trade. I'd personally rather see how the kids develop, which us why I'm glad the Kings aren't really an option anymore.

And it's a clear loss for the Sabers if they can't get Krebs out of Vegas. The dude was picked in the teens and has shown little to nothing at the NHL level. Buffalo can't accept that he's untouchable.

Vegas’s problem is they actually suck at drafting and developing players thus far. They dealt away Suzuki who is the only player they drafted that has excelled so far, although it’s not really fair to fully assess their entire program in only 4 years. Glass was a bust to this point and they dealt him for Nolan Patrick who is another project player, but I like him still. Outside of Krebs they really don’t have any young forwards that they feel good about. He may not be NHL ready at this point, but that doesn’t make him a bust yet.
      sensonfire liked this.
      Oct. 31, 2021 at 12:22 a.m.
      Once a Kings Fan Too
      Adam Henrique, Max Jones, Sam Steel, Brayden Tracey, 2023 first-round draft pick.

After Eichel has his operation and passes a physical.
      sensonfire liked this.
      Oct. 31, 2021 at 12:40 a.m.
      sensonfire
      Quoting: OldNYIfan
      Adam Henrique, Max Jones, Sam Steel, Brayden Tracey, 2023 first-round draft pick.

After Eichel has his operation and passes a physical.

Would Henrique waive his 10 team no-trade list if the Sabres were on that list?
      Oct. 31, 2021 at 12:55 a.m.
      Once a Kings Fan Too
      Quoting: sensonfire
      Would Henrique waive his 10 team no-trade list if the Sabres were on that list?

Hard to speculate, but I think that once guys get here, they're loath to leave Southern California.
      sensonfire liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll