10 team no-trade list

7 Canadian teams + Seattle + Buffalo + Nashville

Jake McCabe

7 team no-trade list

7 Canadian teams
Nov. 8, 2021 at 11:47 p.m.
GO FLAMES GO
Why would MAF say no to Pittsburgh? Just wondering
sensonfire, bagelbob and Pensfan89 liked this.
Nov. 8, 2021 at 11:48 p.m.
STL
As someone that just bought low on Fleury in fantasy, I would love for him to end up in EDM.
sensonfire liked this.
Nov. 8, 2021 at 11:50 p.m.
I think for Johnson its a little bit trickier than that. I think he cares about team standing, but I think he also probably would want to be more than a 4th liner. He would probably would want to go to a team where he has a feasible chance at getting top 6 / PP action. Everything else makes sense
sensonfire liked this.
Nov. 9, 2021 at 12:01 a.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: Gmonwy

He wouldn't appreciate the fact that Pittsburgh exposed him to Vegas during the 2017 expansion draft instead of Matt Murray.

If it weren't for Fleury in the first two rounds of the playoffs, particularly against Washington, Pittsburgh doesn't win the Cup in 2017.

Pittsburgh is still owned by the same person today, as in 2017.

Mario Lemieux.

When he was traded to Chicago, he considered retirement instead of a contract termination that would allow him to 'jump ship' and sign in Pittsburgh.

Instead, he decided to stick it to Vegas by announcing he would play for Chicago in the final year of his contract.

Making everybody believe that Vegas got fleeced.

Never underestimate someone who has a chip on their shoulder awesome face
Nov. 9, 2021 at 12:07 a.m.
GO FLAMES GO
Quoting: sensonfire
He wouldn't appreciate the fact that Pittsburgh exposed him to Vegas during the 2017 expansion draft instead of Matt Murray.

If it weren't for Fleury in the first two rounds of the playoffs, particularly against Washington, Pittsburgh doesn't win the Cup in 2017.

Mario Lemieux.

When he was traded to Chicago, he considered retirement instead of a contract termination that would allow him to 'jump ship' and sign in Pittsburgh.

Instead, he decided to stick it to Vegas by announcing he would play for Chicago in the final year of his contract.

Can you please do Calgary next?
sensonfire liked this.
Nov. 9, 2021 at 12:09 a.m.
sensonfire
Can you please do Calgary next?

Tomorrow.
Nov. 9, 2021 at 12:29 a.m.

Or the Canadian teams…?considering that’s where he is from lol
Nov. 9, 2021 at 12:32 a.m.

Mario Lemieux.

Except he understood the reasoning and isn’t mad at the pens in any way. Every time he plays the pens he still hangs out with his buddies still on the team and probably would welcome coming back to Pittsburgh if it was in the cards. Especially since the fans love him. And management has said publicly and I’m sure to him to that they never wanted to expose him, but they were forced by the cap
sensonfire liked this.
Nov. 9, 2021 at 2:29 a.m.
STL

Mario Lemieux.

Maybe an exception, but Perron was also exposed to VGK in the draft and still chose to return to STL where he currently seems like he wouldn't consider going anywhere else.
sensonfire liked this.
Nov. 9, 2021 at 8:01 a.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: Pensfan89
Or the Canadian teams…?considering that’s where he is from lol

Same reasons why players that have 7 team no-trade lists refuse to play for any of the Canadian teams.
Nov. 9, 2021 at 10:12 p.m.
Same reasons why players that have 7 team no-trade lists refuse to play for any of the Canadian teams.

There is only 1 player on here that has a 7 team no trade list and your reasoning is because he is American and there are only 7 Canadian teams. Fleury doesn’t have a 7 team no trade list. It’s a 10 team. And Fleury is Canadian, not American lol.
Nov. 10, 2021 at 9:28 a.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: Pensfan89
There is only 1 player on here that has a 7 team no trade list and your reasoning is because he is American and there are only 7 Canadian teams. Fleury doesn’t have a 7 team no trade list. It’s a 10 team. And Fleury is Canadian, not American lol.

Fleury probably wouldn't want the enormous amount of scrutiny that comes with being a #1 goalie in a Canadian hockey market.

So, he would have the 7 Canadian teams + Pittsburgh for the reasons I mentioned.

Then he would have Washington and Detroit.

Because those are the two teams that deprived him of another Stanley Cup Win when his team was in the finals.

It's all speculation.

So, in your opinion ...

Which 10 teams do you think are on Fleury's no-trade list?

I'm very curious on what your answer is smile
Nov. 10, 2021 at 10:13 a.m.
Fleury probably wouldn't want the enormous amount of scrutiny that comes with being a #1 goalie in a Canadian hockey market.

So, he would have the 7 Canadian teams + Pittsburgh for the reasons I mentioned.

Then he would have Washington and Detroit.

Because those are the two teams that deprived him of another Stanley Cup Win when his team was in the finals.

It's all speculation.

So, in your opinion ...

Which 10 teams do you think are on Fleury's no-trade list?

I'm very curious on what your answer is smile

I can guarantee you that Fleury doesn’t feel that pressure and would welcome it and rise to the occasion. And I can guarantee that players don’t hold grudges against teams that beat them in the playoffs lol. Otherwise he’d have asked for a full NMC.

Fleury is at the stage of his career where winning is the priority and going for more cups.
So as of now I can pretty much guarantee Arizona is on the NTC

Arizona, Seattle, Dallas, Ottawa, Vancouver, Buffalo, Nashville, Detroit, San Jose, and maybe vegas.
Arizona, Ottawa, and Seattle are obvious. They suck and their record shows it. Dallas, Vancouver, and Nashville are pretenders. Buffalo, Detroit, San Jose are bound to come back to earth and with the E. Kane situation, he’d probably not want to go to a locker room like that. And vegas actually did do him dirty. Only reason I went them over MTL is because MTL is his hometown team and how Vegas handled his trade.
sensonfire liked this.
Nov. 10, 2021 at 4:21 p.m.
torontos finest
"7 canadian teams" is a cop out to actually putting any effort into this, especially when a bunch of players are canadian.
Nov. 10, 2021 at 4:35 p.m.
sensonfire
Quoting: mondo
"7 canadian teams" is a cop out to actually putting any effort into this, especially when a bunch of players are canadian.

Alright then.

I've tried guessing the teams that are on the trade lists or no-trade lists for players on about 20 teams so far in the forums.

If you could take a guess on some of them, I'll take a look.

Also, I think many players put even less thought or effort into it.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll