Team: 2021-22 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 23, 2021
Published: Dec. 24, 2021
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
TOR
  1. Lauzon, Jérémy
Additional Details:
Ideally a 6th/7th LHD able to play both sides.
SEA
  1. Holl, Justin
Additional Details:
Solid 2nd/3rd pairing RHD on a team friendly contract. Needs a change of scenery.
TOR
  1. DeBrusk, Jake ($1,837,500 retained)
  2. Senyshyn, Zach
Additional Details:
Both players need a change. Neither seem in the Bruins plans and DeBrusk would fit the Leafs better than Richie.
BOS
  1. Anderson, Joey
  2. Hollowell, Mac
  3. Ritchie, Nick
  4. 2022 1st round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
Richie also needs a change and is still a useful player, and would be required for salary considerations. Anderson is NHL ready for the 4th line and brings some speed and fore-checking on a very good contract. Hollowell is a solid b level prospect. A 1st to sweeten the pot.
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$81,470,616$0$400,000$29,384
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$950,000$950,000
LW
UFA - 2
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 3
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 4
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$1,837,500$1,837,500
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 2
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW
UFA - 1
$1,645,000$1,645,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 3
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$3,800,000$3,800,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 1
Logo of the Seattle Kraken
$850,000$850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 24, 2021 at 10:36 a.m.
so you admit the leafs are giving up the better defenceman, and then throw in a 1st and a decent prospect for an AHL player and a guy who is having an awful season and has a stupid high qualifying offer next season?
these are really really bad for the leafs
Barbs, Dutchies, GenXHockey and 1 other person liked this.
Dec. 24, 2021 at 10:48 a.m.
Banned
The fact that you chose boston as a trade partner to dump your crap on is very telling.
Dec. 24, 2021 at 10:51 a.m.
Quoting: CMcAvoy73
The fact that you chose boston as a trade partner to dump your crap on is very telling.

You're right that it's crap going to BOS, but no way the Leafs trade a first for 2 pieces that won't make a difference in a playoff run.

This is just a bad trade all around
CMcAvoy73 and GenXHockey liked this.
Dec. 24, 2021 at 10:56 a.m.
Quoting: JaredOfLondon
so you admit the leafs are giving up the better defenceman, and then throw in a 1st and a decent prospect for an AHL player and a guy who is having an awful season and has a stupid high qualifying offer next season?
these are really really bad for the leafs

Holl is needs to move on. Both Lilly and Dermott are better options on the right side right now. He has a 2M contract that doesn't fit on the bottom pairing or in the press box.

DeBrusk is a better option on the Leafs than Richie and, I believe, Richie is a better option for the Bruins than DeBrusk. Senyshyn has been solid in the AHL for Providence, however, handled incorrectly from all I'm reading form other Bruins fans and media. He's got size, speed and skill, just needs the toolbox. The Leafs can help develop that. DeBrusk is a better player than Richie, IMO and is a much more reliable player in the top 9. This is a buy low scenario. That 1st is going to be near the bottom third of the round, and should he play well, he could always be traded for a comparable asset as you would get with that pick. Hollowell and Anderson are both bottom of the lineup potential, and I'm sure you can agree the Leafs have a lot of those types of players. Anderson could step into the Bruins lineup today on the 4th line. He's needs NHL opportunity.

It's not as bad as you make it out to be for either side.
Dec. 24, 2021 at 11:01 a.m.
Quoting: tony135420
Holl is needs to move on. Both Lilly and Dermott are better options on the right side right now. He has a 2M contract that doesn't fit on the bottom pairing or in the press box.

DeBrusk is a better option on the Leafs than Richie and, I believe, Richie is a better option for the Bruins than DeBrusk. Senyshyn has been solid in the AHL for Providence, however, handled incorrectly from all I'm reading form other Bruins fans and media. He's got size, speed and skill, just needs the toolbox. The Leafs can help develop that. DeBrusk is a better player than Richie, IMO and is a much more reliable player in the top 9. This is a buy low scenario. That 1st is going to be near the bottom third of the round, and should he play well, he could always be traded for a comparable asset as you would get with that pick. Hollowell and Anderson are both bottom of the lineup potential, and I'm sure you can agree the Leafs have a lot of those types of players. Anderson could step into the Bruins lineup today on the 4th line. He's needs NHL opportunity.

It's not as bad as you make it out to be for either side.

Holl does not need to move, especially if it makes the team worse, and a middling 7th defender is something you can literally get off waivers ever other month.
Debrusk has the same amount of points Ritchie does and will be exceptionally expensive next season, hell, last season on the same team Ritchie had more goals than Debrusk had points, why does Debrusk have all this untapped potential suddenly and Ritchie is a slug? Debrusk's value is in the sewer. Just because you think he could improve doesnt mean he has peak value. He's a buy low guy, there is nothing in that package that warrents a 1st or even Hollowell, the value is awful for the leafs
GenXHockey and palhal liked this.
Dec. 24, 2021 at 11:02 a.m.
Quoting: CMcAvoy73

What do you think DeBrusk and Senyshyn will get on the open market? Both have requested trades, neither is having a great season, however, You're getting a player that can step in right away and is the same age as DeBrusk, 2 b level prospects and a 1st. unsure how that is crap. If anything, Leafs fans will probably laugh at this proposal. I think it makes the Leafs better, but hey that's just my opinion.
Dec. 24, 2021 at 11:15 a.m.
Holl does not need to move, especially if it makes the team worse, and a middling 7th defender is something you can literally get off waivers ever other month.
Debrusk has the same amount of points Ritchie does and will be exceptionally expensive next season, hell, last season on the same team Ritchie had more goals than Debrusk had points, why does Debrusk have all this untapped potential suddenly and Ritchie is a slug? Debrusk's value is in the sewer. Just because you think he could improve doesnt mean he has peak value. He's a buy low guy, there is nothing in that package that warrents a 1st or even Hollowell, the value is awful for the leafs

You're not entirely wrong about DeBrusk and I will admit, I had a 2nd instead of 1st initially, but bumped it to a 1st as I do see DeBrusk as the better player and Richie's contract has another year at 2.5M. Granted DeBrusks qualifying offer is going to be higher than Richie's contract, but that can be dealt with in the offseason. I think he's just in a bad situation. I like Richie's game, just not his cap hit and the only line he seems to fit on is the 4th line, not exactly an ideal position for a 2.5M player on a cap strapped team. Holl to me is a bottom pairing dman on a contender, if that. His IQ in all zones is subpar. Given the right partner he can be effective, unfortunately, Muzz has fallen off a cliff this year for whatever reason. Full disclosure, I have never been high on Holl, always thought he was being carried by Muzz and wasn't happy he was signed for 2M. Lauzon is a solid 2-way defense man and brings some sandpaper, isn't flashy by any means and is able to skate. His TOI suggests he's playing on the bottom pairing and that's what his contract lines up with. To me this move creates the space for Lilly and Dermott to be regulars in the lineup and saves cap space.
Dec. 24, 2021 at 12:46 p.m.
Deleted
Senyshyn requested a trade due to a lack of NHL opportunity, so why are we trading for him only to play him in the minors? I dont see the fit there
Dec. 24, 2021 at 12:59 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer

Coach Keefe doesn't agree with you. The fact that Holl playing 20 minutes a night, and lots of PK shows he right now he isn't the better option.
Leafs top 7 Dmen are just fine.
Now in the last game, Muzzin was partnered with Liljegren, and Holl partnered with Dermot (and maybe Sandin) just might be a better pairings. 2m contracts fits quite well, and really no indication at all that Holl is a press box guy.
Dec. 24, 2021 at 3:07 p.m.
Banned
What do you think DeBrusk and Senyshyn will get on the open market? Both have requested trades, neither is having a great season, however, You're getting a player that can step in right away and is the same age as DeBrusk, 2 b level prospects and a 1st. unsure how that is crap. If anything, Leafs fans will probably laugh at this proposal. I think it makes the Leafs better, but hey that's just my opinion.

I think:
1. Toronto and Boston will not be trading. You can stop right here if you want, because everything else is just kind of background, as the overriding thing here is that those two teams will not be making a trade.
2. Nick Ritchie is absolutely horrible, and shouldn’t be in the NHL.
3. Debrusk is actually playing okay right now (like a 17 goal pace or something).
4. The leafs could have Senyshyn for free. The entire league could have. Twice. No one wants him. His trade request is kind of silly. No one wants him.
Dec. 24, 2021 at 3:08 p.m.
Banned

Ritchie ever score 27 in 68?

Ritchie is not an NHL player.
Dec. 24, 2021 at 3:30 p.m.
GM CRIME DAWG
Nick Ritchie?
C'Mon Man!!!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll