UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$800,000
Trades
NYI
  1. 2023 3rd round pick (ANA)
NYI
  1. 2023 6th round pick (NSH)
NSH
  1. Clutterbuck, Cal ($1,750,000 retained)
NYI
  1. Koskinen, Mikko
  2. 2022 1st round pick (EDM)
  3. 2023 3rd round pick (EDM)
STL
  1. Dal Colle, Michael
  2. Mayfield, Scott
  3. Wilde, Bode
  4. 2022 2nd round pick (COL)
  5. 2023 1st round pick (NYI)
ARI
  1. Beauvillier, Anthony
  2. Holmström, Simon
  3. Salo, Robin
  4. 2022 1st round pick (EDM)
  5. 2023 2nd round pick (NYI)
  6. 2023 3rd round pick (ANA)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the NYI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$74,596,688$1,365,854$2,157,500$6,903,312
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New York Islanders
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW
NTC
UFA - 5
$7,000,000$7,000,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RW
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
LW
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
NTC
UFA - 5
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$2,500,000$2,500,000
C
UFA - 6
$725,000$725,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LD
UFA - 8
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RD
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
G
UFA - 3
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD/RD
UFA - 4
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
RD
RFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$4,500,000$4,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$725,000$725,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LD
RFA - 2
$1,375,000$1,375,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 20, 2022 at 4:03 p.m.
No interest in Clutterbuck for the Preds.
GeauxPreds1 liked this.
Jan. 20, 2022 at 4:04 p.m.
mokumboi
Blues super mega pass. Obviously.
Jan. 20, 2022 at 4:35 p.m.
Quoting: gmgb
No interest in Clutterbuck for the Preds.

Looking at their inexperienced bottom 6 it isn’t unlikely they look for a cheap gritty veteran presence for a playoff run
Jan. 20, 2022 at 4:39 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
Blues super mega pass. Obviously.

Blues were very interested in Mayfield and Tarasenko still wants out I think it’s a very solid package for a player that they were looking to get rid of for free to Seattle not to mention his injury history makes it harder for the blues to say no
Jan. 20, 2022 at 4:46 p.m.
Quoting: Hockeypal
Looking at their inexperienced bottom 6 it isn’t unlikely they look for a cheap gritty veteran presence for a playoff run

The 3rd line in NSH has been great, and they have plenty of 4th line wing options. I could see them adding a 4C at the deadline, but bottom six wingers aren't a need. I don't see Clutterbuck getting ice time over Nick Cousins or Tomasino anyway.
GeauxPreds1 liked this.
Jan. 20, 2022 at 5:03 p.m.
Agree to disagree but that line up definitely needs a veteran gritty 4th liner they don’t really have any toughness in their bottom 6 not to mention he’s a very solid penalty killer
Jan. 20, 2022 at 5:18 p.m.
mokumboi
Blues were very interested in Mayfield and Tarasenko still wants out I think it’s a very solid package for a player that they were looking to get rid of for free to Seattle not to mention his injury history makes it harder for the blues to say no

Wow, there's so much wrong here I don't know where to begin. May as well just go in order.

1- The Blues do not currently need an RD.

2- Tarsenko stated publicly back in September that the trade request was not worth discussing.

3- A 3RD, a bust with no value and a prospect (another RD, no less) with negative value, none of whom the contending Blues need right now, plus a 1st they have to wait a year for and a 2nd is the very opposite of a solid package for a star player/leading scorer on a contender. I have no idea how you even arrived at such a stance.

4- The expansion gambit was to A) before free agency, when they had a chance to swipe Landeskog from a rival & B) a way to make sure they keep Barbashev. And, ya know, really old news.

5- What "history"? Before the shoulder problem, which has no been fixed, he was among the most durable forwards in the league.

That offer you have does exactly nothing for the Blues right now. In fact, it greatly harms them.
Jan. 20, 2022 at 5:22 p.m.
Bringer_Of_Snow
Lol Varlamov gets a win and now his price shoots up to a 1st. Easy no from the oilers
Jan. 20, 2022 at 6:47 p.m.
Mayfield doesn't really fit with the blues unless he can switch sides and pay on the top pairing as a LHD. We already have parayko and faulk on the right side. MDC is worthless. Wilde is not that interesting. Blues won't trade tarasenko until the offseason. Pretty bad offer imo
Jan. 20, 2022 at 8:03 p.m.

You are using really outdated sources
Jan. 21, 2022 at 11:12 a.m.
Wow, there's so much wrong here I don't know where to begin. May as well just go in order.

1- The Blues do not currently need an RD.

2- Tarsenko stated publicly back in September that the trade request was not worth discussing.

3- A 3RD, a bust with no value and a prospect (another RD, no less) with negative value, none of whom the contending Blues need right now, plus a 1st they have to wait a year for and a 2nd is the very opposite of a solid package for a star player/leading scorer on a contender. I have no idea how you even arrived at such a stance.

4- The expansion gambit was to A) before free agency, when they had a chance to swipe Landeskog from a rival & B) a way to make sure they keep Barbashev. And, ya know, really old news.

5- What "history"? Before the shoulder problem, which has no been fixed, he was among the most durable forwards in the league.

That offer you have does exactly nothing for the Blues right now. In fact, it greatly harms them.

Quoting: Tennisman142
Mayfield doesn't really fit with the blues unless he can switch sides and pay on the top pairing as a LHD. We already have parayko and faulk on the right side. MDC is worthless. Wilde is not that interesting. Blues won't trade tarasenko until the offseason. Pretty bad offer imo

Quoting: West_Virginia_Take_Me_Home
You are using really outdated sources

1. They were interested in mayfield in August and haven’t added anything to their d core since why would they not want him anymore?
2. Not worth discussing doesn’t mean he wants to stay he just doesn’t want to talk about it publicly as of now
3. A third, a decent young bottom 6 and C-Level spec plus a first and a second is a very solid offer for a top winger with a one year contract
4. Which is also a terrible strategy as Tarasenko is and would’ve been cheaper plus he’s better imo I think Landeskogs honestly overrated, Barbashev only makes 2 mil so that’s not a big reason
5. Yes his shoulder and to say he was one of the most durable forwards before is definitely pushing it
6. This trade I would've had them making it in the off season which helps the blues with contracts and free agents as Mayfield only 1.45 million
Jan. 21, 2022 at 11:16 a.m.
Quoting: Bringer_Of_Snow
Lol Varlamov gets a win and now his price shoots up to a 1st. Easy no from the oilers

I think you’re severely underrating Varlamov who’s finished top 5 in Vezina voting last season and carried the isles to back to back conference finals and has another year after this season at 5 million which is a very good contract
Jan. 21, 2022 at 11:35 a.m.
mokumboi
1. They were interested in mayfield in August and haven’t added anything to their d core since why would they not want him anymore?

2. Not worth discussing doesn’t mean he wants to stay he just doesn’t want to talk about it publicly as of now

3. A third, a decent young bottom 6 and C-Level spec plus a first and a second is a very solid offer for a top winger with a one year contract

4. Which is also a terrible strategy as Tarasenko is and would’ve been cheaper plus he’s better imo I think Landeskogs honestly overrated, Barbashev only makes 2 mil so that’s not a big reason

5. Yes his shoulder and to say he was one of the most durable forwards before is definitely pushing it

6. This trade I would've had them making it in the off season which helps the blues with contracts and free agents as Mayfield only 1.45 million

1- Lots of teams have lots of interest at lots of times. They do not need an RD at this time. Not sure what's confusing here.

2- Wrong. Go read the article, or even more recent quotes/reporting on the topic. You're way behind the times.

3- Oi vey. A 3RD is a 3RD, meaning he wouldn;t play all that many minutes even if they did need him (which, again, they do not). Faulk and Parayko already eat at least 45 of the RD minutes, if not more. Dal Colle is garbage. He's worth nothing, especially to the Blues, who are beyond set at forward. Wilde is worth nothing. He's a flake who had to be sent overseas and steering hard toward bust territory. Picks are futures, the Blues are contending now. And you think this constitutes a "very solid offer" to a contending team for their top scorer/star? Are you being serious right now?

4- Whether you think it's a good reason or not is irrelevant. It's what happened.

5- It is not pushing it at all. You do realize you can look up his career stats on the net, right? It's there for all to see at any time. In the five seasons prior to the shoulder thing, he missed a grand total of 15 games. In five seasons. Like how many forwards do you think fit above that durability mark? Good grief,man.

6- You have this marked as a 21-22 AGM, and nowhere does it say anything about the offseason. But fine, you intended it to be an offseason deal... still not a chance in hell, 20 teams beat that garbage offer by a mile.
Jan. 21, 2022 at 12:39 p.m.
1- Lots of teams have lots of interest at lots of times. They do not need an RD at this time. Not sure what's confusing here.

2- Wrong. Go read the article, or even more recent quotes/reporting on the topic. You're way behind the times.

3- Oi vey. A 3RD is a 3RD, meaning he wouldn;t play all that many minutes even if they did need him (which, again, they do not). Faulk and Parayko already eat at least 45 of the RD minutes, if not more. Dal Colle is garbage. He's worth nothing, especially to the Blues, who are beyond set at forward. Wilde is worth nothing. He's a flake who had to be sent overseas and steering hard toward bust territory. Picks are futures, the Blues are contending now. And you think this constitutes a "very solid offer" to a contending team for their top scorer/star? Are you being serious right now?

4- Whether you think it's a good reason or not is irrelevant. It's what happened.

5- It is not pushing it at all. You do realize you can look up his career stats on the net, right? It's there for all to see at any time. In the five seasons prior to the shoulder thing, he missed a grand total of 15 games. In five seasons. Like how many forwards do you think fit above that durability mark? Good grief,man.

6- You have this marked as a 21-22 AGM, and nowhere does it say anything about the offseason. But fine, you intended it to be an offseason deal... still not a chance in hell, 20 teams beat that garbage offer by a mile.

Why would they not be interested in him when they have the exact same d core as the time when they were interested in him. No he hasn’t stated anything since his trade request so you’re just making assumptions based on what you want. I think you’re just overrating Tarasenko a lot I understand you’re a blues fan but it’s understandable some fans overrated players on their teams I don’t think even 28 teams would offer something better for a winger with one year left a 4th d man, 1st, 2nd, a decent bottom 6 and a C- spec good luck get alot more than that for a winger with one year
Jan. 21, 2022 at 1:33 p.m.
mokumboi
Why would they not be interested in him when they have the exact same d core as the time when they were interested in him.

No he hasn’t stated anything since his trade request...

... so you’re just making assumptions based on what you want.

I think you’re just overrating Tarasenko a lot I understand you’re a blues fan but it’s understandable some fans overrated players on their teams I don’t think even 28 teams would offer something better for a winger with one year left a 4th d man, 1st, 2nd, a decent bottom 6 and a C- spec good luck get alot more than that for a winger with one year

1- Setting aside that I have no idea where you got this claim from, time marches on, dude. You're talking about an offseason interest while teams are still shuffling their deck. And again, lots of teams have lots of interest in players they don't ever go into trade talks for.

2- Wrong again. Super wrong. Couldn't be more wrong.

3- Heh. Pure projection, my friend.

This is my last comment because you're stuck in la la land. The bottom line is you want a contending team's leading scorer and (to date) one-team star and all you want to give up is two completely worthless pieces of garbage, a third pairing defenseman (which is not worth much to the Blues) and so-so futures. I'm truly baffled at the disconnect here. It's not a tough one.
Jan. 21, 2022 at 2:45 p.m.
All it takes is a quick google search to find out that they were interested in him, I understand you want the world for your star player but that’s just not going to happen you’re going to have to settle for a good deal not every trade has to be an overpayment I think you’re overrating Tarasenko and underrating the trade a 4th d man, 1st, 2nd, a potential top 6 d man and a potential solid bottom 6 forward
Jan. 21, 2022 at 7:46 p.m.
All it takes is a quick google search to find out that they were interested in him, I understand you want the world for your star player but that’s just not going to happen you’re going to have to settle for a good deal not every trade has to be an overpayment I think you’re overrating Tarasenko and underrating the trade a 4th d man, 1st, 2nd, a potential top 6 d man and a potential solid bottom 6 forward

Mokumboi tagged me in. Looking at the offer alone you have a 2nd that will be nearly a third because it's Colorado. And your offering a 1st which is in 23. If you offered this year's first then we'd be talking a completely different trade. We have no idea where it will end up be and even if I can guarantee it's a top 10 pick, you are still wanting it to be in 23 which means 3-4 years before it starts to pay dividends and by then the cup window for the blues is over. Those kind of trades go for teams that are rebuilding and want to stock up on picks and futures. The blues aren't that team.

As far as dal colle goes, he's an AHL player at this point in his career and unfortunately it doesn't look like he's making it to the NHL on most nights. Wilde is got some promise but again, the blues have no need at RD.

So that takes us to Mayfield who is the only player in this trade that will actually crack the Blues lineup in the next 3-4 years. Again he's a RD and the only real appeal is that he saves the blues cap which isn't a goal for the Blues. You want a 30 year old RW who is on pace to score over 30 goals for the sixth time in his career. He's arguably the best player on our team. Nothing of substances has been offered at this point to make the Blues even consider the offer.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll