Forums/Armchair-GM

Per Friedman

Created by: Leaftrades
Team: 2021-22 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 2, 2022
Published: Mar. 2, 2022
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
“ Leafs will target the best dman available, I think it will be Hampus Lindholm”
“ Dubas isn’t afraid of making a big deal, but he will be careful about what he trades for a rental”
Trades
TOR
  1. Lindholm, Hampus ($2,500,000 retained)
ANA
  1. Abramov, Mikhail
  2. Hirvonen, Roni [Reserve List]
  3. Kerfoot, Alexander
  4. 2022 1st round pick (TOR)
TOR
  1. Domi, Max ($2,500,000 retained)
CBJ
  1. Engvall, Pierre
  2. 2024 2nd round pick (TOR)
PIT
  1. Anderson, Joey
  2. Dermott, Travis
  3. 2023 3rd round pick (TOR)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$72,182,561$0$400,000$9,317,439
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$950,000$950,000
LW
UFA - 2
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 3
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 4
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
-$1,175,000-$1,175,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 4
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 3
$1,645,000$1,645,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,500,000$1,500,000
C
UFA - 2
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 1
$900,000$900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 3
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RD
UFA - 1
$3,800,000$3,800,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$102,778$102,778
LD
UFA - 1
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 3
$796,667$796,667
LW, RW
RFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 2, 2022 at 9:08 p.m.
Hide yo girl
Anaheim can get way more for Lindholm
RedWing9119 liked this.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 9:11 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Leafs will target the best dman available, I think it will be Hampus Lindholm”
“ Dubas isn’t afraid of making a big deal, but he will be careful about what he trades for a rental”

Friedman like so many other so called reporters just says nothing of significance.. Of course the Leafs, and virtually all other contenders "will target the best man available". And the second sentence....doesn't all GMs think the same way?

C'mon Leafstrades......Did you learn anything new that you should've known before?"
NickC1988 liked this.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 9:11 p.m.
Quoting: JGDD11
Anaheim can get way more for Lindholm

Kerfoot has value, a 1st, last years 2nd rounder and a prospect? Kerfoot would be leading the Habs in points and people act like he’s worthless
Mar. 2, 2022 at 9:21 p.m.
Quoting: palhal
Leafs will target the best dman available, I think it will be Hampus Lindholm”

Friedman like so many other so called reporters just says nothing of significance.. Of course the Leafs, and virtually all other contenders "will target the best man available". And the second sentence....doesn't all GMs think the same way?

C'mon Leafstrades......Did you learn anything new that you should've known before?"

You're dismissal of Friedman is silly and nonsensical. No one of consequence shares your opinion. Just stop. He's probably the most respected reporter in hockey now that Mckensie is semi retired. It's guys like you that keep Steve Simmons in a job.
Leaftrades liked this.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 9:26 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: RedWing9119
You're dismissal of Friedman is silly and nonsensical. No one of consequence shares your opinion. Just stop. He's probably the most respected reporter in hockey now that Mckensie is semi retired. It's guys like you that keep Steve Simmons in a job.

Yes a think Friedman is one of the better reporters. But just read what he said (if the quote is accurate). It says absolutely nothing. Really did you (or 99% of hockey fans) learn anything that you didn't know already? Hey, nothing against Friedman or even the BS reporters, I just don't know why fans hang onto their words as gospel.....when nothing is said.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 9:30 p.m.
Yes a think Friedman is one of the better reporters. But just read what he said (if the quote is accurate). It says absolutely nothing. Really did you (or 99% of hockey fans) learn anything that you didn't know already? Hey, nothing against Friedman or even the BS reporters, I just don't know why fans hang onto their words as gospel.....when nothing is said.

Is that not what this website is for? If people didn’t post teams based on what the reporters say there would literally be half the posts. And yes it is what he said on tonight’s intermission. Maybe you should sit on the panel between periods and give your 2 cents because clearly reporters don’t deserve the reputation they have.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 9:34 p.m.

Fair enough. I agree that most of the reporting right now is nothing more than typical deadline fodder.
palhal liked this.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 9:38 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: Leaftrades
Is that not what this website is for? If people didn’t post teams based on what the reporters say there would literally be half the posts. And yes it is what he said on tonight’s intermission. Maybe you should sit on the panel between periods and give your 2 cents because clearly reporters don’t deserve the reputation they have.

All I'm by this quote you made.....it's meaningless. What additional insight did he say that folks don't already know. Of course GMs on contending teams would love to upgrade with the best dman available but would careful what to give up in a trade. Gee, that's a GM job.
I can appreciate the information you relayed but read between lines......he really nothing of consequence.
I had the game taped....and carefully listened to what was said.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 9:44 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Fair enough. I agree that most of the reporting right now is nothing more than typical deadline fodder.

Thanks for understanding. Personally I don't listen to the talking head much. Darren Dreger of TSN has to be the worse. He talks of "sources" like he knows much, and he says it with such authority
And a lot of the reporting is just trying to get "hits" on social media or trying to get a network job.
I'm always surprised (disappointed) when fans listen to a GM.....and believe what he says, as if a GM is going to layout his trade strategy, or contract negotiations to the public
RedWing9119 liked this.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 9:47 p.m.
All I'm by this quote you made.....it's meaningless. What additional insight did he say that folks don't already know. Of course GMs on contending teams would love to upgrade with the best dman available but would careful what to give up in a trade. Gee, that's a GM job.
I can appreciate the information you relayed but read between lines......he really nothing of consequence.
I had the game taped....and carefully listened to what was said.

Couldn’t you argue that lots of contending teams actually don’t go for the top dog available. Many go for depth options to round out the roster and fix their weaknesses within the constraints of their salary cap structure? So it actually is news that the leafs would be going after the biggest name out there, instead of going for guys like Braun and Chiarot that was reported before the muzzin injury.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 9:50 p.m.
Thanks for understanding. Personally I don't listen to the talking head much. Darren Dreger of TSN has to be the worse. He talks of "sources" like he knows much, and he says it with such authority
And a lot of the reporting is just trying to get "hits" on social media or trying to get a network job.
I'm always surprised (disappointed) when fans listen to a GM.....and believe what he says, as if a GM is going to layout his trade strategy, or contract negotiations to the public

Yeah no problem. Sorry if I came off snarky. I definitely agree with you about Dreger; he irks me to no end and 99% of what he says doesn't come true. I think he guesses a lot and calls it inside reporting. And I also agree with you about GM speak; it's definitely not to be taken seriously.
palhal liked this.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 9:54 p.m.
Couldn’t you argue that lots of contending teams actually don’t go for the top dog available. Many go for depth options to round out the roster and fix their weaknesses within the constraints of their salary cap structure? So it actually is news that the leafs would be going after the biggest name out there, instead of going for guys like Braun and Chiarot that was reported before the muzzin injury.

Maybe but I don't see how this jibes with what Dubas said about Muzzin. If he comes back before the end of the season and Dubas uses the cap space you guys are screwed.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 10:02 p.m.
Maybe but I don't see how this jibes with what Dubas said about Muzzin. If he comes back before the end of the season and Dubas uses the cap space you guys are screwed.

I think he was just saying that because he had to, he wouldn’t go out and say he’s gonna hold him out until playoffs. And like other reporters and cap experts have pointed out, the leafs are currently burning the cap space they’ve worked all year to gain by keeping extra bodies on the active roster, so it wouldn’t make sense to do that unless they were planing on holding him out
RedWing9119 liked this.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 10:04 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer

No, I think all contending teams would at least ask about the "top dog", But cap considerations, needs and the assets that would needed to trade eliminates some teams immediately. Maybe even the Leafs.
Then there are players like Giroux of Flyers who has full NMC. If he tells Flyers, "I would only accept a trade to the Avalanche", well the Flyers don't have much leverage to create a bidding war.
NickC1988 liked this.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 10:07 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I think he was just saying that because he had to, he wouldn’t go out and say he’s gonna hold him out until playoffs. And like other reporters and cap experts have pointed out, the leafs are currently burning the cap space they’ve worked all year to gain by keeping extra bodies on the active roster, so it wouldn’t make sense to do that unless they were planing on holding him out

I agree with what you say but the facts are that a team can't keep a player on LTIR just because they want cap space. Then the problem with Muzzin "returning to the playoffs" is how good he would be after missing over two months of play.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 10:10 p.m.
I agree with what you say but the facts are that a team can't keep a player on LTIR just because they want cap space. Then the problem with Muzzin "returning to the playoffs" is how good he would be after missing over two months of play.

I know they can’t just do that but with the cap decisions they’re currently making it is foreshadowing them leaving him on LTIR. But Muzzin coming back even slower is a scary thought…
palhal liked this.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 10:15 p.m.

Yeah that's definitely a possibility. Like I said; GM speak... But concussions are so unpredictable and I don't think they could stop Muzzin to be honest.
Mar. 2, 2022 at 10:33 p.m.
The pens don't need another depth dman or middling prospects. Kap needs to be moved but as a package for a better 2rw.
Mar. 3, 2022 at 8:06 a.m.
Banned
cbj accept
Mar. 4, 2022 at 2:36 p.m.
mostly harmless
Quoting: RonaldBilius
cbj accept

I wouldn't. Engvall would be on the waiver wire immediately, and the 2nd is two years away. Given that we're expected to retain 50%, I'm pretty certain we can do better.
Mar. 4, 2022 at 4:30 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Viqsi
I wouldn't. Engvall would be on the waiver wire immediately, and the 2nd is two years away. Given that we're expected to retain 50%, I'm pretty certain we can do better.

okey yeah nvm i thought the pick was 22.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll