RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$4,900,000$4,900,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 6
$801,666$801,666 (Performance Bonus$15,000$15K)
LW, C
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RW, C
UFA - 1
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW, RW, C
RFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,237,500$1,237,500
LD
UFA - 3
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 5
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
NMC
UFA - 5
$3,750,000$3,750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,125,000$1,125,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 2
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$0$0
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,950,000$1,950,000
RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 15, 2022 at 2:29 p.m.
I will play this game with every Chiarot Flames post today... Pick a D man from below that you would want in the playoffs playing a physical stay at home puck possession game for 15 - 20min a night.

A:
CF% Rel: -5.8
FF% Rel: -6.5
OiGA/60: 2.0
CA/60: 54.0
FA/60: 42.1

B:
CF% Rel: -8.1
FF% Rel: -7.9
OiGA/60: 4.0
CA/60: 65.2
FA/60: 51.3

C:
CF% Rel: 3.6
FF% Rel: 1.9
OiGA/60: 1.9
CA/60: 44.9
FA/60: 35.9
soooonk liked this.
Mar. 15, 2022 at 2:35 p.m.
Quoting: yycofred
I will play this game with every Chiarot Flames post today... Pick a D man from below that you would want in the playoffs playing a physical stay at home puck possession game for 15 - 20min a night.

A:
CF% Rel: -5.8
FF% Rel: -6.5
OiGA/60: 2.0
CA/60: 54.0
FA/60: 42.1

B:
CF% Rel: -8.1
FF% Rel: -7.9
OiGA/60: 4.0
CA/60: 65.2
FA/60: 51.3

C:
CF% Rel: 3.6
FF% Rel: 1.9
OiGA/60: 1.9
CA/60: 44.9
FA/60: 35.9

So you would build an entire team based on Advanced Metrics and WAR? That's what Chayka did with the Coyotes, look where they at...
Mar. 15, 2022 at 2:36 p.m.
Counter offer:
Nikita Zadorov + Ilya Nikolayev
for
Cole Caufield + Jan Mysak + Cedric Paquette

Deal?
soooonk liked this.
Mar. 15, 2022 at 2:38 p.m.
If Calgary didn’t give up Pelletier for Toffoli, why would they for a defenseman they don’t need in Chiarot?
Mar. 15, 2022 at 2:39 p.m.
Quoting: LIRIK
So you would build an entire team based on Advanced Metrics and WAR? That's what Chayka did with the Coyotes, look where they at...

Nope but its a very basic list of stats that shows how much better two players are playing in their role compare to the other. I am not a huge fan of advanced stats but these are pretty simple... Chayka is one example, top teams have very deep advanced stats staff, every NHL team has an analytics department so trying to disparage the stats as a tool is weird and disingenuous.
Mar. 15, 2022 at 3:01 p.m.
Nope but its a very basic list of stats that shows how much better two players are playing in their role compare to the other. I am not a huge fan of advanced stats but these are pretty simple... Chayka is one example, top teams have very deep advanced stats staff, every NHL team has an analytics department so trying to disparage the stats as a tool is weird and disingenuous.

sure but it like you said its just a tool. it happens all the time that a player is labelled as bad because they have this years worst analitics and the next year they are seen as one of the best when they get traded (edmundson and stephenson comes to mind). Every team as analytic department but i soubt they have as much impact as you think they do. if your asking who'se better bewteen zadorov, gudbranson and chiarot, i think most people would go with chiarot. (not saying the other players are bad, they are having a pretty good year).
Mar. 15, 2022 at 3:20 p.m.
Quoting: drambui
sure but it like you said its just a tool. it happens all the time that a player is labelled as bad because they have this years worst analitics and the next year they are seen as one of the best when they get traded (edmundson and stephenson comes to mind). Every team as analytic department but i soubt they have as much impact as you think they do. if your asking who'se better bewteen zadorov, gudbranson and chiarot, i think most people would go with chiarot. (not saying the other players are bad, they are having a pretty good year).

Absolutely, there are outliers in everything just as there are in analytics. Zadorov and Gudbranson career wise are obviously not as good as they've show this year, no one is arguing that, Chiarot however is playing relatively on par with his career numbers, points, TOI, are up a bit, possession and defensive metrics are down, partially because of the team he's on but he's been significantly worse in his own end than Zadorov or Gudbranson have been this season and if Calgary is trading for a bottom pair D man on their roster, the ask of Pelletier for a downgrade on defense this season makes no sense. I'm not asking who is better, I am asking which player with everything included, all in this season are you playing on your bottom pair? Choosing Chiarot based on all the data available is disingenuous at best.
Mar. 15, 2022 at 3:21 p.m.

I'm not saying advanced stats are useless. But you seem to base your choice of a player only on those stats, which is a mistake i think. I could show you dozens of players who have bad advanced stats, but are considered the best players in the league. When you value a player, please don't only look at advanced stats. It's not baseball, it's hockey...
Mar. 15, 2022 at 3:24 p.m.
I'm not saying advanced stats are useless. But you seem to base your choice of a player only on those stats, and i think that's a simple way of thinking. I could show you dozens of players who have bad advanced stats, but are considered the best players in the league. When you value a player, please don't only look at advanced stats. It's not baseball, it's hockey...

As said, not a huge fan of analytics, those are really very simple and apply to the role and position of all the players we are discussin... what would you look at that says Chiarot is a better option this season than Zadorov or Gudbranson?
Mar. 15, 2022 at 3:30 p.m.
As said, not a huge fan of analytics, those are really very simple and apply to the role and position of all the players we are discussin... what would you look at that says Chiarot is a better option this season than Zadorov or Gudbranson?

More physical, hit harder, can handle more ice time (played 25 min average last year in playoffs), refs let him crosscheck other players in the crease because of his statue (physical mean D).
Zadorov and Gudbranson are at best 3rd pair D, you don't want those in your lineup when it counts.
Also, most experts have Chiarot trade value at a 1st. Will you ever hear that about Zadorov or Gudbranson?
Mar. 15, 2022 at 3:32 p.m.
Richardson is making league minimum.... Not exactly a cap dump.

So two top 10 prospects for a 1 year 7th dman... that seems fair /s
Mar. 15, 2022 at 3:35 p.m.
More physical, hit harder, can handle more ice time (played 25 min average last year in playoffs), refs let him crosscheck other players in the crease because of his statue (physical mean D).
Zadorov and Gudbranson are at best 3rd pair D, you don't want those in your lineup when it counts.
Also, most experts have Chiarot trade value at a 1st. Will you ever hear that about Zadorov or Gudbranson?

Hahah I do understand that you are kidding with this comment but Chiarot is the smallest player of the group, if Ben Chiarot is playing 25 minutes for the Flames, Calgary is in a lot of trouble.
Mar. 15, 2022 at 3:39 p.m.
Hahah I do understand that you are kidding with this comment but Chiarot is the smallest player of the group, if Ben Chiarot is playing 25 minutes for the Flames, Calgary is in a lot of trouble.

Please read well before answering, i never said he plays 25 minutes for Flames this year. I said he did last year, and is capable of in case an injury happens. Also, bigger doesn't mean more physical. I think you're trolling me by answering anything without thinking. Also, Gudbranson is 20 pounds under Chiarot. And Chiarot would kill them both in a fight.
Mar. 15, 2022 at 3:42 p.m.
Absolutely, there are outliers in everything just as there are in analytics. Zadorov and Gudbranson career wise are obviously not as good as they've show this year, no one is arguing that, Chiarot however is playing relatively on par with his career numbers, points, TOI, are up a bit, possession and defensive metrics are down, partially because of the team he's on but he's been significantly worse in his own end than Zadorov or Gudbranson have been this season and if Calgary is trading for a bottom pair D man on their roster, the ask of Pelletier for a downgrade on defense this season makes no sense. I'm not asking who is better, I am asking which player with everything included, all in this season are you playing on your bottom pair? Choosing Chiarot based on all the data available is disingenuous at best.

i agree with most of what you are saying. and to some extend, i would say he not qorth pelletier just because chiarot might not be the best fit in calgary. might be more worth it to other teams. but i feel defensive depth might be one of the best thing you can have come playoff time. there is no doubt in my mind that if one of your top 4 goes down, most fan would rather have chiarot than zadorov or gudbranson in that position. you know know with injuries or covid who might be sidelined in the playoff and that might be on many GMs mind. is chiarot worth a top prospect, not really, a first? maybe , but maybe some other teams might be willing to pay it if not the flames. (he might also b traded for less still, thats is still a very big possibility).
yycofred liked this.
Mar. 15, 2022 at 3:47 p.m.
Please read well before answering, i never said he plays 25 minutes for Flames this year. I said he did last year, and is capable of in case an injury happens. Also, bigger doesn't mean more physical. I think you're trolling me by answering anything without thinking. Also, Gudbranson is 20 pounds under Chiarot. And Chiarot would kill them both in a fight.

So your argument so far has been Chiarot is worth trading for is because he weighs 4 more pounds than Gudbranson, could possibly beat them in a fight, played 25 minutes last year and can cross check guys..... and I'm the one trolling?
To your edit, that's irrelevant, he's not worth a 1st, neither is Zadorov, neither is Gudbranson. Who is better this year though?
Mar. 15, 2022 at 3:57 p.m.
Quoting: drambui
i agree with most of what you are saying. and to some extend, i would say he not qorth pelletier just because chiarot might not be the best fit in calgary. might be more worth it to other teams. but i feel defensive depth might be one of the best thing you can have come playoff time. there is no doubt in my mind that if one of your top 4 goes down, most fan would rather have chiarot than zadorov or gudbranson in that position. you know know with injuries or covid who might be sidelined in the playoff and that might be on many GMs mind. is chiarot worth a top prospect, not really, a first? maybe , but maybe some other teams might be willing to pay it if not the flames. (he might also b traded for less still, thats is still a very big possibility).

Agreed, if i were a team looking to add on a really shallow d core, Chiarot is worth ponying up for looking at the left side of the Blues, Penguins, Oilers, Leafs should all be willing to pay handsomely to plug a hole on D, Bruins, NYR could definitely look to improve their bottom pair but likely want to see the price drop, Calgary, Florida should be so uninvolved in a Chiarot deal, he doesn't improve the back end.
drambui liked this.
Mar. 15, 2022 at 4:06 p.m.
Agreed, if i were a team looking to add on a really shallow d core, Chiarot is worth ponying up for looking at the left side of the Blues, Penguins, Oilers, Leafs should all be willing to pay handsomely to plug a hole on D, Bruins, NYR could definitely look to improve their bottom pair but likely want to see the price drop, Calgary, Florida should be so uninvolved in a Chiarot deal, he doesn't improve the back end.

you definitly nailed what everybody thinks on this site '' chiarot can improve many teams defense but i dont want my team to pay for him'' (which ia alright, i get why most people think like that. unless you are the ligthning coming off back to back cup, you dont really want your team to pay for that sort of rentals.
yycofred liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll