SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

My opinion on the most likely NHL players to ACTUALLY be traded this offseason

Jul. 3, 2017 at 9:52 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: mtdavis311
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

How does Jonathan Quick have anything to do with this?

Because Drew is going to either wanna play for a team that is a threat for the cup, or make the most money. If Quick can't stay healthy, LA isn't a threat for the cup anytime soon. And their cap situation certainly isn't going to let them pay Drew what he could get with another team that isn't up against the cap.

Seriously, i don't see why he'd leave LA.
Jul. 4, 2017 at 6:21 a.m.
Quoting: Daoloth

The real question is why would Drew Doughty stay in LA after already winning 2 Cups? I'll answer why I think he might leave...

1. Kings have not done anything since winning the last Cup... So there is no reason to stick around to lose when able to get 10-12M+ from almost any team or location in NHL.

2. Kings have played Drew with a lot of crap, Robyn Regehr, Scuderin when they got him back, Forbort the 1st round bust they took instead of Tarasenko or others...

3. Taxes/Cost of Living in California a red light ticket that get in mail might be like 850 dollars, in NY it is like 80 or something like that. Beyonce with Jay Z can't even find a home in LA they like for 80M.

4. Tampa I could see him paired with Hedman, that would be a major upgrade over Muzzin being the best player he has that is a left shot or maybe Martinez.

5. Politics, California has people trying to leave USA, its becoming less safe to live if look what happened to guy who did Black Christmas, Children Shouldn't Play with Dead Things, Look whose Talking etc.

6. Rob Blake left Kings for more money after winning Norris so history tends to repeat itself even if the players are different.

7. If he is still a top right shot D-man like top 5 he can just about pick his team so will have LA trade him probably or just walk away leaving them with nothing since he has all the leverage and cards.

8. Kings could be rebuilding, they have the bad Dustin Brown contract combined with the Kopitar bust, if don't return to post season could trade Carter among other players and buyouts.

9. Quick has had injury problems even when won Cups he had Back Surgery then the broken wrist or so against Rangers. So if he can't find his game/health they will probably lose Drew and others.

10. Drew might not be happy in LA, he clashed with Sutter, he isn't getting much help on Defense having to play heavy minutes in all situations taking a toll on his body that can shorten his career...

How does Jonathan Quick have anything to do with this?

He is their Franchise Goalie who has 2 Cups especially the 1st Cup was heavily him while the 2nd he struggled a bit more. Right now Kings don't have a Bernier or Martin Jones who would be able to win the Cup if Quick goes down again. Even Budaj has always struggled in Playoffs while being a decent goalie in regular season. Why do you think they traded for Ben Bishop, either to be insurance with Quick getting hurt or to replace him by trading Quick. Maybe the owner/others in organization decided Dean had to go instead of Quick. Kings made moves to try to rebuild their Goalie pipeline since they know Zatkoff/Campbell probably would not get it done if Quick was gone or injured. Also his cap hit is only 5.8M while other goalies are getting 7-10.5M which helps the Kings field a team that can compete if he can perform at an elite level. Islanders Won 4 Cups in a Row with Bill Smith since he has been gone they have 0. Healy got them the closest, Hrudey was traded coming up short for LA, though he did have Mono they say but wont be a HOF goalie. Look at how Devils won Cups with Brodeur now without him their STanley Cup is basically drafting 1st Overall smile. Ilya left shortly after they lost the Cup Final to Kings for a reason wink.
Jul. 16, 2017 at 10:37 a.m.
Yeah, i didn't see much of the Senators Bruins series, but i wouldn't call McAvoy a top 4 YET. He has the potential to be REALLY good, but i think they could possibly move him. I mean, sure, maybe he's an NHL ready defenseman, but i wouldn't call him a top-4 yet.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. McAvoy isn't going anywhere. He will challenge for Calder Trophy this year! He is already Top 4 D man and #1 PP unit!!!!
Jul. 16, 2017 at 12:27 p.m.
McAvoy is one of the best 5 young defensemen in the NHL already

1.) Provorov
1.) Werenski
3.) Carlo
4.) Hanifin
5.) McAvoy
Jul. 16, 2017 at 12:44 p.m.
Quoting: phillyjabroni

1.) Provorov
1.) Werenski
3.) Carlo
4.) Hanifin
5.) McAvoy

McAvoy is better than Carlo
Jul. 16, 2017 at 3:54 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: PaulDunnill
Yeah, i didn't see much of the Senators Bruins series, but i wouldn't call McAvoy a top 4 YET. He has the potential to be REALLY good, but i think they could possibly move him. I mean, sure, maybe he's an NHL ready defenseman, but i wouldn't call him a top-4 yet.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. McAvoy isn't going anywhere. He will challenge for Calder Trophy this year! He is already Top 4 D man and #1 PP unit!!!!

He was 14th overall, usually 14th overall picks don't win the calder.
Jul. 16, 2017 at 3:54 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DavidBooth7

1.) Provorov
1.) Werenski
3.) Carlo
4.) Hanifin
5.) McAvoy

McAvoy is better than Carlo

right now? i disagree.
Jul. 16, 2017 at 5:34 p.m.

where you get picked means absolutely nothing
Pasta88Sauce liked this.
Jul. 16, 2017 at 7:48 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

where you get picked means absolutely nothing

fair enough.
Sep. 29, 2017 at 6:46 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
The season is almost here! So far, i haven't done great, still a few more days though for players to be traded before the season ...
Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:33 p.m.
The season is almost here! So far, i haven't done great, still a few more days though for players to be traded before the season ...

I'm sure everyone you thought will be traded, will be traded in "the next few days".......
Caufzi liked this.
Sep. 29, 2017 at 9:39 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DavidBooth7

I'm sure everyone you thought will be traded, will be traded in "the next few days".......

i'm just saying the offseason isn't quite done yet, still a chance something happens.
Sep. 30, 2017 at 5:29 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Regarding your comment about Doughty "can't afford a house in LA because Beyonce can't" (I'm paraphrasing). Maybe Beyonce should move with Doughty. You should see his house!!!. But it isn't typical of you, to make up anything to justify your argument.

Gents: Here's a proposal. rangerandislesfan of CapFriendly to HFBoards. Can it be done before the season starts.
Oct. 3, 2017 at 8:06 p.m.
I know if someone came up with a list of the most likely NHL players to get traded this offseason, they would have Duchene, Landeskog, and all these big names. But often the big names don't get traded. So here is my list of the 15 most likely NHL players to actually be traded this offseason. Let's see how i do!

15 - Boone Jenner, Columbus Blue Jackets
Great season for the Columbus Blue Jackets, but not the best season for Boone Jenner. It's likely he's traded to give him a fresh start and give the Jackets a good return.

14 - Gabriel Landeskog, Colorado Avalanche
Yeah, sure, most people would put him higher, but if we're talking most likely to ACTUALLY be traded, he'd make my list, but not as high as you may think, with the very high asking price.

13 - Anthony Duclair, Arizona Coyotes
Sure, the Coyotes have a good future and might want to keep some of their big future pieces. But Duclair has struggled lately. But i'm not putting him too high as the asking price will be high, and it could be higher than most GMs would want to give up.

12 - Eddie Lack, Carolina Hurricanes (Edit: Traded to Calgary)
Most people would put him higher, but i think Eddie Lack is a better goalie than some may think he is. I'd normally put him higher, but the price may be a 3rd or 4th round pick, when many GMs may only offer a 6th or 7th round pick.

11 - Sami Vatanen, Anaheim Ducks
The Ducks have problems coming up to the Expansion Draft. In net, they obviously protect John Gibson, and for forwards they would probably want to protect Ryan Getzlaf, Ryan Kesler, Rickard Rakell, and Corey Perry. Then you'd think they then protect Jakob Silferberg, Andrew Cogliano, and then maybe Logan Shaw. Then on Defence, you'd think they'd just protect Vatanen, Cam Fowler, and Hampus Lindholm. However, Kevin Bieksa has a no trade clause, and Anaheim would rather lose Silferberg than one of Fowler, Vatanen, and Lindholm. So Anaheim may need to go 4-4-1, protecting Fowler, Vatanen, Lindholm, Bieksa, Gibson, Kesler, Getzlaf, Perry, and Rakell. Then they lose Jakob Silferberg. So that means they likely trade a defenseman. No way they move Lindholm with the way he's been playing, so it comes down to Fowler and Vatanen. With Vatanen having the tiniest bit of a bad year, he might be the guy to move.

10 - Nathan Beaulieu, Montreal Canadiens (Edit: Traded to Buffalo)
Montreal Canadiens defenseman, Nathan Beaulieu has been playing some good hockey lately ... until the 1st round of the playoffs, in the series against the New York Rangers. He didn't play game 6 (the final game of the series), as he was a healthy scratch, though i believe he had an injury (that was a rumour that was going around). The Canadiens should probably wait and see how the Rangers do this playoff (as they beat the Canadiens in round 1 and they might want to see if they had to play a good team or if they just didn't play their best), but in the end, they weren't happy with the way Beaulieu played recently, so he likely gets moved, as many teams are looking for Defence.

9 - Chris Tanev, Vancouver Canucks
Chris Tanev isn't too experienced in the playoffs, but he could be a big piece to making a team a good cup contender. The Canucks should seriously consider moving him if it means bringing a good, young player or prospect to Vancouver.

8 - Tyson Barrie, Colorado Avalanche
Barrie's bad plus-minus (+/-) was nothing to do with how he, himself played i'd say. He played on a bad team. Still though, the Colorado Avalanche hadn't been very good in 2014-15 or 2015-16. Then the fact that they finished 30th this year shows that they need to do something.

7 - Ryan Spooner, Boston Bruins
The Bruins need to fix their defence, and Spooner could be part of a package to get them a really good NHL ready defenseman. Charlie McAvoy could be part of that package too.

6 - Riley Sheahan, Detroit Red Wings
Riley Sheahan almost became the first player to ever take at least 100 shots on goal in one year without scoring any goals that year, but scored 2 goals in the Red Wings' last game of the season (the last game at Joe Louis Arena). But still, Sheahan got 2 goals, 11 assists, and 13 points in 80 games this season. The fact that he didn't score any goals until the last game of the season tells me he needs a fresh start.

5 - Jacob Trouba, Winnipeg Jets
Jacob Trouba missed the start of the season as he wasn't signed, but he finally re-signed with the Jets. He asked for a trade before the season, though it is unknown why he wants out of Winnipeg.

4 - Erik Gudbranson, Vancouver Canucks
The Canucks have some young defensemen coming in, and Gudbranson has had a bad year, so it's time to make room for the younger guys, as Gudbranson will be coming back from injury next year.

3 - Cody Eakin, Dallas Stars
The Stars need to make changes, and could get a pick for Eakin.

2 - Jason Pominville, Minnesota Wild (Edit: Traded to Buffalo)
Pominville hasn't fit in too well with the Wild, and they have the right forwards for them, though they could add some scoring. So i think it's likely he's moved.

1 - Marc-Andre Fleury, Pittsburgh Penguins
The Penguins have Matt Murray coming into the league, and he has been one of the best Goalies in the league lately. With the Vegas Golden Knights looking for a goalie, and each team only being allowed to protect one goalie, Marc-Andre Fleury could get picked up as the Golden Knights' goalie. The Penguins could get a good return for him, so they should go for that return instead of doing him for nothing.

Okay, i can look back at this when the 17-18 season starts and see how many got traded!
Thanks for reading!

Not many. You can't predict these things.
Oct. 3, 2017 at 10:00 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I know if someone came up with a list of the most likely NHL players to get traded this offseason, they would have Duchene, Landeskog, and all these big names. But often the big names don't get traded. So here is my list of the 15 most likely NHL players to actually be traded this offseason. Let's see how i do!

15 - Boone Jenner, Columbus Blue Jackets
Great season for the Columbus Blue Jackets, but not the best season for Boone Jenner. It's likely he's traded to give him a fresh start and give the Jackets a good return.

14 - Gabriel Landeskog, Colorado Avalanche
Yeah, sure, most people would put him higher, but if we're talking most likely to ACTUALLY be traded, he'd make my list, but not as high as you may think, with the very high asking price.

13 - Anthony Duclair, Arizona Coyotes
Sure, the Coyotes have a good future and might want to keep some of their big future pieces. But Duclair has struggled lately. But i'm not putting him too high as the asking price will be high, and it could be higher than most GMs would want to give up.

12 - Eddie Lack, Carolina Hurricanes (Edit: Traded to Calgary)
Most people would put him higher, but i think Eddie Lack is a better goalie than some may think he is. I'd normally put him higher, but the price may be a 3rd or 4th round pick, when many GMs may only offer a 6th or 7th round pick.

11 - Sami Vatanen, Anaheim Ducks
The Ducks have problems coming up to the Expansion Draft. In net, they obviously protect John Gibson, and for forwards they would probably want to protect Ryan Getzlaf, Ryan Kesler, Rickard Rakell, and Corey Perry. Then you'd think they then protect Jakob Silferberg, Andrew Cogliano, and then maybe Logan Shaw. Then on Defence, you'd think they'd just protect Vatanen, Cam Fowler, and Hampus Lindholm. However, Kevin Bieksa has a no trade clause, and Anaheim would rather lose Silferberg than one of Fowler, Vatanen, and Lindholm. So Anaheim may need to go 4-4-1, protecting Fowler, Vatanen, Lindholm, Bieksa, Gibson, Kesler, Getzlaf, Perry, and Rakell. Then they lose Jakob Silferberg. So that means they likely trade a defenseman. No way they move Lindholm with the way he's been playing, so it comes down to Fowler and Vatanen. With Vatanen having the tiniest bit of a bad year, he might be the guy to move.

10 - Nathan Beaulieu, Montreal Canadiens (Edit: Traded to Buffalo)
Montreal Canadiens defenseman, Nathan Beaulieu has been playing some good hockey lately ... until the 1st round of the playoffs, in the series against the New York Rangers. He didn't play game 6 (the final game of the series), as he was a healthy scratch, though i believe he had an injury (that was a rumour that was going around). The Canadiens should probably wait and see how the Rangers do this playoff (as they beat the Canadiens in round 1 and they might want to see if they had to play a good team or if they just didn't play their best), but in the end, they weren't happy with the way Beaulieu played recently, so he likely gets moved, as many teams are looking for Defence.

9 - Chris Tanev, Vancouver Canucks
Chris Tanev isn't too experienced in the playoffs, but he could be a big piece to making a team a good cup contender. The Canucks should seriously consider moving him if it means bringing a good, young player or prospect to Vancouver.

8 - Tyson Barrie, Colorado Avalanche
Barrie's bad plus-minus (+/-) was nothing to do with how he, himself played i'd say. He played on a bad team. Still though, the Colorado Avalanche hadn't been very good in 2014-15 or 2015-16. Then the fact that they finished 30th this year shows that they need to do something.

7 - Ryan Spooner, Boston Bruins
The Bruins need to fix their defence, and Spooner could be part of a package to get them a really good NHL ready defenseman. Charlie McAvoy could be part of that package too.

6 - Riley Sheahan, Detroit Red Wings
Riley Sheahan almost became the first player to ever take at least 100 shots on goal in one year without scoring any goals that year, but scored 2 goals in the Red Wings' last game of the season (the last game at Joe Louis Arena). But still, Sheahan got 2 goals, 11 assists, and 13 points in 80 games this season. The fact that he didn't score any goals until the last game of the season tells me he needs a fresh start.

5 - Jacob Trouba, Winnipeg Jets
Jacob Trouba missed the start of the season as he wasn't signed, but he finally re-signed with the Jets. He asked for a trade before the season, though it is unknown why he wants out of Winnipeg.

4 - Erik Gudbranson, Vancouver Canucks
The Canucks have some young defensemen coming in, and Gudbranson has had a bad year, so it's time to make room for the younger guys, as Gudbranson will be coming back from injury next year.

3 - Cody Eakin, Dallas Stars
The Stars need to make changes, and could get a pick for Eakin.

2 - Jason Pominville, Minnesota Wild (Edit: Traded to Buffalo)
Pominville hasn't fit in too well with the Wild, and they have the right forwards for them, though they could add some scoring. So i think it's likely he's moved.

1 - Marc-Andre Fleury, Pittsburgh Penguins
The Penguins have Matt Murray coming into the league, and he has been one of the best Goalies in the league lately. With the Vegas Golden Knights looking for a goalie, and each team only being allowed to protect one goalie, Marc-Andre Fleury could get picked up as the Golden Knights' goalie. The Penguins could get a good return for him, so they should go for that return instead of doing him for nothing.

Okay, i can look back at this when the 17-18 season starts and see how many got traded!
Thanks for reading!

Not many. You can't predict these things.

let me make an update!

1. Marcus Johansson
2. Artemi Panarin
3. Marco Scandella
4. Brayden Schenn
etc

lol squinty smile
Oct. 20, 2017 at 7:51 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
wow, i did bad.
Oct. 25, 2017 at 5:37 p.m.
I'm a Skatman