SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Signings

Edmonton Oilers signed Ryan Fanti (2 Years / $925,000 AAV)

Was this a good signing?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Mar. 29, 2022 at 7:35 p.m.
Ryan Fanti has signed a new contract with the Edmonton Oilers.
Entry-Level Contract
Comparable ContractsCOMPARE THIS CONTRACT
SIGNED BY: Ken Holland
Length: 2 years
Value: $1,850,000
Expiry Status: RFA (Arb)
Cap % Tooltip: 1.08
Signing Team: Logo of the Edmonton OilersEdmonton Oilers
Signing Date: Mar. 29, 2022
Source: CapFriendly

Ryan Fanti signed a 2 year, $1,850,000 contract with the Edmonton Oilers on Mar. 29, 2022. The contract has a cap hit of $883,750.

SEASONClauseCap HitTooltipAAV TooltipP. BonusesTooltipS. BonusesTooltipBase SalaryTooltipTotal SalaryTooltipMinors SalTooltip
2022-23$883,750$925,000$82,500$92,500$750,000$842,500$80,000
2023-24$883,750$925,000$0$92,500$832,500$925,000$80,000
TOTAL$1,767,500$1,850,000$82,500$185,000$1,582,500$1,767,500$160,000
Qualifying OfferTooltip: $874,125
Mar. 29, 2022 at 7:47 p.m.
I make typos
Edited Mar. 29, 2022 at 7:52 p.m.
Love this signing, Fanti pitched three straight Shutouts before losing 2-1 to Carter Savoie and Denver in the West Regionals Final stopping 115 out of 117 SOG in his final 4 starts He was a two-time selection for the NCHC All-Conference Academic Team and he was also named the National Collegiate Hockey Conference goaltender of the year
OldNYIfan, SupremeOverlord14, Grievous and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 29, 2022 at 8:14 p.m.
Ban Price trades
Quoting: oilersguy
Love this signing, Fanti pitched three straight Shutouts before losing 2-1 to Carter Savoie and Denver in the West Regionals Final stopping 115 out of 117 SOG in his final 4 starts He was a two-time selection for the NCHC All-Conference Academic Team and he was also named the National Collegiate Hockey Conference goaltender of the year

Something I like just as much as the pretty goalie numbers? He's 22. The kid's got miles of development time left in him.
OldNYIfan, SupremeOverlord14, oilersguy and 3 others liked this.
Mar. 29, 2022 at 8:43 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Great display of foresight by the scouting staff to select this kid in the . . . wait a minute -- you say he wasn't drafted? Well, then, he can't be any good at all, can he?

Seriously, I think that there's every chance this youngster makes it to the NHL.
BeterChiarelli, SupremeOverlord14, oilersguy and 1 other person liked this.
Mar. 29, 2022 at 9:19 p.m.
Your Moms Favourite
I love this signing. I think the future of goaltending for my Oilers will be homegrown. It’s so difficult to find a good goalie without sacrificing our depth. That leaves only two ways of getting a goalie: free agency (which failed, we actually had the highest bid for Markstrom) or homegrown. I am very concerned by our poor goalie coaching, but we have two of the best AHL goalies right now both under 25, and now we add one of the best NCAA goalies. We’ll be fine for goaltending in a year or two. It’s the defense I am worried about. I’ve watched nearly every game this year and the vast majority of losses I can’t blame on our goalies, it’s on our defense. Our defense has improved notably under Woodcroft, but few coaches if any can turn Barrie and Ceci into competent defenders or make Keith feel like a 27yo. That said, we have quite a few defensive prospects I really like, namely Neimeleinen (Finish d-man who loves nothing more than to inflict pain) and Broberg (Star Swedish d-man who has shown great intelligence and awareness under Woodcroft).
OldNYIfan, oilersguy and Grievous liked this.
Mar. 30, 2022 at 1:45 a.m.
Quoting: SupremeOverlord14
I love this signing. I think the future of goaltending for my Oilers will be homegrown. It’s so difficult to find a good goalie without sacrificing our depth. That leaves only two ways of getting a goalie: free agency (which failed, we actually had the highest bid for Markstrom) or homegrown. I am very concerned by our poor goalie coaching, but we have two of the best AHL goalies right now both under 25, and now we add one of the best NCAA goalies. We’ll be fine for goaltending in a year or two. It’s the defense I am worried about. I’ve watched nearly every game this year and the vast majority of losses I can’t blame on our goalies, it’s on our defense. Our defense has improved notably under Woodcroft, but few coaches if any can turn Barrie and Ceci into competent defenders or make Keith feel like a 27yo. That said, we have quite a few defensive prospects I really like, namely Neimeleinen (Finish d-man who loves nothing more than to inflict pain) and Broberg (Star Swedish d-man who has shown great intelligence and awareness under Woodcroft).

Nemo is overvalued because he hits good, but he handles the puck like he’s herding cats and he makes passes as good as Stevie Wonder plays darts. I like him, he skates good, but I don’t see his NHL potential, Samorukov has a much better skill set.
OilednGreasy liked this.
Mar. 30, 2022 at 1:51 a.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Great display of foresight by the scouting staff to select this kid in the . . . wait a minute -- you say he wasn't drafted? Well, then, he can't be any good at all, can he?

Seriously, I think that there's every chance this youngster makes it to the NHL.

Fanti has good size, excellent athleticism, played in probably the toughest conference and is a fierce competitor. What a great signing. I wonder if there is a chance to nab Meyers or Livingstone, Fanti really is an awesome add given the diminishing draft picks, but any of the top NCAA FA’s would be brilliant, I know JL’s fave team are the enemy and I think there is a not much competition for him in their pipeline.

It will be interesting to see who else might be signed, Metsa?
Mar. 30, 2022 at 7:58 a.m.
Quoting: Grievous
Nemo is overvalued because he hits good, but he handles the puck like he’s herding cats and he makes passes as good as Stevie Wonder plays darts. I like him, he skates good, but I don’t see his NHL potential, Samorukov has a much better skill set.

Nemo has 3rd pairing upside. His skating and physicality alone guarantee him an NHL career of some description.

I agree that Samorukov has a much more complete skillset.
BeterChiarelli and oilersguy liked this.
Mar. 30, 2022 at 11:55 a.m.
Your Moms Favourite
Quoting: Grievous

I agree it's concerning that Nemo might turn out to be a Ristoleinan, but having watched him I think he has the awareness, but I think we can all agree that it's obvious he hasn't gotten used to the speeds of North American hockey. I really love him and everyone I talk to loves him, even some of my Calgary friends are excited because he'll add some more blood to the BoA. I think he can develop into a solid 3rd line defender, maybe second on a good day (or a bad day for the rest of our defenders). Plus I like using the line "we found our Nemo" so yeah I really wanna keep him around. Can't be any worse than Ceci and Keith.
Mar. 30, 2022 at 11:56 a.m.
Your Moms Favourite
Quoting: oilersguy

I love that this guy already has a Ryan Fanti profile pic.
oilersguy and OldNYIfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit