25$81,500,000$71,492,891$597,561$1,770,000$10,007,109
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$537,500$538K)
C
UFA - 1
$880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$300,000$300K)
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$917,831$917,831
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
UFA - 4
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$7,000,000$7,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 4
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$863,333$863,333
C
RFA - 1
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$875,000$875,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 5
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$637,500$638K)
LD
RFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 4
$2,875,000$2,875,000
G
UFA - 2
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
RD
RFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$950,000$950,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 5
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RW
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 14, 2022 at 8:24 a.m.
Going to have to add a 1st to that or remove JVR and add a decent prospect
Apr. 14, 2022 at 9:03 a.m.
we miss leo k
Bad move for Montreal. Moving Petry here is doing so at the nadir of his value - but at least he's not a goal scorer that forgot how to score goals like JVR. Yeah, JVR's contract disappears faster, but if I'm the Habs I take the chance that Petry rebuilds some value next year - worst case scenario, you're still trying to dump him at the 2023 deadline, except now he has a year less of term for the acquiring team to try and get a ransom for.
Apr. 14, 2022 at 10:24 a.m.
Edited Apr. 14, 2022 at 10:30 a.m.
Quoting: dannibalcorpse
Bad move for Montreal. Moving Petry here is doing so at the nadir of his value - but at least he's not a goal scorer that forgot how to score goals like JVR. Yeah, JVR's contract disappears faster, but if I'm the Habs I take the chance that Petry rebuilds some value next year - worst case scenario, you're still trying to dump him at the 2023 deadline, except now he has a year less of term for the acquiring team to try and get a ransom for.

Yeah but Petry has been wanting out for a while now and Habs fans have been pretty HARSH on him

I would want out 100% for sure. I think he'll be moved this offseason guaranteed. Habs will have to take a dump back with similar term. JVR only has 1 year left.

JVR is owed 5 M$, Petry is owed 20 M$, without even mentioning the signing bonuses

It's a lot of money to everybody. I'm sure the Flyers would care. They are also the ones here giving up a 22 y/o player who might not reach his full potential, but could still be a quality player in this league

Quoting: Campabee
Going to have to add a 1st to that or remove JVR and add a decent prospect

It would have to be a protected first because Montreal can't risk to give up a high pick here

Van Riemsdyk, James
Frost, Morgan

for

Petry, Jeff
2024 1st round pick (MTL) - Top-10 protected
Apr. 14, 2022 at 10:31 a.m.
Quoting: Xspyrit
Yeah but Perty has been wanting out for a while now and Habs fans have been pretty HARSH on him

I would want out 100% for sure. I think he'll be moved this offseason guaranteed. Habs will have to take a dump back with similar term. JVR only has 1 year left.

It would have to be a protected first because Montreal can't risk to give up a high pick here

Van Riemsdyk, James
Frost, Morgan

for

Petry, Jeff
2024 1st round pick (MTL) - Top-10 protected

You realize the 1st would be going TO Montreal NOT from Montreal right!

JVR + Frost + 2023 1st (unprotected)

for

Petry

AS IF Montreal would need to add to this deal (get real). Petry is already the best player in the trade!
Apr. 14, 2022 at 10:43 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I don't like for Philly. Do the Flyers want 6.25m for three full years? I don't think so. Now if they hadn't signed Risto for to his knew contract, then it would more sense for Philly. 18m in three "aging" RHDs doesn't seem wise for Philly.
The best deal Montreal could get is JVR for Petry...no more.
Xspyrit and Xertalz liked this.
Apr. 14, 2022 at 11:10 a.m.

for

Petry

AS IF Montreal would need to add to this deal (get real). Petry is already the best player in the trade!

An unprotected 1st from a lottery team, a prospect, and a 20 goal UFA you can flip for something at the next deadline is what you want for a 34 yr old with term who isn't playing up to his contract?

Wow.
Bolts20Cup and Xspyrit liked this.
Apr. 14, 2022 at 12:11 p.m.
lol!!! Are you telling me to "get real"? tears of joy

I'm not the one making homeristic statements left and right.

You were saying just last week "White's contract is twice as long, 1.35 Mil more expensive AND their production is pretty much the same over their careers. Sure Byron is 7 years older but if they were the same age we could get both the 1st and Greig for the difference in contract term and money."

White is overpaid by 1.5 AT MOST for the next 3 seasons and the fact that you think you could get a prospect like Greig AND a 1st (nevermind even just one of the 2 pieces) for the "dump" shows out of touch with reality you are, and even more considering White has a super cheap buyout

So please, don't start calling me out or I'll highlight these ridiculous statements in a lot more threads... to make sure people know they are actually discussing with someone who doesn't know/understand much (which is probably something a lot of people already know)

JVR + Frost + 2023 1st (unprotected) for Petry Help

You really are delusional.

What the hell does White have to do with JVR? JVR sucks and the Habs do NOT need or want him, White at least filled a need. JVR's Buyout also is not as cheap as White's AND Petry is better than both those Philly players put together.
HabsLoveZuki liked this.
Apr. 14, 2022 at 2:30 p.m.

for

Petry

Are you telling me to "get real"? flushed cheeks

I'm not the one making this kind of statement :

"White's contract is twice as long, 1.35 Mil more expensive AND their production is pretty much the same over their careers. Sure Byron is 7 years older but if they were the same age we could get BOTH the 1st and Greig for the difference in contract term and money."

White is overpaid by 1.5 AT MOST for the next 3 seasons and the fact that you think you could get a prospect like Greig AND a 1st (nevermind even just one of the 2 pieces) for a rather small dump shows how unrealistic you are on the hockey topic, and even more considering White has a super cheap buyout

So please, don't tell people to get real lol

This is another example, not even close to being realistic :

JVR + Frost + 2023 1st (unprotected) for Petry

What the hell does White have to do with JVR? JVR sucks and the Habs do NOT need or want him, White at least filled a need. JVR's Buyout also is not as cheap as White's AND Petry is better than both those Philly players put together.

Did I say it had to do with the current topic? I cited an example where you were not real, so maybe you'd stop telling people to "get real"

Jeff Petry doesn't have the kind of value you're expecting. He's a cap dump right now (medias said as such). Even if Gorton made a few miracles at the deadline, he won't be able to do it every single time and not of that amplitude.
Apr. 14, 2022 at 2:35 p.m.
Petry to PHI doesn't really make sense anymore, we've got Risto and Ellis long-term
Apr. 14, 2022 at 2:51 p.m.
Edited Apr. 14, 2022 at 2:56 p.m.
Are you telling me to "get real"? flushed cheeks

I'm not the one making this kind of statement :

"White's contract is twice as long, 1.35 Mil more expensive AND their production is pretty much the same over their careers. Sure Byron is 7 years older but if they were the same age we could get BOTH the 1st and Greig for the difference in contract term and money."

White is overpaid by 1.5 AT MOST for the next 3 seasons and the fact that you think you could get a prospect like Greig AND a 1st (nevermind even just one of the 2 pieces) for a rather small dump shows how unrealistic you are on the hockey topic, and even more considering White has a super cheap buyout

So please, don't tell people to get real lol

This is another example, not even close to being realistic :

JVR + Frost + 2023 1st (unprotected) for Petry

Did I say it had to do with the current topic? I cited an example where you were not real, so maybe you'd stop telling people to "get real"

Jeff Petry doesn't have the kind of value you're expecting. He's a cap dump right now (medias said as such). Even if Gorton made a few miracles at the deadline, he won't be able to do it every single time and not of that amplitude.

You're right, NO GM wants a .5 ppg RHD on a decent contract, who 3 out of the last 4 seasons put up 40+ points. tears of joy I mean why would they?! tears of joy

Edit** so you are using an example where I later admitted to not knowing how cheap White's buyout was as an example of what exactly? I admitted my mistake in that case so your argument for it being a ridiculous comment doesn't hold water.

Quoting: Xertalz
Petry to PHI doesn't really make sense anymore, we've got Risto and Ellis long-term

I agree Philly isn't likely a fit with those 2 signed.
Apr. 14, 2022 at 2:54 p.m.
You're right, NO GM wants a .5 ppg RHD on a decent contract, who 3 out of the last 4 seasons put up 40+ points. tears of joy I mean why would they?! tears of joy.

Jeff Petry will be 35 y/o next season. He is owed 20 M$ in real dollars with a 6.25 AAV and is most likely NOT the player he was in the past

You understand that, do you?

I'd be pissed at my GM if he was trading for Petry while giving up a Morgan Frost level young player and only giving up a 1 year cap dump (who is still a ~40 pts scorer)
Apr. 14, 2022 at 3:05 p.m.
Jeff Petry will be 35 y/o next season. He is owed 20 M$ in real dollars with a 6.25 AAV and is most likely NOT the player he was in the past

You understand that, do you?

I'd be pissed at my GM if he was trading for Petry while giving up a Morgan Frost level young player and only giving up a 1 year cap dump (who is still a ~40 pts scorer)

Yes Petry will be 35, age has nothing to do with it if he is still scoring at a .5 ppg pace (like he is right now under MSL). Letang will also be 35 y.o. (sure he puts up more points but that's why he is/will also paid more) he is also likely to get a 3-5 year deal which is even more reason to suggest that Petry is on a fair contract. Look I know you don't like Petry or the Habs in general but even you can't argue with logic and stats
Apr. 15, 2022 at 9:17 a.m.
Edited Apr. 15, 2022 at 9:29 a.m.

I don't know if you speak french or maybe could use a translator, look at that below :

https://www.danslescoulisses.com/commentaires-disgracieux-envers-jeff-petry-sa-femme-julie-petry-souvre-sur-la-situation/

Yes Petry will be 35, age has nothing to do with it if he is still scoring at a .5 ppg pace (like he is right now under MSL). Letang will also be 35 y.o. (sure he puts up more points but that's why he is/will also paid more) he is also likely to get a 3-5 year deal which is even more reason to suggest that Petry is on a fair contract. Look I know you don't like Petry or the Habs in general but even you can't argue with logic and stats

Kris Letang is a few tiers above. He's a future HOFer who won 2 Cups (injured in another) and received Norris votes in 8 different seasons, career 0.69 PPG. Petry was voted #18 and #13 for the Norris in 2 different seasons, career 0.39 PPG

Petry had a nice (but surprising) peak for 4 seasons but it wouldn't be shocking to anyone if it's in the past now. He might be able to play a few more years but regression is pretty normal. Very very few players are able to stay near their peak passed 35 y/o. Not sure why this has to be explained, anybody who has followed the NHL long enough know these things...

So when you tell me to "get real", it is amazingly funny to say the least.

Petry is scoring at 0.30 PPG this season. No GM in their right mind will want to pay the price of his 2017-21 value to acquire him. That is silly. Not at his age/contract. What is crazy is that Montreal medias reported that several times, but you probably missed that

I have nothing against Petry, I actually hope for him and his family that he gets the hell out of Montreal ASAP (see link above)

I also have nothing against Montreal outside of them being divisional rivals with the Sens. Most of my friends (who care about hockey) are Habs fans. I have a house 15 mins away from the bell Center.
dannibalcorpse liked this.
Apr. 15, 2022 at 9:30 a.m.
I don't know if you speak french or maybe could use a translator, look at that below :

https://www.danslescoulisses.com/commentaires-disgracieux-envers-jeff-petry-sa-femme-julie-petry-souvre-sur-la-situation/

Kris Letang is a few tiers above. He's a future HOFer who won 2 Cups (injured in another) and received Norris votes in 8 different seasons, career 0.69 PPG. Petry was voted #18 and #13 for the Norris in 2 different seasons, career 0.39 PPG

Petry had a nice (but surprising) peak for 4 seasons but it wouldn't be shocking to anyone if it's in the past now. He might be able to play a few more years but regression is pretty normal. Very very few players are able to stay near their over 35 y/o. Not sure why this has to be explained, anybody who has followed the NHL long enough know these things...

So when you tell me to "get real", it is amazingly funny to say the least.

Petry is scoring at 0.30 PPG this season. No GM in their right mind will want to pay the price of his 2017-21 value to acquire him. That is silly. Not at his age/contract. What is crazy is that Montreal medias reported that several times

I have nothing against Petry, I actually hope for him and his family that he gets the hell out of Montreal ASAP (see link above)

I also have nothing against Montreal outside of them being divisional near rivals. Most of my friends (who care about hockey) are Habs fans as I have a house 15 mins away from the bell Center.

You keep using Petry's season stat as if that means a hell of a lot. Petry's PPG under MSL (20+ games) is on par with his stats over the last 4 years. That is proof enough to and NHL GM that he has not regressed and that it was the coaching/lack of a system that hindered his play. Even a blind man can see that Petry is not regressing and that you are letting your bias against the Habs cloud your judgment.
Apr. 15, 2022 at 9:36 a.m.
we miss leo k

thank goodness for Chrome's auto-translate. Seems like a terrible situation but both the Petrys are rightfully treating it as a couple of idiots and not indicative of the whole fanbase.

My take on the trade is coming from a vacuum (as I'm sure most of all of ours are), and I'm sure that Kent Hughes has spoken face to face with Jeff Petry and knows how he feels and what he wants. If he talked to Petry and Jeff said he was okay staying with the team through next season as well, I'd take that time to see if he can rebuild value. He's been playing better under MSL, so if he can get back to being a 30-35 point guy who plays solid defense, he's going to be much more easily moved at the deadline next season (having a year less left on his term will help too.)

But if he's had it and wants out, then sure, this kind of deal would work. JVR is a higher cap hit but is gone sooner, and you can take a flyer (no pun intended) on seeing if Morgan Frost can develop into a useful player.
Xspyrit liked this.
Apr. 15, 2022 at 9:58 a.m.
we miss leo k
You keep using Petry's season stat as if that means a hell of a lot. Petry's PPG under MSL (20+ games) is on par with his stats over the last 4 years. That is proof enough to and NHL GM that he has not regressed and that it was the coaching/lack of a system that hindered his play. Even a blind man can see that Petry is not regressing and that you are letting your bias against the Habs cloud your judgment.

Petry's played 22 games under MSL and has 12 points, I don't know if that's an incredibly meaningful sample size - it's good to see him playing better again, and you hope he can carry it over to next season, but you have to include the whole season numbers to get an idea of the player. For comparison, would you buy me trying to sell a trade of Kyle Palmieri to the Habs if I said he's been on pace for a 30 goal season in the 35 games since he came back for injury? Or would you say that discounting his first 25 games before he got hurt isn't painting the full picture?
Apr. 15, 2022 at 10:35 a.m.

lol ok but I have no bias at all, I am well known for that. And it includes my own team, which I am very critical of. Some Sens fans even find it too much.

Gorton is an excellent GM so he might be able to get more than expected (a bit like he did for Kulak/Lehkonen), especially if he abuses a really bad GM like Pierre Dorion but at some point, "miracles" have their limits

JVR + Frost + 2023 1st (unprotected) for Petry is UNREALISTIC, especially from a team that is 4th last right now

Did you read the other people giving their feedback in this thread?

And yes the CURRENT season of a 34 y/o player absolutely matters

For example, do you know who Johnny Oduya is? He was a pretty good player in his prime, not as productive as Petry but pretty good overall. He was a key contributor for the Hawks for their 2015 Cup (he was 33 y/o)

He was still pretty good at 34 y/o too, but he FELL OFF A CLIFF hard the following season, at 35 y/o. It is a pretty standard thing.

Any GM acquiring Petry is dealing with the RISK of being stuck with a really bad contract (6.25 AAV) for 3 seasons.
Apr. 15, 2022 at 2:08 p.m.
Petry's played 22 games under MSL and has 12 points, I don't know if that's an incredibly meaningful sample size - it's good to see him playing better again, and you hope he can carry it over to next season, but you have to include the whole season numbers to get an idea of the player. For comparison, would you buy me trying to sell a trade of Kyle Palmieri to the Habs if I said he's been on pace for a 30 goal season in the 35 games since he came back for injury? Or would you say that discounting his first 25 games before he got hurt isn't painting the full picture?

It's a big enough sample size for GM's to see the 40 games at the beginning of the season as the outlier between previous production and current (last 22 games) production. GM's are not morons they see how horrible the personal situation was and previous coaching/system was on Petry (and every single other Habs player this year). If Petry was still only producing at less than a .3 ppg pace under MSL there would be no argument but he is not he has bounced back just like Habs fans said he would all along.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll