Turner33
Matt59
JT_Miller
jmac490
Jul. 9, 2017 at 2:47 p.m.
Stickied
Edited Aug. 9, 2017 at 10:31 a.m.
BOG Agenda

****BOG OPENINGS TO COME - DROP YOUR NAME IN TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION BY THE 12TH

BOG Members Leaving:
matt59 (August 14th)
jmac490

GMs Who Applied For BOG:
Bo53Horvat
Icegirl
phillyjabroni
DarylthePony
Duster

Votes:

1) To place boltscharge17 on Level 1 of Infraction System: 3-0: Booth Turner Zach in favour

2) To place DirtyDangles on Level 2 (again): 2-2

Other:
1) GM Game Awards: to discuss further after FA
Turner33, CleanDangles, phillyjabroni and 4 others liked this.
May 11, 2017 at 12:39 a.m.
Idk if I'm allowed to say/ask, but Buffalo gm has got to be replaced. Dude gets on the site regularly and doesn't even reply or check in. If we have a replacement, I say go for it
Zach, Jdp, phillyjabroni and 1 other person liked this.
May 11, 2017 at 12:43 a.m.
Quoting: Turner33
Idk if I'm allowed to say/ask, but Buffalo gm has got to be replaced. Dude gets on the site regularly and doesn't even reply or check in. If we have a replacement, I say go for it

I would like for him to reply as well, but let's give it a day or two then decide their fate
May 11, 2017 at 12:44 a.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
Quoting: Turner33

Yeah, there's one thing to be busy and to not be on the site much, but this is just total ignorance and I'd be for replacing him. With given a proper warning of course.

Anybody else with me?
Turner33 liked this.
May 11, 2017 at 12:47 a.m.
Go Jackets
He hasn't posted since Monday, but his activity has been a bit sporadic so I'll take the middle ground for now.
May 11, 2017 at 7:18 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Left him a message on an AGM team he posted 8 hours ago.
He is active on the site, but if he's checking in on his team here, he doesn't seem to be answering everyone.
I asked him to at least take enough time to respond to offers and to drop in here to say hi.
May 11, 2017 at 10:10 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Looking like I'm not going to get to do what I wanted to for entry draft. I keep thinking I'll have free time and stuff keeps coming up IRL.
I haven't given up, but I might not have time to do it, so let's prep as if we are using the google sheet for now.

First, let's hold a vote on the ranking list to use. I don't think it will be an issue, but it's only fair that everyone gets to take a peek at it and see how it looks.
Link to that is in the Entry Draft Discussion thread.

Second, we need a timeframe. We can schedule a start date once we know how long people want to be able to make their picks. I've seen 1.5 and 3 hours most frequently.
Perhaps a 2nd vote to determine if we should go with 1.5, 3, 4, or 6, hours as the options. This way we can estimate how long it will take and can plan accordingly.
This doesn't prevent people from selecting faster if the person before them has already finished, but if your pick is originally due at 10pm and everyone before you is done by 1pm, you still get until 10pm to make your selection.

Anyone not selecting in time will be given the top-most player on the list that has not yet been selected. The BOG will post the pick on behalf of that GM, but we will not use judgement to select, only the criteria of the top-most available player.

I think that's it for now. We need to determine the list and length of time per pick first, so let's start there.
May 11, 2017 at 10:15 a.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: ricochetii
Looking like I'm not going to get to do what I wanted to for entry draft. I keep thinking I'll have free time and stuff keeps coming up IRL.
I haven't given up, but I might not have time to do it, so let's prep as if we are using the google sheet for now.

First, let's hold a vote on the ranking list to use. I don't think it will be an issue, but it's only fair that everyone gets to take a peek at it and see how it looks.
Link to that is in the Entry Draft Discussion thread.

Second, we need a timeframe. We can schedule a start date once we know how long people want to be able to make their picks. I've seen 1.5 and 3 hours most frequently.
Perhaps a 2nd vote to determine if we should go with 1.5, 3, 4, or 6, hours as the options. This way we can estimate how long it will take and can plan accordingly.
This doesn't prevent people from selecting faster if the person before them has already finished, but if your pick is originally due at 10pm and everyone before you is done by 1pm, you still get until 10pm to make your selection.

Anyone not selecting in time will be given the top-most player on the list that has not yet been selected. The BOG will post the pick on behalf of that GM, but we will not use judgement to select, only the criteria of the top-most available player.

I think that's it for now. We need to determine the list and length of time per pick first, so let's start there.

1.5 hours is what I'd favor. Anything longer and we'll take a month to do the draft. I support the list provided.
I'll open up a poll thread to determine that tho.
May 11, 2017 at 10:22 a.m.
Go Jackets
https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/60700
Here's the link to the entry draft vote I put up. Is it good to be put in important information thread rico?
May 11, 2017 at 11:08 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: matt59
Here's the link to the entry draft vote I put up. Is it good to be put in important information thread rico?

Looks good. Yes, It's important for GMs to submit a vote, so put up a notice and link to the vote please. smile
May 11, 2017 at 11:22 a.m.
Go Jackets

Looks good. Yes, It's important for GMs to submit a vote, so put up a notice and link to the vote please. smile

Ok sounds good ??
ricochetii liked this.
May 11, 2017 at 12:31 p.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
What are we doing about Russian free agents that can only sign an ELC, do we dismiss this and treat them like a normal free agent?
May 11, 2017 at 12:35 p.m.
Quoting: Zach
What are we doing about Russian free agents that can only sign an ELC, do we dismiss this and treat them like a normal free agent?

They are essentially free game for all players involved, so I'd say that we should treat them like normal FA but if they need an ELC we can do that accordingly
May 11, 2017 at 12:37 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Undrafted/no rights? Yes. UFA.
May 11, 2017 at 1:01 p.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
Quoting: jmac490

They are essentially free game for all players involved, so I'd say that we should treat them like normal FA but if they need an ELC we can do that accordingly

But what if everyone offer the player the max ELC? Who gets him?

And he is undrafted btw
May 11, 2017 at 1:03 p.m.

And he is undrafted btw

True....
May 11, 2017 at 1:06 p.m.
Go Jackets
Maybe for Russian undrafted free agents we could include bonuses in their contracts. Such that bonuses would already be included in the contract and whoever signs the KHL kid would be stuck with full cap hit regardless of whether full bonuses are met?
May 11, 2017 at 1:24 p.m.
Maybe for Russian undrafted free agents we could include bonuses in their contracts. Such that bonuses would already be included in the contract and whoever signs the KHL kid would be stuck with full cap hit regardless of whether full bonuses are met?

Or just sign them to UFA contracts for the simplicity of this game. Seems we're overthinking it for nothing. For certain portions of the game we'll need to change official NHL rules to fit our game easier. I don't think we need to break our heads to come with a way to do this. Instead of wooing a player with the quality of life in their city and playing time (Since we've taken player perspective out of the game) we just sign them to the highest contract. Problem solved.
May 11, 2017 at 1:31 p.m.
I mean we all know Nashville has the best atmosphere, and city... We have country music.... Isn't that enticing enough?
May 11, 2017 at 1:47 p.m.
Go Habs Go

And he is undrafted btw

I see what you mean. That's something we'll have to consider with free agents and there's a number of ways to go about it, but might be no perfect solution.
Randomized between all the max bids on that player is my first thought. If everyone is offering max, no GM is more deserving than another in that situation.
May 11, 2017 at 10:43 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Have you guys figured out the thing with Detroit's draft picks? Because on their page it says they have MTL's 2nd. But i thought i had MTL's 2nd.

You do have 2nd (MTL - 2017). Detroit's will be removed. I'll remind him.

ok, thanks.
May 13, 2017 at 6:06 p.m.
Go Habs Go
If the Google Sheets I've prepared for tracking the selections and the Tentative Schedule work for the rest of you, I think we can nail down a start date now.
I'm thinking May 26th start, but latest we could go would be June 2nd.

That gives GM's a little under 2 weeks for their final moves and prep work. We'll want to get any sort of "preference list" from GM's prior to that as well, at least for the 1st round.
Maybe 1st round by name, and 2nd/3rd rounds by position, and then it's simply best player available for the remainder.
We will also have to note who owns which picks. Optionally, marking them on the sheet according to who owns them now, and editing them as trades occur.
DirtyRebound liked this.
May 13, 2017 at 8:04 p.m.
Go Jackets
If the Google Sheets I've prepared for tracking the selections and the Tentative Schedule work for the rest of you, I think we can nail down a start date now.

That gives GM's a little under 2 weeks for their final moves and prep work. We'll want to get any sort of "preference list" from GM's prior to that as well, at least for the 1st round.
Maybe 1st round by name, and 2nd/3rd rounds by position, and then it's simply best player available for the remainder.
We will also have to note who owns which picks. Optionally, marking them on the sheet according to who owns them now, and editing them as trades occur.

I'm good with this.
May 13, 2017 at 10:03 p.m.
Go Habs Go

I'm good with this.

That's 2. Where's everyone else at? Sticking Out Tongue
May 13, 2017 at 10:05 p.m.

I'm good with this.

That's 2. Where's everyone else at? Sticking Out Tongue

I'll make it 3 smile let's say between May 28th-30th for start date
May 13, 2017 at 10:32 p.m.
Go Habs Go

I'll make it 3 smile let's say between May 28th-30th for start date

I want to start it on a Friday to take as much advantage of the weekend as we can. Sticking Out Tongue
Thus, the 26th or the 2nd

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll