Turner33
Matt59
JT_Miller
jmac490
Jul. 9, 2017 at 2:47 p.m.
Stickied
Edited Aug. 9, 2017 at 10:31 a.m.
BOG Agenda

****BOG OPENINGS TO COME - DROP YOUR NAME IN TO BE CONSIDERED FOR POSITION BY THE 12TH

BOG Members Leaving:
matt59 (August 14th)
jmac490

GMs Who Applied For BOG:
Bo53Horvat
Icegirl
phillyjabroni
DarylthePony
Duster

Votes:

1) To place boltscharge17 on Level 1 of Infraction System: 3-0: Booth Turner Zach in favour

2) To place DirtyDangles on Level 2 (again): 2-2

Other:
1) GM Game Awards: to discuss further after FA
Turner33, CleanDangles, phillyjabroni and 4 others liked this.
May 28, 2017 at 10:37 p.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Quoting: Zach

Yes I am going to vote, and the rest of this comment beyond the first six words mean absolutely nothing to me.

Did you even read the rest of the comment?

Yes, my opinion remains unchanged, as does your attitude apparently.
nobody and Jdp liked this.
May 28, 2017 at 10:37 p.m.
Rangers, nobody is making the case against you rn and you shouldn't be saving face. The BOGs will make their decision. There is no more worrying or anything. It's all up to them. The best thing for you, and frankly everyone is to shut up and wait.
nobody and Duster liked this.
May 28, 2017 at 10:38 p.m.
I think we should all abstain from conversation with rangers till further notice. The more you try to engage in meaningful conversation with him, the more whining is produced. If we wants to moan, let him moan, but from know on he can moan only to himself
phillyjabroni and Duster liked this.
May 28, 2017 at 10:38 p.m.
Boo Hoo
fyi,i made my pick
ricochetii and jmac490 liked this.
May 28, 2017 at 10:39 p.m.
We should let him plead his case. And in the meantime we should let him think of a cohesive response, so let's not spam the chat and give him a few minutes
May 28, 2017 at 10:41 p.m.
Hardcore Sabres fan
Quoting: jmac490
We should let him plead his case. And in the meantime we should let him think of a cohesive response, so let's not spam the chat and give him a few minutes

Sounds like a great idea, glad I thought of itlaugh
nobody, jmac490 and phillyjabroni liked this.
May 28, 2017 at 10:42 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: ricochetii

okay, but i will stop. how about we stop the idea of a poll for this and if i keep making threads in the GM Game without asking and commenting about the pick update posts then you do the poll?

We aren't doing a poll. We are currently holding a vote. We are not going to call off a vote based on future promises.
Past actions made this an issue, and we will find a way to deal with that issue.

Whether that means you are removed or get to remain in the game is yet to be seen, but empty threats and promises, begging and pleading, and/or whining aren't likely going to do you any favors.
Post why you should be allowed to remain in the game and then wait for a decision to be made. One post. Take your time and think about it.

okay, 1 post:

I believe i should stay in the game because when i created this game, it was not supposed to be a game where people got kicked out of the game and all that, i just thought we'd have a game where we all pretend to be GMs and make trades and stuff. I thought it would be all about having fun and everyone could stay in the game if they picked a team. I also think it's unreasonable that people are ignoring when i say that i will stop making those threads. Because i actually mean it. I will stop making those threads. Also, i started the game, and i'm okay with not being in the BOG, but since i started the game, i feel like it's fair that i can at least stay a GM. And also, when i got kicked out of the BOG i asked if i could at least stay a GM and i was told that i could even if i couldn't be a BOG member, so i don't want that being changed. So that is why i feel that i should be allowed to stay in the game.
May 28, 2017 at 10:42 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Rangers, nobody is making the case against you rn and you shouldn't be saving face. The BOGs will make their decision. There is no more worrying or anything. It's all up to them. The best thing for you, and frankly everyone is to shut up and wait.

okay then, i'll wait.
May 28, 2017 at 10:43 p.m.
Go Habs Go

okay, but i will stop. how about we stop the idea of a poll for this and if i keep making threads in the GM Game without asking and commenting about the pick update posts then you do the poll?

We aren't doing a poll. We are currently holding a vote. We are not going to call off a vote based on future promises.
Past actions made this an issue, and we will find a way to deal with that issue.

Whether that means you are removed or get to remain in the game is yet to be seen, but empty threats and promises, begging and pleading, and/or whining aren't likely going to do you any favors.
Post why you should be allowed to remain in the game and then wait for a decision to be made. One post. Take your time and think about it.

Quoting: Zach
Quoting: jmac490

Sounds like a great idea, glad I thought of itlaugh

Pardon?
May 28, 2017 at 10:49 p.m.

okay, 1 post:

I believe i should stay in the game because when i created this game, it was not supposed to be a game where people got kicked out of the game and all that, i just thought we'd have a game where we all pretend to be GMs and make trades and stuff. I thought it would be all about having fun and everyone could stay in the game if they picked a team. I also think it's unreasonable that people are ignoring when i say that i will stop making those threads. Because i actually mean it. I will stop making those threads. Also, i started the game, and i'm okay with not being in the BOG, but since i started the game, i feel like it's fair that i can at least stay a GM. And also, when i got kicked out of the BOG i asked if i could at least stay a GM and i was told that i could even if i couldn't be a BOG member, so i don't want that being changed. So that is why i feel that i should be allowed to stay in the game.

I think this is it
May 29, 2017 at 7:41 a.m.
BreKel
I 100% vote for the removal of Rangers from the GM game. He doesn't follow rules, and plays dumb after you tell him over and over and over to stop. I believe this makes the vote: 3-2?

Unless I missed something going through the last few pages.
phillyjabroni, ricochetii and Jdp liked this.
May 29, 2017 at 7:57 a.m.
Quoting: BreKel
I 100% vote for the removal of Rangers from the GM game. He doesn't follow rules, and plays dumb after you tell him over and over and over to stop. I believe this makes the vote: 3-2?

Unless I missed something going through the last few pages.

It's currently 3-2. Zach and JT have yet to vote on the matter
May 29, 2017 at 11:23 a.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Quoting: DavidBooth7
I wanted to point something out from a while ago, something that you said Rico...

I feel as though me and the people who have been amongst those rotten apples haven't acted as such any more. There's only one bad apple from what I can see. He hasn't stopped. And as you said before, you should be able to stop him. If that means removal from the game, then so be it. I feel as though he has been given way too many warnings. He was supposed to go through a 3 strike system, what even happened to that? I can find three strikes in just the past three days. It's not like I have a say, but I feel as though were I to be able to vote, I would consider all efforts made by the BOG to put an end to this, yet it was refused, which is why I would vote in favour of his removal from the game. My two cents

But can i please stay in the game? I have done so much here. 1) i created the game, 2) i was listening to what others wanted, 3) I even accepted this whole BOG thing. But i will not accept being removed from the game. If you want me to be removed from the game because i'm asking for a 1st rounder for Girardi and all that, which i don't believe is the reason, it doesn't make sense to me.

Asking for a 1st for Girardi should be a reason why you should be removed laugh

I know its not exactly my place and I have only been In the game for a month but I have recognized many encouters of rangers annoyance towards many people. I have also noticed the playing dumb card he uses when he is caught. That being said he is one of the founders of this game. I believe a penalty should be given for his actions but to remove him completely is a bit harsh considering he is one of the creators. Suggestion: demote him to an AGM for a certain Time period. This could be like his personal rehab working under someone and seeing if he has any self control. From their if their is improvements he could be promoted to Co-GM with whoever his partner may be. Problem with this is that I don't know to many members on this site that would want to work with him as he has the craziest opinions on the planet. But all in all I believe a full kick to the curb doesn't fit the proper punishment. Yes he is a nuisance and yes has a hard time learning his lesson, but without him what are the chances this game would exist. Just keep this in mind. I know its not my place but I would atleast recommend taking this into consideration - RodzikHockey AZ GM
matt59, ricochetii and nobody liked this.
May 29, 2017 at 11:29 a.m.
Go Jackets
For this vote are we requiring 4/7 votes to pass or 5/7? Full removal from the game seems to be something where it should be a clear cut decision, so I think it should be a 5-2 vote in favor to pass.
May 29, 2017 at 11:32 a.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: matt59
For this vote are we requiring 4/7 votes to pass or 5/7? Full removal from the game seems to be something where it should be a clear cut decision, so I think it should be a 5-2 vote in favor to pass.

If we think we are too close on an issue for definitive action, we're supposed to take it to a public vote.
May 29, 2017 at 11:33 a.m.
Go Jackets

If we think we are too close on an issue for definitive action, we're supposed to take it to a public vote.

Ok. If it goes to public vote, 2/3 majority needed or simple majority?
May 29, 2017 at 11:37 a.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
I also strongly believe we should get the Legend himself Palhal in here to get his view on this matter. He is like Moses to this site. He would know exactly what to docheers Cheers to Palhal
May 29, 2017 at 11:37 a.m.
Go Habs Go

Majority. We can't move the bar to affect the result. We will have 3 options which boil down to Removal, Penalty, and Warning.
May 29, 2017 at 11:40 a.m.
Go Jackets

Majority. We can't move the bar to affect the result. We will have 3 options which boil down to Removal, Penalty, and Warning.

Ah ok, and not to be overly technical, but do we need one of the options to get at least 50% of the entire vote to win (electoral college system) or just whichever category gets the most votes wins?
May 29, 2017 at 11:54 a.m.
Is there a timeline for this vote. meaning, is there a deadline
May 29, 2017 at 12:01 p.m.
Go Habs Go

Ah ok, and not to be overly technical, but do we need one of the options to get at least 50% of the entire vote to win (electoral college system) or just whichever category gets the most votes wins?

Simple majority should be enough and this is on top of the BOG decision (so a form of tie-breaker).
On second thought we could make it simpler and leave it at 2 options, leaving warning out completely, since he's already had so many.
May 29, 2017 at 12:03 p.m.
Go Habs Go

You're getting a little too invested in this Philly. Like a too clingy girlfriend. Give us some breathing room. Sticking Out Tongue
Only thing going on right now is the 1st round of the draft, and NYI isn't involved in the 1st round (and can't be while frozen), so we have a few days.
May 29, 2017 at 12:05 p.m.

You're getting a little too invested in this Philly. Like a too clingy girlfriend. Give us some breathing room. Sticking Out Tongue
Only thing going on right now is the 1st round of the draft, and NYI isn't involved in the 1st round (and can't be while frozen), so we have a few days.

damn. never even noticed. thats the way it goes
May 29, 2017 at 1:39 p.m.
NYR v3 GM
Just came on for the first time today and I guess the discussion is about removing rangersansisles fan. I'm going to read and catch up on everything then I'll give my opinion.
ricochetii, jmac490 and Zach liked this.
May 29, 2017 at 1:55 p.m.
NYR v3 GM
At first I was leaning towards voting against removing rangersandislesfan since he may just have been doing little things that are annoying to most and has not committed one huge infraction. However, after reading the last 5 pages or so of comments on this issue, my vote is going to go for removing him. Reading those pages of comments and rangersandislesfan's promises to stop doing this and stop doing that are too familiar. Every time we have this discussion he always promises to stop doing these things that annoy everybody but still ends up doing them. Based on past history of empty promises and no changes in behavior after vowing to do so, my vote is to remove rangersansislesfan. 3-2 in favor of removal as of now.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll