SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

ehlers to sens

Created by: zizougaffar
Published: May 13, 2022 at 4:24 p.m.
Salary Cap: $81,500,000
Season Days: 40/200 (20%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOttawa Senators

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Brown, ConnorOttawa SenatorsNHL-$720,000011---64102939--
Brännström, ErikWaivers ExemptOttawa SenatorsNHL-$172,667011---5301414--
Greig, RidlyWaivers ExemptOttawa SenatorsMinor-$0001---0000--
2022 1st round pick (Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOTT)---100------
2022 2nd round pick (Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOTT)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Ehlers, NikolajWinnipeg JetsNHL-$1,200,000011---62282755--
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$10,618,5742247633816
Change-$307,333-1-1-2-1-10
Final$10,311,241 (↓)21 (↓)46 (↓)61 (↓)2 (↓)7 (↓)1618-162

Logo of the Winnipeg JetsWinnipeg Jets

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Ehlers, NikolajWinnipeg JetsNHL-$6,000,000011---62282755--
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Brown, ConnorOttawa SenatorsNHL-$3,600,000011---64102939--
Brännström, ErikWaivers ExemptOttawa SenatorsNHL-$863,333011---5301414--
Greig, RidlyWaivers ExemptOttawa SenatorsMinor-$0001---0000--
2022 1st round pick (Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOTT)---100------
2022 2nd round pick (Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsOTT)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$1,316,6672141523610
Change$1,536,667112110
Final$2,853,334 (↑)22 (↑)42 (↑)54 (↑)4 (↑)7 (↑)10-1816-2
Who wins this?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

May 13, 2022 at 5:03 p.m.
Doubtful that the Jets move Ehlers and there is nothing here that makes them think about it.
May 13, 2022 at 5:23 p.m.
Quoting: Windjammer
Doubtful that the Jets move Ehlers and there is nothing here that makes them think about it.

I agree that Jets are unlikely to deal Ehlers, but if they went full rebuild mode what do you realistically think they would get for him?

This package translates to:
#7 overall pick this year
High second round pick this year
Greig (drafted late 1st round in 2020, was on the Canadian WJC team)
Brannstrom....maybe still has potential?
Brown (deadline trade candidate on expiring contract...Jets probably get a 3rd round pick for him)
EatMyScoobySnack liked this.
May 13, 2022 at 6:11 p.m.
Quoting: Lanny_McJagrBomb
I agree that Jets are unlikely to deal Ehlers, but if they went full rebuild mode what do you realistically think they would get for him?

This package translates to:
#7 overall pick this year
High second round pick this year
Greig (drafted late 1st round in 2020, was on the Canadian WJC team)
Brannstrom....maybe still has potential?
Brown (deadline trade candidate on expiring contract...Jets probably get a 3rd round pick for him)

If they did go full rebuild, I would think they forgo taking players like Brown and Brannstrom, that they don't need and likely go for the best picks/prospects they could get. So, something around Greig and the pick and probably something else.
Lanny_McJagrBomb liked this.
May 13, 2022 at 6:16 p.m.
OTT will not add Greig in a trade unless it involves Kyle Connor
May 13, 2022 at 6:20 p.m.
Leblock_james
As A Sens Fan I do Not see the Jets even considering Trading away Elhers him and connor are untouchables and i ottawa values greig too much to give him up its a good proposal tho
May 14, 2022 at 12:56 a.m.
Edited May 14, 2022 at 1:07 a.m.
Quoting: Windjammer
If they did go full rebuild, I would think they forgo taking players like Brown and Brannstrom, that they don't need and likely go for the best picks/prospects they could get. So, something around Greig and the pick and probably something else.

Here's the thing, looking at the Jets roster, I don't think they should go into a full rebuild, but rather a retool to try and fix the team's defence, and with the retool, I think the two most likely players to get traded from the team are Scheifele and Ehlers. I don't follow the Jets that often so I might be wrong, but I doubt the team trades Wheeler, unless they are ok with trading their Captain, and Connor should definitely be an untouchable.

Now you said you wouldn't take the likes of Brown and Brannstrom in a full rebuild, which is can be true, however, I think Brown can be valuable to the team as he is a very good 3rd liner, but during the retool he would take a top 6 spot until the Jets forwards like Perfetti and Vesalainen have fully developed. Brannstrom I figured since, again I could be wrong, I don't think there are many puck moving defenders on the Jets team, so I figured why not place him in the trade.
EatMyScoobySnack liked this.
May 14, 2022 at 11:19 a.m.
Quoting: zizougaffar
Here's the thing, looking at the Jets roster, I don't think they should go into a full rebuild, but rather a retool to try and fix the team's defence, and with the retool, I think the two most likely players to get traded from the team are Scheifele and Ehlers. I don't follow the Jets that often so I might be wrong, but I doubt the team trades Wheeler, unless they are ok with trading their Captain, and Connor should definitely be an untouchable.

Now you said you wouldn't take the likes of Brown and Brannstrom in a full rebuild, which is can be true, however, I think Brown can be valuable to the team as he is a very good 3rd liner, but during the retool he would take a top 6 spot until the Jets forwards like Perfetti and Vesalainen have fully developed. Brannstrom I figured since, again I could be wrong, I don't think there are many puck moving defenders on the Jets team, so I figured why not place him in the trade.

My read is different.

Jets are retooling, and because of that, the highest value guys are Connor and Ehlers. Young, elite, locked in with term. Theyre untouchable.

Given the age of Wheeler, the fact that they want a new energy and leadership (Maurice left because he felt they needed a new voice), I think Wheeler is 100% on the block. Same with Scheifele.
Windjammer liked this.
May 14, 2022 at 1:49 p.m.
Quoting: zizougaffar

Yeah, it is very unlikely the Jets go full rebuild, but either way the Jets would keep Ehlers. He's still fairly young and has a great contract. The mostly probable route is a retool with PLD, Connor, Ehlers, Morrissey, Hellebuyck as the new core. Wheeler probably won't be moved, as True North is too loyal to move him unless he asks.

The defense isn't too bad, it's more that team defense and systems need to be fixed and that should be taken care of with new coaches. Although the Jets could use more size and physicality on their defense which Brannstrom wouldn't provide.

Brown would be an okay add, it would just depend on the cost.
May 14, 2022 at 3:37 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: PLDGEY
My read is different.

Jets are retooling, and because of that, the highest value guys are Connor and Ehlers. Young, elite, locked in with term. Theyre untouchable.

Given the age of Wheeler, the fact that they want a new energy and leadership (Maurice left because he felt they needed a new voice), I think Wheeler is 100% on the block. Same with Scheifele.

Yeah, Wheeler is going to be kind of tough to move not just because of his contract, but also with the locker room rumor
zizougaffar liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit