SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Mock draft with explanations

Mock draft with explanations

Draft Class: 2022
Created By: IconicHawk
Published: May 23, 2022 at 9:53 a.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-This is obvious not much I can say that hasn’t been said about him before.
2Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Will replace Damon Severson once he leaves next offseason (I know most people will disagree with this pick)
3Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Wright is off the board so they settle for Cooley instead to be the new number 1 center
4Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Another center to build offence around with Bernies
5Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Philly desperately needs a RD and with Nemec off the board they settle for Jiricek
6Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsLogo of the Chicago BlackhawksEuropean with insane upside vintage Columbus pick
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Overrated but see his upside just not ready for the nhl yet like many think he is (know I’m gonna get a ton of hate for this)
8Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Seems like someone Stevie Y would draft and I think he’d do well in his system
9Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Not a full Eichel replacement but a valid one none the less just needs time to develop his skating, him and Cozens should make a fun duo of top 6 centers
10Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Just can’t stop fantasizing about him and Zegras on the same line together
11Logo of the San Jose Sharks-Big body forward who can produce just what they need
12Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-They already drafted a right winger with the 6th pick so they use this one address another need: RD
13Logo of the New York Islanders-Gives Barzal potential top line left winger
14Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Honestly I had difficulty choosing between him and Casey but I think Chelsey is a better fit either one works though
15Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-First real off the board pick but should be able to replace JT Miller once he leaves
16Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsA risk because of the Russian factor but he has the talent if he can put it together
17Logo of the Nashville Predators-
18Logo of the Dallas Stars-
19Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-
20Logo of the Washington Capitals-
21Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
22Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
23Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
24Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
25Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
26Logo of the New York Rangers-
27Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
28Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-
29Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Calgary Flames
30Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Carolina Hurricanes
31Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
32Logo of the Buffalo SabresLogo of the Florida Panthers
May 23, 2022 at 11:15 a.m.
migh be one of the few gere who think slafkovsky will drop. i do think he is close to nhl ready, but i dont see the top scoring winger potential. i also think a winger js the last thing the wings need, might go for a center like nazar.
May 23, 2022 at 12:01 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
He's at best a Jesse Puljujarvi. There, I said it
May 23, 2022 at 2:22 p.m.
Good with Nemec at #2.
Would also be good with Cooley, Wright or Slafkovsky.
May 23, 2022 at 3:11 p.m.
Gauthier?
May 23, 2022 at 4:59 p.m.
I think Isles would take Yurov over Gauthier.
May 23, 2022 at 7:14 p.m.
Bedard23
Quoting: Db1899
I think Isles would take Yurov over Gauthier.

I have a feeling the Russian factor will scare them logically if it didn’t exist he’s a near top 5 pick
May 24, 2022 at 8:48 a.m.
In The Mix
jiricek >>>> nemec
May 24, 2022 at 12:17 p.m.
love that nemec pick, so many people underrate the value of a high-caliber RD prospect in the league rn.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll