3$925,000
Trades
MTL
  1. 2022 1st round pick (NYI)
NYI
  1. Anderson, Josh
Additional Details:
https://twitter.com/NHLRumorsDaily/status/1541169011844603904

https://twitter.com/nhlrumorsdaily/status/1537569634748088321?s=21&t=IZG30NgDcCjEmGKVimQvyQ
MTL
  1. 2023 2nd round pick (TBL)
CHI
    Compensation from the League for not signing Logan Mailloux before June 1st, 2023.
    Buyouts
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the ANA
    Logo of the CAR
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the FLA
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the TBL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the CGY
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the MTL
    Logo of the EDM
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$82,500,000$73,138,749$1,132,500$1,565,000$9,361,251
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
    $880,833$880,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $7,875,000$7,875,000
    C
    UFA - 8
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $5,500,000$5,500,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    Wright, Shane
    $925,000$925,000
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    LW
    UFA - 2
    $1,750,000$1,750,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $4,450,000$4,450,000
    C
    UFA - 3
    $6,500,000$6,500,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 5
    $750,000$750,000
    C, LW
    UFA - 1
    $1,700,000$1,700,000
    C
    UFA - 3
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 3
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    LD
    RFA - 3
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    $10,500,000$10,500,000
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $875,000$875,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $2,343,750$2,343,750
    RD
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 3
    $2,875,000$2,875,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
    LD/RD
    RFA - 3
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
    RD
    RFA - 2
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $897,500$897,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
    LW, RW
    RFA - 3
    $762,500$762,500
    RD
    UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jun. 27, 2022 at 2:12 p.m.
    Quoting: Billy739
    Why would this effect my sleep . . .
    This is just Facts based on Statements from Hughes interviews with Eric Engles mostly

What you're saying goes against literally every Trade hughes has made
    Lets go over the list

You were wrong about the value of
    -Lehkonen
    -Kulak
    -Chiarot
    -Toffoli
    -Weber

Just to name 5 arguments i remember having with you
    That said to be fully upfront i was wrong on most of the returns to as we got more then i expected

Just saying if this was MB era i think you'd be right and we'd both be closer on predictions
    But in the Hughes Era things are not the same at all as his worst trade to date trumps MB best trades(and he made some good ones)

Opinions aside i base my baseline around the trade history of each GM
    If i was to build teams based only of what i wanted then most of the Veterans would be gone
    That said i kept in Mind when MB was in charge the type of moves he made as im doing now with Hughes

If you think you can Challenge me based on Fact feel free
    Just remember i dont forget and when this trade happens im not humble about it lol

ysSxq29.png

Yeah swing and a miss, try again next time buddy
    Jun. 27, 2022 at 2:12 p.m.
    Billy739
    Quoting: TheWhiteWhale
    don't they have to offer a contract first tho?

Actually now that you point that out i think you're right
    Case and point Wheeler in ARZ was taken 5th OA refused to sign and ARZ got a 5th pick 2nd round pick as compensation

If they dont make an offer they get nothing
    You are right
    Jun. 27, 2022 at 2:13 p.m.
    Billy739
    Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
    Lol what? I was wrong about the Toffoli trade? I called the exact value over a month before the trade. The fact that you seem to have these crazy memories of me being wrong on all of the above players trades speaks volumes about you

Not the Prospect you didnt sir
    By your logic im never wrong on trade im just off by a couple pieces or picks haha
    Which is why i use my logic

If i say Lehkonen will get a 1st and he gets a 2nd and Barron then im wrong
    Even though its value is greater i dont give myself a pat on the back for being closer then others

That said when i call Chiarot with a 1st and a Prospect then we get a 1st ,4th and a prospect i'd still call that wrong.
    I was close but i wasnt right
    Jun. 27, 2022 at 2:14 p.m.
    sensonfire
    Quoting: TheWhiteWhale
    don't they have to offer a contract first tho?

Depends on the circumstances like whether the draft choice is going to college and how old he is.

This page on Capfriendly sums it up:

https://www.capfriendly.com/reserve-list-faq
    Billy739 and TheWhiteWhale liked this.
    Jun. 27, 2022 at 2:17 p.m.
    Not the Prospect you didnt sir
    By your logic im never wrong on trade im just off by a couple pieces or picks haha

I said VALUE, not exact trade. Heineman is worth a 2nd. As the rumors actually started to come into fruition I actually posted "1st + Heineman + Pitlick" about a week before the trade, want me to find that one too?
    Jun. 27, 2022 at 2:19 p.m.
    Billy739
    Quoting: sensonfire
    Depends on the circumstances like whether the draft choice is going to college and how old he is.

This page on Capfriendly sums it up:

https://www.capfriendly.com/reserve-list-faq

In this situation i doubt Mailloux doesnt re-sign
    I also highly doubt they dont offer Mailloux a deal
    He's done everything he can and more
    Even if its just to trade him to a location that wont be as Prejudice against him
    There's more value in trade him then not signing him and it sends the same message if thats their intent
    sensonfire liked this.
    Jun. 27, 2022 at 2:21 p.m.
    Billy739
    I said VALUE, not exact trade. Heineman is worth a 2nd. As the rumors actually started to come into fruition I actually posted "1st + Heineman + Pitlick" about a week before the trade, want me to find that one too?

Sure , whatever helps you sleep at night haha
    I accept the difference between right and wrong
    I see being wrong as an opportunity to Humble myself and Grow my Knowledge.

Your approach is to ignore Context and Go "See im right "
    I mean if that's what you need to tell yourself ok
    But i dont get most of the lotto numbers right then Celebrate almost winning
    Jun. 27, 2022 at 2:27 p.m.
    1 He didnt say that
    2 the direction he's building is Mailloux game
    3 you're a bully

The kid broke a Paparazzi law and has been villainized and slandered.
    He's not only jumped through all the NHL's hoops he showed Remoarse , Paid for his Crime and Justice was served.

He didnt Rape someone like E.Kane or P.Kane then hire the same lawyer to Sl** Shame them and attack them publicly until they withdrew when legions of NHL Fans attacked them because they felt defending their favorite player mattered more then Justice

Or NHL All Star Varlamov beating and holding his Girlfriend Hostage yet still being able to play.

Those are just a few of the full grown men who bullied their victims using the system to their advantage.
    Mailloux like a Schmuck owned his actions and showed true remoarse never fighting this just accepting his punishment.
    He showed more Maturity at 17 then many of the NHL's top stars in their Prime.

Why we're trying to bully the kid into offing himself is just wild. . .
    Especially when his story could raise awareness to help prevent future victims from going through this
    Its a huge reason why Rape Culture is so popular this side of the world and why we act so outraged but do nothing

I am with you on a lot of this. Ending rape culture in mens hockey and in general is something that is in dire need. The way women are treated in this world is awful (see the US supreme courts ruling on Roe v Wade). As a Hawks fan, and when it comes to the accusations against Patrick Kane, I was all for the full force of the law and the NHL coming down on him. Having friends and family that have been victims of sexual assault and having been a victim myself, my initial reaction was to terminate his contract and ban him from the league, I was furious. But I tried to temper my reaction and reserve judgment until more facts were available. When you look at that case as a whole, I think they did a pretty good job of defending Kane without slandering his accuser. I followed it very closely as it all unfolded and once the facts were available, it was pretty clear it was a hoax. I don't want to go out of my way to defend him, but I see that argument against him a lot and I think people need to look into the facts more before speaking so absolutely about his character. Yes, he was a ****head when he was younger and did some dumb stuff, but when it comes to that, the facts point to him not being a rapist.
    Billy739 liked this.
    Jun. 27, 2022 at 2:29 p.m.
    Quoting: Lancebmx
    Why wouldn't Montreal sign Mailloux?

They get a 2nd rounder if they dont sign him.
    sensonfire liked this.
    Jun. 27, 2022 at 2:31 p.m.
    Billy739
    Quoting: bagelbob
    i’ve been arguing for a while that pulju would be a perfect target for the isles. his underlying numbers are all really solid and they’d pay less in contract and to acquire him than for a lot of other players. he’s still super young and there’s reason to believe there’s more there. he would just be a significantly better acquisition than anderson in literally every way.

I gotta agree right up until "every way " part

Anderson's a net front battler who screens goals and lives for battling along the boards using all his size and speed

Puljujarvi is more an Lehkonen then an Anderson
    He hits often or even more but its the same physically dominant player as Power Forwards like Anderson or Armia

JP is a great player and more reliable i think as a playmaker
    Andersons game is all about Shots , Tip in's and Battling for rebounds infront of the net and in the corner.

That said NYI have enough net front battler's to justify a Puljujarvi
    That said IF Lou like Barzal-Anderson based on Chemisty reasons then this is all a moot point as Lou always goes with Gut calls of Number Crunching then adjusts accordingly based on the teams new needs.(Did it in NJD ,TML and NYI for better or worse)
    Jun. 27, 2022 at 2:35 p.m.
    I gotta agree right up until "every way " part

Anderson's a net front battler who screens goals and lives for battling along the boards using all his size and speed

Puljujarvi is more an Lehkonen then an Anderson
    He hits often or even more but its the same physically dominant player as Power Forwards like Anderson or Armia

JP is a great player and more reliable i think as a playmaker
    Andersons game is all about Shots , Tip in's and Battling for rebounds infront of the net and in the corner.

That said NYI have enough net front battler's to justify a Puljujarvi
    That said IF Lou like Barzal-Anderson based on Chemisty reasons then this is all a moot point as Lou always goes with Gut calls of Number Crunching then adjusts accordingly based on the teams new needs.(Did it in NJD ,TML and NYI for better or worse)

barzal-anderson was fine at worlds but it wasn’t this crazy, can’t miss, marchand-crosby-bergeron chemistry, and with parise lee and nelson there’s really no need for more net-front guys. getting a guy like pulju makes way more sense when looking at the current roster, that’s why i said he’s a better ACQUISITION for this team than anderson in every way. anderson fills a role we already have guys to fill. if lou was worried about chemistry with barzal, he never should have exposed eberle in expansion.
    Billy739 liked this.
    Jun. 27, 2022 at 2:41 p.m.
    Billy739
    Quoting: Garak
    I am with you on a lot of this. Ending rape culture in mens hockey and in general is something that is in dire need. The way women are treated in this world is awful (see the US supreme courts ruling on Roe v Wade). As a Hawks fan, and when it comes to the accusations against Patrick Kane, I was all for the full force of the law and the NHL coming down on him. Having friends and family that have been victims of sexual assault and having been a victim myself, my initial reaction was to terminate his contract and ban him from the league, I was furious. But I tried to temper my reaction and reserve judgment until more facts were available. When you look at that case as a whole, I think they did a pretty good job of defending Kane without slandering his accuser. I followed it very closely as it all unfolded and once the facts were available, it was pretty clear it was a hoax. I don't want to go out of my way to defend him, but I see that argument against him a lot and I think people need to look into the facts more before speaking so absolutely about his character. Yes, he was a ****head when he was younger and did some dumb stuff, but when it comes to that, the facts point to him not being a rapist.

To play devils advocate
    How could you say though?
    No trial was ever seriously pursued as USA justice system to the rest of the world looks uncivilized is what most Americans dont see.
    The fact that E.Kane hired him right after to do the same thing choosing to attack the victim rather then prove his innocence

As bad as Canada is as our conviction rate really isnt much better we atleast hear the victims out(even if in vain seemingly sometimes)
    Its the standards in which a jury is asked to assign guilt that is our issue up here as the onus is on the victim to prove beyond any shadow of a doubt it happened which is nearly impossible in most case's of sexual abuse unless they tape it which is also illegal without their abuser's consent.

My point is Kane in Sweden woulda been convicted 8/10 based on their Conviction rates vs ours
    Their standards are to rely more on the Judge's discretion in cases like this
    The judge weighs your history and other accusations more seriously then a jury does as getting 12 people to agree on Lunch is impossible let alone Guilt

The victims here are Targets
    The victims there are treated like humans and media that attacks them is in violation of the law
    Its why Tabloids wasnt set up there bashing the Rape Victim as that type of Sensationalism isnt welcome

We're fairly young countries that still have a lot to learn
    Sweden has survived as long as it has by evolving its laws in really progressive ways
    Garak liked this.
    Jun. 27, 2022 at 2:42 p.m.
    Quoting: LIRIK
    They get a 2nd rounder if they dont sign him.

Yes I know that, but why wouldn't they just keep the talented young player instead of basically giving up a first for a second? Yeah he had a little contraversy but I think that will be passed.
    Jun. 27, 2022 at 2:45 p.m.
    Billy739
    Quoting: bagelbob
    barzal-anderson was fine at worlds but it wasn’t this crazy, can’t miss, marchand-crosby-bergeron chemistry, and with parise lee and nelson there’s really no need for more net-front guys. getting a guy like pulju makes way more sense when looking at the current roster, that’s why i said he’s a better ACQUISITION for this team than anderson in every way. anderson fills a role we already have guys to fill. if lou was worried about chemistry with barzal, he never should have exposed eberle in expansion.

Agree but apparently Lou doesnt agree
    According to multiple sources he's got that hard on for Anderson as he had for Andersen funny enough
    He gave up a 1st and a 2nd for him
    Many thought that was overpaying given the situation ANA was in is similar to NYR now with Georgiev and Shesterkin
    They didnt have the leverage and Lou overpaid anyways

Lou overpays and gets less then he should in deals
    That said he does build really tough playoff teams so it makes up for it
    Jun. 27, 2022 at 2:48 p.m.
    Billy739
    Yes I know that, but why wouldn't they just keep the talented young player instead of basically giving up a first for a second? Yeah he had a little contraversy but I think that will be passed.

Not only a 2nd rounder but the last 2nd rounder as he was the last pick in the 1st round
    Not worth it at all

We'd get more in a sign and trade then that even if its just a 2nd in 2-3 years from now it would have more value
    Jun. 27, 2022 at 2:52 p.m.
    sensonfire

You could ask the same question about Filip Johansson.
    Jun. 27, 2022 at 2:53 p.m.
    Agree but apparently Lou doesnt agree
    According to multiple sources he's got that hard on for Anderson as he had for Andersen funny enough
    He gave up a 1st and a 2nd for him
    Many thought that was overpaying given the situation ANA was in is similar to NYR now with Georgiev and Shesterkin
    They didnt have the leverage and Lou overpaid anyways

Lou overpays and gets less then he should in deals
    That said he does build really tough playoff teams so it makes up for it

the only source on this josh anderson thing that i really consider somewhat reliable is NRD, and lou’s notorious for not leaking much of anything and if things get leaked then not doing them, so who knows. that said, lou’s always valued goaltenders really highly and has been willing to overpay to lock that position in. he for sure overpaid for palmieri and pageau, but they also happened at the deadline and those players filled obvious holes which anderson just doesn’t do. he always goes after the most obvious target, which to me is clearly fiala. i wonder if this anderson noise is him trying to strong-arm GMBG.
    Jun. 27, 2022 at 2:53 p.m.
    To play devils advocate
    How could you say though?
    No trial was ever seriously pursued as USA justice system to the rest of the world looks uncivilized is what most Americans dont see.
    The fact that E.Kane hired him right after to do the same thing choosing to attack the victim rather then prove his innocence

As bad as Canada is as our conviction rate really isnt much better we atleast hear the victims out(even if in vain seemingly sometimes)
    Its the standards in which a jury is asked to assign guilt that is our issue up here as the onus is on the victim to prove beyond any shadow of a doubt it happened which is nearly impossible in most case's of sexual abuse unless they tape it which is also illegal without their abuser's consent.

My point is Kane in Sweden woulda been convicted 8/10 based on their Conviction rates vs ours
    Their standards are to rely more on the Judge's discretion in cases like this
    The judge weighs your history and other accusations more seriously then a jury does as getting 12 people to agree on Lunch is impossible let alone Guilt

The victims here are Targets
    The victims there are treated like humans and media that attacks them is in violation of the law
    Its why Tabloids wasnt set up there bashing the Rape Victim as that type of Sensationalism isnt welcome

We're fairly young countries that still have a lot to learn
    Sweden has survived as long as it has by evolving its laws in really progressive ways

That is absolutely true. We don't and can't know for sure. Which is why we can't speak in absolutes in either direction. As I said, the available facts point to him not being a rapist, and I have resolved to give him that benefit of the doubt based on those available facts. That isn't to say I don't still have second guess that conclusion or that I am not open to being wrong.
    Billy739 liked this.
    Jun. 27, 2022 at 2:55 p.m.
    Sure , whatever helps you sleep at night haha
    I accept the difference between right and wrong
    I see being wrong as an opportunity to Humble myself and Grow my Knowledge.

Your approach is to ignore Context and Go "See im right "
    I mean if that's what you need to tell yourself ok
    But i dont get most of the lotto numbers right then Celebrate almost winning

This isn't about "being humble" or "growing my knowledge." I said 1 sentence in a thread that's not even yours and you wrote me a book of nonsense about how this draft is actually bad and stuff I frankly don't care about because it's probably wrong. So I responded with a single sentence that should have ended the conversation entirely but then you started trying to belittle my knowledge by saying "I got all these trade values wrong." Logically I am going to defend that.

I'm ending this here. I completely disagree with your first response to me because the concept of 13th OA and 26th OA being the same caliber player is just flawed. To me this says you haven't done enough homework on the draft. However, that is not to say that someone from 26th OA can't develop into someone drafted ahead of them at 13th OA. Pastrnak (25th) over Perlini (12th) comes to mind.
    Jun. 27, 2022 at 3:15 p.m.
    Billy739
    This isn't about "being humble" or "growing my knowledge." I said 1 sentence in a thread that's not even yours and you wrote me a book of nonsense about how this draft is actually bad and stuff I frankly don't care about because it's probably wrong. So I responded with a single sentence that should have ended the conversation entirely but then you started trying to belittle my knowledge by saying "I got all these trade values wrong." Logically I am going to defend that.

I'm ending this here. I completely disagree with your first response to me because the concept of 13th OA and 26th OA being the same caliber player is just flawed. To me this says you haven't done enough homework on the draft. However, that is not to say that someone from 26th OA can't develop into someone drafted ahead of them at 13th OA. Pastrnak (25th) over Perlini (12th) comes to mind.

This is about Accountability and Context nothing more
    Anyone trying to sell something else is looking to Manipulate the subject
    No Book worth of notes needed to try to Educate you to how the other side lives lol
    Jun. 27, 2022 at 3:25 p.m.
    Billy739
    Quoting: Garak
    That is absolutely true. We don't and can't know for sure. Which is why we can't speak in absolutes in either direction. As I said, the available facts point to him not being a rapist, and I have resolved to give him that benefit of the doubt based on those available facts. That isn't to say I don't still have second guess that conclusion or that I am not open to being wrong.

I can set that aside enough not to judge people who still support rapists
    But as a Victim of abuse who's been to court and knows what its like to be undermined by a Predator i gotta say i cant give Patrick that kinda pass.Even if lets say hypothetically its buyers remoarse how he handled himself set the tone and sent a message to victims everywhere

Instead of trying to make a positive impact and change like Mailloux's doing with his efforts to use his story to raise awareness.
    Patrick tried taking the moral highground after choosing to get dirty
    If he was innocent it should have come out in trial not by sicking thousands of angry fans to harass them
    Dont matter how you spin it he knew what was going on and chose to say nothing to stop it

You can argue he didnt have to which is true.But to me there's a difference between defending your innocence and slandering others playing the "who looks worse " game

Being on the other side of it makes all the difference as before i went through it i had a lot of assumptions about right and wrong with regards to how it apply's to the legal system . What i learned is Jury's care less about what you go through and are putting themselves in not only your position but out of fear largely in the Accused's position. Their logic is better a 100 rapist walk free then 1 possibly innocent man be convicted. I get the logic to it but the trial isnt about them and never was making this type of bias a serious obstacle to over come and why in Sweden Judge's make rulings on cases like these. That said their Judge's arent bought and paid for by a Party like its a Nascar Sponsor either so they can do it that way i suppose lol

Its a really confusing and overly stressful process
    To me the fact that a Judge can weigh past history but a Lawyer cant submit it to the Jury unless there's a conviction is one of the many reasons why our system doesnt function properly in this regard.
    Jun. 28, 2022 at 7:09 p.m.
    Edited Jun. 28, 2022 at 7:21 p.m.
    I can set that aside enough not to judge people who still support rapists
    But as a Victim of abuse who's been to court and knows what its like to be undermined by a Predator i gotta say i cant give Patrick that kinda pass.Even if lets say hypothetically its buyers remoarse how he handled himself set the tone and sent a message to victims everywhere

Instead of trying to make a positive impact and change like Mailloux's doing with his efforts to use his story to raise awareness.
    Patrick tried taking the moral highground after choosing to get dirty
    If he was innocent it should have come out in trial not by sicking thousands of angry fans to harass them
    Dont matter how you spin it he knew what was going on and chose to say nothing to stop it

You can argue he didnt have to which is true.But to me there's a difference between defending your innocence and slandering others playing the "who looks worse " game

Being on the other side of it makes all the difference as before i went through it i had a lot of assumptions about right and wrong with regards to how it apply's to the legal system . What i learned is Jury's care less about what you go through and are putting themselves in not only your position but out of fear largely in the Accused's position. Their logic is better a 100 rapist walk free then 1 possibly innocent man be convicted. I get the logic to it but the trial isnt about them and never was making this type of bias a serious obstacle to over come and why in Sweden Judge's make rulings on cases like these. That said their Judge's arent bought and paid for by a Party like its a Nascar Sponsor either so they can do it that way i suppose lol

Its a really confusing and overly stressful process
    To me the fact that a Judge can weigh past history but a Lawyer cant submit it to the Jury unless there's a conviction is one of the many reasons why our system doesnt function properly in this regard.

I am absolutely not someone who would, as you said, "still support a rapist" knowing what they have done. So, I just spent the last day, after our conversation, second guessing my conclusions, refreshing my memory and combing through all the available facts surrounding the accusations agains Patrick Kane, even going so far as to look into the backgrounds of the lawyers and district attorney involved and the timeline of events that happened,

And, after careful consideration, here are a few things I determined from those available FACTs:
    1: this campaign of slander against the accuser, that you keep bringing up, doesn't even exist. It is almost impossible that it could considering the accuser was never revealed publicly. Even so, fans cannot be controlled, especially the types that go so far as to threaten other people on behalf of someone they don't even know.
    2: All indications are that the girl was scamming, most likely for money, and got caught.
    3: The Erie County District Attorney who made that determination has a career mired in fair and just rulings on important cases without bias or any trace of corruption. He described the accusers case as a "so called case" and "rife with reasonable doubt". Also, this all happened right before an election year. As a democrat in a blue state ruling against an alleged victim of rape in such a high profile case would be career suicide if there wasn't real tangible and reasonable doubt. And his track record would seem to indicate that he only has the best interests of his constituents in mind and doesn't bend to the will of the wealthy and powerful.
    4: The girls lawyer was a scammer personal injury lawyer.
    5: Seems pretty reasonable that Kane was silent because of the position he was put in and/or by the instruction of his lawyer and the organizations that he represents. But all that aside, silence is not a crime and is not inherently indicative of guilt.

I don't blame you for having bias or being suspicious, especially considering what you told me you have gone through. But the argument against 'victim shaming' doesn't mean that the accuser is always right. For true justice, due diligence is always warranted. I definitely don't think that Kane or anyone in the Blackhawks organization or the NHL as a whole, other than a VERY select few players coaches and executives, has been vocal enough about the subject of rape and other social justice issues, for my liking. My Blackhawks and Hockey fandom is hanging by a thread because of that. However, a lack of being vocal about something, depending on the subject can certainly be a PR nightmare, but it is not a crime.

Also, while what Mailloux did is not nearly as egregious as rape, IT IS proven and tangible. It seems to me, and this is just my opinion, Mailloux is just doing the bare minimum required to keep his hopes of a career in hockey alive. Yet, you paint him as a picture of remorse and change. Which seems like another opinion in which you have possibly shown bias, maybe because of being a Montreal fan. Not only that but you are the one that used P. Kane and E. Kane as comparable examples in the first place, playing a game of "who looks worse" of your own. Which is a tactic you essentially just argued as being petty and baseless.

All I'm saying is that, I do agree with you generally on a lot of what you are saying, but I think ignoring facts in favor of an emotional response or gut suspicion can be a dangerous game. We all have to make our own determinations on things, especially when the answers might not be so clear. I am absolutely open to the possibility that Kane might be guilty and there was some sort of corruption behind the scenes. But to me, in the case of the accusations against P. Kane, given the available information and what logically makes sense considering the timeline of events, indications are that he was not guilty of any wrong doing.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll