UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$925,000
1$925,000
1$800,000
3$5,500,000
3$2,500,000
5$5,000,000
Offer Sheets
Offer sheet annual average (AAV) is calculated by dividing the contract value by the lower of: 1. The contract length, or 2. Five years
PLAYERAAVCOMPENSATION
Appleton, Mason$1,000,000No Compensation
Fleury, Cale$850,000No Compensation
Middleton, Jake$850,000No Compensation
Trades
CGY
  1. Brodie, TJ
  2. Liljegren, Timothy
  3. 2022 1st round pick (TOR)
TBL
  1. Der-Arguchintsev, Semyon
  2. Holl, Justin
  3. Robertson, Nicholas
  4. 2023 3rd round pick (TOR)
  5. 2024 4th round pick (TOR)
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
20$82,500,000$79,251,450$212,500$0$3,248,550
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 8
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 2
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$1,125,000$1,125,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$4,125,000$4,125,000
C
UFA - 1
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$4,166,667$4,166,667
LW
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$2,950,000$2,950,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
UFA - 5
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$3,166,667$3,166,667
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$4,550,000$4,550,000
RD
UFA - 4
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$2,800,000$2,800,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$850,000$850,000
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 1, 2022 at 11:08 a.m.
You don't have to hit submit...
It even asks you twice before submitting
Knuckl3s liked this.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 11:17 a.m.
Miss YA Killer
This is either extremely delusional or pure comedy. those are the last 2 people TB are trading. Top pair lockdown rd making <3,000,000 and a 20 goal scorer making 1,125,000
Jul. 1, 2022 at 11:54 a.m.
Delusional on literally every single thing proposed
Jul. 1, 2022 at 2:10 p.m.
two terrible contracts for blackwood and graves??? sign me up!!
Jul. 1, 2022 at 2:49 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
You probably should’ve kept this in your drafts rather than posting it
Knuckl3s liked this.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 5:08 p.m.
Hockey Fan First
Quoting: Ledge_And_Dairy
You don't have to hit submit...
It even asks you twice before submitting

You know how many times I see these idiotic comments from people saying things like "Would never happen" or whatever other nonsense. Here's some truth in Hockey. Trades happen all the time no one thought would happen. Players often go for a lot less than others predict and no one is no-move or untouchable. I heard someone tell me Boston would never trade Ritchie to TO or they would match any offer. Then that off season TO signed him for less than I had predicted. Turns out he didn't make anything of it. But the fact remains that most people I see comment on here aren't worth listening to or they over estimate their team players worth in the bigger picture.

What I NEVER see is intelligent comments like "Tweak this here and it works"
Jul. 1, 2022 at 5:49 p.m.
Quoting: DarthBriggles
You know how many times I see these idiotic comments from people saying things like "Would never happen" or whatever other nonsense. Here's some truth in Hockey. Trades happen all the time no one thought would happen. Players often go for a lot less than others predict and no one is no-move or untouchable. I heard someone tell me Boston would never trade Ritchie to TO or they would match any offer. Then that off season TO signed him for less than I had predicted. Turns out he didn't make anything of it. But the fact remains that most people I see comment on here aren't worth listening to or they over estimate their team players worth in the bigger picture.

What I NEVER see is intelligent comments like "Tweak this here and it works"

Alright you want an actual breakdown of this mess?

Trade 1: Tavares declines because he has full say on where he plays and Toronto cant do **** about it. It's also a bad deal for Vancouver
Trade 2: Florida declines because they are in a cap crunch and Verhaeghe is cheaper with more term, he also doesn't play center so why are you playing him there?
Trade 3: TJ Brodie decline, Calgary, and Toronto decline. Both team and player have moved on from eachother and Calgary isn't moving their #1 who's young and locked up long term for a couple #3's. At the same times Toronto isn't decimating their already extremely thin RD depth for an upgrade to Morgan's partner.
Trade 4: Tampa trade is just extremely lopsided, nothing worth discussing on it
Trade 5: Muzzin declines, again full NTC, can block every trade.

Now for the signings:
Nichushkin is going to get a long term deal of at least 6M, this is a massive underpay in both money and term
Marchment has earned a pretty decent raise, likely 3M and no less than 2.5M
Campbell will want at least 5 years of term and probably at least 5M, the latest report says he will get 6M
Boeser's qualifying offer is 7.5M
Lyubushkin can probably get more on the market
Middleton and Appleton offer sheets will get matched instantly.

Just because the trades worked for you on easy mode in chel doesn't mean they are remotely realistic
Jul. 1, 2022 at 5:54 p.m.
Hockey Fan First
Quoting: Boltsradynasty
This is either extremely delusional or pure comedy. those are the last 2 people TB are trading. Top pair lockdown rd making <3,000,000 and a 20 goal scorer making 1,125,000

The Cup dream in Tampa is over. They need to get some cap space and they need to look to the future.

Nick Robertson is only 20 and by all scouting reports has the same potential as his older brother Jason 41 goals 79 points this past season. So yeah he is worth the risk to make some cap room and gain 5 years of youth. Even more so when you consider Colton has mostly been regulated to LW behind Killorn, Hagel, and sometime Stamkos or Nicolas. Tampa is taking the risk that Robertson pans out and Toronto is taking the risk that Colton continues to improve and that Robertson doesn't turn into the first liner he is protected to be.

In Holl vs Cernak. Yes I would agree there is a bit of a downgrade for Tampa. But it gives them cap room to resign Rutta who will likely cost $3mil+ instead of the $1.3mil bargain he was last year.

Add in the draft picks and Tampa comes out ahead with a vision for the future in this trade overall.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 6:40 p.m.
Miss YA Killer
The Cup dream in Tampa is over. They need to get some cap space and they need to look to the future.

Nick Robertson is only 20 and by all scouting reports has the same potential as his older brother Jason 41 goals 79 points this past season. So yeah he is worth the risk to make some cap room and gain 5 years of youth. Even more so when you consider Colton has mostly been regulated to LW behind Killorn, Hagel, and sometime Stamkos or Nicolas. Tampa is taking the risk that Robertson pans out and Toronto is taking the risk that Colton continues to improve and that Robertson doesn't turn into the first liner he is protected to be.

In Holl vs Cernak. Yes I would agree there is a bit of a downgrade for Tampa. But it gives them cap room to resign Rutta who will likely cost $3mil+ instead of the $1.3mil bargain he was last year.

Add in the draft picks and Tampa comes out ahead with a vision for the future in this trade overall.

2 Shots from winning an overtime goal in games 1&4 but their done stop
With the response the answer is DELUSIONAL
Jul. 1, 2022 at 8:03 p.m.
Hockey Fan First
Alright you want an actual breakdown of this mess?

Yeah. But an intelligent one.

Trade 1: Tavares declines because he has full say on where he plays and Toronto cant do **** about it. It's also a bad deal for Vancouver

This could be correct. Tavares could deny the trade and that would be the end of it. On the other hand he could see an opportunity in Vancouver and understand how TO needs to make room. Hard to tell what people will do. He may love being a Leaf, but he may also love the team enough to make the sacrifice.

Not sure how this is bad for Vancouver. Vancouver has the cap room. Taveras is older yes, but arguably a better face-off man and was 27G, 49A, 76Pts VS. Horvats 31G, 21A, 52Pts. Looks like an offense upgrade. Perhaps Horvat and Boeser are a bit much. So drop Boeser and Kerfoot from the deal and it looks to even up.

Trade 2: Florida declines because they are in a cap crunch and Verhaeghe is cheaper with more term, he also doesn't play center so why are you playing him there?

You're right Florida has cap issues. They have $$3mil in cap space. They will want to resign 23yr old Luostarinen (that's about $2mil) plus they need to fill 2 more rosetr spots.

So remove Nylander and insert Kerfoot into the trade. Now Florida gets 2 players at the price of $5mil total instead of one at $4.1. Kampf (27yrs) was 11G, 15A, 26Pts, Kerfoot (27yrs) was 13G, 38A, 51Pts. Verhaeghe 27yrs was 24G, 31A, 55Pts. So Florida gets two players that can play both LW and C that are the same age for $900k more and produced the same amount of Goals, 22 more assists. Meanwhile reducing their empty roster spots to 1 instead of 2 with $1.5 mil to spend.

Seems to make sense to me. Though I could see Florida asking for perhaps a mid-tire prospect or mid-round draft pick as well.

Trade 3: TJ Brodie decline, Calgary, and Toronto decline. Both team and player have moved on from eachother and Calgary isn't moving their #1 who's young and locked up long term for a couple #3's. At the same times Toronto isn't decimating their already extremely thin RD depth for an upgrade to Morgan's partner.

Didn't realize Brodie had a NTC, so he could deline. But what makes you think he would? He might accept for the exact same reasons Tavares would. On top of that he has a good history with Calgary and didn't leave under bad terms. While Liljegren isn't at the level Andersson is, yet, he could be< or close, in 2 years. Hence the 1st Round Pick.

Calgary has $26mil in cap room with 6 Forward and 2 Defence positions to fill. They will likely want to re-sign Gaudreau (approx $10mil+), Tkachuk (approx $10mil+), and Mangiapane (approx $4mil+). They will also have Monahan coming off IR (loved by the team and fans) at prob $3mil give or take.

They will likely let Zadorov go and try to retain Kylington instead since he will probably be at a lower cost.

That leaves 2 Forward and 1 Defence position to fill with very little room to do it. Again in this situation filling two RD slots with good players that will only cost them $1,8mil more. Or perhaps this is a 3 way deal involving Brodie going to a 3rd team and Calgary getting a different player for less. Add to that logic the 1st rounder and it certainly seems to make sense for Calgary, if they don't actually come out ahead in the end.

Trade 4: Tampa trade is just extremely lopsided, nothing worth discussing on it

I completely disagree. As I answered this one on another thread I will simply leave it at that.

Trade 5: Muzzin declines, again full NTC, can block every trade.

You keep saying people will decline. But there is not given reasoning. Players constantly waves their NTC's. If he won't go to NJ then maybe this is another 3-team deal. Either way the equity is there.

Now for the signings:
Nichushkin is going to get a long term deal of at least 6M, this is a massive underpay in both money and term

$1mil less for a 3yr deal is a massive undersigning? He was only making $2.5mil in his last contract. Last year was his first and only year scoring more than 14G or 34pts in 6 full seasons (7 total). Seems to me like the legit concerns he may not repeat those numbers justifies the $1mil less. And by making the deal 3 years he has the opportunity to earn an even bigger payday if he keeps it up over those 3 years.

At most I could see the term being shorter (2yrs) or a little more money ($500kish)

Marchment has earned a pretty decent raise, likely 3M and no less than 2.5M

I can see your point here. But again he has only had 1 year of real performance. Marchment grew up a Leafs fan, liked being in TO and he may be willing to take a lower 1-yr deal (close to home) with the idea of that pay raise next year. He could have an even better year and earn himself a bidding war. Then again maybe the contract does need to be boosted a bit. But either way that doesn't put the nail in the coffin on this one. Keep in mind I'm showing depth of 5 Forwards and 4 Defence that account for an additional $4.5mil in cap room to work with.

Campbell will want at least 5 years of term and probably at least 5M, the latest report says he will get 6M

Again this is conjecture. The "report" says he want's $5mil, I agree he could get up to $6mil. On the other hand, there is every indication he'd like to stay in TO IF he can get a contract close to his numbers. He made $1.65mil last year. Which makes $4.5 mil 2.5x's that amount and not that far off from the $5 mil he's reportedly asked the Leafs for. Lastly, as I pointed out above, with these trades etc the Leafs would have an additional $4.5mil to work with. Assume they signed Nichushkin at $5.5mil, Marchment at $2.5mil and Campbell at $5mil. They'd still have $2.5mil left in cap space. So this is very doable.

Boeser's qualifying offer is 7.5M

Based on things I have mentioned above. I'll make adjustments to drop Boeser from the trade and adjust some trades/salaries.

Lyubushkin can probably get more on the market
Middleton and Appleton offer sheets will get matched instantly.

Perhaps these are all true. Lyubushkin isn't a key component. But he might take the cut to avoid a move and he seems like he is still finding his stride. Didn't make a big splash when he got to TO.

As for Middleton and Mason. The offer sheets would likely be matched. But that doesn't mean they couldn't easily be traded for. Don't think either demands much other than a prospect of a draft pick.

Just because the trades worked for you on easy mode in chel doesn't mean they are remotely realistic

It's kind of assuming a lot you'd say this. Ironic, because I did check them on NHL 22 but it was on Hard setting. In the Vancouver deal I was able to get a 1st back from Vancouver. In some of the other deals I was able to get picks as well. Not that I think it has any bearing on reality. Then again neither do most comments I see.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 8:04 p.m.
Hockey Fan First
Edited Jul. 1, 2022 at 8:30 p.m.. Reason: Additional
Quoting: Boltsradynasty
2 Shots from winning an overtime goal in games 1&4 but their done stop
With the response the answer is DELUSIONAL

With all I said in my logical explanation and THAT is what you focused on? First of all Tampa was cheating the salary cap yet again. Even then they only beat TO by a hair. They got lucky NYR had gone through two very long difficult series.

LMAO the only thing "Delusional" is you. Not worth listening or replying to.
Jul. 1, 2022 at 8:34 p.m.
Hockey Fan First
Quoting: Juiceman
You probably should’ve kept this in your drafts rather than posting it

You should probably say something useful and thought out
Jul. 1, 2022 at 8:35 p.m.
Hockey Fan First
Quoting: KDev
Delusional on literally every single thing proposed

Not interested in your personal history
Jul. 1, 2022 at 8:37 p.m.
Ex Nucks fan
You should probably say something useful and thought out

Maybe you should create an ACGM that was actually thought out. Did you really think these were reasonable moves when you posted?
Knuckl3s liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll