SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Vancouver Canucks

Canucks Lineup 2017/18

May 19, 2017 at 1:26 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Quoting: DavidBooth7

Yes he should be. He's had a very good junior career, time to move up to the big boys now

ok then, maybe?

Juolevi-Stetcher
Sbisa-Shattenkirk
Edler-Tanev

i don't know, i still like the idea of Quincey.

Where the heck do you get the idea Shattinkerk would go to Vancouver. Please stop with that
May 20, 2017 at 3:17 a.m.

ok then, maybe?

Juolevi-Stetcher
Sbisa-Shattenkirk
Edler-Tanev

i don't know, i still like the idea of Quincey.

Where the heck do you get the idea Shattinkerk would go to Vancouver. Please stop with that

Tanev is our number 1 dman stop treating him as a 3rd line pairing scrub, as well as edler, who is at #2. Shattenkirk won't sign with van, and Jim won't want him either
May 20, 2017 at 10:33 a.m.
Quoting: Sahil2020

Tanev is our number 1 dman stop treating him as a 3rd line pairing scrub, as well as edler, who is at #2. Shattenkirk won't sign with van, and Jim won't want him either

Just a tip for you: don't listen to that Rangers guy. Just don't.
May 21, 2017 at 9:08 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Tanev is on the 3rd pairing on here, but that doesn't mean he's a 3rd pairing defenseman. I think they trade Hutton and would want another defenseman to replace him so that's why i have Shattenkirk signing there.
May 21, 2017 at 9:41 p.m.
Tanev is on the 3rd pairing on here, but that doesn't mean he's a 3rd pairing defenseman. I think they trade Hutton and would want another defenseman to replace him so that's why i have Shattenkirk signing there.

SHATTINKERK WONT SIGN WITH THE CANUCKS

My last resort for you to understand this is by capitalizing everything. What do you not understand???
PrisonBull and Sahil2020 liked this.
May 22, 2017 at 3:03 a.m.

My last resort for you to understand this is by capitalizing everything. What do you not understand???

they are in a rebuild, all he would do is actually ruin their rebuild, score extra goals therefore putting them in a lower position in drafting
PrisonBull liked this.
May 22, 2017 at 9:24 a.m.

they are in a rebuild, all he would do is actually ruin their rebuild, score extra goals therefore putting them in a lower position in drafting

All of that, on top of the fact that shattinkerk would never sign with them to begin with! Rangersfan, I honestly can't believe you. Give it a rest man
May 22, 2017 at 12:35 p.m.
The Canucks next year will NOT be trying for the playoffs. As they are in a REBUILD they will not be signing any expensive UFAs. Sbisa will be exposed and likely selected.

Baertschi- Horvat - Boeser
Sedin - Sedin - Granlund
Goldobin - Sutter - Dahlen
Boucher - Molino - Eriksson
Dorsett/Labate

Edler - Stecher
Hutton - Gudbranson
Tanev - Pedan/Biega/McEneny/Subban (Juolevi despite pressure to play him will return to London after 9 games to work on getting stronger.)

Markstrom
Bachman
May 22, 2017 at 12:41 p.m.
Sensible Commentary
Quoting: PrisonBull
The Canucks next year will NOT be trying for the playoffs. As they are in a REBUILD they will not be signing any expensive UFAs. Sbisa will be exposed and likely selected.

Sedin - Sedin - Granlund
Dorsett/Labate

Edler - Stecher
Hutton - Gudbranson
Tanev - Pedan/Biega/McEneny/Subban (Juolevi despite pressure to play him will return to London after 9 games to work on getting stronger.)

Markstrom
Bachman
If you're gonna play Loui Eriksson on the 4th line, might as well convince him to waive his NMC to go to Las Vegas, 'cause that's a waste of $36 million otherwise.

(also, many lulz to be had at paying Brandon Sutter $4.375M annually to be a bottom 6 center)
May 22, 2017 at 12:48 p.m.

Sedin - Sedin - Granlund
Dorsett/Labate

Edler - Stecher
Hutton - Gudbranson

Markstrom
Bachman

This is almost the exact same lineup that I originally posted in the first post with the exception of Bachman and Juolevi. Completely agree with everything else though
May 25, 2017 at 4:25 a.m.
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid

Sedin - Sedin - Granlund
Dorsett/Labate

Edler - Stecher
Hutton - Gudbranson

Markstrom
Bachman
If you're gonna play Loui Eriksson on the 4th line, might as well convince him to waive his NMC to go to Las Vegas, 'cause that's a waste of $36 million otherwise.

(also, many lulz to be had at paying Brandon Sutter $4.375M annually to be a bottom 6 center)

Do you play Sutter ahead of the Sedins or Horvat? Not likely. His line could catch fire and be the number 1 line. It's not set in stone. Nor is Boucher or Molino starting ahead of Dorsett or Labate.
May 25, 2017 at 11:36 a.m.
Sensible Commentary
Quoting: DragonRaptorHybrid

Do you play Sutter ahead of the Sedins or Horvat? Not likely. His line could catch fire and be the number 1 line. It's not set in stone. Nor is Boucher or Molino starting ahead of Dorsett or Labate.
Lineups like these do generally imply an associated ice-time to go along with them, and if you're going to pay Loui Eriksson $6M/year, he needs top-line minutes.

Loui Eriksson's situation seems very similar to year 2 of Radim Vrbata's tenure with the Canucks. Both (ostensibly) signed on to play with the Sedins, and Vrbata did fabulously in year 1, to the tune of 31 G and 63 P (a new high for him) in 79 GP. Then he got shunted onto Horvat and Bärtschi's line in year 2, and things went south, to the point where everyone thought he was going to wash out of the NHL. He goes back to Arizona and, like magic, puts up 20 G and 55 P in 81 GP. Eriksson seems to have skipped the "do fabulously while playing with the Sedins" part and skipped straight to "being relegated to a different line and playing poorly as a result" part.
May 26, 2017 at 6:24 p.m.
Edited May 27, 2017 at 2:45 a.m.

Sedin - Sedin - Granlund
Dorsett/Labate

Edler - Stecher
Hutton - Gudbranson

Markstrom
Bachman

Vegas picks sbisa
Canucks pick Mittelstadt 5th overall

My lineups
Bae/Eriksson - Horvat - Boeser/Eriksson/Goldobin
Sedin - Sedin - Goldobin/Granlund/Eriksson
Bae/Granlund - Sutter- Goldobin/Boucher/eriksson
Skille/Gaunce - Molino/Chaput/Gaunce/Megna - Boucher/Dorsett

D
Edler - Stecher
Juolevi - Tanev
Hutton - Gudbranson
Pedan - Biega/Subban

Most likely line combinations
May 26, 2017 at 6:58 p.m.

Sedin - Sedin - Granlund
Dorsett/Labate

Edler - Stecher
Hutton - Gudbranson

Markstrom
Bachman

Vegas picks sbisa

My lineups
Bae/ Eriksson - Horvat - Boeser/Eriksson/Goldobin

D
Edler - Stecher
Juolevi - Tanev
Hutton - Gudbranson
Pedan - Biega/Subban

Ericsson centering Bae and Bo. I tried to stop reading after that
May 26, 2017 at 10:53 p.m.
get ur corsi up
nodCanucks Lineup:
Baertschi, Horvat, Granlund, Stecher, and a whole bunch of overpaid old guys. nod
May 26, 2017 at 10:53 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Just kidding, kind of.
May 26, 2017 at 11:35 p.m.
Quoting: DarylthePony
Just kidding, kind of.

The "kind of" part is disturbing me :"laugh
May 27, 2017 at 2:48 a.m.

Vegas picks sbisa

My lineups
Bae/ Eriksson - Horvat - Boeser/Eriksson/Goldobin

D
Edler - Stecher
Juolevi - Tanev
Hutton - Gudbranson
Pedan - Biega/Subban

Ericsson centering Bae and Bo. I tried to stop reading after that

I have a slash between baertschi and eriksson meaning that they are the most likely left wings to play with bo on the top line in my prediction, the "-" is what divides the positions
May 27, 2017 at 11:30 a.m.
You didn't have a slash before...hence why you edited your original post 8 hours after you posted it lmfao

Doesn't even matter, there's no chance on this planet Eriksson plays with someone remotely good. He isn't worth it, garbage player who eats up a roster spot and nothing can be done about it
May 27, 2017 at 6:46 p.m.
get ur corsi up
You didn't have a slash before...hence why you edited your original post 8 hours after you posted it lmfao

Doesn't even matter, there's no chance on this planet Eriksson plays with someone remotely good. He isn't worth it, garbage player who eats up a roster spot and nothing can be done about it

Exactly, they can't trade him unless the also send a 1st or a prospect to the team, buying him out is costly (for now), so in conclusion: one of the worst FA signings of last offseason.
May 27, 2017 at 8:10 p.m.

Exactly, they can't trade him unless the also send a 1st or a prospect to the team, buying him out is costly (for now), so in conclusion: one of the worst FA signings of last offseason.

Agreed. I think it's best if the Canucks just accept that the signing didn't work out, and only give him 4th line minutes with zero time on special teams. Just because they're stuck with him for the next six years doesn't mean he should eat up younger players' ice times. Guys like Boucher, Goldy, Molino, are higher priorites than Eriksson
May 27, 2017 at 8:12 p.m.
nodCanucks Lineup:
Baertschi, Horvat, Granlund, Stecher, and a whole bunch of overpaid old guys. nod

Throw in a bunch of 25 year old nobodies and that's pretty much their team. I get you were joking, but when you think about it it's actually unfortunatly the sad truth. JB tried to build a winning team when he should have just gone with the rebuild. Not even JBs fault, more Aquilinis. Because of that, their chances of competing for a cup will take another 2-4 years on top of their current rebuild.
May 29, 2017 at 8:03 p.m.

Burrows played with Horvat quite a lot, but he isn't that good offensively, but he is amazing defensively, which made him a great fit. Eriksson can still probably get a comeback year maybe, 40-50 points, and he's great defensively, which can help out Horvat, as he is gonna be the guy trying to shut down players like Crosby and Mcdavid

There is no way we can move him, so just might as well use him as much as possible,
May 29, 2017 at 9:41 p.m.

Burrows played with Horvat quite a lot, but he isn't that good offensively, but he is amazing defensively, which made him a great fit. Eriksson can still probably get a comeback year maybe, 40-50 points, and he's great defensively, which can help out Horvat, as he is gonna be the guy trying to shut down players like Crosby and Mcdavid

There is no way we can move him, so just might as well use him as much as possible,

Bwhahaha! 50 points!

There is zero need to use him. This rebuilding team should give more opportunities to the younger folks. In 5-10 years time Eriksson isn't going to win them a Cup, hence he's useless
May 30, 2017 at 12:42 p.m.
My Canucks team based off my projected Canucks Offseason (Traded Tanev):
https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/edit/280521

Sedin - Sedin - Granlund
Goldobin - Sutter - Eriksson
Gaunce - Chaput- Megna

Edler - Stecher
Hutton - Raddysh
Juolevi - Gudbranson

Markstrom
Niemi